Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,740 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986456 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
My wife has been given a 5 year visa already but am yet to put forward my application.
Does it make sense to state 'unemployed'?
will that not reduce my chances?
Vicjustice:
You've asked two questions, one is about your chance; and the other is what to do to avoid your application being refused.
To this I'd say first of all that even your wife's application can not be guaranteed, and by this, I'd say that your chance is extremely low at this stage since you apparently have no serious thing to do in the UK: the only thing that would qualify you for a visa is your relationship, and to meet that qualification, your wife will have to meet the requirements.
To the second question, I'd say, things are easier when done orderly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
drillskillz: My wife has been given a 5 year visa already but am yet to put forward my application.
Does it make sense to state 'unemployed'?
will that not reduce my chances?
If you're applying for a spouse visa, it won't be a problem if you're unemployed provided your wife is financially ok, that she maintains a steady income, that her income exceeds the allowable limit and that she is a habitual resident in the UK.
But knowing that your wife has not yet attained to any of these, I don't see how you can manage to get a visa on the basis of your relationship
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
spouse visa ke!!!!!
Shes on a tier 4 General student visa for PhD sponsored by PTDF.
Is it not dependant visa i should be thinking of applying for?
I just need to be sure that stating 'unemployed' wont pose as a problem.

Vicjustice: If you're applying for a spouse visa, it won't be a problem if you're unemployed provided your wife is employed, that she maintains a steady employment, that her income exceeds the allowable limit and that she is a habitual resident in the UK.
But knowing that your wife has not yet attained to any of these, I don't see how you can manage to get a visa on the basis of your relationship
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
@ drillskillz,
Yes, you are allowed to apply as the spouse of a student studying for 12 months or more or more than 6months on a full govt scholarship.
Your wife apparently falls under both categories. You could even have applied at the same time as her.
I had a good number of colleagues who did this with a high success rate and yes, most of the wives were unemployed and came to stay full time with them. I think your visa will allow you work for a limited time, co they were also all employed mostly in menial jobs around school.You will fill a form for 'dependant of an immigrant on a point based system' or something like that.

As for maintenance fee, if I remember correctly, your wife will need to show an addditional £600 per month you are applying to live there with her, to a maximum of 9 months, meaning if you want to stay till for 6 months she should have £3600, but if your applying for a visa to stay till the end of her PhD, a minimum of £5400 should be in her account, for 28 days before applying. Or a letter from ptdf covering all your expenses, along with hers. If not, start sourcing for the money elsewhere, my friends would borrow around and repay later.

My info may be outdated and incomplete so go and verify the process on the ukba website and ask your wife to find out from her colleagues when she gets there, i'm very sure a few married phd students already schooling would have gone through the process. Just get all your facts right BEFORE you apply.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
Thanks a bunch.
I will do just that.
whytegirl: @ drillskillz,
Yes, you are allowed to apply as the spouse of a student studying for 12 months or more or more than 6months on a full govt scholarship.
Your wife apparently falls under both categories. You could even have applied at the same time as her.
I had a good number of colleagues who did this with a high success rate and yes, most of the wives were unemployed and came to stay full time with them. I think your visa will allow you work for a limited time, co they were also all employed mostly in menial jobs around school.You will fill a form for 'dependant of an immigrant on a point based system' or something like that.

As for maintenance fee, if I remember correctly, your wife will need to show an addditional £600 per month you are applying to live there with her, to a maximum of 9 months, meaning if you want to stay till for 6 months she should have £3600, but if your applying for a visa to stay till the end of her PhD, a minimum of £5400 should be in her account, for 28 days before applying. Or a letter from ptdf covering all your expenses, along with hers. If not, start sourcing for the money elsewhere, my friends would borrow around and repay later.

My info may be outdated and incomplete so go and verify the process on the ukba website and ask your wife to find out from her colleagues when she gets there, i'm very sure a few married phd students already schooling would have gone through the process. Just get all your facts right BEFORE you apply.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tofunmi2: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
Its a pleasure to join d forum.
I applied late for a church conference in uk. 2 weeks b4 d date.
Was hoping my visa would be ready -n 15 days but up till now, more than 6 weeks.
Uk embassy in pretora, south africa has not finalize, say they are conducting checks on my application.

