Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982066 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 12:54am On Oct 31, 2014
stevecrun:
Good day,people!!
Please,I'd like to know if I need a transit visa while waiting for my connecting flight at Manchester international Airport.

I have a USA student visa,with my visa can I leave the airport cause I have a long long wait at the airport in Manchester..I will arrive by 12.45pm in Manchester and wait till 11am the following day for my connecting flight to New York.

I hope to get candid replies.

Hi,
I think you may wanna read more about the "transit without visa concession" thingy. You can do an assessment via https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa so you get prepped incase the ECO requires further info on your onward journey. smiley
Hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Hi,
I think you may wanna read more about the "transit without visa concession" thingy. You can do an assessment via https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa so you get prepped incase the ECO requires further info on your onward journey. smiley
Hope this helps.
Thanks bro..I'd sure do that now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tosine25: 7:52am On Oct 31, 2014
Hello, I applied for UK Family visit visa ( 3 of us) and I received 2 emails yesterday saying,
=========<<

Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.

=========<<

Pls, does dz mean they've proccesed the 3 passport or they still working on one of the passport because 3 passport was submitted in the same folder and when dy first mailed, 3 email was sent to notify that our application is received and now that da decision has been made, they one send two email to notify me. + teleperfomarnce is yet to update dre website.

Am worried and dz got me thinking in different ways.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tboz1981: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2014
pls house, I just noticed that the original letter
from my sponsor (coy) for my uk trip is with me
while the photocopy is with them.
What do I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
DisGuy:

1; it's their perogative unfortunately

2; try not to spend more than 90 days, perhaps you should make a (stronger) case for long term visa when applying the next time

Pls is the uk embassy in nigeria here currently having a break till 4 of november?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
tosine25:

Hello, I applied for UK Family visit visa ( 3 of us) and I received 2 emails yesterday saying,
=========<<

Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.

=========<<

Pls, does dz mean they've proccesed the 3 passport or they still working on one of the passport because 3 passport was submitted in the same folder and when dy first mailed, 3 email was sent to notify that our application is received and now that da decision has been made, they one send two email to notify me. + teleperfomarnce is yet to update dre website.

Am worried and dz got me thinking in different ways.

its process together usually, wait for your documents to confirm details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
obipyper:

Pls is the uk embassy in nigeria here currently having a break till 4 of november?

I wouldnt know...you can contact them via email or phone call
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
DisGuy:

I wouldnt know...you can contact them via email or phone call

Pls how much can I book an appointment or the online fee for uk visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 7:59am On Nov 03, 2014
obipyper:

$530 I think
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2014
obipyper:

It depends on the type of visa you are applying for.check their site.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Elao12: 10:41am On Nov 03, 2014
Hello house. I'm new here, please I need an urgent answer to my question. I made an application for UK visiting visa to visit my fiance who sent me an invite and other necessary documents on d 16th Oct n I got a mail asking me to come for pick up. I earn 27,999 monthly and I live with my parents,I told them I was going to spend £1,600 and this cash is the total of my money available to me for d trip and it also includes the money my fiance would add.I have bout #523,000 in my account n I specifically mentioned dt my personal cash for d trip was #300,00 and that my fiance would take care of my living expenses and accommodation for the 2weeks holiday.now they refused me the visa when I stated everything for them saying they do not find my level of expenditure for the sole purpose of a holiday to be reasonable, plausible or proportional to my stated economic circumstances, that in view of my level of income and savings in Nigeria. That they are not satisfied dt i hv demonstrated that my circumstances are such that will ensure I leave the UK at the end of my stay, nor are they satisfied I can or intend to maintain and accommodate myself adequately without resource to public funds or undertake employment or that I would be able to meet cost of return or onward journey. Mind u I provided my statement of account n pay slip even my fiance sent his as well.Just wondering Y I was refused a visa wen all they asked for was provided n I didn't lie bout my income. I want to go for an appeal though they said my right of appeal is limited.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2014
Elao12:
Hello house. I'm new here, I want to go for an appeal though they said my right of appeal is limited.
It is a shame that you did not read some sections on here before applying.
Ok to explain a few things
Limited right of appeal is UK way of saying that you can not appeal (confusing isn't it.)
Simply you want to spend all your funds on a visit to your fiance.
This means that you have very little to make you return home, this makes you look like someone who will overstay.

