Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981627 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 1:05pm On May 08, 2012
Hello People,
My brother intends to go visit his wife studying in the UK this summer, We are really confused on the application for to use. Some have advised that we use Vaf1b-Family visit but I'm of the opinion that vaf1a-General visitor should be used since his wife isnt a UK permanent residence and also he will be staying at a hotel since she resides in the school hostel. Kindly advice.

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:24am On May 09, 2012
justwise:

How can you embark on foreign trip or host a visitor if you got no money? How will convince the ECO that you can afford the trip or afford to host somebody?
Thank you. The host doesn't ve a problem with documents as she even mentioned them in the IV. To be frank here, my friend don't have business registration certificate, tax clearance certificate and business account. His kind of business doesn't demand for it. He is a hustler. He set up a small shop with cd renting, phone repairing, browsing e.t.c. Please how can he get those documents from a reliable and cheap agent? How much will these documents cost together? Abeg reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:16am On May 09, 2012
Eawealth: Thank you. The host doesn't ve a problem with documents as she even mentioned them in the IV. To be frank here, my friend don't have business registration certificate, tax clearance certificate and business account. His kind of business doesn't demand for it. He is a hustler. He set up a small shop with cd renting, phone repairing, browsing e.t.c. Please how can he get those documents from a reliable and cheap agent? How much will these documents cost together? Abeg reply

You are asking the wrong person, i don't support dodgy activity like that and your friend will be walking towards 10yrs ban if he submits forged documents, no agent will give you original tax clearance, business registration certificate or business account. He will be wasting his money and time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:18am On May 09, 2012
lankywizar: Hello People,
My brother intends to go visit his wife studying in the UK this summer, We are really confused on the application for to use. Some have advised that we use Vaf1b-Family visit but I'm of the opinion that vaf1a-General visitor should be used since his wife isnt a UK permanent residence and also he will be staying at a hotel since she resides in the school hostel. Kindly advice.

Regards

Use family visit form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tiote4: 12:59pm On May 09, 2012
Pls justwise, my brother who is under 18 is applyin 4 a family visit visa to our dad who is a british citizen and in the uk. He graduated frm secondary sch in 2010. What document wuld b best to show his personal circumstance in nigeria.pls reply on here or in my email ... Ik.aramah@yahoo.com .thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tiote4: 1:56am On May 10, 2012
Tiote4: Pls justwise, my brother who is under 18 is applyin 4 a family visit visa to our dad who is a british citizen and in the uk. He graduated frm secondary sch in 2010. What document wuld b best to show his personal circumstance in nigeria.pls reply on here or in my email ... Ik.aramah@yahoo.com .thanks
Tiote4: Pls justwise, my brother who is under 18 is applyin 4 a family visit visa to our dad who is a british citizen and in the uk. He graduated frm secondary sch in 2010. What document wuld b best to show his personal circumstance in nigeria.pls reply on here or in my email ... Ik.aramah@yahoo.com .thanks
justwise i am still waiting 4 ur reply, pls its urgent. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:59am On May 10, 2012
justwise:

You are asking the wrong person, i don't support dodgy activity like that and your friend will be walking towards 10yrs ban if he submits forged documents, no agent will give you original tax clearance, business registration certificate or business account. He will be wasting his money and time.
Please don't take offence and hence why am here to learn. I hate supporting people cut corners myself. He claim to have worked in a private school 4 years ago with a monthly salary of 10,000k. In this case, what can he do? From the look of things, will this trip be successful or not? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 11:42am On May 10, 2012
Eawealth: Please don't take offence and hence why am here to learn. I hate supporting people cut corners myself. He claim to have worked in a private school 4 years ago with a monthly salary of 10,000k. In this case, what can he do? From the look of things, will this trip be successful or not? Thanks

He earns a salary of 10,000 naira a month and wants to travel to UK? Tell him not to bother as he won't be given a visa. Can the 10k cover his feeding alone for the month not to mention other expenses such as accommodation, medical, etc. He should get his priorities straight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:23pm On May 10, 2012
Eawealth: Please don't take offence and hence why am here to learn. I hate supporting people cut corners myself. He claim to have worked in a private school 4 years ago with a monthly salary of 10,000k. In this case, what can he do? From the look of things, will this trip be successful or not? Thanks

I'm not offended by any means.

He should concentrate in improving his financial situation, it will be almost impossible for him to be issue a visa at the moment, he doesn't have strong tie to Nigeria, no investment, not financially stable. It will be waste of visa application fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 10, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 11, 2012
Hello @Justwise, the sponsor in the UK said in the IV boldly that "she will bear all responsibilities including but not limited to financial responsibilities, return air ticket fare to travel from Nigeria to Uk, travel expense within the UK, medical insurance, housing and food". I just saw the IV myself now. The IV will expire today. Please how do we go from here?. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:33pm On May 11, 2012
Eawealth: Hello @Justwise, the sponsor in the UK said in the IV boldly that "she will bear all responsibilities including but not limited to financial responsibilities, return air ticket fare to travel from Nigeria to Uk, travel expense within the UK, medical insurance, housing and food". I just saw the IV myself now. The IV will expire today. Please how do we go from here?. Thanks

Is your friend married with kids? Have property, car, good job?

