Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong (14982 Views)

Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill / Anti-Same Sex Marriage Bill Scales Second Reading In House Of Reps / Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2011
ledafaze:

This evil brain of a boy i think u have issues.

When God created men, He said we should have dominion over all other things He created, including animals. So we are supposed to be super than them. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANIMALS OF SAME SEX MATING??

LAILAI, never , so haw could men bring themselves so low to mate with same sex? Ha, Fire bounce on them all

I'm tired of repeating myself. Hömösexuality is extremely common in the animal kingdom. Practically all higher animals do it. It's actually considered to be normal behaviour in more than a few species. Google "hömösexuality in animals" if you don't believe me.

Also I'm not a christian so keep the bible stuff to yourself if you don't mind.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 09, 2011
Evil Brain:

I'm tired of repeating myself. Hömösexuality is extremely common in the animal kingdom. Practically all higher animals do it. It's actually considered to be normal behaviour in more than a few species. Google "hömösexuality in animals" if you don't believe me.

Also I'm not a christian so keep the bible stuff to yourself if you don't mind.

Hmm, Have you seen one urself? It might be a cooked story and if not, I withdraw my former statement saying that animals don't do it but it was not so from scratch. But to say they do it, does that means that people too should be involved in it? If it is meant to happen so how do u want to reproduce? What if others also practiced same sex marriage, would there be children to adopt? Lets call a spade a spade. What is wrong is wrong dont let one whitty dey cook format for us, it is wrong chikena
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2011
Also, The fact that nature partakes in homosexuality is irrevelent to humans partaking in homosexuality. They do not have the same ability to reason as humans do.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by hercules07: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2011
Nigerians are funny people, as long as their rights are not infringed, they care less, imagine so called christians not loving their neighbors as themselves, a prominent human rights lawyer will have the bill thrown out sharp sharp, how can you take away the fundamental human rights of people because you do not agree with them, ban marriages between people of same sex but do not infringe on other rights that they should enjoy, that is simply wrong.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by mykali(m): 11:23pm On Dec 09, 2011
first of all . . .they call it G[i]a[/i]y Marriage. and the term i want to really point out is that Marriage is meant to be a 'Holy Matrimony' between a couple. you can't in no damn way tell me that a dude getting married to another dude by any Priest or Pastor can be termed a 'Holy Matrimony'

the f[i]a[/i]gs can do whatever they like. . .live together and poke themselves whichever way they like . . .but they should never get married. that should be out of their agenda. and the bill is meant to prevent marriages between them . . .and not a 'peaceful co-existence'

i am all in support for a ban on HOLY MATRIMONY between f[i]a[/i]gs!!!
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by rhymz(m): 11:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
Cine:

