Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

How Stupid Is The Iphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Stupid Is The Iphone (9455 Views)

China Has Just Created A Copy Of The Iphone 6s For $ 91 / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone / Samsung Sues Apple Over The Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2011
That's exactly why I'm never gonna buy an iphone. After all the hype, I was disappointed when I had the opportunity to play with a friend's iphone 4, only to learn about the many restrictions. Sotay, even to transfer files through bluetooth to another manufacturer's device is a problem. What nonsense. How come one can't do anything without going through their useless i-store, itunes or any other i-nonsense they have. Not for me. I hate restrictions.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 09, 2011
pro01:

That's exactly why I'm never gonna buy an iphone. After all the hype, I was disappointed when I had the opportunity to play with a friend's iphone 4, only to learn about the many restrictions. Sotay, even to transfer files through bluetooth to another manufacturer's device is a problem. What nonsense. How come one can't do anything without going through their useless i-store, itunes or any other i-nonsense they have. Not for me. I hate restrictions.
if you cant afford to buy one,that is your cup of garri.You are restricted because you want to.How will your friend know that there a bluetooth application called ''celeste'' if he keeps giving his iphone to paupers like you ?
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by ritux: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

if you cant afford to buy one,that is your cup of garri.You are restricted because you want to.How will your friend know that there a bluetooth application called ''celeste'' if he keeps giving his iphone to paupers like you ?

mr or mrs sharrrrrrap. what do you know about iphone and apple products. if you have used any of their products most xpecially the phone and macbook, you should know that they are restricted to a certain level.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by alleno: 11:45am On Dec 09, 2011
Normally, i would not do this but i would like to respond to some , ***

~Bluetooth, if you had been patient enough to read, you would realize the post is not about achieving a complex task! Otondo!
27naira, Don't even know what to say to you, , but as we need balance in this world, am guessing we have to make do with a few illiterates.

To all the other post, thanks for the recommendations, will look into them,
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Have you eaten this week? Only prolonged hunger can cause such unprovoked belligerence. I'm sure you would be happy to chew a basketful of Apple(s) in your present condition.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 09, 2011
ritux:

mr or mrs sharrrrrrap. what do you know about iphone and apple products. if you have used any of their products most xpecially the phone and macbook, you should know that they are restricted to a certain level.
Stop bragging here.I currently own an iphone and ipad,so there nothing you want to tell me about apple restrictions.Give your phone to tech gurus to love-vendor it for you else you might just be under-utilizing the potentials of your phone.
pro01:

Have you eaten this week? Only prolonged hunger can cause such unprovoked belligerence. I'm sure you would be happy to chew a basketful of Apple(s) in your present condition.
Wait till you can afford to buy one before yarning rubbish.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by ritux: 12:12pm On Dec 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Stop bragging here.I currently own an iphone and ipad,so there nothing you want to tell me about apple restrictions.Give your phone to tech gurus to love-vendor it for you else you might just be under-utilizing the potentials of your phone.Wait till you can afford to buy one before yarning rubbish.

Mr or Mrs or Miss Blueteeth.

Please get your dictionary and check the meaning of RESTRICTION. no need for hard copy dictionary use ur i-whatever to check the meaning and then come back and tell me.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Kambinachi(f): 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

i will voltron for apple products any day. but i will also call a spade a spade. apple has many restrictions and it seems like they didn't think of a whole plethora of circumstances when designing the phone. if the phone was good, it should be sufficient by itself to do what other phones do without the assistance of a foreign application

PS: people are entitled to their opinions. pro01 is entitled to his, just as you are. there should be mutual recognition of this, and you should not have to refer to him as a pauper just because his ideas differ from yours. let us try and separate tangibles from intangibles in life.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by sulad82i(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2011
ritux:

Mr or Mrs or Miss Blueteeth.

Please get your dictionary and check the meaning of RESTRICTION. no need for hard copy dictionary use your i-whatever to check the meaning and then come back and tell me.

