Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983023 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
oddy4u: Thanks for your post.What i need now is your advice,i would be submitting my account statement of a balance of close to 900k when reapplying but what are the documents or what do i need to do to prove i have strong ties to my country since am still single since the ECO also made mention of also considering FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES.
hey. i remember you

i am not surprised AT ALL you got a refusal.

below was one of the many responses i made to your original enquiriy, yet you chose to do things your own way.

900k is rather low.

1.5m and above is more reasonable.

Do you have savings? Share docs? Fixed deposit? Any landed property?

Did you include a personal statement with your previous application?

You are single which is more reason why your bank statements and your personal circumstances ( the company you work, how long you've worked with them, your role, your salary) will be major determining factors the ECO will consider. If all these are okay, then you have greater chances of getting your application approved. Marriage and kids are not criteria that must be met in order to be eligible for a visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunlebal(m): 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2013
justwise:

That will be your lifeline, hopefully you get that.
Amen, thanks. Will let you know how it goes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayos82: 10:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
Justwise,pls I'm new on this thread,please I will like you to guide me on how to apply for 247,base on access right to a child in the UK.what documents do I need to submit to satisfy the ECO,and how much do you suggest I should be having in my savings account,I don't have current account.please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 11:08am On Oct 30, 2013
Hi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2013
Hi, pls if anyone know of this, pls advice me. I am a british citizen, my wife has previously been to uk to visit me and my son who is also british and my wife went back to nigeria to continue her study but now she has applied for visa to come on a visit to uk but she was denied two times the base they refused the last application was that they were unble to verify her letter from her university. The reason they have not be able to verfy this is because the ASUU strke in nigeria. Now i want to relocate to ireland to reside and i want to applied for eea spouse visa for her to join me in ireland and my son. Would there be a negative impact on her application for ireland spouse visa to join me because she has been refused uk visit visa before? because i will be declearing her previous refusal by uk. Pls advice me if i should go ahead with the ireland spouse visa while am self employe in irelandm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oddy4u: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2013
Thanks for your advice,the only account i have is my salary account which i have 900k and it would increase to more than a million when reapplying next week.i have been working with the company for the company for the company for the past three years with a salary of about about 200k even though the take home pay is 159k after deducting the tax,pension and the rest.I i have a landed property even though i dont have a C and O or any official document that backs it up other than the receipt and dont have any shares certificates.i didnt include a personal statement,can you message me a format of a personal statement though.
funkybaby:

900k is rather low.

1.5m and above is more reasonable.

Do you have savings? Share docs? Fixed deposit? Any landed property?

Did you include a personal statement with your previous application?

You are single which is more reason why your bank statements and your personal circumstances ( the company you work, how long you've worked with them, your role, your salary) will be major determining factors the ECO will consider. If all these are okay, then you have greater chances of getting your application approved. Marriage and kids are not criteria that must be met in order to be eligible for a visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mjan: 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
Good day Justwise[i][/i] and other forum members. I need your advise. I wanted to fill a UK student visa application form online yesterday but realized that there is a particular place I had to put the ADDRESS of where I will be leaving. I intend staying with my elder sister who stays very close to the school but my sister's rent is being paid by the government since she is not working at the moment. Should I put my sisters address in that place? would putting it affect my chances of getting the visa? Secondly, the issue of itinerary(flight) asked to be booked before filling the form.would the money be subtracted from the money in my account and then weigh if the remaining would be enough for my school fees and maintenance? Please I need your urgent response as this is the only thing holding me from not making my online form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
oddy4u: Thanks for your advice,the only account i have is my salary account which i have 900k and it would increase to more than a million when reapplying next week.i have been working with the company for the company for the company for the past three years with a salary of about about 200k even though the take home pay is 159k after deducting the tax,pension and the rest.I i have a landed property even though i dont have a C and O or any official document that backs it up other than the receipt and dont have any shares certificates.i didnt include a personal statement,can you message me a format of a personal statement though.

the land receipt is fine as long as it has your name on it.

the personal statement should be typed not handwritten and it should state what your name, what you do,the name of the company you work for, do, your role (job title), how long you've worked for them, your take home pay (income plus allowances. you can also include your employment offer letter with your application), what the company stands to benefit from sending you to the conference, etc.

also mention you will not be breaking any immigration rule and you will return back to naija at the end of the conference