You should not waste time and money on appeal.
You should wait some time and get your ties to home sorted out then apply again.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 03, 2014
obipyper:

Hi house good day

Pls my brother was refused the family visit uk visa he applied with me and my other brother + my dad making it (4) people unfortunately for us my dad was the only one given the visa , they denied my brother cause he didn't state the sch documents as he stated he was in a sch in Nigeria , so now we are reapplying for him alone so he travel with my dad just the 2 of them , given that we have gotten all the whole sch documents he needs ... Cause that was the main reason they refused him , please what do anyone think bout this and us there any chance of them refusing it again cause I feel he should get the visa now ASAP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Elao12: 11:25am On Nov 03, 2014
I'm a civil servant and was granted leave for the proposed period of travel. I was given an introductory letter n leave grant letter which I attached as well.I wasn't going to spend my entire savings on the trip and I explained that on the blank page provide for additional information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Elao12: 11:30am On Nov 03, 2014
And please how long do I have to wait to make another application and how much do I need to hv in my savings too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Elao12: 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
@justwise pls answer my questions. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mrskashif: 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]hello everyone..I found this forum really helping.thanks to all of you.well I am from Pakistan and mum of a girl n am pregnant.I am llooking for a sponsor to visit uk but have nobody to sponsor.I have heard people overthere take money and can sponsor me .is it true? In da case how much?and another thing is I am visiting because I wana apply for assyulum because my hubby attempt to kill me twicely.I am horrified.I wana go uk as soon as possible to save my kids and mine life.help me plz
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
mrskashif:
[color=#006600][/color]hello everyone..I found this forum really helping.thanks to all of you.well I am from Pakistan and mum of a girl n am pregnant.I am llooking for a sponsor to visit uk but have nobody to sponsor.I have heard people overthere take money and can sponsor me .is it true? In da case how much?and another thing is I am visiting because I wana apply for assyulum because my hubby attempt to kill me twicely.I am horrified.I wana go uk as soon as possible to save my kids and mine life.help me plz

If your life is in danger than contact NGOs operating in Pakistan or British embassy there, no strange can sponsor you to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Elao12:
Hello house. I'm new here, please I need an urgent answer to my question. I made an application for UK visiting visa to visit my fiance who sent me an invite and other necessary documents on d 16th Oct n I got a mail asking me to come for pick up. I earn 27,999 monthly and I live with my parents,I told them I was going to spend £1,600 and this cash is the total of my money available to me for d trip and it also includes the money my fiance would add.I have bout #523,000 in my account n I specifically mentioned dt my personal cash for d trip was #300,00 and that my fiance would take care of my living expenses and accommodation for the 2weeks holiday.now they refused me the visa when I stated everything for them saying they do not find my level of expenditure for the sole purpose of a holiday to be reasonable, plausible or proportional to my stated economic circumstances, that in view of my level of income and savings in Nigeria. That they are not satisfied dt i hv demonstrated that my circumstances are such that will ensure I leave the UK at the end of my stay, nor are they satisfied I can or intend to maintain and accommodate myself adequately without resource to public funds or undertake employment or that I would be able to meet cost of return or onward journey. Mind u I provided my statement of account n pay slip even my fiance sent his as well.Just wondering Y I was refused a visa wen all they asked for was provided n I didn't lie bout my income. I want to go for an appeal though they said my right of appeal is limited.

Your salary is not good enough to act as your tie to Nigeria, even as your fiance is prepared to pay some of the cost you still have to proof that you have something strong enough in Nigeria to persuade you to come back.

Your economic situation is in question here.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 1:20am On Nov 04, 2014
Hello to the great men of wisdom here.....I'm kinda worried here in the uk that my next uk visa application might be affect as i haved stayed more than the 2weeks mentioned in my first application, though i plan to return back to the great 9ja b4 expiration date of my visa...any insight into this.? i hope it doesnt pose any issues 4 me on next application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 9:11am On Nov 04, 2014
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience applying for a UK visa from outside nigeria as a student. My sis wants to renew her UK visa like urgently for the Christmas holidays. And we were just wondering if she could use her own bank statements, like have the sponsor (dad) transfer the money to her us bank account. And she'll state that on the form that he transferred the money for her travel to her.

