Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York (1800 Views)

Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Letters Written Two Hundred Yrs Ago By Euro-jewish Rabbis Addressed To The Igbos / Letters Written Two Hundred Yrs Ago By Euro-jewish Rabbis Addressed To The Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Afam(m): 7:24am On Sep 29, 2007
Why is the western media usually silent on issues they don't fancy?

With all the media craze over comments made by the president of Iran one would have thought that any contact between
President Ahmadinejad and the Jews would have been news.

If the Jews clearly dissociate themselves from Zionism what does it mean for some Nigerians like Davidylan, I-man and TayoD?

These 3 Nigerians have been up in arms with anyone that does not agree with their positions sometimes based on childishness and sometimes based on complete distortion of facts and shameless manipulation of history.

Another thing that is common with the 3 of them is that at one time or the other on this forum they have been exposed for using multiple identities, trademark of scammers.

Davidylan was exposed for using PTH which he dumped after his usual and many blunders.

4play was exposed for using I-man which he has decided to stick with.

TayoD is currently using Tayo-D.

Where are they switching user IDs on a public discussion forum? Are these guys real or are they scam artistes?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

President Ahmadinejad meets Jewish rabbis in New York

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Monday afternoon met with a group of Jewish rabbis who gave him a silver grail as a sign of friendship.

The president is currently in New York to address the United Nations General Assembly.

The rabbis carried a placard which read, "I am Jewish not a Zionist."
A senior rabbi of the group said that they considered the visit to New York of President Ahmadinejad as an exceptional opportunity and would never forget it.

He referred to the Iranian president as a person who made a distinction between Jews and Zionists.

"You understand us and make a distinction between the violent behavior of Zionists and the religious beliefs of Jews," said the senior rabbi who called President Ahmadinejad "a pious man who is seeking to restore peace in the world and has humanitarian plans." Appreciating the rabbis for their gift, President Ahmadinejad said he was happy to visit them.

"All people in the world have now understood that Judaism is different from Zionism," said the president.

He added, "Zionists are a political group looking for taking advantage of the opportunities while Jews are the followers of the Moses who promoted peace and friendship."
President Ahmadinejad stressed that there was no disagreement between the followers of Judaism, Christianity and Islam as they all pray the same God and are brothers.

The president said the future belongs to the monotheist faiths and that liars would be eliminated.

He stressed that all followers of divine faiths were responsible to promote monotheism and defend peace, justice and brotherhood.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-24/0709254788113546.htm
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by presido1: 9:51am On Sep 29, 2007
Are u presenting a topic or discussing multiple names used by some banned NL members.

Yes its true that Ahmadinejad said something about the termination of the jewish race but he never used Chemical weapon as churchill did in early 1920s but till today he is still a national hero.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Orikinla(m): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2007
Afam:

Why is the western media usually silent on issues they don't fancy?

With all the media craze over comments made by the president of Iran one would have thought that any contact between
President Ahmadinejad and the Jews would have been news.

If the Jews clearly dissociate themselves from Zionism what does it mean for some Nigerians like Davidylan, I-man and TayoD?

These 3 Nigerians have been up in arms with anyone that does not agree with their positions sometimes based on childishness and sometimes based on complete distortion of facts and shameless manipulation of history.

Another thing that is common with the 3 of them is that at one time or the other on this forum they have been exposed for using multiple identities, trademark of scammers.

Davidylan was exposed for using PTH which he dumped after his usual and many blunders.

4play was exposed for using I-man which he has decided to stick with.

TayoD is currently using Tayo-D.

Where are they switching user IDs on a public discussion forum? Are these guys real or are they scam artistes?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

President Ahmadinejad meets Jewish rabbis in New York

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Monday afternoon met with a group of Jewish rabbis who gave him a silver grail as a sign of friendship.

The president is currently in New York to address the United Nations General Assembly.

The rabbis carried a placard which read, "I am Jewish not a Zionist."
A senior rabbi of the group said that they considered the visit to New York of President Ahmadinejad as an exceptional opportunity and would never forget it.

He referred to the Iranian president as a person who made a distinction between Jews and Zionists.

"You understand us and make a distinction between the violent behavior of Zionists and the religious beliefs of Jews," said the senior rabbi who called President Ahmadinejad "a pious man who is seeking to restore peace in the world and has humanitarian plans." Appreciating the rabbis for their gift, President Ahmadinejad said he was happy to visit them.

"All people in the world have now understood that Judaism is different from Zionism," said the president.

