Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,421 members, 7,836,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984185 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
xarabim: @ justwise. Thank you for response. I had a little over 900k, i intended to spend 700k for 13 days excluding accomodation as i stated my sister whom i was to travel with was paying for our accomodation. The ec0 acknowledged i have sufficient funds in my acct, but was not satisfied with how much i intended to spend. I earn 150k monthly. My question pls- i still have about 900k in my acct, if i'm to reapply again in your opinion, how much is acceptable to spend for 10 days? I just got refused last week. Can i reapply this week? My leave is coming up soon and i'm so looking forward to travelling with my sister. Thank u.

The question is: what is the actual cost of the trip to you? Do your calculation and that will answer the question about how much to spend, i can not tell you to spend 400 or 500 naira, the real cost of the trip has to come from your calculation. How much will flight, accommodation, traveling within the UK cost you? Do you plan to visit places? If yes then how much will it cost you traveling to those places. Addition of all these gives you an idea of the actual cost of the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunlebal(m): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
justwise: [/b]

With that salary i will be surprised if you are given a visa even if you have 1million in your account.

Do you have USA student visa already?
Hopefully by next month, cos my interview is early next month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
justwise: [/b]

grin grin we can do it together...lets be that good Samaritan together...deal or no deal?
No deal because, it is not logical for two captains to be in one ship cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Daniel1991(m): 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
Vicjustice:
sooooo funny
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesanya2013: 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2013
Dear House,
Truly Nigerian are very talented. Nairaland is a great forum that I have been following since 4 years now. I just joined the forum as member because, I have a question that is bothering me.This is as follow:
I have been away from Nigeria since 2004. Had my Higher Education in Sierra Leone ( IPAM). Graduated since 2008 and I have been working as a contractor for a Mining company which Government of the country suspend there operation because of Mining Act Review (2012). Since 2012 I have been out of work. But I managed to save some amount which I decided to come finally to settle down in Nigeria.
I arrived Nigeria early this year.Registered a company and planing for importation of stuffs. I traveled to Dubai in June for feasibility studies of the market. Now planing to have a holiday in U.K for 14 days. But Money was transferred to my sister and Mum account during my stay in sierra leone.Then later transferred some money to my newly open account, That sum up to 7.3 Million.
I want to know if I can use this account apply for tourist visa? secondly I have a landed property, but the building is yet to be completed ( No c/o. but receipt and survey are available).
I really need your advice on how to go about this.
Thank you very much for ur patient to read my story.lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
adesanya2013:
Dear House,
Truly Nigerian are very talented. Nairaland is a great forum that I have been following since 4 years now. I just joined the forum as member because, I have a question that is bothering me.This is as follow:
I have been away from Nigeria since 2004. Had my Higher Education in Sierra Leone ( IPAM). Graduated since 2008 and I have been working as a contractor for a Mining company which Government of the country suspend there operation because of Mining Act Review (2012). Since 2012 I have been out of work. But I managed to save some amount which I decided to come finally to settle down in Nigeria.
I arrived Nigeria early this year.Registered a company and planing for importation of stuffs. I traveled to Dubai in June for feasibility studies of the market. Now planing to have a holiday in U.K for 14 days. But Money was transferred to my sister and Mum account during my stay in sierra leone.Then later transferred some money to my newly open account, That sum up to 7.3 Million.