I want to address this whole good and evil issue because this conversation came up in my office last week. Everyone was expressing how evil and disgusting they thought homosexuals were. Me, being the adherent of libertarianism that I am, went completely against the grain (as I always seem to do) and started to spoil their little parade. Should have seen the looks on the faces of these forty and fifty something year olds when me their boss (twenty something), started defending said homosexuals. "How can you condone evil"; I was asked. Problem with this hollywood/biblical good and evil thing is that it doesn't really exist in the real world. Everyone is a little sociopathic, some more than most, for example: I couldn't steal money and then sleep at night knowing I've stolen, hence why I don't steal. There are many who can, and then sleep well. There are those who could happily kill another human being, and sleep well. They are not evil in the biblical sense, they are sociopathic to the extreme with psychopathic tendencies. People commit as much sin as their prepared to live with, it's not that the devils in them, it's just that they can live with themselves. Now having explained this to my office, I started getting all these bemused looks. I'm guessing they thought I was some closet Same-sex. I'm almost certain there are senators on this bill who are in fact bisexuals. The biggest problem I have with this bill and those who blindly support it and pontificate to those that don't, is that they remind me of the William Lynch's of this world, trying to convince you why those that are different may well be demonic etc. Terrified that if they support the rights of homosexuals people may think that they too are man-lover. Horrified by that fact. Forgetful that it was intolerance, pseudo science and fear that led to almost four hundred years of slavery.  cool  
I also will like to address an aspect of your post that I think many at times people who indulge in it mistake it for individuality or an independent mind. Just because you are in the habit of going against popular opinions or according to you, "go against the grain" does not neccessarily mean your opinion is better, superior a proof of a sound independent mind, it is just your opinion, that is it.
And now let me come to some of the erronuos beliefs on whose basis your arguments stand. First, there is nothing wrong if because of my religious, cultural and moral values I agree with the NA that a law should be passed that bans same-sex union and any other means of promoting homosexualism.
Every society is governed by laws, there is no such thing as limitless freedom thus the saying; "your rights ends where another person's right begins". It should be understood that laws are made in the context of what is generally accepted( or seen to be the majority) and societal idiosyncrasies. Even in a country, there are still local laws perculiar to a locality in the country; these local laws are informed by the people's cultural beliefs, generally accepted values and norms, religion and tradition, you can't take away these factors from the law making process. Hence it is folly for anyone to pretend like the much touted fundanental human rights are not borne out of a belief system, truth is, some latent human notions informed these human rights, so it can be argued that while it is ok to protect the right of everyone both majority and minority, it must be seen in the context of basic rights and not social issues as complicated and very complex as the issue of rights practise sodomy. To what ends do one's right encroach another person's right is the big question here nobody ask these pro-g'ay activists and g'ay people themselves. instead reducing the argument to a redundancy by resorting to the overlaboured fundamental humam right blabla, you should be more concerned with whether it is a majority view or opinion amongst Nigerians( the main people concerned) that same-sex union be outlawed. If it is the case, then respect and move on instead of trying to browbeat into acceptance.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
@ledafaze

If you want to see gäy animals in action, go to youtube.com

Also, you were the one who brought up animals to prove it was unnatural. So now that nature is disagreeing with you, you want to claim that it's not relevant? Learn how to argue like an adult.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Yeske2(m): 11:46pm On Dec 09, 2011
Wish most Nigerians would be more open minded to read in between the lines of this bill to fully understand what it all entails. @OP, it's so sad they won't instead judging the whole issue from their religious, cultural and emotional view points without thinking about the bad precedent this is laying. Nice try though
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Ovamboland(m): 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
rhymz:

I also will like to address an aspect of your post that I think many at times people who indulge in it mistake it for individuality or an independent mind. Just because you are in the habit of going against popular opinions or according to you, "go against the grain" does not neccessarily mean your opinion is better, superior a proof of a sound independent mind, it is just your opinion, that is it.
And now let me come to some of the erronuos beliefs on whose basis your arguments stand. First, there is nothing wrong if because of my religious, cultural and moral values I agree with the NA that a law should be passed that bans same-sex union and any other means of promoting homosexualism.
Every society is governed by laws, there is no such thing as limitless freedom thus the saying; "your rights ends where another person's right begins". It should be understood that laws are made in the context of what is generally accepted( or seen to be the majority) and societal idiosyncrasies. Even in a country, there are still local laws perculiar to a locality in the country; these local laws are informed by the people's cultural beliefs, generally accepted values and norms, religion and tradition, you can't take away these factors from the law making process. Hence it is folly for anyone to pretend like the much touted fundanental human rights are not borne out of a belief system, truth is, some latent human notions informed these human rights, so it can be argued that while it is ok to protect the right of everyone both majority and minority, it must be seen in the context of basic rights and not social issues as complicated and very complex as the issue of rights practise sodomy. To what ends do one's right encroach another person's right is the big question here nobody ask these pro-g'ay activists and g'ay people themselves. instead reducing the argument to a redundancy by resorting to the overlaboured fundamental humam right blabla, you should be more concerned with whether it is a majority view or opinion amongst Nigerians( the main people concerned) that same-sex union be outlawed. If it is the case, then respect and move on instead of trying to browbeat into acceptance.

