Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983505 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Parry1978(m): 2:26pm On May 28, 2012
Hello all!

I applied for a Uk visa(Tourist) on the 27 April and i was refused visa. The kreason for the visa refusal, was that N550,000 was deposited into my bank account on the 23rd April.

The ECO stated that, he is not sure the money belong to me. The money is mine, i actaually withdraw it from my GTB AND SKYEBank and deposited into the Diamond bank accont statement submitted. I only submitted 1 account statement not to confuse them with many acct detail.

Now that i have been refused, and i have proof that the money is actually mine. WHAT SHOULD I DO.

I worked with One of the Big 4 telecoms in the country and i only wanted to visit the UK as part of my annual leave.

thanks all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:24pm On May 28, 2012
Parry1978: Hello all!

I applied for a Uk visa(Tourist) on the 27 April and i was refused visa. The kreason for the visa refusal, was that N550,000 was deposited into my bank account on the 23rd April.

The ECO stated that, he is not sure the money belong to me. The money is mine, i actaually withdraw it from my GTB AND SKYEBank and deposited into the Diamond bank accont statement submitted. I only submitted 1 account statement not to confuse them with many acct detail.
You made a mistake for depositing the N550.000 into your account; that action is called "Money Lodgement" which is an express ground for visa refusal. Read the visa refusal letter carefully and you would see that the ECO did not refuse your application because "he is not sure" that the money belongs to you, rather for the fact that you committed a violation known as money lodgement (you deposited lump sum of money into an account which apparently stood in isolation) for presentation purpose.

Parry1978: Now that i have been refused, and i have proof that the money is actually mine. WHAT SHOULD I DO.
Like i explained, the ownership of the fund is irrelevant, so proving that the money belongs to you would be a waste of time; this particular account does not meet the requirement of an acceptable bank statement so, you can not apply for a visa with it.
This is how it works: an acceptable bank statement must have up to 6 months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Parry1978(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2012
@vicjusice! Thanks for the comment. So what can i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:36pm On May 29, 2012
Parry1978: @vicjusice! Thanks for the comment. So what can i do?
"Sew your coat according to your size"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 4:07pm On May 29, 2012
Good day. Kindly assist wit dis UK visa enquiry. Will one million nairaland statement be enough for tourist visa for me,my wife and our 9month baby for 1 week holiday?
I travelled last year on a 6months visa and wish to apply for a 2yrs for me and 6 months for my wife and baby. I had all d necessary documents from my office as well as landed documents etc; everything I used last year but updated now. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Parry1978(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2012
@Vicjustice: what do you mean by "Sew your coat according to your size" What am saying here is that, can i re-apply with another clean bank statement. And if i do, wont i need to explain the reason for refusal and defend that. with all these, what are my chances in getting a VISA. Thanks for being there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:02pm On May 29, 2012
Parry1978: What am saying here is that, can i re-apply with another clean bank statement.
I explained in my previous post the kind of bank account that meets the requirement of a presentable statement; so, observe the conditions and see whether this new account with "another clean bank statement" qualifies as such.
This is how it works: an acceptable bank statement must have up to 6 months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip

Parry1978: And if i do, wont i need to explain the reason for refusal and defend that. with all these, what are my chances in getting a VISA. Thanks for being there.
The chance is, the Visa Officer might consider the desperation that you have shown in your previous application (in that you made that money lodgement in an attempt to by-pass the financial requirement), but it may be understood that you did that in ignorance; therefore, i am of the opinion that except there are some (other) deception involved in the failed attempt, your new application should be treated in its own merit (meaning, this refusal is not supposed to have any negative impact in your future application).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by laserboy(m): 1:00am On May 30, 2012
justwise:

That means you can't use your business account or mention that you run a business in your application. Owning a business would have given you a stronger chance of getting a visa because its a strong Tie-to-Nigeria.

Now as a married man with a child earning 67k.[/b]a month with 600K in the bank, the ECO will see it as unwise to spend 400k on a trip to the UK in just under [b]5days, how long will it take you to save that much in Nigeria and of what benefit is the trip to you.. . . if this is a business trip then it makes a lot of sense to spend that much knowing fully well that you stand a chance of recovering that money plus profit.