I want to know if I can use this account apply for tourist visa? secondly I have a landed property, but the building is yet to be completed ( No c/o. but receipt and survey are available).
I really need your advice on how to go about this.
Thank you very much for ur patient to read my story.lol
It's not necessary to spam the thread, a single post is sufficient to get response.
Well, you stated that you were unable to find a job since 2012, therefore, it is reasonable for the embassy to desire to know what you've been doing during then and how you made so much money in a war-turned country like Sierra Leone: you might find it hard to convince the visa officer (or any other person) that you made the money by legitimate means.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesanya2013: 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Vicjustice:
It's not necessary to spam the thread, a single post is sufficient to get response.
Well, by your own admission, you were unable to find a job, therefore, it is reasonable for the embassy to desire to know how you raised that huge money in a poor, war-turn country like Sierra Leone: you can't convince the visa officer (or any other person) that you made the money by legitimate means.
Thank you very much for the responds. Sierra Leone is not war-turn country. I worked with a company for 4 years with monthly salary paid to every foreign workers. The review of the mining act affected more than 60% of the mining companies, not only where I worked for. I have all my pay slip intact to prove my source.But I am asking for advice because I just registered a company which I intend to do business with in Nigeria.
Also note war ended in sierra leone since 2001 and the country is very peaceful. Noted also that I had working permit in sierra leone which is still valid to April, 2014.
I intend to be self employ since the review is taking the Ruling Government enternity to be amend. Most foreign workers ( British, Chinese, South African e.t.c) Have left the country since then and waiting for the Review to be finalize.
Note: 7.3 Million Naira is not huge saving. please I need ur advice sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:10am On Oct 28, 2013
adesanya2013:
Thank you very much for the responds. Sierra Leone is not war-turn country. I worked with a company for 4 years with monthly salary paid to every foreign workers. The review of the mining act affected more than 60% of the mining companies, not only where I worked for. I have all my pay slip intact to prove my source.But I am asking for advice because I just registered a company which I intend to do business with in Nigeria.
Also note war ended in sierra leone since 2001 and the country is very peaceful. Noted also that I had working permit in sierra leone which is still valid to April, 2014.
I intend to be self employ since the review is taking the Ruling Government enternity to be amend. Most foreign workers ( British, Chinese, South African e.t.c) Have left the country since then and waiting for the Review to be finalize.
Note: 7.3 Million Naira is not huge saving. please I need ur advice sir
I responded to your post in misunderstanding, i thought you said you couldn't find a job in Siera Leone, i didn't realise that you said you were working before being made redundant in 2012. I edited my post (not knowing that you have already quoted it), therefore, the version that you quoted is invalid.
Please, refer to the update.
By the way, i am aware that Siera Leone now has peace, but the fact remains that the scar of that bloody civil war and associated massacres can not be done away with in no time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesanya2013: 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2013
Thank you very much for the responds. I wanted to make the holiday by March 2014. That is like 5 months period and I intend to use a new open bank statement of which I can be paying myself salary from the total saved 7.3 million naira. I am sacred about the money lodgement refusal people get. What do you think the minimum saving should be? Pls note that I just registered a new company which is yet to have tax clearance and yet to commence operation. I am 31 but single. I am sorry to bother you much but I can only sake for advices from this forum.
Thank you for the help sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
kunlebal:
Hopefully by next month, cos my interview is early next month