To support your thinking we need to apologize to white supremacist who fought tooth and nail to prevent full civil rights from being granted to American Negros. Since they were in the majority we should ask them to have their way.
We are also sorry for celebrating Obama's ascension to the American presidency it was a gross mistake on our part. Apologies also to the Confederate states who fought the north American states gallantly and lost to defend slavery.

We need to hand back all the blacks since they are minority to go and start working the cotton fields.
Special apology to the Ku Klux klan for disturbing their activities. And the schools that were forcefully integrated need to be compensated. All awards to Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King, jr should be retrieved for they are common criminals by violating validly passed 'laws' by 'elected' representatives
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2011
@Evil Brain, maybe you shud give it up already.Nigerians are used to learning only the hard way.the nigerian government has fed them with the sugar they want to hear; suddenly our inept senators have become champions of the Nigerian people and defenders of our culture. the same people that won't bat an eyelid to pass a law to deny us our rights if it means more money for them.Goodluck Nigerians, till the lessons hit you hard in the face. keep chewing the carrot and ignore the knife behind you.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by manny4life(m): 12:01am On Dec 10, 2011
Evil Brain:

@ledafaze

If you want to see gäy animals in action, go to youtube.com

Also, you were the one who brought up animals to prove it was unnatural. So now that nature is disagreeing with you, you want to claim that it's not relevant? Learn how to argue like an adult.

You know I was in the office one faithful day about two and half weeks ago, a coworker asked me to look over her screen "gay penguins to be reunited at zoo". Obviously these are African penguins in Toronto zoo, go figure on those who claim this practice is not common to animals. I thinks animal experts at zoos and research facilities will argue otherwise.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:08am On Dec 10, 2011
@Yeske, the average Nigerian's mind is as open as first bank's vault; getting a Nigerian to be open minded is a near impossibility.

@Ovamboland; you do have a nice analogy there. me, am not drumming support for anyone; just trying to alert Nigerians on the multiple negatives that this bill comes with.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by ov: 12:26am On Dec 10, 2011
In as much as there is freedom of speech, it should not be overstretched beyond simple and basic morality.

Evilbrain if u can show me ANYWHERE in either the Holy Bible, Holy Quaran or any other traditional religion where gayism is encouraged, supported or talked highly about, then u may have a point! Till then i think u just take your dick n shove it in ur ass.

But hope u know if ur pop was gay u wont even b alife! Kinda wish he was gay though. At least d world would b less one gay! PHOKING gay!

Now US now allow soldiers to Bleep animals.

The next thing,some1 will say he wants to marry his mother!

eyin omor ale. Ko ni da fu gbo gbo yin o! olopolo dudu ni gbo gbo yin o! TOTO de free u say na yansh u wan Bleep!

moderators should not even allow membership of gays on this forum.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Iolo(m): 12:32am On Dec 10, 2011
The bulk of Nigerians think same sex relationships are wrong. The senate passed the bill based on popular opinion. Not based on religion or anything else.

Prostitution is a criminal offence. Does this mean we are impeding the freedom of expression of prostitutes? Why don't we have a Prostitutes Association of Nigeria? Same for Sodomists, People who sleep with goats and horses, rapies, serial killers, and the list goes.

Nigeria has chosen to PRESERVE ITS CULTURAL HERITAGE. Non of our 300+ tribes and religions support same sex marriages. So what is anybody complaining about?

If your gay, its either you keep the relationship without getting married, or you pack to Cameroon.

Two guys living together won't be tagged unless they've been acting suspiciously. And why would neighbors say you are gay when you aint. Just like a neighbor calling the police to say these girls here are prostitutes, arrest them. Don't think that happens.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 12:33am On Dec 10, 2011
ov:

In as much as there is freedom of speech, it should not be overstretched beyond simple and basic morality.

Evilbrain if u can show me ANYWHERE in either the Holy Bible, Holy Quaran or any other traditional religion where gayism is encouraged, supported or talked highly about, then u may have a point! Till then i think u just take your Joystick n shove it in your Bottom.

But hope u know if your pop was man-lover u wont even b alife! Kinda wish he was man-lover though. At least d world would b less one man-lover! PHOKING man-lover!

