Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,373 members, 7,843,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984850 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
donciccio:

The docs submitted include:
1. Letter of introduction from my employer
2. 6 months statement of account
3. 6 months salary pay slip
4. Photocopy of my work ID card
5. Car docs/driving licence
6. Life assurance policy docs
7. Hotel reservations

Although, that year I was earning 210k take home. was single and still single. Hope my status isn't an issue?

Thanx Justwise and Vicjustice for your attention here?

Your current salary is good and with proper preparation you should be able to get a visa.

Make a budget of your trip, makes list of places you wish to visit while in the UK and add it to your above list.

Don't forget to acknowledge the previous refusal.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
overdrive:
@justwise can u assist one to fill a uk online visa form also if u have a dorm account it will go a long way in helping out and of course u will be compensated. I already sent u a pm yesterday. thanks

I'm not a travel agent so I don't offer such services, all my dealings with Nairalanders visa wise is here and free.

If you got stuck completing the form post the question here...people will help with answers because a lot of people have done it before.

Completing online visa form is easy and takes no time, it's also important that you complete that form yourself so as to know exactly what is entered into the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by overdrive(m): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
justwise:

I'm not a travel agent so I don't offer such services, all my dealings with Nairalanders visa wise is here and free.

If you got stuck completing the form post the question here...people will help with answers because a lot of people have done it before.

Completing online visa form is easy and takes no time, it's also important that you complete that form yourself so as to know exactly what is entered into the form.

okay thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donciccio: 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
justwise:

Your current salary is good and with proper preparation you should be able to get a visa.
Make a budget of your trip, makes list of places you wish to visit while in the UK and add it to your above list.
Don't forget to acknowledge the previous refusal.

10Q.. 10Q... 40x @Justwise. I really appreciate you guys and the great advice and courage y'all are offering here. like I stated in my first post I intend to spend 550k for the trip. is that okay considering the exchange rate of naira to pound? Also, what's the difference between the previous application process and the new process? I heard of so blah blah blah about how difficult this new application process is.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
donciccio:

10Q.. 10Q... 40x @Justwise. I really appreciate you guys and the great advice and courage y'all are offering here. like I stated in my first post I intend to spend 550k for the trip. is that okay considering the exchange rate of naira to pound? Also, what's the difference between the previous application process and the new process? I heard of so blah blah blah about how difficult this new application process is.

That amount is not too much because its still within 2months of your salary, all you need is the breakdown of how you tend to spend that amount, then list of places to visit.

The difference between this and the previous one is the online application and payment system. You still have to submit the same documents you submit online physically at their visa centre.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good day Justwise and other house gurus, please for how many months/days an introduction letter is valid for? Like an introduction letter from some institution to the British high commission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donciccio: 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
justwise:

That amount is not too much because its still within 2months of your salary, all you need is the breakdown of how you tend to spend that amount, then list of places to visit.
The difference between this and the previous one is the online application and payment system. You still have to submit the same documents you submit online physically at their visa centre.

Thanx boss @Justwise. @Vicjustice, I didn't see your brake light here sir. cheers men!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
ulale:
Good day Justwise and other house gurus, please for how many months/days an introduction letter is valid for? Like an introduction letter from some institution to the British high commission.

I really don't know, never come across such before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
donciccio:

Thanx boss @Justwise. @Vicjustice, I didn't see your brake light here sir. cheers men!!!
I did respond to your earlier query, or, is my reply too short?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donciccio: 8:37am On Mar 04, 2015
Vicjustice:

I did respond to your earlier query, or, is my reply too short?

@Vicjustice sir, I did commend you for that reply. but that reply was too short or rather brief. I hope you're not brief like Aki & pawpaw? Lol.. in 'I go dye' voice... bros na joke I dey o

My hands are full now. I should start my application by next week so 'll keep you my boss's posted as I proceed.

Well done sirs and thanx much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:10am On Mar 04, 2015
donciccio:

@Vicjustice sir, I did commend you for that reply. but that reply was too short or rather brief. I hope you're not brief like Aki & pawpaw? Lol.. in 'I go dye' voice... bros na joke I dey o
My hands are full now. I should start my application by next week so 'll keep you my boss's posted as I proceed.
Well done sirs and thanx much.
Good luck with your application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Good day to all the gurus in the house.