That will be your lifeline, hopefully you get that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
Vicjustice:
grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2013
xarabim: @ justwise. Thank you for response. I had a little over 900k, i intended to spend 700k for 13 days excluding accomodation as i stated my sister whom i was to travel with was paying for our accomodation. The ec0 acknowledged i have sufficient funds in my acct, but was not satisfied with how much i intended to spend. I earn 150k monthly. My question pls- i still have about 900k in my acct, if i'm to reapply again in your opinion, how much is acceptable to spend for 10 days? I just got refused last week. Can i reapply this week? My leave is coming up soon and i'm so looking forward to travelling with my sister. Thank u.

@xarabim, I feel u and I can understand your plight. However, even though the money in your account is yours and you can decide how you want to spend it,you must not forget the fact that the ECO applies a lot of logic before arriving at their decisions. For instance, you said you intend to spend 700k out of your 900k savings (that is like 80% of all your savings or your salary for like 5 months) in just 13 days. The ECO will never want to believe that, rather, s/he would see that as plot by you to impress him/her on your financial capability (although you may really intend to spend that much).

The advice I always give people just like vicjustice said, is for you to have a rough idea of the overall cost of the trip and how individual expense add up to make that. For instance, let's assume airfare (which most of the time accounts for the bulk of your expenses) is 160k, by the time you come up with the likely local transportation cost for the 13 days (and since accommodation, which would have been another major cost has been taken care of) you will see that the amount that would remain for you to play around with out of your planned 700k would still be much that the ECO will think it does not tally with your current income.

As a rule, I always advise people going for between 10-14 days vacation in the UK to write between £1,000-£1,300 as the cost of the trip or the money available to them for the trip. Don't forget that the Brits are conservative set of people. And this has always worked.

So, you can come up with rough estimate of your expenses to serve as guide for you.

I wish you success in your next application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chimdalu58: 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by psquaret: 2:07am On Oct 29, 2013
Good day op, pls kindly assist me on how I will go about getting a transit UK visa, I have send them an email and they reply that what I need is an airside transit visa that will not require me to change airport. Pls kindly assit me with the right document that I should go with pls. I have an electronic visa to my final destination which is Grenada and I have 400k in my account from my salary, invitation from the citizen inviting me and he stated It on The invitation letter that I will be staying in his house during my stay. pls I beg u kindly advise me with the right document to go with pls thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justmenoni: 3:50am On Oct 29, 2013
This is wrong,When applying for a visa everywhere in the world,the eco or consular only considers the application submitted and not the application submitted afterwards,if this is the case alot of people would have gotten visa,cos imagine if i lodge in an application and i ask u here on the thread and u made me understand that i should have included A and B and immediately i couriered it to them,would i or someone else ever be denied visa,even the embassies states that they consider documents submitted with applications and anything submitted afterwards is not gonna be considered,....
funkybaby:

there is no RULE anywhere that states you should wait for 6months before reapplying.you can reapply the very next day if you wish to do so and many times after then. what really matters is addressing the previous reasons for refusal and covering all loose ends in the application.

you have two options: you either reapply with the UPDATED bank statement or you appeal.

if you decide to appeal, you will win because the ECO should have taken into account the additional bank statement because as at the time it was couriered to them since they were yet to reach a decision on her application or they should have requested for one based on the principle of evidential flexibility.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:42am On Oct 29, 2013
psquaret: Good day op, pls kindly assist me on how I will go about getting a transit UK visa, I have send them an email and they reply that what I need is an airside transit visa that will not require me to change airport. Pls kindly assit me with the right document that I should go with pls. I have an electronic visa to my final destination which is Grenada and I have 400k in my account from my salary, invitation from the citizen inviting me and he stated It on The invitation letter that I will be staying in his house during my stay. pls I beg u kindly advise me with the right document to go with pls thank u
You are travelling to a destination that is virtually a visa-free country for Nigerian passport holders, and you want to apply for a UK transit visa?
What stops the embassy from suspecting that you would destroy your Nigerian passport in a UK airport toilet in order to claim asylum as a stateless person?
My friend, it doesn't work that way: be advised that it is easier to get a tourist visa to the UK than to get a UK transit visa to a destination of no economic reputation. And if you must apply for a transit visa, the onus is on you to convince the visa officer of your intention to proceed onward, and to explain your purpose of travelling to Grenada; you need a hefty bank statement (not that N400k).
check the entire list of documents that are required for a tourist visa and be advised that you need all of them if not more