Now US now allow soldiers to bleep animals.

The next thing,some1 will say he wants to marry his mother!

eyin omor ale. Ko ni da fu gbo gbo yin o! olopolo dudu ni gbo gbo yin o! TOTO de free u say na yansh u wan bleep!

moderators should not even allow membership of man-loving-men on this forum.

Why do you people keep repeating the same nonsense? For the thousandth time, you religious beliefs are not relevant. Christianity and islam are not the only religions. The constitution does not recognize any religion and explicitly prohibits making laws based on them.

If you want to live in a sharia country, then go to Somalia.

Also, neither me nor my popsi are gäy. Have a nice day.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Iolo(m): 12:34am On Dec 10, 2011
The bulk of Nigerians think same sex relationships are wrong. The senate passed the bill based on popular opinion. Not based on religion or anything else.

Prostitution is a criminal offence. Does this mean we are impeding the freedom of expression of prostitutes? Why don't we have a Prostitutes Association of Nigeria? Same for Sodomists, People who sleep with goats and horses, rapies, serial killers, and the list goes.

Nigeria has chosen to PRESERVE ITS CULTURAL HERITAGE. Non of our 300+ tribes and religions support same sex marriages. So what is anybody complaining about?

If your gay, its either you keep the relationship without getting married, or you pack to Cameroon.

Two guys living together won't be tagged unless they've been acting suspiciously. And why would neighbors say you are gay when you aint. Just like a neighbor calling the police to say these girls here are prostitutes, arrest them. Don't think that happens.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by rhymz(m): 12:35am On Dec 10, 2011
Whether there are gay animals or not is not relevant to claiming that human beings can be born gay. Do you have any valid documented facts to prove that there is a possibilty that by a sort nature's freak, people can be gay?? So far there are no proof, besides, a majority of these h'omosexuals are nurtured ones, rhey are converts helped by the manipulated verseion of the freedom rights laws. God forbids nigeria descends to such a low in the name of liberalism
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by rhymz(m): 12:46am On Dec 10, 2011
Evil Brain:

Why do you people keep repeating the same nonsense? For the thousandth time, you religious beliefs are not relevant. Christianity and islam are not the only religions. The constitution does not recognize any religion and explicitly prohibits making laws based on them.

If you want to live in a sharia country, then go to Somalia.

Also, neither me nor my popsi are gäy. Have a nice day.
evil brain stop reducing the debate to saying Nigerians support it because of their religious beliefs and all that alien talk. Every decision that people take is informed by these factors, that is the fact. I am not a religious goon myself but I am in total support of the bill. If they choose to pound eachother fron behind, that is their own cup of tea so long as they keep it privated and closet. The minutes they start asking for recognition, representations, marrige rights, redefinition of the marriage institution and promoting their life style to target young impreesionable kids then there is need to tell them their limitations, simple!
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 12:55am On Dec 10, 2011
Iolo:

Prostitution is a criminal offence. Does this mean we are impeding the freedom of expression of LovePeddlers? Why don't we have a LovePeddlers Association of Nigeria? Same for Sodomists, People who sleep with goats and horses, rapies, serial killers, and the list goes.

If your man-lover, its either you keep the relationship without getting married, or you pack to Cameroon.

Two guys living together won't be tagged unless they've been acting suspiciously. And why would neighbors say you are man-lover when you aint. Just like a neighbor calling the police to say these girls here are LovePeddlers, arrest them. Don't think that happens.

If you think this bill wasn't motivated by religion then you clearly haven't been paying attention. David Mark clearly stated on multiple occasions that religion was a major justification for the bill. The entire senate debate was an endless stream of "koran says this" and "sodom and gomorrah that" preaching by senator who apparently have never read the constitution before. Videos of this stuff are available on youtube, see for yourself.

And just so you know, pröstitutes are still guaranteed freedom of expression under the constitution. And yes the can and do form associations.