He added, "Zionists are a political group looking for taking advantage of the opportunities while Jews are the followers of the Moses who promoted peace and friendship."
President Ahmadinejad stressed that there was no disagreement between the followers of Judaism, Christianity and Islam as they all pray the same God and are brothers.

The president said the future belongs to the monotheist faiths and that liars would be eliminated.

He stressed that all followers of divine faiths were responsible to promote monotheism and defend peace, justice and brotherhood.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-24/0709254788113546.htm

I am glad to discuss serious issues with more enlightened members of Nairaland.

presido1:

Are u presenting a topic or discussing multiple names used by some banned Nairaland members.

Yes its true that Ahmadinejad said something about the termination of the jewish race but he never used Chemical weapon as churchill did in early 1920s but till today he is still a national hero.

Presido1 and Afam,

There are many people on Nairaland whose motives are twisted and have no rationale in their stream of consciousness. And some of them think having an American location is a qualification for superior intelligence. But for someone who started working for one of the best universities and organizations and the UN at an age when they were likely sitting for the SAT and TOEFL, I can simply walk over their heads. Because their poor knowledge of history is as clear as a bright Saturday morning on Bonny Island.

As Afam noted, anyone having double or triple IDs on Nairaland is either a con-artist or a scammer cum spammer. Because, I have seen them at work all over the boards.

President Ahmadinejad is more educated, civilized and informed than them.
There are bona fide Iranian Jews in Iran and as we all know that Arabs and Jews share a common history.

I am not giving thumbs up to President Ahmadinejad for hating the state of Israel and I am also not giving thumbs up to President Bush for making an already bad situation in Iraq to become worse than ever before.

The ignorant posters have accepted the white lies of the white history books and never knew when the Western Imperialists massacred Arabs and Africans they termed uncivilized.
And they dragged us into their foolish World Wars 1 AND 2.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Afam(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2007
Orikinla:

As Afam noted, anyone having double or triple IDs on Nairaland is either a con-artist or a scammer come spammer. Because, I have seen them at work all over the boards.

How can one use multiple user IDs on a forum and claim not to be a scam artiste.

If you must use a discussion forum then it makes sense to abide by any laid down rules. Using a forum is not compulsory so I fail to understand why someone that was banned (assuming that was the reasons anyway) would turn around and register another name and pretend to be a new user until someone somewhere discovers the wayo.

Orikinla:

There are bona fide Iranian Jews in Iran and as we all know that Arabs and Jews share a common history.

I stated sometime that the president is an intelligent man, all you need do is listen to him answer questions, the coherency and logic always make sense but the Western media will do all they can to demonize the man.

I honestly believe that the Americans (US) are the most ill informed people in the world because they are fed information that have been manipulated and twisted to serve the purposes of the people in power and the crazy thing is that some of them believe they are aware of what is going on around them.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2007
Afam:

Exposed? Nah.
Again Presido has asked an important question that has of course escaped the attention of myopic readers, is this topic about NLders using multiple usernames of Ahmedinejad? Please stick to one thing and leave the other.
Its interesting that anytime you are exposed for being very unintelligent and uninformed on other threads, rather than defend urself u prefer to rush create another thread to bash multiple ID users. Are you that clueless?

Orikinla:

I am glad to discuss serious issues with more enlightened members of Nairaland.

lol you mean members who claim that Arabs had nothing to do with Hitler's genocide against the Jews? Including an individual who claims that "palestinians" felt comfortable being refugees in "their own land" for the 19yrs it was in the hands of imperial Egypt and Jordan simply because they did not see them as enemies?

Orikinla:

There are many people on Nairaland whose motives are twisted and have no rationale in their stream of consciousness. And some of them think having an American location is a qualification for superior intelligence. But for someone who started working for one of the best universities and organizations and the UN at an age when they were likely sitting for the SAT and TOEFL, I can simply walk over their heads. Because their poor knowledge of history is as clear as a bright Saturday morning on Bonny Island.

For how long are we going to be treated to ur arrogant rehash of all the 1002 things that you do? If you are this important shldnt you be too busy to bother with us neanderthals on Nairaland?

Orikinla:

As Afam noted, anyone having double or triple IDs on Nairaland is either a con-artist or a scammer come spammer. Because, I have seen them at work all over the boards.

Even Seun himself is not so deluded as to think so.

Orikinla:

The same Ahmedinejad who emphatically claimed there were NO homosexuals in Iran? grin grin Its interesting talking to airbrains on these boards.
How do the arabs and jews share a common history beyond being descendants of Abraham?

