Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country (2160 Views)

What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country / Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK / Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by ready2give(m): 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2011
why is most Nigerians are deported from foreign countries?
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by justwise(m): 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2011
ready2give:

Maybe they committed crime?
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by WAVixen: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2011
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by paniki(m): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2011
ready2give:

Because they don't have the right to be in those foreign countries. That should be obvious
Birth right will be the basic right
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by llbhuds: 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ justwise
I think some topics shouldnt be allowed to stay here for more than 5mins
can u just imagine dis kind of thread, even d most foolish man in my village will know d answer to dis Q asked by the poster
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by 27naira(m): 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2011
^^ grin

the topic tire me oh
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by dalebutt1: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2011
llbhuds, I didnt want to be the first to comment about the absurdity of the question, complete nonsense
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by 25omega(m): 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2011
llbhuds:

@ justwise
I think some topics shouldnt be allowed to stay here for more than 5mins
can u just imagine dis kind of thread, even d most foolish man in my village will know d answer to dis Q asked by the poster
grin grin grin

poster there are a couple of reasons why Nigerians get deported from foreign countries
1. they over stayed their visa
2. they committed a crime
3. they got legal papers through illegal means and the govt found out
4. the woman or man who filed for them got mad and reported them to the govt with lies
etc
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by ready2give(m): 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2011
thank you jare 25omega for your answers.Guys don't ever believe that everything is known to everybody no matter the simplicity of the question if you know the answer please give and another question is can it be prevented?
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by dalebutt1: 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2011
@ READY2GIVE, thanks for your light hearted response, and i apologise for myself and onbehalf of other posters that has made mockery of your post, the fact is it was funny but nonetheless i will try and give my opinion.

Deportation of Nigerians cannot be prevented but it can be reduced, only if the goverments would make Nigeria liveable for the inhabitant, create jobs, make available opportunities for the youths, stable power supply, regular pipe borne water, fight against corruption and looting of public funds, fight against boko haram, good and trust worthy policing, good roads.

You know if this things were readily available in Nigeria it will attract investors and there-by making the country investable. so when Nigerians secure a visa to go to any country they would not be desperate to stay in those countries and those reasons listed above by 25omega would sure be reduced.

I hope you can have a bit of an idea
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2011
dalebutt1:

@ READY2GIVE, thanks for your light hearted response, and i apologise on behalf of other posters that has made mockery of your post, the fact is it was funny but nonetheless i will try and give my opinion.

Deportation of Nigerians cannot be prevented but it can be reduced, only if the goverments would make Nigeria liveable for the inhabitant, create jobs, make available opportunities for the youths, stable power supply, regular pipe borne water, fight against corruption and looting of public funds, fight against boko haram, good and trust worthy policing, good roads.

You know if this things were readily available in Nigeria it will attract investors and there-by making the country investable. so when Nigerians secure a visa to go to any country they would not be desperate to stay in those countries and those reasons listed above by 25omega would sure be reduced.

I disagree with you, deportation can be prevented if Nigerians respect home country immigration rules, Nigerians with resident permit commit crime , a criminal is a criminal, there are criminals in the UK ,US and other developed countries even with their govt providing some if not all the things you listed above.

Some Nigerian deportees are rapist, that got nothing to do with economy.
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by dalebutt1: 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2011
JW, you are talking from the perspective of the minority, majority of Nigerians in westerm countries are convicted of mostly immigration crimes, millions of Nigerians have overstayed their visas from world go, is that not a crime in itself? and why would majority want to overstay their visa if Nigeria was deemed liveable for them?

why would Nigerians do all sort of criminal activity to get documented? why wont they come go back to Nigeria if indeed home is good. Circumstances would sometimes push a good person to commit crimes, and thats why in the UK and most EU countries they have sentencing reports prior to verdict to know what has pushed the individual into the crime and to determine what sort of sentence they will get.
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by dalebutt1: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2011
you need to also understand every Nigerian travelling abroad cannot simply possess good attitude thats why we are all human beings, this year a report showed the number of eu citizens in the UK Prisons, Irish citizens in UK prison was totalling morethan 2000, same as dutch, french, germans. if western europeans can commit non-immigration related crimes in thier drove aw much more people from impoverished nigeria

surprisingly, the eastern europeans top the list having more criminals than the western europeans in UK Prisons with poland, though being central europe topping the list with over 6 thousand criminals in UK prison, followed by romanians and lithuanians. Dutch citizens just around 500 plus.

of course just a fraction of these eastern europeans were expelled due to their membership in the EU, now my stand is this, you see the better the economy the less the crime, economic situation of Nigeria is a big factor contributing to her citizens crime in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.

If you go to german prison as well you'd see british prisoners.
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by iice(f): 4:55am On Dec 15, 2011
dalebutt1:

The government is made up of?
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by ready2give(m): 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2011
Don't you think its necessary for any would-be traveler to have the knowledge about the laws and guidelines that can help him in that country
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by alfablondy: 8:49am On Dec 19, 2011
ready2give:

Don't you think its necessary for any would-be traveler to have the knowledge about the laws and guidelines that can help him in that country

Most Nigerians dont bother getting adequate and genuine information about their would be host countries, they just want to travel out and believe they can always sort themselves out once they get there. If they have the necessary info some of them will not have even travel in the first place.
Re: Deportation Of Nigerian In Foreign Country by wanaj0: 9:12am On Dec 20, 2011
Guess the people in government came from the MOON. Few years ago GEJ was part of ASUU going on strike.

It's easy to assume that it is poverty that make people to take to crime. Most times it is due to greed and wrong values and we have that in large number in Nigeria!

iice:

The government is made up of?

dalebutt1:

@ READY2GIVE, thanks for your light hearted response, and i apologise for myself and onbehalf of other posters that has made mockery of your post, the fact is it was funny but nonetheless i will try and give my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria International Passport Enquiry / . / Africa Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.