Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach (5603 Views)

Photo Of A Baby Shot In The Stomach During Last Sunday's Attack In Plateau / Kano PDP Primaries: Takia Wins As Abacha’s Son Withdraws / Breaking!!! Jonathan And Abacha's Son In A Close-Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2011
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/portfolio/profile.php?id=sen.abubakarbagudu

SEN.BAGUDU ABUBAKAR ATIKU

Senator, 7th National Assembly (2011-2015)

Date of Birth:  1961-12-28
Marital Status:  Married
Political Party:  Peoples Democratic Party
State: Kebbi
Senatorial District:  Kebbi Central
Date of Assumption:  2011-05-29
Seat Up Date: 2015-05-29
senatecontact@nass.gov.ng     
Share  Education:      BSc (Economics), Msc (Economics), M.A. (International Affairs)

Awards & Honours:   

Previous Elected Office:   

Legistlative Experience:   

Electorate Map Kebbi State     

Committee(s) Membership: Interior (Chairman)
Education
Foreign Affairs
MDGs
Rules and Business

Previous Appointments:  Chairman, Phil NUGENT Nigeria Ltd. 2004 - December 2005

Legistlative Interest(s) 

Target Achievement(s)
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Sagamite(m): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

http://www.nassnig.org/nass/portfolio/profile.php?id=sen.abubakarbagudu

SEN.BAGUDU ABUBAKAR ATIKU

Senator, 7th National Assembly (2011-2015)

Date of Birth:  1961-12-28
Marital Status:  Married
Political Party:  Peoples Democratic Party
State: Kebbi
Senatorial District:  Kebbi Central
Date of Assumption:  2011-05-29
Seat Up Date: 2015-05-29
senatecontact@nass.gov.ng     
Share  Education:      BSc (Economics), Msc (Economics), M.A. (International Affairs)

Awards & Honours:   

Previous Elected Office:   

Legistlative Experience:   

Electorate Map Kebbi State     

Committee(s) Membership: Interior (Chairman)
Education
Foreign Affairs
MDGs
Rules and Business

Previous Appointments:  Chairman, Phil NUGENT Nigeria Ltd. 2004 - December 2005

Legistlative Interest(s) 

Target Achievement(s)   

Where is the VIDEO! Mooron!

You are producing data from unknown and unreliable websites like the cretin I always said you are?

You want to tell me Nigerian government knows about website security? The CIA cannot hack in NASS website and put his details as PDP to confuse PDP members? Or Tinubu cannot bribe the NASS IT staff with his loot from Lagos to change it to PDP to complete his agenda of infiltrating the PDP? Fooooool! grin
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2011
You left out "cretin" that time!

there may be hope for you yet smiley
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Sagamite(m): 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

You left out "cretin" that time!

there may be hope for you yet smiley

Cretin, video please.

Prove he is a PDP senator.
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2011
[size=18pt]18th November 1993 - The New York Times
General Sani Abacha Ousts Interim President Shonekan and assumes power.[/size]

LAGOS, Nigeria, Nov. 17— The interim President of Nigeria, Ernest Shonekan, was forced out today by the Defense Minister, who has a long history of involvement in the country's political turmoil.

Government television announced the ouster by Gen. Sani Abacha, 50, who has been considered to be the real power behind the Government.

The ouster of Mr. Shonekan was the result of a meeting of military leaders last week to discuss the country's political turmoil, according to a Western diplomat who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The most recent turmoil began after the previous President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, voided a presidential election that was to end a decade of military rule. He resigned under pressure on Aug. 26 and named Mr. Shonekan, an ally, as his successor. But General Abacha, a prominent figure in the coup that ended the civilian Government in 1983 and in the rise to power of General Babangida two years later, was believed by many to be behind General Babangida's resignation as well, an act that led to widespread dissension in the military.

Mr. Shonekan, a former business executive and ally of General Babangida, was widely perceived as a puppet of General Abacha. .

Today's action is the latest twist in the most turbulent period in Nigerian history since the 1967 civil war that resulted in the short-lived breakaway nation of Biafra and led to the death of about a million people.