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oddy4u: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
I went to pick my visa today and I was refused and this was the reason given by the ECO. : (1)The decision:you state that you wish to visit the UK for 7days for a conference.Although you state you will be financially sponsored by your company,I have to take into consideration your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria.You state that you are employed with ... And you earn N159,000(£615.36) per month.I note that you have provided wage slips frm your employer,however you have provided no evidence of savings,property or income.Therefore I am unclear as to your own personal and financial circumstances in nigeria. (2) You have no evidence of travel and complanance with immigration procedures. Similar to those of the United kingdom.In the absence of those history of compliance seeking entry as a visitor and in the light of the lack of evidence in your application.I am not satified that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the unitedkingdom at the end of the period you stated by you,or that you can be adequately maintained and accomodated in the unitedkingdom or meet the cost of your return or onward journey.41(i)(ii)(vi)(vii). I therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities,that you meet all the requirements of the relavant paragraph of the unitedkingdom immigration rules. I have an account statement with a balance of 800k.what are my chances after reapplying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2013
oddy4u: I went to pick my visa today and I was refused and this was the reason given by the ECO. : (1)The decision:you state that you wish to visit the UK for 7days for a conference.Although you state you will be financially sponsored by your company,I have to take into consideration your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria.You state that you are employed with ... And you earn N159,000(£615.36) per month.I note that you have provided wage slips frm your employer,however you have provided no evidence of savings,property or income.Therefore I am unclear as to your own personal and financial circumstances in nigeria. (2) You have no evidence of travel and complanance with immigration procedures. Similar to those of the United kingdom.In the absence of those history of compliance seeking entry as a visitor and in the light of the lack of evidence in your application.I am not satified that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the unitedkingdom at the end of the period you stated by you,or that you can be adequately maintained and accomodated in the unitedkingdom or meet the cost of your return or onward journey.41(i)(ii)(vi)(vii). I therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities,that you meet all the requirements of the relavant paragraph of the unitedkingdom immigration rules. I have an account statement with a balance of 800k.what are my chances after reapplying?
You mean you applied for a UK visa without a bank statement of account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
oddy4u: I went to pick my visa today and I was refused and this was the reason given by the ECO. : (1)The decision:you state that you wish to visit the UK for 7days for a conference.Although you state you will be financially sponsored by your company,I have to take into consideration your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria.You state that you are employed with ... And you earn N159,000(£615.36) per month.I note that you have provided wage slips frm your employer,however you have provided no evidence of savings,property or income.Therefore I am unclear as to your own personal and financial circumstances in nigeria. (2) You have no evidence of travel and complanance with immigration procedures. Similar to those of the United kingdom.In the absence of those history of compliance seeking entry as a visitor and in the light of the lack of evidence in your application.I am not satified that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the unitedkingdom at the end of the period you stated by you,or that you can be adequately maintained and accomodated in the unitedkingdom or meet the cost of your return or onward journey.41(i)(ii)(vi)(vii). I therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities,that you meet all the requirements of the relavant paragraph of the unitedkingdom immigration rules. I have an account statement with a balance of 800k.what are my chances after reapplying?

hey. i remember you.

i am not surprised AT ALL you got a refusal.

below was one of the many responses i made to your original enquiriy, yet you chose to do things your own way.

funkybaby:

in my own opinion, there really is no need to include the company's business bank statement and all that.

all you need from them is a letter confirming that you are a staff and they are sponsoring you as a representative at the conference. the letter should also state what benefit the pharmaceutical company will get (if any) from sending you to the UK for the conference (considering the fact that they are financially responsible for your trip).

now, the onus is on you to proof that you have strong ties to nigeria and you will not ABSCOND and not return once you get into the UK or break any immigration law. you have to show that you have strong (family) ties to nigeria and also proof that you are financially stable in nigeria and you have a job that you love and would be returning to once the conference is over.

the UK peeps dont give a damn about the company sponsoring you. your employer can decide to give you a 1st class ticket and lodge you at the best hotel but the main question is will you return back home once the conference is over? so make sure you have enough docs in your application relating to yourself proving your ties to the courntry.

do you have previous travel history?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deolu1993: 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hey guys I just wanted to find out,if someone's e-passport expires in may 2014 and the person intends to apply or a visa, should they apply for a renewal or extension. Secondly,can any one enlighten me on the process of passport renewal,like cost?, ikoyi or festac,which is better?.oh and if you any useful contacts I could reach,that would be nice.thanks guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys I just wanted to find out,if someone's e-passport expires in may 2014 and the person intends to apply or a visa, should they apply for a renewal or extension. Secondly,can any one enlighten me on the process of passport renewal,like cost?, ikoyi or festac,which is better?.oh and if you any useful contacts I could reach,that would be nice.thanks guys.