Orikinla:

I am not giving thumbs up to President Ahmadinejad for hating the state of Israel and I am also not giving thumbs up to President Bush for making an already bad situation in Iraq to become worse than ever before.

But we dont here hypocrites like you taking him to task over his claim to drive Isreal into the sea. It is better left to the realm of imagination what would happen if Bush declared his intention to drive Iran into the sea.

Orikinla:

The ignorant posters have accepted the white lies of the white history books and never knew when the Western Imperialists massacred Arabs and Africans they termed uncivilized.
And they dragged us into their foolish World Wars 1 AND 2.

Isnt it interesting that the Africans unlike the Arabs are not blowing up their countries, dont produce suicide bombers, are not threatening to drive Isreal into the sea? Where they not "oppressed and massacred" too? Is it the fault of the "western imperialists" that Arab Sudanese have massacred over 2million Darfurians, a fact that is greeted with deafening silence from you hypocrites?
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by jerrymania(m): 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2007
@ Afam

I read your blogs and i must say that your opinions are Dark. You seem like a masochist,sadist and a pessimist. Ahmadinejad has those same attributes, no wonder you are on his side.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Iman3(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2007
@Jerrymania

Afam thinks OBJ is one of the best things that happened to Nigeria,so its not surprising he finds nothing wrong with Ahmadinejad.

He is a dysfunctional person with a perveted mindset.This is a man who wished death on fellow Nairalanders on 2 seperate occasions.

@Afam

What is the point of this thread.Are you so benighted that you can't articulate a position of your own?  grin
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by ochocinco1(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2007
I dont get this Ahmadinejad dude to be honest.

He and Chavez have a lot in common despite their differences in size
especially listening to themselves.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Mariory(m): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2007
While this is cleary another one of those threads that should be put in a shredder, I just want to add that the sect of Jews he meet in the US are the same sect that were in Tehran for the "discussion of the validity of the holocaust" together with white extremists. The same sect that like him (Ahmadinejad) believe Israel should not exist. Enough said really.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by chidichris(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2007
afam,
in your intellegence coupled with your un partner on nairaland, i would want to put it to you that any arrangement of leadership which does not have room for criticism is not government.
clinton the accepted best president of amerca had and accepted criticisms from oppositions and in every governance oposition serves as a watchdog.
it is the oposition that will always keep the government at alert and in every democracy oposition is legal and generally acceptable.
iran does not accept criticism and there is practically no press in iran and if you claim otherwise link me to one. the only existing media in iran is for the government and the masses need not read beyond what the government want them to read.
if you have ever had a one on one discussion with an iranian, that will put you on a different sense of belonging.
i still ask myself why arguing with you when u have refused to see anything wrong in pdp and obj even when obj himself had confess his regrets over his failure to restore electricity within his eight years. we can see fraud and scam all over pdp yet, afam, you claim to be ignorant of this. what is the big deal with the topic of this thread and how do you relate it to the man's statements on holocost and wiping off isreal on the surface of the earth.
have u ever made any comment on the above two comments of your idle. do u want his type as our president and are u also aware nigeria is an impossible place for his type. is it your wish to be an iranian where u will be under your god?
what has and is attracting u the most to the man the whole world have blamed for his madness?
don't you get sick promoting evil? are u of evil afam?
tell us in which areas the iranian president have contributed positively to the welfare of a people apart from sponsoring militants like hamas and hezeboulah which we all know that they are anti gov in palestine and lebanon respectively.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Iman3(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2007
@Chidichris

What you are saying has no impact on Afam,he has the personality to be an Idi Amin if he ever had the opportunity to be a President.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Afam(m): 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2007
jerrymania:

@ Afam

I read your blogs and i must say that your opinions are Dark. You seem like a masochist,sadist and a pessimist. Ahmadinejad has those same attributes, no wonder you are on his side.

That is what it is a personal website, it is a place where personal opinions are written down.

The opinions are not intended to change the way others think.

You see, I have taken time to explain to you what a personal website or blog (as you put it - web log) is because it seems you don't know.

Do you really know the meaning of pessimism or did you hear someone use it somewhere and decided to use it without even understanding the meaning?

NB: I am sure you you enjoy posts based on rumour, gossips or wonder banks, sorry, try my neighbor.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by denex: 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2007
Ahmedinejad is no doubt of greater intelligence than most men. I personally have been researching the population of jews killed by Adolf Hitler and 6 million is absolutely outrageous.

