Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,158 members, 7,842,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

How Stupid Is The Iphone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Stupid Is The Iphone (9460 Views)

China Has Just Created A Copy Of The Iphone 6s For $ 91 / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone / Samsung Sues Apple Over The Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by texazzpete(m): 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2011
4llerbuntu:

[size=5pt]peeps in. decides not to mind his own business.[/size]

@ bluetooth, u do realise that there is a difference in the core functionality of a device and having to go the extra mile to extend it?

the apple ecosystem is the most enclosed system by default in the world.  to the average newbie or even long term user in a world where things like bluetooth file sharing and music transfer is sine qua non it IS unnerving.

and as a long term user of non-mainstream tech products, i will tell u straight up that nobody wants to have to jump through hoops to do on their new product, what they could do with ease on the platform from which they are coming from.   try converting a windows noob to linux and see what im talking about.

and YES it is wrong, and silly to have to jailbreak, install all manner of underG apps and support piracy and what nots just to transfer a goddamn mp3 via bluetooth.
every other fone, even blackberries with their absolutely awful bluetooth functions does that.  without the piracy community and the hackers all you fanboys could not use the Iphone, especially all u nairaland iphone owners.   the one thing u all excel at and learn is how to circumvent apple's restrictions.
yet here u are bitching on someone who is saying it as it is.

that  said, the OP and even the chap u exchanging words with never said anything to warrant your outburst, we understand u are a FANBOY,  but thats no reason to be uncouth.

Maybe most of us don't really care about bluetooth file transfer?
The last time i really really was into bluetooth file transfer (music, ringtones and photos), I was still in University and the year was still 2003.

What people like you will NEVER understand is that lots of us can see the big picture. It's all about the user experience. It's all very well for someone to ramble on about 'closed ecosystem' and 'walled garden' but at the end of the day it boils down to what the user experience is all about.

At this moment I can whip out Street Fighter 4 or Football manager 2012 on my iOS devices. They don't exist on Android. No amount of 'openness' will put them there. Developers prefer iOS, there are lots more apps on iOS.

There are always pros and cons to everything. Having to sync to copy stuff is still annoying as hell. But on the plus side, you get a smooth, well supported OS with great hardware and the most vibrant app store selection of all the platforms.

By your definition the PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, 3DS etc are all 'walled gardens' and 'closed ecosystems', are totally evil and must be avoided. Good luck with that grin
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2011
WP7, from frypan to fire. Guy if u wan the best go for an Android phone mhen, And done even jailbreak cos I did it with my Boss' phone and i enter kasala, so, just dump am at a good price while u can and go for android
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 11:01pm On Dec 09, 2011
texazzpete:

At this moment I can whip out Street Fighter 4 or Football manager 2012 on my iOS devices. They don't exist on Android. No amount of 'openness' will put them there. Developers prefer iOS, there are lots more apps on iOS.

you should try fifa12 on the iphone - it's pure sex.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by kingsilly(m): 11:08pm On Dec 09, 2011
Ios is way over oda 4ones dont disturb urself, if itz nt iphone it can be iphone, andriod r way 2 pathetic, mosquito jion the winning team
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by denzel2009: 11:08pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

Apple fan boys go sit down not everyone is a into games. wink
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2011
denzel2009:

Apple fan boys go sit down not everyone is a into games. wink

you should try the i-message on i-phone, it's pure sex too.
when addresses get ported into siri-uk. . . .i would plead with siri to find you a sexy nigerian girl. grin
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by kingsilly(m): 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

smiley wink sick game bro, the game is ovakiling, tyter than a p**sy
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by kingsilly(m): 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2011
Can anandriod 4one an app ova 800mb, i doubt
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by denzel2009: 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

you should try the i-message on i-phone, it's pure sex too.
when addresses get ported into siri-uk. . . .i would plead with siri to find you a sexy nigerian girl. grin
stop having sex with i-phone.

seriously, its all about ux and apple is dishing it out. but i still cant stand iphone.