its a renewal. should not cost more than 15k (using agents located at the immigration office). either ikoyi or festac is fine (which ever is nearest to you.). i prefer ikoyi though.

if you happy to stay on the queue all day and go back and forth for as many days as possible wink wink , then deal directly with the immigration staff. this will prolly save you a few thousands

**post edited**
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys I just wanted to find out,if someone's e-passport expires in may 2014 and the person intends to apply or a visa, should they apply for a renewal or extension. Secondly,can any one enlighten me on the process of passport renewal,like cost?, ikoyi or festac,which is better?.oh and if you any useful contacts I could reach,that would be nice.thanks guys.
I don't understand why you need an agent to renew your passport.
By the way, a valid visa in an expired passport is allowed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
justmenoni: This is wrong,When applying for a visa everywhere in the world,the eco or consular only considers the application submitted and not the application submitted afterwards,if this is the case alot of people would have gotten visa,cos imagine if i lodge in an application and i ask u here on the thread and u made me understand that i should have included A and B and immediately i couriered it to them,would i or someone else ever be denied visa,even the embassies states that they consider documents submitted with applications and anything submitted afterwards is not gonna be considered,....

as long as your application is yet to be decided, you can post any missing document to UK's embassy and it will be considered with your application as long as you attach the relevant 'change in circumstances' form (if applicable to the category and this which can be found on their website).

i am 100 percent certain about this and I speak on what I have done

f there's a document missing, the onus is on the ECO to call, write or email you asking for that document.

please read up on evidential flexibility. it is there in black and white amongst UKBA's rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/ecb/ecb10/

scroll down to the very last paragraph

''ECB10.13 Evidential flexibility

Evidential flexibility can only be used in PBS applications and settlement applications under Appendix FM. It should only be used in an otherwise compliant application, where one document or piece of evidence is missing, and it is clear from the application form and other documentary evidence that the missing document exists, the entry clearance officer should apply evidential flexibility and request that the applicant provide the missing document within seven working days. If the missing information is not received within the permitted timeframe then the application should be refused.

Evidential flexibility should not be used in situations where even if the missing evidence was provided the application would fall for refusal.''

why do you think a lot of cases are successful after appeals?

if there's a document missing (thats likely to impact on the decision of the application), the onus is on the ECO to call, write or email you asking for that document.

the ECOs know that few people are aware of this rule and there's a high chance the applicant will not appeal against the decision. Besides, that's how they make so much money in visa fees.

in Tfree's mom case which i responded to and where you've quoted my response, she should have been asked to present her bank statement. If its there in UKBA's decision guidance that they are to request for missing documentation in an otherwise compliant application, why then will they refuse to accept such document sent to them before the decision was made. Its possible Tfree's mom posted the bank statement to VFS office and those ones can't be bothered. All they care about is the money they are making from each applicant.

If she had sent it directly to the consular's office at walter carrington stating her name , DOB and a simple explainatory cover letter, then it should have been considered. If that's what did and they refused to accept it and they later denied her visa application for that missing bank statement (which was what she was trying to avoid), then the courier receipt confirming postage is enough to make her appeal successful.

p.s. this thread is not about ''other embassies''. Its about UK visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deolu1993: 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
funkybaby:

its a renewal. should not cost more than 15k (using agents located at the immigration office). either ikoyi or festac is fine (which ever is nearest to you.). i prefer ikoyi though.

if you happy to stay on the queue all day and go back and forth for as many days as possible wink wink , then deal directly with the immigration staff. this will prolly save you a few thousands