. what date does the conference begin?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
mjan: Good day Justwise[i][/i] and other forum members. I need your advise. I wanted to fill a UK student visa application form online yesterday but realized that there is a particular place I had to put the ADDRESS of where I will be leaving. I intend staying with my elder sister who stays very close to the school but my sister's rent is being paid by the government since she is not working at the moment. Should I put my sisters address in that place? would putting it affect my chances of getting the visa? Secondly, the issue of itinerary(flight) asked to be booked before filling the form.would the money be subtracted from the money in my account and then weigh if the remaining would be enough for my school fees and maintenance? Please I need your urgent response as this is the only thing holding me from not making my online form.
I'm 99% positive that she will be refused an Irish visa owing to the fact that she had been refused the UK visa on two occasions, and it is reasonable for the Irish authority (who share same immigration data-base with the UK) to suspect her of trying to bypass the UK regulations by taking the Irish route.
I recommend that you keep the struggle within the UK side because, applying for an Irish visa will definitely be regarded as a desperate attempt to beat the UK immigration, and that would cost your wife her credibility
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayos82: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
ayos82: Justwise,pls I'm new on this thread,please I will like you to guide me on how to apply for 247,base on access right to a child in the UK.what documents do I need to submit to satisfy the ECO,and how much do you suggest I should be having in my savings account,I don't have current account.please help

Justwise
please kindly give me the idea on how to make this application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
ayos82: Justwise,pls I'm new on this thread,please I will like you to guide me on how to apply for 247,base on access right to a child in the UK.what documents do I need to submit to satisfy the ECO,and how much do you suggest I should be having in my savings account,I don't have current account.please help

What is the state of your relationship with the child's mother? Are you in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayos82: 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
justwise:

What is the state of your relationship with the child's mother? Are you in the UK?

I have a very good relationship with her,we were planning to get married but it faile due to my removal.I'm in Nigeria presently,had a removal in November 2011.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
ayos82:

I have a very good relationship with her,we were planning to get married but it faile due to my removal.I'm in Nigeria presently,had a removal in November 2011.

It will be easier to get married to her and apply for spouse visa rather than going through human right (right to family life) route because it will take you ages to get that since you are in Nigeria and not married to her.

This link will help you determine what to do http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part7/

If you have more questions after reading it please ask.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
justmenoni: Vicjustice,i think i don't agree with you on that,Not all countries accept or follow that rule,check well and you will be surprised that your visa/permit becomes invalid once your passport expires.
If you are a visa applicant and you are entitled to (let's say) a two year long term visa, and you have a passport that is seven months to expiration, would you be denied the visa for reason of the validity of your passport? Absolutely NOT.
So, if you were issued a two years visa on a passport that is seven months to expiration, would the visa become invalid when the passport has expired? Definitely NOT.
There is no normal country that will deny entry or exit to a person who has a valid visa in expired passport.
You can Google this or check www.delta.com for more information
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayos82: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
justwise: [/b]

It will be easier to get married to her and apply for spouse visa rather than going through human right (right to family life) route because it will take you ages to get that since you are in Nigeria and not married to her.

This link will help you determine what to do http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part7/

If you have more questions after reading it please ask.

Justwise thank you so much for the information you provided for me.my question is the issue of Appendix FM. Clause stated about playing an active role to the child's upbringing,isn't when I'm back I can be supporting financially.I'm still playing active role in the sense that I communicate daily mostly by email,I received photos of him daily.also tried to convince my woman to come down to Nigeria for us to get married,but the problem is she's the only person taken care of our son and he's less than 2years.again he's still on open medical attention due to the fact he was born premature when I got removed.I can sort out where I can stay and get contact permission aswel.please justwise what do u suggest
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sweetypie: 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
Please, i need clarifications on uk business visitor application. I submitted my application last week friday 25/10/13, which i intend to visit for 5 days for a training which my company is sponsoring me. All Company documents n my employment details were submitted as well, but to my surprise, i recieved an sms this morning informing me of an interview which i was told to attend next week wednesday. The question here is, Do uk embassy conduct interviews for visa now and what are the likely questions that will be asked. Secondly, do i need to take copies of all documents submitted along with me? urgent response pls!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
ayos82:

Justwise thank you so much for the information you provided for me.my question is the issue of Appendix FM. Clause stated about playing an active role to the child's upbringing,isn't when I'm back I can be supporting financially.I'm still playing active role in the sense that I communicate daily mostly by email,I received photos of him daily.also tried to convince my woman to come down to Nigeria for us to get married,but the problem is she's the only person taken care of our son and he's less than 2years.again he's still on open medical attention due to the fact he was born premature when I got removed.I can sort out where I can stay and get contact permission aswel.please justwise what do u suggest

Its role you have played previously in his life, its a difficult thing to prove only if you can prove, were helping out financially before you were removed? Were you living together? Does she work while you baby-sit the baby?..etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
Sweetypie: Please, i need clarifications on uk business visitor application. I submitted my application last week friday 25/10/13, which i intend to visit for 5 days for a training which my company is sponsoring me. All Company documents n my employment details were submitted as well, but to my surprise, i recieved an sms this morning informing me of an interview which i was told to attend next week wednesday. The question here is, Do uk embassy conduct interviews for visa now and what are the likely questions that will be asked. Secondly, do i need to take copies of all documents submitted along with me? urgent response pls!!!