Maybe you need that dictionary too. It will Bros useful for you to get the correct spelling of RESTRICTION. or your iPhone should have auto-correct that. lipsrsealed
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
Kambinachi:

i will voltron for apple products any day. but i will also call a spade a spade. apple has many restrictions and it seems like they didn't think of a whole plethora of circumstances when designing the phone. if the phone was good, it should be sufficient by itself to do what other phones do without the assistance of a foreign application

PS: people are entitled to their opinions. pro01 is entitled to his, just as you are. there should be mutual recognition of this, and you should not have to refer to him as a pauper just because his ideas differ from yours. let us try and separate tangibles from intangibles in life.
You mean opinion from some that cant even afford one but decide to move with the general opinions he saw on the internet about iPhone ? What i can tell you is that the so called restrictions can be remedy from itunes,applestore,cydia and even third party applications ! All you need is to be informed instead of talking trash about what you dont know.how can i accept opinion of someone that doesnt know that an iPhone bluetooth application already exist yet he keeps spreading lies that iPhone doesnt have bluetooth.Like I said,owing an iPhone also involves being to use it !
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by humblebee: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2011
27naira:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I tire oh. Person go buy made-in-china "Iphune" come here dey complain grin

you don't sound wise at all, if u dont av a solution to his problem, you can simply move on, y allow your fingers rule over ur brain
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by abt(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2011
@OP Just Hop on the Android train. With their 4.0 ICS around the corner you won't be disappointed, grin grin grin
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2011
[size=5pt]peeps in. decides not to mind his own business.[/size]

@ bluetooth, u do realise that there is a difference in the core functionality of a device and having to go the extra mile to extend it?

the apple ecosystem is the most enclosed system by default in the world.  to the average newbie or even long term user in a world where things like bluetooth file sharing and music transfer is sine qua non it IS unnerving.

and as a long term user of non-mainstream tech products, i will tell u straight up that nobody wants to have to jump through hoops to do on their new product, what they could do with ease on the platform from which they are coming from.   try converting a windows noob to linux and see what im talking about.

and YES it is wrong, and stupid to have to jailbreak, install all manner of underG apps and support piracy and what nots just to transfer a goddamn mp3 via bluetooth.
every other fone, even blackberries with their absolutely awful bluetooth functions does that.  without the piracy community and the hackers all you fanboys could not use the Iphone, especially all u nairaland iphone owners.   the one thing u all excel at and learn is how to circumvent apple's restrictions.
yet here u are bitching on someone who is saying it as it is.

that  said, the OP and even the chap u exchanging words with never said anything to warrant your outburst, we understand u are a FANBOY,  but thats no reason to be uncouth.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2011
How silly is the i-Phone?
\Fucking silly,

To understand how silly a product is, observe its fans.

Bluetooth's foolishly placing an emphasis on price. Like say na price we go chop.

The truth's the Iphone has a lot of restrictions, just like all other Apple products. That has been their way of doing things. It's never been about protecting Artists, blah, blah, blah.

@Poster: I'd advise you to switch to an android, preferably Galaxy S2. Wonderful phone, I tell you.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by manosteel(m): 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
@aldotun, Bros I'm ready to fix the problem, so how we go do am now? For the guys that talked about china, mind you that over 70% of Iphone and other smart phones in the market are COUPLED in China, note the word, not MADE in China but don't ask me the difference, and they are not cheap like the usual China products we are used to. Even the ones that claimed to be coupled in UK or somewhere else, be careful to check the battery or the inside, you won't be surprised to see the hand of China.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by iice(f): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2011
Nice read.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by felix4real: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2011
I do not see any reason for argument and bickering here. Iphone is restricted and that's Apple's selling point, Android phones are open and thats it's selling point as well. The whole idea of restrictions by Apple has protected it (largely) from viruses and malware while Android phones a constantly plagued by malwares while hamper productivity.

@Op: if you want to sync your iphone with another computer, right-click on your device on itunes and say transfer purchases to computer. The iphone then automatically transfers all the apps on the device to the pc, you can then sync your iphone with the particular device and have your apps stored in that computer.

Agreed that Apple devices are restricted, but that is the beauty of the devices as all exploits and the ability to maximise the potentials of the device is what makes it unique and an enjoyable device to own. As an Iphone 4 owner myself, i cannot compare its performance with any other as i am yet to handle a phone that performs as much (The games are fantastic, the apps are mind-blowing and the audio and video quality is superb). Get to know your Apple device better and you will confess that it's second to none. Truly.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2011
felix4real:

I do not see any reason for argument and bickering here. Iphone is restricted and that's Apple's selling point, Android phones are open and thats it's selling point as well. The whole idea of restrictions by Apple has protected it (largely) from viruses and malware while Android phones a constantly plagued by malwares while hamper productivity.