I am back. Kindly help with your perspectives on the below ques.

Q. 1

I want to apply for myself, my wife and children

In this VISA4UK form that they are currently testing- there is "Apply for myself', "Apply for someone Else", how do I apply for my wife and children?
Being the sole sponsor and wanting the embassy to know that we are all applying as memebers of the same family, should I open different forms for her and the children one by one or use my log in and click 'applying for someone else' on my own application form page for each of them?

Q.2
My GTbank ATM card successfully paid for my visa fees but I am having issues using it to comfirm my London hotel booking as the hotel kept saying they cannot charge the card. There is sufficient funds on the account to cover the hotel bill and the card has been used in the past to pay for online foreign purhases- both in the UK and US. What should I do considering the fact that I have keyed in this hotel details on my own application form which I have already paid for.

Thank you all for your anticipated responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by GlobalCareers: 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hi every one,

What type of visit visa dhould i apply for to attend a job interview/assessment centre in the U.K.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Caspery: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2015
Hello everyone smiley

I and my husband intend travelling to the UK for vacation/our belated honeymoon during our leave from work. I was a regular visitor to the UK (Student Visa & 2yrs Tourist Visa afterwards) until 2012 the year it expired and haven't renewed since then due to work(I got a job in late 2011 and had not seen the need to travel until now that I am married)

My husband has never been to the UK before and has a fresh passport, so we both want to apply as a couple. We are both working in good organisations.

My questions go like this:
1. Should mine be a visa renewal or fresh applcation considering the duration since my visa expired ( 2012).

2. Can I still apply for 2yrs and 6 mths for my husband?

3. My previous visas carry my maiden name but I would be renewing my int'l passport soon to my new last name. How do I go about informing them of the change?.

4. What are all the requirements/documents that we need to proceed.

Thanks for your awaited response smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by GlobalCareers: 8:59am On Mar 05, 2015
@justwise: What type of visit visa should i apply for to attend a job interview in the U.K.? Is it general visit or business visa?

And how much do i need to show in my bank statement if i am spending two days in the uk?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by richietayo: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Both.
.........ok..tnx..but I also av an uncle here in Nigeria who is sponsoring my trip...after providing his own statement of acct...du I still need mine...am worried cos mine is not that heavy.....du I stand a chance of gettin a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 9:44am On Mar 05, 2015
TCann:
Good day to all the gurus in the house.

I am back. Kindly help with your perspectives on the below ques.

Q. 1

I want to apply for myself, my wife and children

In this VISA4UK form that they are currently testing- there is "Apply for myself', "Apply for someone Else", how do I apply for my wife and children?
Being the sole sponsor and wanting the embassy to know that we are all applying as memebers of the same family, should I open different forms for her and the children one by one or use my log in and click 'applying for someone else' on my own application form page for each of them?

Q.2
My GTbank ATM card successfully paid for my visa fees but I am having issues using it to comfirm my London hotel booking as the hotel kept saying they cannot charge the card. There is sufficient funds on the account to cover the hotel bill and the card has been used in the past to pay for online foreign purhases- both in the UK and US. What should I do considering the fact that I have keyed in this hotel details on my own application form which I have already paid for.

Thank you all for your anticipated responses.

QuestioN 1 ....yeah..click apply for some1 else after finishing ur own application...to enable u apply for ur eife...do same again for ur kiďs.

QiQuestion 2 ... simply look for another card u can use...try a visa card...its not a must u must use a card bearing ur name,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ghetto101(m): 9:58am On Mar 05, 2015
EEA family permit can be done any time,that's whenever u wish to

luchichris:
Plss my fellow naijans i just joined this site on recommendation pls i want to know the time it takes to process EEA family permit visa. I applied on the 16th of last month in Lekki VAC, am too nervous cos i hve made an application for student visa nd was refused twice that was two yrs before meeting my husband. The reasons for the refusals was due to the bank statements i submitted but i had the rights to appeal. I fashied it nd my tution was refunded nd i went bck to complete my HND and nd nysc. My anxiety is hope it won't affect my application. Secondly do Uk always call for interview. Thanks and God blesss you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by overdrive(m): 11:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Good day Justwise u are doing a great job here,please I want to know the present cost of the British visa fee and if one can pay the naira equivalent in their Abuja office ,must it be paid online in foreign currency. Thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
overdrive:
Good day Justwise u are doing a great job here,please I want to know the present cost of the British visa fee and if one can pay the naira equivalent in their Abuja office ,must it be paid online in foreign currency. Thanks boss