I don't think you stand a great chance of getting a visa. . . this is just my personal opinion, i could be wrong surely.
What if I pay all my tax arears, will that be accepted and what is it about my two employees, is the number not good enough? What would u advise as solution to this? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mekaboy(m): 1:19am On May 30, 2012
Vicjustice:

THE YOUNG MAN IN QUESTION RECEIVES AT LEAST 200K MONTHLY FROM HIS FAMILY,THIS IS HIS PERCENTAGE FROM FAMILY ESTATE (PROPERTY RENTALS). I SUPPOSE HE HAS TO PRESENT DOCUMENTS OF FAMILY PROPERTIES THAT GENERATE HIS MONTHLY INCOME.

I APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE,WHICH ENABLES ME OFFER ADVICE TO MY CLIENTS AS WELL .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by laserboy(m): 8:09am On May 30, 2012
@ Vicjustice, and Justwise. Could u guys please advise me on my last post here please. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by laserboy(m): 8:10am On May 30, 2012
laserboy: What if I pay all my tax arears, will that be accepted and what is it about my two employees, is the number not good enough? What would u advise as solution to this? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by laserboy(m): 8:14am On May 30, 2012
justwise:

That means you can't use your business account or mention that you run a business in your application. Owning a business would have given you a stronger chance of getting a visa because its a strong Tie-to-Nigeria.

Now as a married man with a child earning 67k.[/b]a month with 600K in the bank, the ECO will see it as unwise to spend 400k on a trip to the UK in just under [b]5days, how long will it take you to save that much in Nigeria and of what benefit is the trip to you.. . . if this is a business trip then it makes a lot of sense to spend that much knowing fully well that you stand a chance of recovering that money plus profit.

I don't think you stand a great chance of getting a visa. . . this is just my personal opinion, i could be wrong surely.
laserboy: What if I pay all my tax arears, will that be accepted and what is it about my two employees, is the number not good enough? What would u advise as solution to this? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:17am On May 30, 2012
mekaboy:

THE YOUNG MAN IN QUESTION RECEIVES AT LEAST 200K MONTHLY FROM HIS FAMILY,THIS IS HIS PERCENTAGE FROM FAMILY ESTATE (PROPERTY RENTALS). I SUPPOSE HE HAS TO PRESENT DOCUMENTS OF FAMILY PROPERTIES THAT GENERATE HIS MONTHLY INCOME.

I APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE,WHICH ENABLES ME OFFER ADVICE TO MY CLIENTS AS WELL .

Your last sentence clearly shows that you are a visa agent right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:19am On May 30, 2012
laserboy: laserboy: What if I pay all my tax arears, will that be accepted and what is it about my two employees, is the number not good enough? What would u advise as solution to this? Thanks.

Pay ur tax arears and include your business and the account to your visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:39am On May 30, 2012
@Vicjustice

My apologies for deleting/hiding that post you responded to, i know that sometimes visa agents use the info we give here for their own business but when it becomes clearly obvious that we are not helping the right people then something has to be done.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by laserboy(m): 9:19am On May 30, 2012
justwise: @Vicjustice

My apologies for deleting/hiding that post you responded to, i know that sometimes visa agents use the info we give here for their own business but when it becomes clearly obvious that we are not helping the right people then something has to be done.
Then how do u help the right people when the info cant reach them??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by laserboy(m): 9:20am On May 30, 2012
justwise:

Pay ur tax arears and include your business and the account to your visa application
Thank you Justwise for ur assistance, i'll do just that ASAP!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by laserboy(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by laserboy(m): 9:34am On May 30, 2012
justwise:

what about my two employess? Is that acceptable since what the get paid is commission and not salary because that is not linked to my company or personal account!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:16am On May 30, 2012
laserboy: Dear all, please i need genuine and helpful advice from u all: I am planning to apply for a UK tourist visa anytime soon. I am employed as a salesperson and currently earn 67k as salary/month. I have been working with my current employer for 4 years now. I also have a registered company of my own which was registered in 2010. I have a bank account for this my company with my wife and myself as signatories to this act. I have a salary acct and also mantain a personal savings acct. I currently have up 600k in my personal savings act and about 500k in my business act. In applying for the tourist visa, pls advice which of these act statements should i include in my application? And what other surpporting docus do i need to attach. I intend spending just 6 days in the UK. I am married and have a child, no properties and no personal car exept for my official car given to me by my office. Thanks all! VICJUSTICE AND JUSTWISE PLS RESPOND!!!
Though it is ok to present your company's account as proof of obligation to return to Nigeria for, but you can not use such company's account as proof of financial capability for visa application, the fund in the company's account would be considered unavailable for your use.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by paramajit: 1:46pm On May 30, 2012
I WANT TO APPLY FOR UK VISITING VISA...I JUST WANT TO KNOW MY CHANCE BECAUSE I WAS ONCE A STUDENT IN UK IN ONE OF THE COLLEGE AND I CAME HOME 2010.
NOW I WANT TO APPLY FOR VISITING VISA.
I DIDN'T OVER STAY MY VISA AND I LEFT ON DEC 26 2010 WHILE THE VISA EXPIRED 31 2011 THEN AM ALREADY IN NIGERIA.
SO NOW I WANT TO APPLY FOR VISITING VISA AND I WANT TO KNOW MY CHANCES OF OBTAINING A VISIT VISA SINCE I DIDN'T OVER STAY IN MY PREVIOUS VISIT AND I ONLY WORKED FOR A WEEK WHEN I WAS IN UK.
ALSO WILL I BE GIVING A 6MONTHS VISA VISITING VISA OR 2YEARS VISITING VISA ...
REGARDS TO MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mekaboy(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2012
justwise:

Your last sentence clearly shows that you are a visa agent right?
NOT A VISA AGENT BUT OFFER ADVICE TO PEOPLE IN AREAS OF STUDY TRAVEL ETC .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by paramajit: 2:31pm On May 30, 2012
@JUSTWISE .....PLEASE NEED YOUR ADVISE ON THIS.....
I WANT TO APPLY FOR UK VISITING VISA...I JUST WANT TO KNOW MY CHANCE BECAUSE I WAS ONCE A STUDENT IN UK IN ONE OF THE COLLEGE AND I CAME HOME 2010.
I DIDN'T OVER STAY MY VISA AND I LEFT ON DEC 26 2010 WHILE THE VISA EXPIRED 31 2011 THEN AM ALREADY IN NIGERIA.
SO NOW I WANT TO APPLY FOR VISITING VISA AND I WANT TO KNOW MY CHANCES OF OBTAINING A VISIT VISA SINCE I DIDN'T OVER STAY IN MY PREVIOUS VISIT AND I ONLY WORKED FOR A WEEK WHEN I WAS IN UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 3:20pm On May 30, 2012
Dear Justwise, VicJustice, kindly help wit this quote question abeg. thanks
beejaybida: Good day. Kindly assist wit dis UK visa enquiry. Will one million nairaland statement be enough for tourist visa for me,my wife and our 9month baby for 1 week holiday?
I travelled last year on a 6months visa and wish to apply for a 2yrs for me and 6 months for my wife and baby. I had all d necessary documents from my office as well as landed documents etc; everything I used last year but updated now. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:32pm On May 30, 2012
beejaybida: Dear Justwise, VicJustice, kindly help wit this quote question abeg. thanks

One million should be enough but don't forget to break it down for the ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:34pm On May 30, 2012
paramajit: @JUSTWISE .....PLEASE NEED YOUR ADVISE ON THIS.....

Apply for 6months visa, you should be fine if you met the requirements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by paramajit: 3:46pm On May 30, 2012
@ JUSTWISE THANKS....
I WILL BE SUMMITTING MY APPLICATION IN 3WEEKS TIME AND WILL UPDATE YOU...
I THINK THE COLLECTION AFTER APPLYING STILL 15 DAYS AFTER SUBMISSION?
REGARDS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:20pm On May 30, 2012
paramajit: @ JUSTWISE THANKS....
I WILL BE SUMMITTING MY APPLICATION IN 3WEEKS TIME AND WILL UPDATE YOU...
I THINK THE COLLECTION AFTER APPLYING STILL 15 DAYS AFTER SUBMISSION?
REGARDS

Not really, it could take longer or less than 15days, it all depends on how busy they are and if your application is straight fordward one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.