@Op: if you want to sync your iphone with another computer, right-click on your device on itunes and say transfer purchases to computer. The iphone then automatically transfers all the apps on the device to the pc, you can then sync your iphone with the particular device and have your apps stored in that computer.

Agreed that Apple devices are restricted, but that is the beauty of the devices as all exploits and the ability to maximise the potentials of the device is what makes it unique and an enjoyable device to own. As an Iphone 4 owner myself, i cannot compare its performance with any other as i am yet to handle a phone that performs as much (The games are fantastic, the apps are mind-blowing and the audio and video quality is superb). Get to know your Apple device better and you will confess that it's second to none. Truly.
That's the root of the problem. you are yet to handle another phone, Galaxy S 2 murders Iphone 4 on all fronts.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
pro01:

that is a copyright issue?
if everyone has to copy files from one phone to theirs, won't it defeat the purpose of setting up a store?
i don't see how this is an issue? the restrictions are welcome - why must you transfer music files from one device to another device(not designed by apple)? think about it - it does not make economic sense to apple.

apple have their many flaws but the restrictions is not one of them.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by felix4real: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2011

That's the root of the problem. you are yet to handle another phone,  Galaxy S 2 murders Iphone 4 on all fronts.

If you argue that Galaxy S2 is faster than an Iphone 4 i might be obliged to agree with you, but in terms of overall performance, considering other factors such as VGA quality (far higher than that of all current android devices in the market including the Galaxy S2. you can confirm by comparing both phone specs online) apps integration and performance including games and productivity apps and network integration (Wifi and 3G), an iphone is first among equals. I am not even going to mention the Iphone 4S because its A5 Processor ranks as the fastest single core chipset powering a mobile phone extant today. Please note that i am neither an Apple device dealer neither am i a fanatic. I am just trying to make an objective argument based on my usage of smartphones.

I have used various smartphones on the planet across various brands including Nokia, Blackberryy, Sony-Ericcson, LG and Samsung (I own an LG Optimus 3D and i can boastfully say i am among the first Nigerians to use the Nokia 7650 in 2002. i got it only 4 days after it was launched; a phone which revolutionised smartphone development in today's tech world) but i tell you since i got my iphone, i have not played my PS3 as the quality of the games on my phone keeps me glued to it even when i'm at work. It has also become my portable movie theatre as the audio and video experience is great. The Galaxy S2 is also a fantastic phone but in all-round performance, i thoink the Iphone 4 edges it out.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by donugapi(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2011
You all can say what you want, its crap, its good, blah blah, Is it by accident that they have the largest share in the world's smartphone market, or they overtook exxonmobil as the world's biggest company (even though it was for a short time)

About the apps, its the OP's fault, Whenever you download straight to ur phone, upon connecting to your pc, it asks you to transfer the purchases and you can copy to other computers or other apple devices from there,

Its not rocket science and it's either you love it or you don't.

I've met people that aren't tech saavy that use their apple products without stress even when switching computers,

It's really not that hard but if you're not a patient person, maybe their products are not for you
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2011
felix4real:

If you argue that Galaxy S2 is faster than an Iphone 4 i might be obliged to agree with you, but in terms of overall performance, considering other factors such as VGA quality (far higher than that of all current android devices in the market including the Galaxy S2. you can confirm by comparing both phone specs online) apps integration and performance including games and productivity apps and network integration (Wifi and 3G), an iphone is first among equals. I am not even going to mention the Iphone 4S because its A5 Processor ranks as the fastest single core chipset powering a mobile phone extant today. Please note that i am neither an Apple device dealer neither am i a fanatic. I am just trying to make an objective argument based on my usage of smartphones.