**post edited**
Thanks dearie..you've been very helpful. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kolaeurope(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
adesanya2013: Thank you very much for the responds. I wanted to make the holiday by March 2014. That is like 5 months period and I intend to use a new open bank statement of which I can be paying myself salary from the total saved 7.3 million naira. I am sacred about the money lodgement refusal people get. What do you think the minimum saving should be? Pls note that I just registered a new company which is yet to have tax clearance and yet to commence operation. I am 31 but single. I am sorry to bother you much but I can only sake for advices from this forum.
Thank you for the help sir.
You can not applied with a statement of huge deposit without source of income.Also noted that you have once traveled to dubai and been working in africa country with valid permit. I will advice you should applied for visa in sierra leone before coming to Nigeria. But as the case maybe now, You need to show to VO that the funds are legal. I will advice you to take your time invest your funds in Nigeria for maybe like 6-12 months. Pay yourself salary from the investment and grow your saving account with consistence inflow and you are good to go.Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justmenoni: 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
funkybaby:

as long as your application is yet to be decided, you can post any missing document to UK's embassy and it will be considered with your application as long as you attach the relevant 'change in circumstances' form (if applicable to the category and this which can be found on their website).

i am 100 percent certain about this and I speak on what I have done

f there's a document missing, the onus is on the ECO to call, write or email you asking for that document.

please read up on evidential flexibility. it is there in black and white amongst UKBA's rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/ecb/ecb10/

scroll down to the very last paragraph

''ECB10.13 Evidential flexibility

Evidential flexibility can only be used in PBS applications and settlement applications under Appendix FM. It should only be used in an otherwise compliant application, where one document or piece of evidence is missing, and it is clear from the application form and other documentary evidence that the missing document exists, the entry clearance officer should apply evidential flexibility and request that the applicant provide the missing document within seven working days. If the missing information is not received within the permitted timeframe then the application should be refused.

Evidential flexibility should not be used in situations where even if the missing evidence was provided the application would fall for refusal.''

why do you think a lot of cases are successful after appeals?

if there's a document missing (thats likely to impact on the decision of the application), the onus is on the ECO to call, write or email you asking for that document.

the ECOs know that few people are aware of this rule and there's a high chance the applicant will not appeal against the decision. Besides, that's how they make so much money in visa fees.
Read the op question again,the ECo didnt ask for additional documents,the Op said when she got home she found out that one document was not included so she decide to send it to them this is different from what you just said,read the link properly yourself and you will see the difference between asking for additional documents by the ECO or when the applicant decide to send it at their own freewill,you haven't worked at the embassy before so you don't know when a visa is been decided,some are decided same day but the embassy will purposely delay it to make it look like they really checked documents well.

in Tfree's mom case which i responded to and where you've quoted my response, she should have been asked to present her bank statement. If its there in UKBA's decision guidance that they are to request for missing documentation in an otherwise compliant application, why then will they refuse to accept such document sent to them before the decision was made. Its possible Tfree's mom posted the bank statement to VFS office and those ones can't be bothered. All they care about is the money they are making from each applicant.

If she had sent it directly to the consular's office at walter carrington stating her name , DOB and a simple explainatory cover letter, then it should have been considered. If that's what did and they refused to accept it and they later denied her visa application for that missing bank statement (which was what she was trying to avoid), then the courier receipt confirming postage is enough to make her appeal successful.

p.s. this thread is not about ''other embassies''. Its about UK visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justmenoni: 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
Vicjustice,i think i don't agree with you on that,Not all countries accept or follow that rule,check well and you will be surprised that your visa/permit becomes invalid once your passport expires.

Vicjustice:
I don't understand why you need an agent to renew your passport.
By the way, a valid visa in an expired passport is allowed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oddy4u: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
Vicjustice: I think so far the company is sponsoring me with a letter to the embassy that they would be taking care of all my expenses and we also included the letter from the organisers of the conference saying we have paid the conference fees and we also included the hotel reservation.What do I need to include again after my personal account?
You mean you applied for a UK visa without a bank statement of account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oddy4u: 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
Thanks for your post.What i need now is your advice,i would be submitting my account statement of a balance of close to 900k when reapplying but what are the documents or what do i need to do to prove i have strong ties to my country since am still single since the ECO also made mention of also considering FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES.
hey. i remember you

i am not surprised AT ALL you got a refusal.

below was one of the many responses i made to your original enquiriy, yet you chose to do things your own way.

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.