Anyway, in as much as most of you guys are Protestant Christians, you should take time to read the book written by Martin Luther "On the Jews and their Lies".
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by chidichris(m): 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2007
denex,
even mad men in the streets of lagos are more intelegent than most men in that i have no doubt but where i have my doubt is what your martin luther king wrote.
is your problem if jews were killed or if the number is six million.
the intellegent of this man is in no doubt as he was able to say the holocost is a myth so do u agree with that? he has on several occassions called for isreal to be wiped out of the surface of the earth, do u support that? if you support these two major calls, i know you would have additional calls to make, so what are they?
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by denex: 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2007
If you are more intelligent than those your lagos mad men, you would differentiate between Martin Luther King and Martin Luther.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by mrpataki(m): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2007
denex:

Ahmedinejad is no doubt of greater intelligence than most men. I personally have been researching the population of jews killed by Adolf Hitler and 6 million is absolutely outrageous.

Anyway, in as much as most of you guys are Protestant Christians, you should take time to read the book written by Martin Luther "On the Jews and their Lies".

How exactly do you determine the intelligence of a man? Stop making baseless statements that annoy the sanity of common sense and reasoning.

If you indeed having been researching into the population of the Jews killed by Hitler, what is the exact figure

All this over-sabi zealots who parade knowledge yet are totally bereft of what they think they know angry angry
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by denex: 11:20pm On Oct 01, 2007
Accepter of popular beliefs and slogans, please shut up!
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Afam(m): 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2007
denex:

If you are more intelligent than those your lagos mad men, you would differentiate between Martin Luther King and Martin Luther.

You still bother to correct this chidichris of a guy? The best way to handle him is to relax and read some of the nonsense he puts down if time permits because he is full of mistakes and lacks basic understanding of issues. Do not help this man, allow him to continue to make a fool of himself on this forum.

Or, may be he wanted to let you know that he has heard of Martin Luther King before, who knows? This is one thing he has in common with davidylan, the 2 of them don't think before they start writing and they will continue to make mistakes upon mistakes without any reservations whatsoever. And the last thing any of them will do is accept their mistakes, lai lai.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by denex: 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2007
Abeg, the thing tire me.

A majority of christians today are protestant who adhere to the teachings of Martin Luther. If they can accept the Christian teachings of Martin Luther, why can't they heed his warnings about the jews of whom he dedicated and entire book "on the jews and their lies"?
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Iman3(m): 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2007
denex:

Abeg, the thing tire me.
A majority of christians today are protestant who adhere to the teachings of Martin Luther. If they can accept the Christian teachings of Martin Luther, why can't they heed his warnings about the jews of whom he dedicated and entire book "on the jews and their lies"?

Are we to deduce from the above that you may have some sympathy for Luther's writings?
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by denex: 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2007
See question!
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 02, 2007
I-man:

Are we to deduce from the above that you may have some sympathy for Luther's writings?

What does the mendacious oaf know about Luther's writings besides what he has merely heard someone else say? A man who says "majority of christians are protestants" despite the fact that the catholic church is the largest in the world should not be taken seriously.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by iykrion(m): 1:04am On Oct 02, 2007
President Ahmadinejad is no doubt intelligent, because no fool becomes a president. The question therefore, should be: Are his intentions for peace geniune? That he met with some selected Rabbis does not mean that he meant well for the Jews.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 02, 2007
iykrion:

President Ahmadinejad is no doubt intelligent, because no fool becomes a president. The question therefore, should be: Are his intentions for peace geniune? That he met with some selected Rabbis does not mean that he meant well for the Jews.

A man who consistently affirms that his country has NO homosexuals and denies the glaring facts of the holocaust is not intelligent. Yar Adua is Nigerian president not because he is intelligent but out of convenience.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by iykrion(m): 1:15am On Oct 02, 2007
davidylan:

A man who consistently affirms that his country has NO homosexuals and denies the glaring facts of the holocaust is not intelligent. Yar Adua is Nigerian president not because he is intelligent but out of convenience.

Well, if you say so. But I still believe that he is actually intelligent, although he has not told the whole truth about his policies. He might be denying the presence of homosexuals in his country, because it will really do a lot of image defamation for his country if he admits such. Best regards.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 02, 2007
iykrion:

Well, if you say so. But I still believe that he is actually intelligent, although he has not told the whole truth about his policies. He might be denying the presence of homosexuals in his country, because it will really do a lot of image defamation for his country if he admits such. Best regards.