I have used various smartphones on the planet across various brands including Nokia, Blackberryy, Sony-Ericcson, LG and Samsung (I own an LG Optimus 3D and i can boastfully say i am among the first Nigerians to use the Nokia 7650 in 2002. i got it only 4 days after it was launched; a phone which revolutionised smartphone development in today's tech world) but i tell you since i got my iphone, i have not played my PS3 as the quality of the games on my phone keeps me glued to it even when i'm at work. It has also become my portable movie theatre as the audio and video experience is great. The Galaxy S2 is also a fantastic phone but in all-round performance, i thoink the Iphone 4 edges it out.

you don't need to preach to that charlatan called muskeeto. i sorted him out here weeks ago(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-774977.224.html#msg9630968)

i have schooled him enough on the mediocre galaxy s2 but he just loves typing cos of the colour of his prints.
how can anyone compare iphone 4s to galaxy s2?

siri's integration alone is a milestone. . . . . .it won't be replicated by any phone manufacturer for the next 6 yrs(at least).
in terms of performance, iphone 4s is the best handheld device on the planet.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

that is a copyright issue?
if everyone has to copy files from one phone to theirs, won't it defeat the purpose of setting up a store?
i don't see how this is an issue? the restrictions are welcome - why must you transfer music files from one device to another device(not designed by apple)? think about it - it does not make economic sense to apple.

apple have their many flaws but the restrictions is not one of them.

You make it seem like ordinary phone users like me are bothered about whatt makes business sense to Apple, or about its rather needless interest in copyright protection. As for me, I've mostly used Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones (Symbian and Android respectively) over the last 6 years or so. Currently, I'm using a Nokia E7. I'm used to being able to send and receive any kind of file to and from any friend or acquaintance if necessary. Not to mention being able to choose any sound I like as my ringtone. Yeah, transferring say a Tuface song from my phone to another might qualify as a 'copyright' or 'piracy' issue, but then that is a discussion for another day. Theres also the ability to download thousands of third party apps without having to go through Noika's Ovi store. The flexibility and freedom that Symbian and Android permit is hugely important to some of us. Apple's iphone might have a great os and terrific hardware, but the ridiculous restrictions are unbearable for tsome of us.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
pro01:

[b]You make it seem like ordinary phone users like me are bothered about whatt makes business sense to Apple, or about its rather needless interest in copyright protection. [/b]As for me, I've mostly used Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones (Symbian and Android respectively) over the last 6 years or so. Currently, I'm using a Nokia E7. I'm used to being able to send and receive any kind of file to and from any friend or acquaintance if necessary. Not to mention being able to choose any sound I like as my ringtone. Yeah, transferring say a Tuface song from my phone to another might qualify as a 'copyright' or 'piracy' issue, but then that is a discussion for another day. Theres also the ability to download thousands of third party apps without having to go through Noika's Ovi store. The flexibility and freedom that Symbian and Android permit is hugely important to some of us. Apple's iphone might have a great os and terrific hardware, but the ridiculous restrictions are unbearable for tsome of us.

this is because the itunes store sells authentic albums of musicians in soft-copies. they pay various rights to music companies to sell these albums, songs, videos, movies, etc. if they don't apply restrictions - people would just copy songs from each other and 2face would become broke all of a sudden. however, we don't want that.

as for the apps, there's an app store of apple that pretty much takes care of whatever app you might fancy. their product - their rules.
that some of us are looking for cheap means to acquire files does not make apple silly. if you want to send/receive any ringtone to/from a friend, buy the particular file on itunes store and gift it to him. grin
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2011
As usual, I find myself called upon to save people who are fooled by pretty ads.

felix4real:

The usual foundations of winning an Iphone 4 vs S2 argument, graphics (VGA quality). You even mention the A5 as a single core chipset, when the S2 runs a dual core chipset. What exactly do you mean by apps and network integration? You simply can't compare the Iphone4 to the S2, that's why Apple made the 4S.

Interesting to note you've used a wide range of handsets, so you're quite savvy about phone gadgets. I just wonder if you've tried out the S2. The S2 has a very good audio and video experience too.

coogar:

you don't need to preach to that charlatan called muskeeto. i sorted him out here weeks ago(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-774977.224.html#msg9630968)

i have schooled him enough on the mediocre galaxy s2 but he just loves typing cos of the colour of his prints.
how can anyone compare iphone 4s to galaxy s2?

siri's integration alone is a milestone. . . . . .it won't be replicated by any phone manufacturer for the next 6 yrs(at least).
in terms of performance, iphone 4s is the best handheld device on the planet.
mY nairaLand troll, why choose to expose your lunacy on this thread?