And you insult your own intelligence when you compare gäys to räpists and serial killers. If you can't see the difference between a consensual act between adults and one person harming or killing another then there is no point arguing with you.

Your last paragraph is just plain dumb. Is it possible that you are unable to think of a scenario where someone is falsely accused of a crime? You think that everyone that is accused of stealing is guilty? "Why would anyone accuse him if he didn't do it" is home video logic. It suggests that you have no idea how things work in the real world.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 1:03am On Dec 10, 2011
rhymz:

evil brain stop reducing the debate to saying Nigerians support it because of their religious beliefs and all that alien talk. Every decision that people take is informed by these factors, that is the fact. I am not a religious goon myself but I am in total support of the bill. If they choose to pound eachother fron behind, that is their own cup of tea so long as they keep it privated and closet. The minutes they start asking for recognition, representations, marrige rights, redefinition of the marriage institution and promoting their life style to target young impreesionable kids then there is need to tell them their limitations, simple!

Its the other side that keeps on bringing up religion not me. Am I supposed to keep quiet when they are using the same arguments as the sharia proponents to justify an unconstitutional bill?

Also, the gäys didn't ask for any rights or recognition. Nobody ever saw any Nigerian gays carrying placards until they were forced out of the closet to protest this horrible bill. The religious people fired the first shot in this battle. How can you blame people for asking the government to leave then alone in peace?
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Iolo(m): 1:06am On Dec 10, 2011
You seem angry. Makes me wonder if you are man-lover or you have loved ones who are.

Are you aware that a version of this bill was drafted by the FEC of OBJs regime? It cudnt get passed before the end of 6th NASS. Are you aware that the bill wasn't sponsored to the house by David Mark?

And trust me if there were a strong enough opposition to the bill (from Nigerians), the bill won't have passed so easily.

If you were a senator in support of this bill, what other talking points would you have besides coming from a religious angle?

Mention an association that promotes Prostitution?

In what way does the constitution guarantee Freedom of Expression to Prostitutes? As a lawyer does your intelligence note this as a possible means to geTting ur prostitue client freed! That's a big NO.
Do you know anyone who was born man-lover? They all learn it or are exposed to it @ some point. Besides all that I'm not against Gayism, my personal opinion is that having them get marriage spoils what we others in the majority know as marriage.

I think some aspects of this bill are similar to using a mallet to kill a fly, but it's better things are done this way before it gets worse.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Iolo(m): 1:12am On Dec 10, 2011
And since you know how things work in the real world. Have you ever heard or seen that someone had a neighbor arrested on suspicion of being a Prostitute? Since its already illegal.

It doesn't work that way so think again.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 1:21am On Dec 10, 2011
@Iolo

By your reasoning, anyone who protests the mistreatment of midgets must be a midget himself. Makes perfect sense! /sarcasm

If you'd bothered to read beyond the title of this thread, you would have seen that I criticized this bill from six different angles right on the first page. Seven, if you include the minority rights issue I covered on page 2.

And I am fully aware of the history of this bill. Don't think I'm here posting out of ignorance like many people like to do. You, on the other hand, don't seem to know much about pröstitutes. I suggest you volounteer for an HIV/AIDS charity if you want to learn more about the seedier side of life.

Also, I'm not a lawyer. I'll take it as a compliment that you thought I was one.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by emmatok(m): 1:34am On Dec 10, 2011
Evil Brain:

Its the other side that keeps on bringing up religion not me. Am I supposed to keep quiet when they are using the same arguments as the sharia proponents to justify an unconstitutional bill?

Also, the gäys didn't ask for any rights or recognition. Nobody ever saw any Nigerian man-loving-men carrying placards until they were forced out of the closet to protest this horrible bill. The religious people fired the first shot in this battle. How can you blame people for asking the government to leave then alone in peace?

You cannot separate people/state from religion anywhere in Earth.

For your those HOMOs are also fighting for recognition by the Church which is wrong.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by emmatok(m): 1:47am On Dec 10, 2011
angry[b][/b]
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 2:01am On Dec 10, 2011
emmatok:

You cannot separate people/state from religion anywhere in Earth.