Not everyone who loves to hear himself speak and hogs so much press is intelligent. I ask a simple question: what qualifies ahmadenijad as intelligent?
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Iman3(m): 1:57am On Oct 02, 2007
iykrion:

I think his denial of the existence of homosexuals,which is akin to the denial of the existence of left-handed people,has been incredibly damaging to his image and to a lesser extent,his country.

I agree, at some base level,he is intelligent,otherwise he couldn't have become President.He is certainly not cataclysmically boneheaded but he is no Einstein.I think his political progress owes to a large extent,to his subscription to the Shia fanatical agenda,which subscription requires a certain level of cretinousness(all that drivel about the 12th Imam). I think his intelligence is at the barely functional level.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by iykrion(m): 2:06am On Oct 02, 2007
davidylan:

Not everyone who loves to hear himself speak and hogs so much press is intelligent. I ask a simple question: what qualifies ahmadenijad as intelligent?

Should I consider a man who has been championing the cause of his people, as unintelligent? Well, lots of things make one intelligent, I have seen him speak, especially on the issue of going to war with the U.S, the issue of IAEA, the Jewish question, and lots of other international issues. But, all the same you are entitiled to your own views about Ahmadinejad. It is an issue of two sides of a coin.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 02, 2007
Sometimes i wonder why ignorance is so pervasive in these day and age when knowledge is only a few keyboard strokes away.

iykrion:

Should I consider a man who has been championing the cause of his people, as unintelligent?

Championing what cause? Under Ahmedinejad:
- Secular university lecturers have been sacked.
- Young 18 yr old girls are hanged for committing crimes against chastity.
- Young men are arrested for using gel in their hair while barbing saloons have been closed down for offering western styles.
- Young women are being harrassed in the streets for wearing incomplete hijab.

Thousands of Iranians daily struggle for visas to western countries - and you claim he is championing the cause of his people? Do you know any of these mysterious people? It seems they dont live in Iran.

iykrion:

Well, lots of things make one intelligent, I have seen him speak, especially on the issue of going to war with the US,

Iran is not at war with the US so what would he have to say on a non-issue?

iykrion:

the issue of IAEA,

What did he say beyond reiterating the well worn propaganda that Iran must not be denied her right to nuclear weapons (err sorry energy)?

iykrion:

the Jewish question,

you mean his claims that the holocaust exists only in the imagination of the Jews or that the Jewish nation should be driven into the sea? How intelligent of him! Funny how a non-jew is wasting so much energy discussing the jewish question, is he now a palestinian too?

iykrion:

and lots of other international issues.

Lots of international issues like? Destabilising Iraq, refering to the US as the great satan, crying death to America at friday prayers?

iykrion:

But, all the same you are entitiled to your own views about Ahmadinejad. It is an issue of two sides of a coin.

There are indeed two sides to a coin but there is no substitute for information.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by iykrion(m): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2007
I consider it innocuous to be ignorant of an issue than to be knowledgeable in distorted facts, geared towards selfish interest.

Is the struggle for visas to western countries a peculiar case to the Iranians only? Perhaps, the same crave for emigration by Africans and other non-Iranians are the spill over of the Ahmadinejad unintelligent approach towards issues in far away Iran.

What I mean was the way he answered the question 'if he intends fighting the US', and not that Iran is at war with the US.

You must have heard of the word 'non-alignment'. The U.S has no right to meddle in Iranian internal affairs. He was voted in, he did not become the president by way of coup d'etat. There are laws and decisions making bodies in Iran. You may also want to 'stroke your information keyboard' and avail me of the 'knowledge' as regards where to find the nuclear weapons that took the US and her allies to Iraq.

Oh! I forgot that the US did not destabilize Iraq, also that the US does not have any kind of selfish economic interest in Iraq (like oil, etc) in particular and the middle-east in general, and therefore will stop at nothing in destroying the reputation of her percieved stonewallers. If Iran calls for the death of America a thousand times a day, it is because Iran sees the US as an enemy, afterall America is not the only country in the world. You so much defend the US, pray, tell me, why is the US working on a legislation (NOPEC) to outlaw OPEC? Another kind gesture from the US, or is it otherwise?

I'll agree with you that information has no substitute but on the grounds that, it must not be distorted for the sake of selfish interests.

Let me state here for the purpose of records that, I am not a sympathiser of the Iranian question. I'm only saying that we should look beyond America's surreptious selfish interest. Absolute diplomacy should be encouraged, so as not to spark off another war. This time it might not be only in the Mid-East, it might spread to America, Europe, Asia etc. We must try to avert this imminent World War III, as predicted by Nostradamus.

