Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? (4355 Views)

What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. / I Witnessed A Ghastly Motor Accident / Moderators: Abuse Of Power And Privilege (politics Section). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by freecocoa(f): 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2011
odiaero:

I think is time to hit u hard physically, so u will know that i know u, and not everybody u can talk to like that online
please on the day you finally decide to do the hitting,please let me know,I'll love to participate by giving him a hard kick on the balls.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2011
odiaero:

I think is time to hit u hard physically, so u will know that i know u, and not everybody u can talk to like that online
I'm pissing on my body cuz odero is coming after me. . . . . . .i'm waiting for you i.e if you dont get ****** before you get to me.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Bolarge1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2011
SO YOU ALL MISSED THE TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE THAT OCCURRED IN SOME PART OF NIGERIA ON THE 26TH MARCH, 2006.

I WATCHED IT LIFE IN SHAKI IN OYO STATE WITNESSED BY THEN THE GOVERNOR OF OYO STATE THEN ALAHAJI AKALA.

Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by DidiLove1: 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

You are very stuupid for picking on me.it says part of history i witnessed and i said something.stop barking like a hungry dog.Na me do you ?

CASH

[b]C[/b]heap
[b]A[/b]ttention
[b]S[/b]eeking
[b]H[/b]omo'sex'ual
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2011
My list include;

1. Witnessing the death of Ojukwu Odimegwu.

2. Witnessing the death of Sani Abacha.

3. Witnessing the death of Saddam Hussien

4. Witnessing the death of Maumar Ghadaffi.

5. Witnessing the independence of South Africa and Southern Sudan.

6. Witness Nigeria come from 3 - 1 down to win Brazil 4 -3 and eventually the Olympics in 1999

7. Witness Nigeria's transition from military to civilian rule

8. Witness Nigerians start using Mobile phones and ATM cards (No be God)

9. Witnessed Americas first black President.

10. Witnessed Nigeria become a Terrorist state (no thanks to Abdulmutallab and the Boko boys, not forgeting MEND and other wanna be militant groups)

11. Witnessed Nigeria get its first President from a minority group (Goodluck Jonathan) cool

12. Witnessed the second plane fly into the world trade center live on T.V

Omo historic events wey I witness too plenty jor!
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Emmyk(m): 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2011
A new Century.
First BlackPresident.
And lots more
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by DrummaBoy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2011
The rise and fall of the PDP!
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by sicily4u: 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
witnessed Nigerian - Biafra civil war
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by ChScott(m): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2011
The death of people in Aso Rock: Abacha, Yar'Adua, Stella Obasanjo etc.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by chloride6: 6:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
lagcity:

I witnessed Anyim Pius Anyim monopolizing and eating all the Cassava bread meant for President Jonathan and the entire cabinet.

GOD THIS OUGHT TO BE JOKELAND NOT NAIRALAND.LWKMD
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by tonyx4x44(m): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
Also
Artificial fuel scarcity
2 English teams left after uefa group stage
50Naira garri cannot make eba for one
Finally Nigeria want jack Bauer for 1 year loan to solve boko haram crisis
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by tonyx4x44(m): 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2011
Also
Artificial fuel scarcity
2 English teams left after uefa group stage
50Naira garri cannot make eba for one
Finally Nigeria want jack Bauer for 1 year loan to solve boko haram crisis
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by JamesDoe: 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2011
I witnessed Haileys Comet!
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by atakiti(m): 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by freepeople: 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2011
1. Witnessed 1/2 kobo, 1kobo, 5kobo, 10kobo, 25kobo, 50kobo note, 1naira note, 5naira note, 10naira note, 20naira note(highest denomination).