It can only be done online, see info here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nigeria-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-nigeria

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
richietayo:
.........ok..tnx..but I also av an uncle here in Nigeria who is sponsoring my trip...after providing his own statement of acct...du I still need mine...am worried cos mine is not that heavy.....du I stand a chance of gettin a visa

Personally do you have any verifiable source of income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
GlobalCareers:
@justwise: What type of visit visa should i apply for to attend a job interview in the U.K.? Is it general visit or business visa?

And how much do i need to show in my bank statement if i am spending two days in the uk?

General visiting visa.

Calculate how much that trip will cost you...flight, accommodation,feeding and transport, that will give you the idea of how much you need to have.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
Caspery:
Hello everyone smiley

I and my husband intend travelling to the UK for vacation/our belated honeymoon during our leave from work. I was a regular visitor to the UK (Student Visa & 2yrs Tourist Visa afterwards) until 2012 the year it expired and haven't renewed since then due to work(I got a job in late 2011 and had not seen the need to travel until now that I am married)

My husband has never been to the UK before and has a fresh passport, so we both want to apply as a couple. We are both working in good organisations.

My questions go like this:
1. Should mine be a visa renewal or fresh applcation considering the duration since my visa expired ( 2012).

2. Can I still apply for 2yrs and 6 mths for my husband?

3. My previous visas carry my maiden name but I would be renewing my int'l passport soon to my new last name. How do I go about informing them of the change?.

4. What are all the requirements/documents that we need to proceed.

Thanks for your awaited response smiley

1. There is no difference between renewing and first application, the same process.

2. You can apply for 5 years visa since your last one was 2yrs then 6months for your hubby

3. Somewhere in the form you will be asked if you have held any other name previously..use that space to state your previous name or use the blank space on the form to make a note of that, though your marriage certificate will take care of that.

4. Visa requirements hasn't changed as you have applied before, the only difference now is the online application and payment. The same way you gathered the documents for the 2yrs visa application is the way you will do now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akwana: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
earthrealm:

QuestioN 1 ....yeah..click apply for some1 else after finishing ur own application...to enable u apply for ur eife...do same again for ur kiďs.

QiQuestion 2 ... simply look for another card u can use...try a visa card...its not a must u must use a card bearing ur name,

Thanks for the response. I want to believe this a widely acceptable way to go!

But going through this way of applying (using my log in page to create 'APPLY FOR SOMEONE ELSE' option for wifey and kids), how will our applications be linked and recognised as a members of the same and one family since my wifey is being spouse sponsored by me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Caspery: 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
@Justwise, thanks for your prinpt response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by GlobalCareers: 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
justwise:

General visiting visa.

Calculate how much that trip will cost you...flight, accommodation,feeding and transport, that will give you the idea of how much you need to have.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sheuk: 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
Caspery:
@Justwise, thanks for your prinpt response
Gud day to all d gurus in d house, my 2yrs visa expires with that of my wife and kids, i am renewing 5yrs for mysef, 2yrs for my wife as against d 6months dat expired and 6months for my 2 kids as against the 6months that expired. pls is this a good decision for me? also can 1.1m acct balance be good to go for this family trip?? pls Justwise and others help me out oooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by richietayo: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
justwise:

Personally do you have any verifiable source of income?
yes i do.........but i dont earn much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
richietayo:
yes i do.........but i dont earn much

Your job and salary matters a lot when it comes to visiting visa, if you don't earn enough and can't sponsor your trip as an adult then getting a visa will be a tough task.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by richietayo: 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
justwise:

Your job and salary matters a lot when it comes to visiting visa, if you don't earn enough and can't sponsor your trip as an adult then getting a visa will be a tough task.
even when am not the one sponsoring my trip....? @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
richietayo:
even when am not the one sponsoring my trip....? @justwise

You are the one traveling and expected to meet the requirements, not your uncle or any other sponsor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.