Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982007 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Classicalmusic: 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
worry359:

If she is going to visit a personal friend then UKBA will want to know why a company would pay for that.
Company bank accounts are for buisness not personal.
She must answer this.
She's been so fantastic in this company and so, the boss himself decided to sponsor her for a trip. Or should the manager use his own personal account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
misszionboo:
Ok. Thanks much. Please do u knw how much. 2yrs visa cost now.

Including all charges - £325.00
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifax(f): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
misszionboo:
Ok. Thanks much. Please do u knw how much. 2yrs visa cost now.

It's $513. It's charged in usd
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
Classicalmusic:
@Justwise, how're you doing? Is previous travel history important for someone who is applying for UK Visa? Also, how's the invitation letter gonna be? She wants to apply for UK General Visitor Visa and the company she works would take care of her bill but her friend in the UK would send the invitation letter. Is this okay? Does she have any chance in terms of procuring the visa?

No serious company pays for such holiday, company will not pay for your holiday, you pay with your holiday allowance. Saying that her boss or company will pay will cast doubt to her application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
then wat options do u think i have
justwise:

That doesn't make sense when an adult of a working age is applying for visiting visa. You are expected to pay for the trip from your earning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobitee(f): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
justwise:

[/b]

If you read back few pages you will see answers to your questions.....regarding your kids school/holiday....if you can't wait for their holiday then make sure that their authorized the trip.

Anyway...list the documents you plan to submit.
Thanks a lot sir, I appreciate your quick responses. Actually I have started reading this page from the beginning and on page 30 or thereabout now. Although I have learnt a lot to aid a successful application. We haven't really concluded our list. Below are what I think we need. Pls correct where necessary.
My husband's personal act( he's the one sponsoring the trip)
His company act
Birth certificate
Company certificate of incorporation
9. Company past letters of contract awards.
Marriage certificate
Family pictures
Evidence of land
My own business registration papers and tax
Our nysc certificates
Evidence of cars
Letter of permission from d kids school
Hotel reservation
Airline booking
I guess that's all we gathered. Addition or subtraction will be welcomed.
Another important question: presently we are filling the online form for my husband in which he has included the three of us to accompany him. Is that all we need or we have to apply separately as 4 individuals.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2015
yeepa11:

Pls....to the Gurus,pls how else can I( self employed) proof more of my cash slip and invoice/receipt, when most of the money are paid into the bank at once after sales at d intervals of one week or days.

According to the refusal statement above, it seems the ECO want every receipt or transactions to point an arrow to every payment in the bank.....how on earth can that be possible......
This application process nah real WAEC.

Pls Vic & just kindly shed more light on how to go about this proof (thing).

For how long have you been saving those 7000+ pounds? Did u make a large sum of deposit (Money lodgement) into your account prior to application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Classicalmusic: 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
ifax:

It's $513. It's charged in usd
What about 6 months visa? @Justwise. Thanks for your response. Fortunately, I am making this inquiries on behalf of a friend.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 9:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
Applying visit visa in the next six month as self employed, I'm a sole proprietor, have a registered business, please can someone advice me or Guide me on how to start building my personal saving account? My income is not Fixed, it varies, but minimum of 150k per month or more, I deal with cash in my shop, I barely deal with bank transfer from customers, will highly appreciate it if someone experienced will help me on this, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yeepa11: 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
ulale:

For how long have you been saving those 7000+ pounds? Did u make a large sum of deposit (Money lodgement) into your account prior to application?

It's 3000 pound.
Since july.
No lodgement, just from range of 300,400,200,100.,i barely make withdrawals
And this is where my travel expenses will be deducted from.

Thank You
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 12:00am On Feb 03, 2015
yeepa11:

It's 3000 pound.
Since july.
No lodgement, just from range of 300,400,200,100.,i barely make withdrawals
And this is where my travel expenses will be deducted from.

Thank You

You should reapply and fully explain yourself in the space given in the application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by africanchild1(f): 11:12am On Feb 03, 2015
Hello Nairalanders.
This should be my first post ever since joining in 2005 or so. grin
I need the advise and help of experts as to applying for UK settlement visa. I have been married for almost two years now and have finally decided to join my husband in the uk. The problem we have now is not knowing how to go about the whole process.
Help a sister out please.
NOTE: we have all our documents but don't know which to post to Sheffield and which to take along to the VAC here in Lagos.
Also, where do I get the TB test and English test done.
@justwise @vicjustice and co, waiting on you all
Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by larrytoks: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
Please I've been having challenges making payment for my visa fees online, I've tried all the forms of payment listed but none was successful. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you resolve it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
africanchild1:
Hello Nairalanders.
This should be my first post ever since joining in 2005 or so. grin
I need the advise and help of experts as to applying for UK settlement visa. I have been married for almost two years now and have finally decided to join my husband in the uk. The problem we have now is not knowing how to go about the whole process.
Help a sister out please.
NOTE: we have all our documents but don't know which to post to Sheffield and which to take along to the VAC here in Lagos.
Also, where do I get the TB test and English test done.
@justwise @vicjustice and co, waiting on you all
Thanks all

You will get all the info here https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
justwise:

At least that is positive feedback, hopefully you will hear from them next week.
Hello @justwise. Thanks for your last response. My aunty is thinking of calling or writing the British high commission about my mum's application. She wants to ask them why it's taking too long and wants to also use that opportunity to let them know she has been the one always inviting her and also the sponsor (so far they said they are doing some standard checks on the application). Remember, she applied for a 5 year visit visa. Do you think this is a good move? Hope to read from you. Thanks always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
dalobaba:
Hello @justwise. Thanks for your last response. My aunty is thinking of calling or writing the British high commission about my mum's application. She wants to ask them why it's taking too long and wants to also use that opportunity to let them know she has been the one always inviting her and also the sponsor (so far they said they are doing some standard checks on the application). Remember, she applied for a 5 year visit visa. Do you think this is a good move? Hope to read from you. Thanks always

Sure she can, nothing wrong with that, its actually a good idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
larrytoks:
Please I've been having challenges making payment for my visa fees online, I've tried all the forms of payment listed but none was successful. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you resolve it?

use diamond bank visa atm card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nodawa(m): 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
Pls help me out on this.
somebody in the UK told my brother that He has applied 2Yrs residence visa for my brother in UK and it will take 2weeks to be out after that he would send it to him what my brother sent to him is data page of his passport. how possible could that be? and will the person appear at embassy again if it is truth.

and also which of document will my brother take along? Thank you my people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
nodawa:
Pls help me out on this.
somebody in the UK told my brother that He has applied 2Yrs residence visa for my brother in UK and it will take 2weeks to be out after that he would send it to him what my brother sent to him is data page of his passport. how possible could that be? and will the person appear at embassy again if it is truth.

and also which of document will my brother take along? Thank you my people.

Primary 1 scam

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2015
Hello House,

Please will it be okay to change hotel booking and dates, and increase total number of days by a few days? Please note that hotel will be different from the one filled out on the application.

Thanks so much!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nodawa(m): 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
Thanks so much
what really bother me is that firstly the man is white from USA working in UK as medical doctor and he didn't ask of anything which he even said he would pay for the ticket. and also said when my brother enters UK he would make sure he gets his stay within short period.

justwise:

Primary 1 scam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2015
nodawa:
Thanks so much
what really bother me is that firstly the man is white from USA working in UK as medical doctor and he didn't ask of anything which he even said he would pay for the ticket. and also said when my brother enters UK he would make sure he gets his stay within short period.

Where and how did your brother meet such questionable character?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
NittaJ:
Hello House,

Please will it be okay to change hotel booking and dates, and increase total number of days by a few days? Please note that hotel will be different from the one filled out on the application.

Thanks so much!

How many days did you state in your visa application form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
justwise:

How many days did you state in your visa application form?

9 days. However, I intend now to stay for 10 days but at a different hotel, not too far from the first, and at totally different dates
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:15am On Feb 04, 2015
NittaJ:
Hello House,
Thanks so much!
NittaJ:

9 days. However, I intend now to stay for 10 days but at a different hotel, not too far from the first, and at totally different dates
Changes of circumstance are acceptable if they are reasonable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 04, 2015
Vicjustice:

Changes of circumstance are acceptable if they are reasonable.

Thanks so much Vicjustice. I sincerely appreciate!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yeepa11: 8:29am On Feb 04, 2015
[quote author=ulale post=30374786][/quote]

@ ULALE
I am yet to apply.....
Just here for the first time to seek advise from the Gurus. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yeepa11: 8:47am On Feb 04, 2015
Good morning all,
Pls can anyone post the site where I can apply online for tourist visa application..

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 11:05am On Feb 04, 2015
Hello House,

After expiration of 6 months UK visa , can some reapply for another 6 months again instead of 2yrs ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
yeepa11:

@ ULALE
I am yet to apply.....
Just here for the first time to seek advise from the Gurus. Thanks

I'm waiting for them to respond to you, I'm having a similar case with you, though I'm yet to apply, I have every supporting document you stated you used, I thought I'll certainly get the visa with those documents then i bumped into your post, now it's making me nervous.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 2:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
wow, that was fast, submitted last friday.got this msg from the uk visa people, and my wifey also got the same message.

Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.

It appears we succeeded, going by past testimonies in the house!
so will likely go on Friday to pick up my visa/documents.
Thank God I didn't waste money paying for expedited visa,

IF I want to send some1 to help me collect it, is it possible?. apart from the collection slip and probably my passport data page, is there anyother thing I should give him?
I guess its too late to request for courier service?..I was thinking the visa would be ready next wk Friday or so, n had biz in lagos then embarassed embarassed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
shithapuns:
wow, that was fast, submitted last friday.got this msg from the uk visa people, and my wifey also got the same message.

Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.

It appears we succeeded, going by past testimonies in the house!
so will likely go on Friday to pick up my visa/documents.
Thank God I didn't waste money paying for expedited visa,

IF I want to send some1 to help me collect it, is it possible?. apart from the collection slip and probably my passport data page, is there anyother thing I should give him?
I guess its too late to request for courier service?..I was thinking the visa would be ready next wk Friday or so, n had biz in lagos then

Where did u submit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.