Nigeria, which achieved independence from Britain 33 years ago, is in the midst of a general strike called by major unions and pro-democracy groups to protest Mr. Shonekan's decision to raise fuel prices sevenfold.

[flash=800,900]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhG3OU8FZZk?version=3[/flash]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.192.html
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Sagamite(m): 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2011
^^^You are a cretin!

Is that Bagudu? grin
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

[size=18pt]18th November 1993 - The New York Times
General Sani Abacha Ousts Interim President Shonekan and assumes power.[/size]

LAGOS, Nigeria, Nov. 17— The interim President of Nigeria, Ernest Shonekan, was forced out today by the Defense Minister, who has a long history of involvement in the country's political turmoil.

Government television announced the ouster by Gen. Sani Abacha, 50, who has been considered to be the real power behind the Government.

The ouster of Mr. Shonekan was the result of a meeting of military leaders last week to discuss the country's political turmoil, according to a Western diplomat who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The most recent turmoil began after the previous President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, voided a presidential election that was to end a decade of military rule. He resigned under pressure on Aug. 26 and named Mr. Shonekan, an ally, as his successor. But General Abacha, a prominent figure in the coup that ended the civilian Government in 1983 and in the rise to power of General Babangida two years later, was believed by many to be behind General Babangida's resignation as well, an act that led to widespread dissension in the military.

Mr. Shonekan, a former business executive and ally of General Babangida, was widely perceived as a puppet of General Abacha. .

Today's action is the latest twist in the most turbulent period in Nigerian history since the 1967 civil war that resulted in the short-lived breakaway nation of Biafra and led to the death of about a million people.

Nigeria, which achieved independence from Britain 33 years ago, is in the midst of a general strike called by major unions and pro-democracy groups to protest Mr. Shonekan's decision to raise fuel prices sevenfold.

[flash=800,900]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhG3OU8FZZk?version=3[/flash]

everything is hereby dissolved.
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2011
Lets go back down memory lane - to the good old days

when we still had a national airline

N22 bout you $1

We told IMF / World bank to go home

More news stories from Abacha era to follow. smiley
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Olisa74(m): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2011
My fellow Nigerians, we are the architects of our own misfortune. Abacha is dead and gone. Why squabble over the past, when as we speak corrupt politicians are still looting our country? Speak against those that are still alive and looting, we can at least hold them to account. Or are we a nation of cowards and ass lickers waiting for the present crop of corrupt politician to pass on , before we start to demand justice and accountability?
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2011
^ I agree, it is up to youths to do what their counterparts in Egypt are doing and demand a decent government, waiting for the government to improve by itself is unlikely to occur within our lifetime.

History and the correct version of history is very important.

You cannot learn from your history if you have been lied to about your history.
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Olisa74(m): 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

^ I agree, it is up to youths to do what their counterparts in Egypt are doing and demand a decent government, waiting for the government to improve by itself is unlikely to occur within our lifetime.

History and the correct version of history is very important.

You cannot learn from your history if you have been lied to about your history.

Nigerians are not ready to hear the truth. Trying to convince them is futile. There are a lot of lies that have circulated about both Abacha and Babangida. I believe that our very irresponsible brand of journalism is partly to blame. Nigerians love gossip, our journalists encourage gossip, after some time the gossip translates to truth.
Our past is our past, we cannot change it. We can change our future by acting on the present. My fellow Nigerians please let us all wake up.
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by hispy99(m): 10:58pm On Dec 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

You seem to have difficulty assimilating information.

First off, I said I doubted Abacha looted from Nigeria, doubted being the operative word here.

Do not forget he also had adventures in  Sierra Leone and Liberia and may well have been handsomely personally rewarded for his intervention in the diamond rich country.

I said that even though it was reported that money was recovered from foreign banks, allegedly from a bank account belonging to Abacha, Obasanjo has not been able to demonstrate to Nigeria where this recovered money is.

There can be a number of reasons for this;

1) There was not any money recovered and press were delibrately fed with information that Foreign bank refunded the money.

2) The money was planted in the foreign account by Babangida, to add credence to their plot to frame Abacha, hence reason why money was never paid into treasury coffers.