Beautiful quotes by coogar from the thread
* Life was difficult for him without Siri. Now he can find his way to the toilet in the morning.

coogar:

i listen to more than 1000 songs everyday. . . . .so your galaxy can feck off the webspace. google music store cannot rival itunes that has a store in more than 120 countries. google store will not have fela's album or eedris abdulkareem. so itunes reign supreme in that.

phone as thin? horseshit. are you down with stroke you cannot lift a fone weighing less than 500g or what.
wide screen is shyte too and your color display is nonsense. siri beats these things. i can ask my fone to tell me how silly you are and it would answer me. can you ask your phone how moronic you are? i didn't think so.

you homoerotic nuisance!

coogar:

what's the difference between 5Mbps and 4.89Mbps? the human perception won't even notice this difference in speed?
you really know nothing about computer technology. if you need 2Mbps to send a file. do you think the processor with 5Mbps will do it faster than the other one? since both devices have more speed than the task required, you wouldn't notice this differences.
galaxy trumps siri? performance?
do you know the meaning of performance?

coogar:

if the graphics are wack, i don't even want to touch it.
i am about quality not the speed you cannot even notice. apple is just few seconds slower - not like it's 2 hours slower.

coogar:

you need high end graphics for gaming! this is why it's gaming!
bringing what you do on your desktop/television into phone devices. if the graphics are wack, the streaming is wack.

coogar:

yes, the galaxy has more speed but the iphone 4s' graphics chip is significantly better than the galaxy's which means apple deliver better gaming and video streaming.

Had to do some major editing to save you all from his bullshit,
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

this is because the itunes store sells authentic albums of musicians in soft-copies. they pay various rights to music companies to sell these albums, songs, videos, movies, etc. if they don't apply restrictions - people would just copy songs from each other and 2face would become broke all of a sudden. however, we don't want that.

as for the apps, there's an app store of apple that pretty much takes care of whatever app you might fancy. their product - their rules.
that some of us are looking for cheap means to acquire files does not make apple silly. if you want to send/receive any ringtone to/from a friend, buy the particular file on itunes store and gift it to him. grin

Major idiot. So what about other Apple products? Incomprehensible idiot. Always switching legs like a schoolgirl playing oga,
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2011
musKeeto:

Major . So what about other Apple products? Incomprehensible . Always switching legs like a schoolgirl playing oga,

what about other apple products doing what?

even after 4 weeks of me schooling you, you are still as confused as a bat.
if i am thinking what you are thinking. . . .i.e. transferring files between different apple products, then you are a stark illiterate cos iCloud has pretty much solved that problem.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
Lmao, so one needs an internet connection to transferr files,

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LrViaPq7M[/flash]
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by texazzpete(m): 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2011
The OP is so freaking dumb, I can't stop laughing.

By all means, move to WP7, it's a nice OS. Still, you cannot copy music over from your PC to the Phone without syncing with the Zune client. So no respite from synchronization there grin
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2011
texazzpete:

The OP is so freaking dumb, I can't stop laughing.

By all means, move to WP7, it's a nice OS. Still, you cannot copy music over from your PC to the Phone without syncing with the Zune client. So no respite from synchronization there grin

Lol. mediamonkey does synchronization for all devices,
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2011
musKeeto:

Lmao, so one needs an internet connection to transferr files,

yes, especially when the media receiving them are miles apart.
it means you can download a music file in lagos, and you would get a copy on your system in abuja.
if you think bluetooth technology can do that, then you are a consummate simpleton - you homoerotic nuisance!
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

yes, especially when the media receiving them are miles apart.
it means you can download a music file in lagos, and you would get a copy on your system in abuja.
if you think bluetooth technology can do that, then you are a consummate simpleton - you homoerotic nuisance!
Talk about wearing shoes before socks, hahahahahaaa,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For Those Who Changed Their Android Fonts Screenshots / How To See Who Viewed Your Whatsapp Profile / Has Anyone Noticed This Weird Things On His/her Phone? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.