Not true.

For your those HOMOs are also fighting for recognition by the Church which is wrong.

Show me one shred of evidence of Nigerian hömos doing this. Proof or GTFO.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by mykali(m): 2:04am On Dec 10, 2011
Evil Brain:

Not true.

Show me one shred of evidence of Nigerian hömos doing this. Proof or GTFO.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816583.0.html

i believe that is what that supposed Pastor is trying to do there.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by ov: 2:46am On Dec 10, 2011
evil brain, its no just about religion yes! ITS ALSO ABOUT MORALS.

I AM SURE YOUR PARENTS DIDNT BRING U UP AS A gay! Neither did their parents nor their great grandfathers.

I reiterate, SHOW us 1 place in the history of the homo sapiens existence where homosexuality has been encouraged before the 18th century and i will keep shut. All wat u are campaigning for is TOTALLY evil by every logical standard. Sex is mainly for procreation. if every man was poking a another guys hole how do u think man will still be in existence.

O boy open ur blind eyes and dont be silly or myopic. If i was in the senate, i wuld have made the punishment DEATH. hanging by the dick. SHIKENA! 10 over 10.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by ov: 2:48am On Dec 10, 2011
I think there should be a limit to freedom and human rights with all the gays all over d place. Honestly, its uncomprhendable how a man will walk past d opposite sex to see his same sex for sex. Gosh.

END TIMESSSSSSSSSS!
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by occam(m): 7:08am On Dec 10, 2011
Great points, Evil Brain! what a name grin I also agree that this reckless bill should never become law.

I'm always amazed at the sheer hypocrisy and double standard of the "selected" and "rigged into power" individuals that lord over Nigeria. I can't utter the word leaders to describe them.

An example of their double standard - They condemn the west as been morally and culturally decadent, yet it's okay for their children to attend schools in the U.S and other western countries or run to hospitals in the west when they have a slight cough. And most galling of all, they travel down with their mistresses, concubines or harems to shop at North American or European malls. Oh yes, buying lingerie in Victoria Secret for girlfriends? no problem

Are this guys real? Well if they believe their kids can be influenced by h0m0sexuals in western universities, then withdraw them. Send a message to the west that they will stop traveling down to Western countries because of cultural and moral decadence.

Who are we fooling? Right now, a Nigerian senator is in a hotel in U.S. or Britain with a 20 something yr old babe keeping him warm. Its winter time now
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by bamto(m): 8:29am On Dec 10, 2011
How do children succumb to ponography, pre-marital sex despite societal pressure against it? The more people openly propagate an ideology, the greater the possibility of increase in membership, and when that happens societal pressure decreases.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by rhymz(m): 8:30am On Dec 10, 2011
occam:

Great points, Evil Brain! what a name grin I also agree that this reckless bill should never become law.

I'm always amazed at the sheer hypocrisy and double standard of the "selected" and "rigged into power" individuals that lord over Nigeria. I can't utter the word leaders to describe them.

An example of their double standard - They condemn the west as been morally and culturally decadent, yet it's okay for their children to attend schools in the U.S and other western countries or run to hospitals in the west when they have a slight cough. And most galling of all, they travel down with their mistresses, concubines or harems to shop at North American or European malls. Oh yes, buying lingerie in Victoria Secret for girlfriends? no problem

Are this guys real? Well if they believe their kids can be influenced by h0m0sexuals in western universities, then withdraw them. Send a message to the west that they will stop traveling down to Western countries because of cultural and moral decadence.

Who are we fooling? Right now, a Nigerian senator is in a hotel in U.S. or Britain with a 20 something yr old babe keeping him warm. Its winter time now

what exactly is the point you are trying to make dude? That we should copy both the good, the bad and the ugly from them? Can you please stay in line with the topic of discussiob instead of distracting us with unrelated gibberish and out of nowhere comparisons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram / Buhari Never Made 100 Days Promise To Nigerians – Keyamo / Pictures Of Buhari At The Nuclear Summit In Washington DC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.