Finally, the facial reasons for the causes of these problems should not becloud our good senses of judgement. Perhaps a little perusal of 'The Nostradamus Code: World War III', will give an insight into this discourse. The book is authored by Dr. Micheal Rathford and published by Truth Revealed Publishing. cool
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Afam(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2007
@iykrion,

Many thanks for your objective post.
Re: President Ahmadinejad Meets Jewish Rabbis In New York by Iman3(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2007
iykrion:

Is the struggle for visas to western countries a peculiar case to the Iranians only? Perhaps, the same crave for emigration by Africans and other non-Iranians are the spill over of the Ahmadinejad unintelligent approach towards issues in far away Iran.

If the leadership is "championing the cause of the people",why are those same people fleeing to other nations? Why would you flee a nation that champions your cause for one that doesn't?You mentioned Africa,you don't need Einstein to inform you that the leadership in Africa doesn't champion the cause of Africans.

You must have heard of the word 'non-alignment'. The US has no right to meddle in Iranian internal affairs. He was voted in, he did not become the president by way of coup d'etat. There are laws and decisions making bodies in Iran.

Does the US meddle in Iranian internal affairs?The only way I see such meddling is in its calls for human rights to be upheld inside Iran,such calls are not unique to Iran.

This is the same Iran that meddles in the internal affairs of Lebanon,Iraq and Afghanistan.In Lebanon,sponsoring a sectarian militia group that kills Christians and Sunni Muslims.A meddler cannot demand not to be meddled with.

You may call concerns about Iran's nuclear program "meddling in internal affairs" but Iran has international proliferation treaty obligations which it has failed to satisfy.Its treaty obligations are not internal affairs but international affairs.

As for the "election" of Ahmadinejad.This is an election in which the Reformist candidates(who won 70% of the vote in the previous elections)were banned.Imagine having US Presidential elections in which all Democratic candidates are banned.The "election" will be a straightforward contest between one GOP candidate and the other.Would you like elections in Nigeria to be contested by only the PDP?

You may also want to 'stroke your information keyboard' and avail me of the 'knowledge' as regards where to find the nuclear weapons that took the US and her allies to Iraq.
Not even the US claimed that there were nukes in Iraq.

Oh! I forgot that the US did not destabilize Iraq,
Of course Iraq was on oasis of stability,that is why more than 2 million had perished between 1980 and 2003.

also that the US does not have any kind of selfish economic interest in Iraq (like oil, etc) in particular and the middle-east in general, and therefore will stop at nothing in destroying the reputation of her percieved stonewallers.
This is the language of ignorance.Of course,every interested country in that region has selfish interests,including Iran,no one has selfless interests.The question is finding a balance between the selfish interests of the US and that of Iran.Singling out the US for criticism is boneheaded.

Some of the talk about US interests in oil is driven more by ignorance than knowledge.The US does not get to buy oil at a discount from its allies in the region.Iran sells to the West at the same price as Bahrain.

If Iran calls for the death of America a thousand times a day, it is because Iran sees the US as an enemy, afterall America is not the only country in the world.
If Iran admittedly sees the US as an enemy,then the US is justified in seeing Iran as a hostile nation.Is it supposed to turn the other cheek?

You so much defend the US, pray, tell me, why is the US working on a legislation (NOPEC) to outlaw OPEC? Another kind gesture from the US, or is it otherwise?
Is that not the sacred "internal affairs" of the US?How is it your business what legislation they pass,how does that affect OPEC.In reality,the OPEC's biggest customer is the US,no US no OPEC.

Let me state here for the purpose of records that, I am not a sympathiser of the Iranian question. I'm only saying that we should look beyond America's surreptious selfish interest.
You have already made a value judgement of US interests,whereas you described the Iranians as merely "championing their people's causes".Have you thought that such causes may also be surreptitious?

You castigate one side,exculpate the other, and yet you try to convey the impression of objectivity.

This time it might not be only in the Mid-East, it might spread to America, Europe, Asia etc. We must try to avert this imminent World War III, as predicted by Nostradamus.

Even going by Nostradamus' laughable "prophecies",the danger to world peace emanates from a Middle Eastern country not from the US.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa Is Worse Than Nigeria In All Ramifications - / Daily Sun: Yar'adua Recovers, May Return To Office Soon! / Oyo State Gov’s Daughter In Mu*der Scandal!…in Alleged Complication In Ex Lover’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.