Like i said before, your friend has to proof strong tie to Nigeria, something that will bring him back to Nigeria, not just saying it but showing proof. Even if the sponsor pays for everything he still need to proof that he has something very important in Nigeria that will push him to come back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pespes: 4:49pm On May 11, 2012
Hello All,

From Experience, How long does Tier 2 General dependant visa application take from Nigeria?

Your reply will be well appreciated

Many Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 11, 2012
justwise:

Is your friend married with kids? Have property, car, good job?

Like i said before, your friend has to proof strong tie to Nigeria, something that will bring him back to Nigeria, not just saying it but showing proof. Even if the sponsor pays for everything he still need to proof that he has something very important in Nigeria that will push him to come back.
Hmm I see, no no and no. No strong financial tie to Nigeria, no job, kids yet. Now with this your post, I am convince this guy must proof strong financial tie to his mother land even if his sponsor is taking all responsibilities. Na student visa better pass then... Thanks man.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekundayomi: 7:46pm On May 11, 2012
what is wrong with the USA section .. it says it hidden
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:12pm On May 19, 2012
ekundayomi: what is wrong with the USA section .. it says it hidden
Many posts have this issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 22, 2012
yooo my good people its been a while since i was here and was refused a uk visa due to negligence on my own side... Now i want to apply for tourist VISA and thios are the following document i have:
1. My passport
2. Letter of reference from my uni & citizenship grade
3. My 6mnths Bank statement about 170k
4. My sisters Bank statement about 1.3million
5. Letter of refernce from her bank.
6. Pictures(me and my sister)
7. Hotel booking for one month.
8. My flight booking
9. My course forms
10. My school Idcard
11. Evidence of all payment i have made to the school
12. My University results for the period
13. My land documents(c of o)
14.My shares documents and even dividend
15.Sponsorship Letter from my sister.
16.Power of attorney from my dad to my sister to manage his property(her evidence of funds)
17.Sworn affidavit from my dad to my sister
18.All tenancy aggremnt and other properties document i have submitted
19.Utility bill(PHCN)
20.Copy of her passport page.

Pls is there any other thing that is missing and pls i want honest answers about my chances because i don't want to be refused thrice it would hurt me bad
Thank you
God bless u all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 8:25am On May 23, 2012
@topsnet..
the info u posted isnt complete and contradictory...is ur sister in the uk?....1 month hotel accomodation and having 1.3m in ur sisters acct doesnt add up..stick to 7days or 10days max...are u working?...whats ur monthly income etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 23, 2012
My sister is in Nigeria and she manages my dads property and i dont understand what you mean by 7 or 10days
Am a student and receive money from my parents and shares
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shooqueen(f): 8:37pm On May 23, 2012
Hi I'm new to the site and need help my husband has been refused a UK settlement visa, we will be putting in an appeal but one of the reasons given was that my husband did not declare that he has previously been known by another ID (they gave a name and date of birth of someone old enough to be our nonexistent son)and have biometric details (fingerprints) of my husband held by west midlands police. This is just not possible there has been a mix up somewhere; we think my husband's biometric details have been allocated to someone else in the vac or immigration offices. Has anyone come across anything like this before? Has anyone got any ideas as to how we can get a copy of both sets of biometric details? Please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoTier1(m): 9:07pm On May 23, 2012
shooqueen: Hi I'm new to the site and need help my husband has been refused a UK settlement visa, we will be putting in an appeal but one of the reasons given was that my husband did not declare that he has previously been known by another ID (they gave a name and date of birth of someone old enough to be our nonexistent son)and have biometric details (fingerprints) of my husband held by west midlands police. This is just not possible there has been a mix up somewhere; we think my husband's biometric details have been allocated to someone else in the vac or immigration offices. Has anyone come across anything like this before? Has anyone got any ideas as to how we can get a copy of both sets of biometric details? Please help!
First, did your husband at any point in time have anything to do with the West midlands police? If yes, then He needs to start the clean up from there. If you appeal, the Judge will look at the facts presented by you& your husband and the HO Solicitors. Knowing how despicable the HO Solicitors are in their attempt to convince judges even with outright falsehood, then your best chance of winning to to get the miss-up (if any) by West midlands police cleared otherwise the Judge will rule on the evidence of facts before him or her!

I am sorry your case is one of the fears people expressed about UKBA/HO's ability to handle biometric data and many more people are already having their finger print mixed up without them knowing!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:10pm On May 23, 2012
shooqueen: Hi I'm new to the site and need help my husband has been refused a UK settlement visa, we will be putting in an appeal but one of the reasons given was that my husband did not declare that he has previously been known by another ID (they gave a name and date of birth of someone old enough to be our nonexistent son)and have biometric details (fingerprints) of my husband held by west midlands police. This is just not possible there has been a mix up somewhere; we think my husband's biometric details have been allocated to someone else in the vac or immigration offices. Has anyone come across anything like this before? Has anyone got any ideas as to how we can get a copy of both sets of biometric details? Please help!