2. Witnessed when single-barreled dane gun and baton was the statutory weapon of the police.

3. Witnessed when the poorest can afford 3 square meal per day.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by JamesDoe: 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2011
10 kobo could get you a handful of sweets and N1 was enough for Suya, coca cola, sweets and change!
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by ochukoccna: 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2011
*Dele Giwa's death
*Overthrow of Shagari
*Argie win over Germany to lift the '86 World Cup finals(lost a bet of 10 kobo with my junior brother)
*Redomination of Naira with 20 naira been the highest denomination.
*Operation DesertStorm
*Fill in the rest,
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by ochukoccna: 10:57pm On Dec 09, 2011
I also recall buying 5 naira suya in the 80's. Fapped the money from my pa and got beaten like mad. The suya was SO MUCH I had to call help from siblings to help finish it. This proved to be my undoing as I had blank stares when they squealed to my pa I gave them suya. Try sharing 5 naira suya today.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by hoodboy(m): 7:54am On Dec 10, 2011
The night Nigeria beat brazil in 1996 Atalta Olympics. The joy and jubilation on my street and in fact the entire lagos. Don't think the country has ever been as united as that night
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 10, 2011
THE DAY BIAFRA LEFT GOD-FORBIDDING NIGERIA!!!!! cool
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Intrepid1(m): 9:47am On Dec 10, 2011
The day when NEPA gave us light for 24 hours straight!

1 Like

Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by alextywo(m): 9:49am On Dec 10, 2011
Ikeja cantoment bomb blast 27 Jan. 2002
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 10, 2011
Nationwide protests over annulment of JUNE 12 election
death of kaddhafi
death of abacha
death of bola ige
obama as being 1st black president of USA
death of saddham Hussein
assassination attempt on dora akunyili
OBJ thrown in jail
solar eclipse in 2006
tsunami in dec 2005
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by mulumele(m): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2011
I also recall buying 5 naira suya in the 80's. Fapped the money from my pa and got beaten like mad. The suya was SO MUCH I had to call help from siblings to help finish it. This proved to be my undoing as I had blank stares when they squealed to my pa I gave them suya. Try sharing 5 naira suya today.

This is classic. I feel you.lol
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by elampiro(m): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2011
After almost three decades of his pontif, John Paul II died and it was like for some days the catholic world came to a halt. The events that followed appeared to me as the greatest I have witnessed yet. The burial ceremony and the enthroment of a new Pope.

1 Like

Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Babamide(m): 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2011
db10dtruth:

First Black Pres in Barack
Death of Osama
Getting to know THAT guy Call José Mário dos Santos Félix Mourinho
Ousting of Mubarak
Painful death of Gadaffi
Chelsea wining their FIRST league under Jose and 1st double under Carlo
Real Madrid making history as the team that played the group stage of UCL without defeat
Watching Messi, C. Ronaldo, Neymar, Cesc do their stuffs.oh geez Ronaldinho, Zidane, Fat Ronaldo, Deco, Xavi, Ryan Giggs, Scholes, the Drog, , Ballotelli grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Watch Barca dominant both Spanish & European competitions

Just to name a few grin grin
what would your world be like without football?
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 12, 2011
All of una dey privilege to witness bad bad things, na wa o.
Anyway, i am prifiledged to have witnessed the death of the last winch in my family lineage, :p
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by wowo2: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2011
OBJ rough-handled at OAU, Ife around the time he was campaigning or about to campaign for his 1st term
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by zoomzu(f): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2011
When our First Lady donated her family on behalf of N20 million naira, shocked

1 Like

Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by gulfer: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2011
Witnessed a man who stole N125 only shot to death / burnt in some instances sent to prison while Billions naira robbers get away with a slap on the wrist. History for our future generation o a depraved society.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by gulfer: 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2011
Witnessed a man who stole N125 only shot to death / burnt in some instances sent to prison while Billions of naira robbers get away with a slap on the wrist. History for our future generation o a depraved society.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by josh24(m): 1:55am On Sep 21, 2012
hmmmm. Ooooo. Hemm... Stilll thinking....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Real Story About 400level Student Of Bowen That Impregnated His Vc’s Wife / What Does Nairaland Mean To You? / 15 Terrifying Urban Legends Actually True? [warning:scary Images]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.