Or we send the nigerian bank account to her? We were just thinking we can't do the latter since the UK embassy in the us can't verify the nigerian account from their end. So she might not get the visa?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tagtee: 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
‎Hello guys. I'm new here, a bit low and angry writing this. I got this refusal of entry clearance just yesterday.

I had actually gone to the collection center with high hopes only to get this shocker of a refusal. I was of the opinion that my documentation was sufficient for the purpose of the visa application.

Some lady asked me to go for a review after I got the refusal and that I could supply any missing documents to the review officer. However, she wasn't willing to take me through the process unless I came to her office for consultations first. Fair enough.

My questions now are:

1. Should I even be going for a review (judging by the negative views and opinions I have been reading on nairaland about visa reviews/appeal)?
2. If the answer is yes (I should go for a review), what are the chances of success and how long will it take?
3. What's the best choice between going for a review and/or doing a fresh application? How long before a fresh application (if this is the best option)?

I'm not really gong-ho about going to the UK. Just feel the reason given by the ECO for the refusal is rather too flimsy and/or condescending. I have read on this forum about all the gurus on this subject matter, and I would really love to benefit from your wealth of experience.

Hoping for something good shortly.

Thks to you all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
tagtee:
‎Hello guys. I'm new here, a bit low and angry writing this. I got this refusal of entry clearance just yesterday.

I had actually gone to the collection center with high hopes only to get this shocker of a refusal. I was of the opinion that my documentation was sufficient for the purpose of the visa application.

Some lady asked me to go for a review after I got the refusal and that I could supply any missing documents to the review officer. However, she wasn't willing to take me through the process unless I came to her office for consultations first. Fair enough.

My questions now are:

1. Should I even be going for a review (judging by the negative views and opinions I have been reading on nairaland about visa reviews/appeal)?
2. If the answer is yes (I should go for a review), what are the chances of success and how long will it take?
3. What's the best choice between going for a review and/or doing a fresh application? How long before a fresh application (if this is the best option)?

I'm not really gong-ho about going to the UK. Just feel the reason given by the ECO for the refusal is rather too flimsy and/or condescending. I have read on this forum about all the gurus on this subject matter, and I would really love to benefit from your wealth of experience.

Hoping for something good shortly.

Thks to you all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

1.What sort of bank statement did you submit? Online print out?

2. We're you salaries going directly to your bank account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
blessedfavoured:
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience applying for a UK visa from outside nigeria as a student. My sis wants to renew her UK visa like urgently for the Christmas holidays. And we were just wondering if she could use her own bank statements, like have the sponsor (dad) transfer the money to her us bank account. And she'll state that on the form that he transferred the money for her travel to her.

Or we send the nigerian bank account to her? We were just thinking we can't do the latter since the UK embassy in the us can't verify the nigerian account from their end. So she might not get the visa?
Thank you.

Is you sister a student in US? And is she under 18 years of age?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
justwise:

Is you sister a student in US? And is she under 18 years of age?

Yes she's a student in the us. She's 18 years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
blessedfavoured:

Yes she's a student in the us. She's 18 years.

Ok, your dad can sponsor her with his bank statement, is she going to visit a family friend in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
justwise:

Ok, your dad can sponsor her with his bank statement, is she going to visit a family friend in the UK?

Thanks justwise, she'll be visiting my aunt.
Do you think she can use my dads nigerian bank statement, or should he transfer the money to her account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Amosiye: 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
Oga justwise. Pls ur presence is need here. https://www.nairaland.com/1067797/traveling-ireland-dublin-etc/3#27720582.. Thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
blessedfavoured:

Thanks justwise, she'll be visiting my aunt.
Do you think she can use my dads nigerian bank statement, or should he transfer the money to her account?

Transfer the money into her account for easy verification
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
Amosiye:
Oga justwise. Pls ur presence is need here. https://www.nairaland.com/1067797/traveling-ireland-dublin-etc/3#27720582.. Thanks boss

You have been given more than enough info in that thread, I can't do more than they have done.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
justwise:

Transfer the money into her account for easy verification

Thank you.
Will update when we get a decision.

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.