3)The money was recovered  but looted straight away

I think that scenario 1) is very probable as it is clear that Babangida /Obasanjo had set out to frame Abacha, otherwise they should not have had any reason  to probe the  one of the best performing  governments (economically) in nigeria's histo

Some questions for you to ponder:
Why was it that when Swiss legal team came to Nigeria to collect evidence about the money that Obasanjo was saying Abacha had looted , nobody turned up to meet them and they had to return to Switzerland after 2days of waiting.

So he used Nigeria's resources, money, army, navy, airforce to intervene in Sierra Leone and Liberia and yet he might have been personally handsomely rewarded? Did he use his own personal money to execute the war? 

Obsasanjo should physically show you the dollars abi?  The swiss govt that said they returned money was speaking rubbish?  You were the one that planted the money on behalf of IBB? 

You are a joke.
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by hispy99(m): 11:00pm On Dec 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

@Sagamite,
Do you want me to explain it to you in your native language? As you are having difficulty understanding what I have already told u several times angry

I am suggesting Obasanjo and IBB probably colluded with Swiss Banks (Not the Swiss government).

Again you continue to avoid the questions I put to you:

What was the justification for probing Abacha's for embezzlement in the first place, it were not to scapegoat him?

Why is there no  physical evidence  of the loot supposedly recovered?

LoL! Man you have not failed to deliver  grin cheesy grin

What is your evidence for this collusion? your imagination does not constitute evidence. what physical evidence are you looking for? They should take you to CBN vault to see the $?
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by hispy99(m): 11:07pm On Dec 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

Y[b]ou are just being abusive because you have no reasoned argument to put forward.[/b]

I ask you again what do know about the court  case?

What evidence do you have Abacha family were represented in court, other than information passed to the press by same Obasanjo and Swiss bankers?

Do you realise that most of Nigeria's news media is owned by Obasanjo or IBB?

let me guess your response:

You are going to write FOOOL, CRETIN, MOORON RIGHT? smiley

What reasoned argument have you put forth? og i forgot, "IBB and OBJ colluded to plant the loot in a fake Abacha account". I guess that's a very good reason grin
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by hispy99(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

I dey Laf   grin cheesy grin
You are improving - you left out "foool"  grin

Where is the video Sagamite asked for? You don't have it?
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 14, 2011
@Olisa74,
thanks friend, I agree.

To be fair most people here are in their twentys and only really remember Abacha as portrayed by the dishonest and criminal PDP government /Obasanjo/IBB. They have been indoctrinated their entire adulthood, with lies and deceit about Nigeria and Abacha role in our history.

Journalism in Nigeria are owned by the corrupt elite and have been used to deceive the masses and keep us in check.

You are right we cannot change our past, but it is important we learn the correct version of history so that we do not repeat past mistakes going forward in the future.

Nigerians really do need to wake up from our coma, before we get buried for ever.
Olisa74:

Nigerians are not ready to hear the truth. Trying to convince them is futile. There are a lot of lies that have circulated about both Abacha and Babangida. I believe that our very irresponsible brand of journalism is partly to blame. Nigerians love gossip, our journalists encourage gossip, after some time the gossip translates to truth.
Our past is our past, we cannot change it. We can change our future by acting on the present. My fellow Nigerians please let us all wake up.
Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 14, 2011
November 17, 1993
[size=18pt]Maiden Speech of General Sani Abacha[/size]

Fellow Nigerians, sequel to the resignation of the former Head of the Interim National Government and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Chief Ernest Shonekan and my subsequent appointment as Head of State and Commander-in-Chief, I have had extensive consultations within the armed forces hierarchy and other well meaning Nigerians in a bid to find solutions to the various political, economic and social problems which have engulfed our beloved country, and which have made life most difficult to the ordinary citizen of this nation.

Chief Ernest Shonekan took over as Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces at a most trying time in the history of the country. Politically, economically, and socially, there were lots of uncertainties. Things appeared bleak and the atmosphere was heavy with uncertainties. However, driven by a belief in himself, his countrymen, and love for his country, he accepted to face the challenges of our time. I will, therefore, like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to him for his selfless service to the nation. He showed great courage at taking on the daunting task of heading the Interim National Government and even greater courage to know when to leave.