I am worried that I am already behind time.
Please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tofunmi2: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Tofunmi2: Its a pleasure to join d forum.
Was hoping my visa would be ready -n 15 days but up till now, more than 6 weeks.
Uk embassy in pretora, south africa has not finalize, say they are conducting checks on my application.

Please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyinposh27: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
hi house,God bless you all, please am going for a conference/training sponsored by my place of work,pls wat category of visa am i applying for?thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
[size=18pt][/size]PLEASE HOUSE WHERE DO I FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR UK VISSA NEED YOUR HELP[b]PLEASE HOUSE WHERE DO I FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR UK VISSA NEED YOUR HELP[/b]PLEASE HOUSE WHERE DO I FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR UK VISSA NEED YOUR HELP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
kaykad: [size=18pt][/size]PLEASE HOUSE WHERE DO I FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR UK VISSA NEED YOUR HELP[b]PLEASE HOUSE WHERE DO I FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR UK VISSA NEED YOUR HELP[/b]PLEASE HOUSE WHERE DO I FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR UK VISSA NEED YOUR HELP
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Welcome.htm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Tofunmi2: Its a pleasure to join d forum.

Please advice.
Are you still hoping for a positive outcome?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oddy4u: 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
What is the maximum days a visiting visa is been processed after submission
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by brownee06(f): 9:51am On Oct 03, 2013
Hi Guys,

Please how long does a general visa take if you are applying from lagos? Or is it better to apply from Abuja

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tofunmi2: 11:53am On Oct 03, 2013
Hello pple in the house.
I am yet to receive any message from vfs.
After 7 weeks of submission.
When I e-mail them.
They told me "they are conducting local checks on my visa application"

Another time I email and the guy said pls be patient your application is being processed or if u want your passport u can email stating u want to withdraw.

Just imagine!
I need my passport badly!

Pls advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tofunmi2: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
Yes o.
I am positive and also praying but just don't know y mine has taking so long. My friends have taking theirs after 15 working days.
This Uk visa wahala don tire me.

Vicjustice:
Are you still hoping for a positive outcome?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by derommyvent: 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thanks all for all the valid informations been updated on this blog. To God be the glory, i have been given my visa. Trying to get a cheap flight and hotel against november. Dont mind any advise on that. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by brownee06(f): 10:46am On Oct 04, 2013
Hi guys,

I will be going for my graduation, so I will just b staying in the Uk for one week. I have put my brothers accomodation which is a school accomodation and it is just a room. From the address it is obvious that it is a one room school accomodation. Will they see this as a problem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
brownee06: Hi guys,

I will be going for my graduation, so I will just b staying in the Uk for one week. I have put my brothers accomodation which is a school accomodation and it is just a room. From the address it is obvious that it is a one room school accomodation. Will they see this as a problem
Female (Sister) staying in single room with man could be big wahalla!!!
You should book hotel room for your stay.
It could be refusal and waste of money!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by brownee06(f): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
worry 359:
Female (Sister) staying in single room with man could be big wahalla!!!
You should book hotel room for your stay.
It could be refusal and waste of money!

Really?? Not even ur own brother. Same surname oh. Abi do I have to provide my birth certificate to prove it kwanu. My problem is the idea of two Pple in one room, Weda males or females
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
brownee06: Hi guys,

brownee06:

Really?? Not even ur own brother. Same surname oh. Abi do I have to provide my birth certificate to prove it kwanu. My problem is the idea of two Pple in one room, Weda males or females
The fact that you are not able or willing to provide yourself a suitable accommodation is a dead give-away to the visa officer of the risk you pose.
Considering your given circumstances, i don't see how any visa officer will approve your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kclexa(m): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
If you are specifically going for your graduation, then staying with you brother or sister is not a problem. All you need to do is present evidence of accommodation payment receipt and a letter from your brother/sister that he/she will be accommodating you for the period.