they have succeeded in getting people less aware of their surroundings. on the tube, everybody is glued to their toys.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by kingsilly(m): 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2011
denzel2009:

stop Being Intimate with i-phone.

seriously, its all about ux and apple is dishing it out. but i still cant stand iphone.

they have succeeded in getting people less aware of their surroundings. on the tube, everybody is glued to their toys.
Guy park well,
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 11:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
denzel2009:

stop Being Intimate with i-phone.

you are not scoring chics on the tube like you used to, huh? grin
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by denzel2009: 11:38pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

you are not scoring chics on the tube like you used to, huh? grin
how did you know grin

they are always engrossed with their stupidd iphones and ipads. to make eye contact herculean task. dem wan make bedroom gladiator become a wankster. cheesy
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2011
denzel2009:

how did you know grin

they are always engrossed with their stupidd iphones and ipads. to make eye contact herculean task. dem wan make bedroom gladiator become a wankster. cheesy

it's easy, buy the i-phone.
approach one of them and tell her you need her to teach you how to xyz on your new device. it's a good start.
when she's done teaching you how to - collect her number to start i-messaging!
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:20am On Dec 10, 2011
@ tex, the thing is this: i dont know about iphone users in jand or yankee, i dont know about the few, hopefully including u, nigerians who can actually afford to use an iphone normally, BUT a large number of our wannabe fanboys cannot afford to buy 3 apps on their iphone!!!.

i see this mentality replicated everywhere and its annoying. go to the gaming section and see them flame and go on and on about their beloved ps3 and xbox. people who rely on pirated cd from alaba. how many of them have ever or will ever buy a 60 dollar game cd?

ditto with this una iphone. of all the wanksters on NL, how many could or would ever buy infinity blade or fifa 12?
u jailbreak, install cydia, look for cracked dumps and pirated stuff all over, then come here to crow about the fone. when u dont even know or experience what the ecosystem truly is like at all,

most if not all of ya dont even stay in the walled garden, yet u tell people the garden is the best ever.

cos if u noticed, nobody is complaining that the fone is bad, or hardware is wack or performance poor. the complaint was about everyday useability from the perspective of a noob. once he joins the bandwagon naw and jailbreaks etc, he too will start singing the same tune
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 10, 2011
4llerbuntu:

@ tex, the thing is this: i dont know about iphone users in jand or yankee, i dont know about the few, hopefully including u, nigerians who can actually afford to use an iphone normally, BUT a large number of our wannabe fanboys cannot afford to buy 3 apps on their iphone!!!.

i see this mentality replicated everywhere and its annoying. go to the gaming section and see them flame and go on and on about their beloved ps3 and xbox. people who rely on pirated cd from alaba. how many of them have ever or will ever buy a 60 dollar game cd?

ditto with this una iphone. of all the wanksters on NL, how many could or would ever buy infinity blade or fifa 12?
u jailbreak, install cydia, look for cracked dumps and pirated stuff all over, then come here to crow about the fone. when u dont even know or experience what the ecosystem truly is like at all,

most if not all of ya dont even stay in the walled garden, yet u tell people the garden is the best ever.

cos if u noticed, nobody is complaining that the fone is bad, or hardware is wack or performance poor. the complaint was about everyday useability from the perspective of a noob. once he joins the bandwagon naw and jailbreaks etc, he too will start singing the same tune

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Dishing out the spicy truth, a second helping wouldn't do much wrong,

Why APPLE wins to these suckers: GRAPHICS & SIRI
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by DAVE5(m): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2011
@op:have u used iphone pc suite,how come i dont complain of all these,if u feel restricted on ur i-device get it jailbroken & feel the groove,pimpin,swag,fun etc
apple till somtin bera coms
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Suntemi(m): 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2011
D.A.V.E:

@op:have u used iphone pc suite,how come i dont complain of all these,if u feel restricted on your i-device get it jailbroken & feel the groove,pimpin,swag,fun etc
apple till somtin bera coms
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by blackx: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2011
Hi NL. i just got an offer to buy an iphone 3g. the price is very reasonable so i'm tempted. bt considering the fact the phone model has been discontinued and it can't pgrade to ios5, i'm wondering if it would be a good buy.
please i need advice. whats the downside of getting an iphone 3g, can i get good apps to run on it, ?
would appreciate all input. TY
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by coogar: 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2011
blackx:

Hi NL. i just got an offer to buy an iphone 3g. the price is very reasonable so i'm tempted. bt considering the fact the phone model has been discontinued and it can't pgrade to ios5, i'm wondering if it would be a good buy.
please i need advice. whats the downside of getting an iphone 3g, can i get good apps to run on it, ?

i-phone 3g or 3gs. if it's 3g, don't buy it.
it's useless. even if you manage to put.

the 3g runs as slow as a snail on anything higher than 4.0
it is meant to work at best performance with ios 3.1.3 - going higher than that would make the phone unusable.
40 secs to load camera, 35 secs to snap the pic. grin
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
blackx:

Do not waste your cash. Coogar has said it all.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by texazzpete(m): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
4llerbuntu:

I actually buy a lot of my apps, trust me. At this moment, I have $30 in my itunes account. I bought FIFA 12 for about $7.

Secondly, as far as 'usability' is concerned, the iPhone wins hands down over Android OS. Don't mistake 'using your music library as a ringtone' with UI intuitiveness. They don't mean the same thing. There's a reason why the iPhone sells far more than any other phone out there.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by texazzpete(m): 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2011
musKeeto:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Dishing out the spicy truth, a second helping wouldn't do much wrong,

Why APPLE wins to these suckers: GRAPHICS & SIRI

The numbers don't lie; the category with the most turnover on the App Store and the Android Market is the 'Games' category. Stop whining just because the iPhone 4S (and iPad 2) have better GPUs than any Android phone ever made.

Anyway, just in case you were inebriated while you were reading my previous post, I mentioned games like Football Manager that aren't on Android. That has nothing to do with 'graphics' and everything to do with second rate developer support. Apple wins to 'suckers' like me because they have a better app ecosystem at the moment.

Here's a challenge I usually hand out to Android specs freaks. You folks always crow on and on about CPU clock speeds. Can you name just 2 apps that really need (or make use of ) all that horsepower you're always crowing about apart from games?
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by Umarjob: 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2011
Its the best ever invented phone. Iphone is the number one.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by aieromon(m): 8:39pm On Dec 11, 2011
Hey I-fans,I really don't know why you guys are getting all worked up for.Nobody has come out to say the Iphone is the worst smartphone out there(in terms of performance and efficiency).I'll take every criticism outlined as a compliment.I'm not comfortable with the intensity of RESTRICTION associated with Apple products and will never use them for that reason.99% of us share this view and the remaining 1% are well,just haters.

Apple has simply set the standard for others to follow and anybody that can use its products without getting worked up about the restriction issues should be commended.Aren't you glad whenever you hear ''Iphone killer'' or ''Ipad killer''?
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by belushi7: 12:23am On Dec 12, 2011
We don't all have get worked up and start calling ourselves names over a simple argument. The OP says "how silly is the iPhone ". Lets keep it within those walls. We all agree iPhone (ESP from the iphone4 up) represent beautiful deviCes that function well. Ones the buyer is ready to accommodate the restrictions. No problem. That was probably one thing the OP wasn't prepared for when she got the phone and now getting her upset. Just offer her the way around getting the task she wanted done and we all go in peace.

I have sgs2 while I got the iphone4 for wifie. Both devices have their pros and cons. But for my needs, I will rather the sgs2 over the iphone4. That doesn't make the iphone4 less in anyway. Just my preference.
Re: How Stupid Is The Iphone by texazzpete(m): 6:27am On Dec 12, 2011
I don't see anyone here getting 'all worked up' over this discussion. Certainly not me! I also have not called anyone 'names'. all I have done is to put my arguments on the table in a precise, logical manner.

This sudden influx of 'peacemakers' worries me grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gionee Phones Vs Xiaomi Phones / Is There Something Wrong With Etisalat 200 Customer Care Number. / Airtel #50 For 1.5gb Is Real See This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.