Many have expressed fears about the apparent return of the military. Many have talked about the concern of the international community. However, under the present circumstances the survival of our beloved country is far above any other consideration. Nigeria is the only country we have. We must, therefore, solve our problems ourselves. We must lay a very solid foundation for the growth of democracy. We should avoid any ad hoc or temporary solutions. The problems must be addressed firmly, objectively, decisively and with all sincerity of purpose. Consequently, the following decisions come into immediate effect:

The Interim National Government is hereby dissolved.
The National and State Assemblies are also dissolved.
The State Executive Councils are dissolved. The Brigade Commanders are to take over from the Governors in their States until Administrators are appointed. Where there are no Brigade Commanders, the Commissioners of Police in the State are to take over.
All Local Governments stand dissolved. The Directors of Personnel are to take over the administration of the Local Governments until Administrators are appointed.
All former Secretaries to Federal Ministries are to hand over to their Directors-General until Ministers are appointed.

The two political parties are hereby dissolved.
All processions, political meetings and associations of any type in any part of the country are hereby banned.
Any consultative committee by whatever name called is hereby proscribed.
Decree 61 of 1993 is hereby abrogated.
A Provisional Ruling Council (PRC), is hereby established. It will comprise:

The Head of State, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the federal Republic of Nigeria as Chairman.
The Chief of General Staff as Vice-Chairman
The Honourable Minister of Defence
The Chief of Defence Staff
The Service Chiefs
The Inspector General of Police
The Attorney General and Minister of Justice
The Internal Affairs Minister
The Foreign Affairs Minister
Also, a Federal Executive Council will be put in place.

Our security system will be enhanced to ensure that lives of citizens, property of individuals are protected and preserved. Drug trafficking and other economic crimes such as 419 must be tackled and eliminated. On the current strike throughout the nation following the increase in the price of fuel, I appeal to all the trade unions to return to work immediately. We cannot afford further dislocation and destruction of our economy. On the closed media houses, government is hereby lifting the order of proscription with immediate effect. We, however, appeal to the media houses that in this spirit of national reconciliation, we should show more restraint and build a united and peaceful Nigeria.

Fellow Nigerians, the events of the past months, starting from the annulment of the June 12 presidential election, culminating in the appointment of the former Head of State, Chief Ernest Shonekan, who unfortunately resigned yesterday, are well known to you. The economic downturn has undoubtedly been aggravated by the ongoing political crisis.

We require well thought-out and permanent solutions to these problems if we are to emerge stronger for them. Consequently, a constitutional conference with full constituent powers will be established soon to determine the future constitutional structure of Nigeria. The constitutional conference will also recommend the method of forming parties, which will lead to the ultimate recognition of political parties formed by the people. While the conference is on, the reorganisation and reform of the following major institutions will be carried out:

The Military
The Police
The Customs
The Judiciary
NITEL
NNPC
NEPA
The Banking Industry
Higher Educational Institutions
This regime will be firm, humane, and decisive. We will not condone nor tolerate any act of indiscipline. Any attempt to test our will be decisively dealt with. For the International Community, we ask that you suspend judgment while we grapple with the onerous task of nation building, reconciliation and repairs. This government is a child of necessity with a strong determination to restore peace and stability to our country and on these foundations, enthrone a lasting and true democracy. Give us the chance to solve our problems in our own ways.

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Re: Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach by Sagamite(m): 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2011
hispy99:

What is your evidence for this collusion?  your imagination does not constitute evidence.  what physical evidence are you looking for?  They should take you to CBN vault to see the $? 

I have been saying it for some few months now that the guy is a cretin, now everyone is just realising. He is being slaughtered for his idiocy here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-823498.0.html

Puff puff pass.

Only Honerico1 sees sense in whatever he says. The same source for weed consumption.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Cuts Visit To Attend Collapsed Building Victims / Sex On Movie Location: Alexx Ekubo And Adunni Ade Nabbed Making Love / May Your Enemies Be Confused As This Two Chelsea Defenders (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.