Do not panic, it would have been a different ball game if you were going for a friend's graduation. But you must ensure the uni does not have restrictions on squatting, in which case I would advice you show funds that can cover hotel bills and specify you will be staying in an hotel.
Remember you are not required to pay for accommodation until you are granted visa, same as flight but show evidence of enough funds.

quote author=brownee06]Hi guys,

I will be going for my graduation, so I will just b staying in the Uk for one week. I have put my brothers accomodation which is a school accomodation and it is just a room. From the address it is obvious that it is a one room school accomodation. Will they see this as a problem[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
brownee06
You must put aside your Nigerian ideas, you want to go to U.K. and the rules are British not Nija!!!!
Brother and sister do not share room it is taboo!
Plus you look a bad risk as other poster told you.

You need to re-think your plans
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by brownee06(f): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Okay, thanks guys.
I think a hotel will be the best option
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
kclexa: If you are specifically going for your graduation, then staying with you brother or sister is not a problem. All you need to do is present evidence of accommodation payment receipt and a letter from your brother/sister that he/she will be accommodating you for the period.

Do not panic, it would have been a different ball game if you were going for a friend's graduation. But you must ensure the uni does not have restrictions on squatting, in which case I would advice you show funds that can cover hotel bills and specify you will be staying in an hotel.
Remember you are not required to pay for accommodation until you are granted visa, same as flight but show evidence of enough funds.
1) Even if the school authority allows squatting, it can never be an acceptable accommodation to aid her visa application.
2) Hotel has no business with her visa application, so booking or paying for a hotel has nothing to do with her issuance or refusal of visa.
3) Flight ticket is not a requirement itinerary does not mean flight ticket: airlines do not require that a person shows evedence of fund
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
I was refused a general vistor visa on stupid grounds, the ECO looked for a fault and decided to pour it on my finances like they usually do, saying they don't think the financial circumstances presented by me is true therefore I can't fund my holiday to the UK and also I can't take money from mu business account to fund a personal trip, I make my money so what's their problem, i've called my immigration lawyer and he is doing the review on my behalf. I hope the decision is overturned and I get the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
kim k's girl:
I was refused a general vistor visa on stupid grounds, the ECO looked for a fault and decided to pour it on my finances like they usually do, saying they don't think the financial circumstances presented by me is true therefore I can't fund my holiday to the UK and also I can't take money from mu business account to fund a personal trip, I make my money so what's their problem, i've called my immigration lawyer and he is doing the review on my behalf. I hope the decision is overturned and I get the visa

The ECO is right, you don't use business money for foreign leisure trip. Yes you made your money but its their business because its their country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 05, 2013
justwise:

The ECO is right, you don't use business money for foreign leisure trip. Yes you made your money but its their business because its their country.
so what do you suggest I do now because the lawyer can't know it all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:23am On Oct 05, 2013
kim k's girl:
so what do you suggest I do now because the lawyer can't know it all

You will be wasting your money getting a lawyer.

Sort your finance out, separate your business account from personal current account, pay tax on your business earnings and get tax certificate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2013
justwise:

You will be wasting your money getting a lawyer.

Sort your finance out, separate your business account from personal current account, pay tax on your business earnings and get tax certificate
I added my tax clearance certificate I always pay my tax! I just think the ECO thinks the money in my account doesn't belong to me, because he just crowned everything up by saying he doesn't think my financial circumstances are as stated. Which is really disheartening, i'm sure my Lawyer can make a case out of it hopefully because my business is a venture not Limited so I can spend from the account, there is no part of the immigration Law that says so, and it's just a reason so it's a straight forward case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Oct 05, 2013
kim k's girl:
I added my tax clearance certificate I always pay my tax! I just think the ECO thinks the money in my account doesn't belong to me, because he just crowned everything up by saying he doesn't think my financial circumstances are as stated. Which is really disheartening, i'm sure my Lawyer can make a case out of it hopefully because my business is a venture not Limited so I can spend from the account, there is no part of the immigration Law that says so, and it's just a reason so it's a straight forward case

Ok, good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2013
kim k's girl:
kim k's girl:
If the lawyer's advice does not correspond with what Justwise had advised, then throw eggs or tomatoes at him because, he's a money grabber taking advantage of your naivety.

My friend, do not waste your money, time and energy on any lawyer because, you stand no ground (whether or privilege), rather use these factors to focus on how to fulfill the requirements.
Read more at:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by good188(m): 5:43am On Oct 06, 2013
i have a girlfriend in uk,she own a house because she is white,i want to visit her ,please i want to know all the process i need to go through now

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.