This is strange one but could be sorted out, they need to tell you when the fingerprint was taken and where, then your husband can proof that he wasn't in that location at that time and date.

The case is this. . was your husband at midland police station on that day and time? If ur hubby can prove that he never gave his finger print to the police on that day and time then he will be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2012
topsnet: My sister is in Nigeria and she manages my dads property and i dont understand what you mean by 7 or 10days
Am a student and receive money from my parents and shares

Do you work or study?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoTier1(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2012
topsnet: yooo my good people its been a while since i was here and was refused a uk visa due to negligence on my own side... Now i want to apply for tourist VISA and thios are the following document i have:
1. My passport
2. Letter of reference from my uni & citizenship grade
3. My 6mnths Bank statement about 170k
4. My sisters Bank statement about 1.3million
5. Letter of refernce from her bank.
6. Pictures(me and my sister)
7. Hotel booking for one month.
8. My flight booking
9. My course forms
10. My school Idcard
11. Evidence of all payment i have made to the school
12. My University results for the period
13. My land documents(c of o)
14.My shares documents and even dividend
15.Sponsorship Letter from my sister.
16.Power of attorney from my dad to my sister to manage his property(her evidence of funds)
17.Sworn affidavit from my dad to my sister
18.All tenancy aggremnt and other properties document i have submitted
19.Utility bill(PHCN)
20.Copy of her passport page.

Pls is there any other thing that is missing and pls i want honest answers about my chances because i don't want to be refused thrice it would hurt me bad
Thank you
God bless u all
You are almost there except for the HOTEL! Let me explain better what the previous poster was trying to draw your attention to; An average low cost Hotel in the UK per night is about £35 per night. Multiply that by 30 days and then convert it to your sister's 1.3M Naira and you will suddenly realize you are giving the ECO the weapon to shot down your flying kite!

Any sensible individual would conclude that you cannot afford to spend virtually all of your sister's 1.3M Naira on this trip hence you do not have sufficient fund to sustain yourself - which may give the ECO the red flag that you'r possible an escapee! So why not put in a 10 days or two weeks hotel booking, and apply for 6months visas? Then when you d oyour sums, you would have sufficient money left for your flight, feeding and shopping!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tiebe: 9:31pm On May 23, 2012
Hello! please i have an odd question to ask. . . i know its probably silly but i know the uk embassy can b quite funny sometimes. . . i've always applied for uk visa through abuja but due some some reasons, i'm more likely to apply through lagos this time. i've always got my visa, but i have this silly feeling that applying from a different place will some how result in a refusal. is this my concern completely unfounded?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoTier1(m): 11:02pm On May 23, 2012
ti-ebe:
Hello! please i have an odd question to ask. . . i know its probably silly but i know the uk embassy can b quite funny sometimes. . . i've always applied for uk visa through abuja but due some some reasons, i'm more likely to apply through lagos this time. i've always got my visa, but i have this silly feeling that applying from a different place will some how result in a refusal. is this my concern completely unfounded?
It does not matter where you apply. UKBA process certain visas in Abuja and all others in Lagos. So whether you apply in Lagos or Abuja makes no difference. If you go to the website of the Agency that does the application processing on behalf of UKBA in Nigeria, they tell you on there where your visas will be processed. I rather would spend my time making sure I get my documents prepared inline with the high standards and requirement of the UK immigration rules and ensure I use genuine documents than worry about where my application is processed! Whether you submit in Ghana or in Nigeria, if your application falls fouls of the rules, the ECO will deny you the visas! I know people who have applied in Lagos for years and they always get their visas so long as their documents are in order!

So worry not and keep your document intact and fill out the form with consistency in information provided now and in the past and be truthful, honest and sincere in your reasons stated in your application form!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shooqueen(f): 11:45pm On May 23, 2012
justwise:

This is strange one but could be sorted out, they need to tell you when the fingerprint was taken and where, then your husband can proof that he wasn't in that location at that time and date.

The case is this. . was your husband at midland police station on that day and time? If ur hubby can prove that he never gave his finger print to the police on that day and time then he will be fine

We know that the fingerprints were taken over six years ago and my husband lived in the north of the UK then (over 100 miles away form the area) but to prove he was not there is going to be impossible, we would have better luck in having his biometric data re-done and sent to the uk to be checked by the west midlands police. Do you know where he could do this, he lives in Abuja. Closer would be better as we have little time we only just recived the refusal of entry yesterday but it has a refusal date of the 10.05.12 on it. Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shooqueen(f): 11:50pm On May 23, 2012
Sorry one more thing. Do you know if the UKBA checks the fingerprints they take at the VAC or do they send them to the UK to check and if they are checked in Nigeria how do we get a copy of the results?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:27am On May 24, 2012
shooqueen: Sorry one more thing. Do you know if the UKBA checks the fingerprints they take at the VAC or do they send them to the UK to check and if they are checked in Nigeria how do we get a copy of the results?

The fingerprint is stored in central database that is accessible by immigration or UK law enforcement agencies anywhere, the police or the immigration can check it with hand-held device even on the street.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.