They do now when needed and the questions will be about your intended trip and other info you provided in your application package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
Sweetypie: Please, i need clarifications on uk business visitor application. I submitted my application last week friday 25/10/13, which i intend to visit for 5 days for a training which my company is sponsoring me. All Company documents n my employment details were submitted as well, but to my surprise, i recieved an sms this morning informing me of an interview which i was told to attend next week wednesday. The question here is, Do uk embassy conduct interviews for visa now and what are the likely questions that will be asked. Secondly, do i need to take copies of all documents submitted along with me? urgent response pls!!!
If you are instructed to bring your documents along, then do so otherwise, you are not required to take any document with you, but if you wish to support your application with any other document that you haven't yet submitted, then, it is ok to take that with you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayos82: 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
justwise:

Its role you have played previously in his life, its a difficult thing to prove only if you can prove, were helping out financially before you were removed? Were you living together? Does she work while you baby-sit the baby?..etc

Thanks justwise for your response.yes we were living together before I got removed,she also worked by then.I got removed in November 2011,while she gave birth to our son in March 2012,from this period to November 2012,he was still admitted in the hospital due to major illness he developed.summary is he wasn't yet born before I was removed.but since the day one I never fail to communicate even when he was in hospital I do call the hospital also.she visit him daily in hospital,during that period it was really hard and stressful for her.please justwise what can I do even though she will draft a letter as a supporting evidence to narrate some of these to the ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oddy4u: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
The conference would be starting on the 13th of december 2013,I included the employment letter in my last application
funkybaby:

the land receipt is fine as long as it has your name on it.

the personal statement should be typed not handwritten and it should state what your name, what you do,the name of the company you work for, do, your role (job title), how long you've worked for them, your take home pay (income plus allowances. you can also include your employment offer letter with your application), what the company stands to benefit from sending you to the conference, etc.

also mention you will not be breaking any immigration rule and you will return back to naija at the end of the conference

. what date does the conference begin?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sweetypie: 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
Thanks so much for ur prompt response. I was not asked to come with any documents, I was thinking of taking d photocopy of d submitted documents just to be in a safer side
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayos82: 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
ayos82:

Thanks justwise for your response.yes we were living together before I got removed,she also worked by then.I got removed in November 2011,while she gave birth to our son in March 2012,from this period to November 2012,he was still admitted in the hospital due to major illness he developed.summary is he wasn't yet born before I was removed.but since the day one I never fail to communicate even when he was in hospital I do call the hospital also.she visit him daily in hospital,during that period it was really hard and stressful for her.please justwise what can I do even though she will draft a letter as a supporting evidence to narrate some of these to the ECO

Hello justwise please I'm still waiting for your response,cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hi Everyone, its been so nice reading from your helpful feedbacks, I am new here. Well this is my story.. myself and my husband got married here in the UK last year Nov and had our son here in Dec, however my husband left us early this year cause his application under the entrepreneurship was refused,so he didn't appeal, and left back for Nigeria.Moreso,on reaching Nigeria in July he has since registered a company,the companys name was cleared,but considering how things take time in Nigeria,the company certificate was out this October,prior to when it came out,he had one or two contracts as he is into IT,with a closing balance of 1.4m and,out of which he claimed he intend to pay himself 400# as salary before tax. Now he applied to visit us under the general visiting form to witness our first wedding Ann and our son's first birthday. But he was denied with reasons that..The money he claim he had in his account,the Eco wasnt sure it will be made available to him prior to his trip and departure,and also the Eco said the company certificate didn't state he was the proprietor(here my husband forgot to attach his memorandum),and to crown it all that his application had been refused based on the fact that he might not return(meanwhile my husband had lived legally in the UK since 2006 and has never breached his immigration status, and left early this year when his application for further leave was refused,he left the UK willingly) so why wouldn't he want to leave now...And then they said his right of appeal is limited and gave him a site to go to...Now my question is this,how can we address the issues raised in the refusal letter,and who do we address it to,considering how long this will take, does anyone know much about the British Consulate for Emergency travel,cos my husband once went straight to them some years ago and got a response on the spot.Please I need your honest response.no swearing please.Thankyou
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
I mearnt thanyou*
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
ayos82:

Is the child's birth certificate in your name? What was the nature of your removal from the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
babyscot: Hi Everyone, its been so nice reading from your helpful feedbacks, I am new here. Well this is my story.. myself and my husband got married here in the UK last year Nov and had our son here in Dec, however my husband left us early this year cause his application under the entrepreneurship was refused,so he didn't appeal, and left back for Nigeria.Moreso,on reaching Nigeria in July he has since registered a company,the companys name was cleared,but considering how things take time in Nigeria,the company certificate was out this October,prior to when it came out,he had one or two contracts as he is into IT,with a closing balance of 1.4m and,out of which he claimed he intend to pay himself 400# as salary before tax. Now he applied to visit us under the general visiting form to witness our first wedding Ann and our son's first birthday. But he was denied with reasons that..The money he claim he had in his account,the Eco wasnt sure it will be made available to him prior to his trip and departure,and also the Eco said the company certificate didn't state he was the proprietor(here my husband forgot to attach his memorandum),and to crown it all that his application had been refused based on the fact that he might not return(meanwhile my husband had lived legally in the UK since 2006 and has never breached his immigration status, and left early this year when his application for further leave was refused,he left the UK willingly) so why wouldn't he want to leave now...And then they said his right of appeal is limited and gave him a site to go to...Now my question is this,how can we address the issues raised in the refusal letter,and who do we address it to,considering how long this will take, does anyone know much about the British Consulate for Emergency travel,cos my husband once went straight to them some years ago and got a response on the spot.Please I need your honest response.no swearing please.Thankyou

Are you British citizen or hold permanent resident paper?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayos82: 12:08am On Oct 31, 2013
justwise:

Is the child's birth certificate in your name? What was the nature of your removal from the UK?

No my surname is not on the BC,the registry said I have to be there in person.my removal was because I'm overstayer,but even before that I made an application of EEA which home office turn down.finally I put in another patnership application with my woman,home office claim that I was not in any relationship that the reason why I made that application is to fraustrate removal.but the architect of everything is my solicitor wasn't too good not active enough all his after was money money.although they gave me full right to appeal but I didn't the stress was too much when I got to naija.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:34am On Oct 31, 2013
ayos82:

No my surname is not on the BC,the registry said I have to be there in person.my removal was because I'm overstayer,but even before that I made an application of EEA which home office turn down.finally I put in another patnership application with my woman,home office claim that I was not in any relationship that the reason why I made that application is to fraustrate removal.but the architect of everything is my solicitor wasn't too good not active enough all his after was money money.although they gave me full right to appeal but I didn't the stress was too much when I got to naija.

This is one fight you are not going to win unless you get married to her, without your name on his birth certificate and you are not in the UK when he was born plus the issue of removal, your chances of getting any meaningful result is remote.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2013
justwise:

Are you British citizen or hold permanent resident paper?

Hi justwise,thanks for your response,sorry i skipped that part, although I was born here in the UK in 1983, but was affected by the then Margaret Thatcher law,however I am not a British citizen,but a carer to a British citizen (my brother)with disability,I've been his carer since 2009, ive also not breached my immigration history,I only applied for futher leave to remain as my brothers carer,that application was refused,but I was given the right of appeal,appeal date is slated for 3rd Jan 2014(my husband is eager to see us and return back) hence his application to visit us. Please be honest with me,what is best to do. Wait for my own appeal here to come and go before he visits(how sad)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2013
babyscot:

Hi justwise,thanks for your response,sorry i skipped that part, although I was born here in the UK in 1983, but was affected by the then Margaret Thatcher law,however I am not a British citizen,but a carer to a British citizen (my brother)with disability,I've been his carer since 2009, ive also not breached my immigration history,I only applied for futher leave to remain as my brothers carer,that application was refused,but I was given the right of appeal,appeal date is slated for 3rd Jan 2014(my husband is eager to see us and return back) hence his application to visit us. Please be honest with me,what is best to do. Wait for my own appeal here to come and go before he visits(how sad)

When you came into the UK what sort of visa did you come in with? Or you have been living here since that 1983?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 9:01am On Oct 31, 2013
justwise:

When you came into the UK what sort of visa did you come in with? Or you have been living here since that 1983?

Hi justwise,many thanks,after my birth in 1983,my parents returned in 85,only my brother who was born in 1981 has a british passport. However I came on a students visa in 2009, finished my masters programme,applied for two years post study visa then,and was granted,before the end of my post study visa I applied to remain as a carer to my brother living with a severe learning disability.(my hearing slated for 4th Jan 2014)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.