Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983223 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:30am On Mar 09, 2015
liliana:

@justwise

Been a while. Well done for holding the forte here and doing a good job out of it.

How have you been?

You are like British weather...turns up unexpectedly grin grin one minute you are here..next you do a runner..

Nice to read from you again here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 10:08am On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=justwise post=31444353][/quote]
@ Justwise,

You are so funny!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2015
liliana:

@ Justwise,

You are so funny!

grin grin but its true...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
justwise:

Her application may or may not affect your application... If your sister is inviting both of you and want to accommodate both of then she has to proof that she has adequate accommodation for both of you.

Do you work for somebody....employed ..or you work for yourself?

Thanks justwise

She isn't inviting both of us at the same time,i don't even know the friend.buh if she is given ,ma travelling will have to be when she leaves.

I work for my dad,and the company doesn't pay tax neither do I,,but u advised me to get a tax certificate,so am doing it here in Oyo state and what they issue is three years.

So I do I prepare a pay slip that includes the tax.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oshiosense(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Pls, my sister intends to visit the U.K on invitation from her female Nigerian friend in the U.K. The friends has agreed to send all her documents, but my sister account has a balance of about 10,000 Naira. Now, I want to use my personal documents, including my account statements and properties and shares to support the application. Is it possible to use my documents for her. She is married and bears surname different from mine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
tayotp:

Thanks justwise

She isn't inviting both of us at the same time,i don't even know the friend.buh if she is given ,ma travelling will have to be when she leaves.

I work for my dad,and the company doesn't pay tax neither do I,,but u advised me to get a tax certificate,so am doing it here in Oyo state and what they issue is three years.

So I do I prepare a pay slip that includes the tax.

Thank you

If you work for your daddy and get paid salary then you don't need tax certificate, all you need is your payslips and your salary account showing your monthly salary payments.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
oshiosense:
Pls, my sister intends to visit the U.K on invitation from her female Nigerian friend in the U.K. The friends has agreed to send all her documents, but my sister account has a balance of about 10,000 Naira. Now, I want to use my personal documents, including my account statements and properties and shares to support the application. Is it possible to use my documents for her. She is married and bears surname different from mine

No, not a good idea, those documents will not act as her tie to Nigeria because they don't belong to her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
I got my visa today.Thank you for your advice. God bless.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
oshiosense:

Justwise has answered your question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
Thanks justwise,my first post here was on this same issue of salary without tax payment,I think somone here advised about salary paid without tax is unverifiable or so..that the reason I wanna pay it now.although its not worth paying for.

Please bear with me with the disturbing questions.

Can I just go on applying without the tax clearance.

Please others should also contribute...vicjustice your advise is also needed pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deri20: 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
kayode85:
Congrats

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
tayotp:
Thanks justwise,my first post here was on this same issue of salary without tax payment,I think somone here advised about salary paid without tax is unverifiable or so..that the reason I wanna pay it now.although its not worth paying for.

Please others should also contribute...vicjustice your advise is also needed pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Thank you
I don't think anybody ever said that "salary without tax is unverifiable", what i know about is a business that doesn't comply with tax regulation can not be evaluated.
A person can apply for a visa without payslips provided that his bank statement of account displays regular incomes which are verifiable. Therefore, as an employee, it is not necessary for Visa Officer to investigate your tax record, and investigation is only possible if they have your payslips
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by waleedb: 12:22am On Mar 10, 2015
Vicjustice:

I don't think anybody ever said that "salary without tax is unverifiable", what i know about is a business that doesn't comply with tax regulation can not be evaluated.
A person can apply for a visa without payslips provided that his bank statement of account displays regular incomes which are verifiable. Therefore, as an employee, it is not necessary for Visa Officer to investigate your tax record, and investigation is only possible if they have your payslips

Hi Vicjustice/justwise and all,
I want to apply for a UK tourist Visa but before I do I want to ask a few questions.
I'm self employed, I have 12 workers, I'm single, and 29 years. This are the documents I intend to submit.

C of O
Company Certificate & Memorandum,
Personal Statement of Account & Corporate Account,
TIN letter from FIRS,
Receipts for goods imported,
Pictures,
Local Government Levy,
Invoice & receipts,
Job orders
Company Vehicle particulars ,
Hotel Reservation.

Kindly advise if I need to add some additional documents . How important is it for me to submit tax clearance certificate as I don't currently have one. I tend to use my personal account more often. Should I submit both or just my personal account. Thanks so much for your much anticipated response.

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickxtra(m): 9:33am On Mar 10, 2015
justwise:

No, not a good idea, those documents will not act as her tie to Nigeria because they don't belong to her.

Thanks. What of if i apply along with her own application, using my documents, stating that she is traveling with me on invitation from our U.K friend/family member? Can it scale through? I don't intend to travel, but just to make sure she gets the Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2015
waleedb:

Hi Vicjustice/justwise and all,
I want to apply for a UK tourist Visa but before I do I want to ask a few questions.
I'm self employed, I have 12 workers, I'm single, and 29 years. This are the documents I intend to submit.

C of O
Company Certificate & Memorandum,
Personal Statement of Account & Corporate Account,
TIN letter from FIRS,
Receipts for goods imported,
Pictures,
Local Government Levy,
Invoice & receipts,
Job orders
Company Vehicle particulars ,
Hotel Reservation.

Kindly advise if I need to add some additional documents . How important is it for me to submit tax clearance certificate as I don't currently have one. I tend to use my personal account more often. Should I submit both or just my personal account. Thanks so much for your much anticipated response.

Regards
The very post that you quoted has answered your question regarding tax compliance.
Click on this link for more info:
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 11:58am On Mar 10, 2015
Vicjustice:

justwise:

If you work for your daddy and get paid salary then you don't need tax certificate, all you need is your payslips and your salary account showing your monthly salary payments.

@vicjustice,in short I dont need a tax clearance and payslips?please I want a clarification cos if I want to get it(tax clearance) its gonna take like three months.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
kayode85:

Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hi guys. So my mother n I went to the embassy to submit our documents today for a tourist visit but was surprise wen we were ask to wait 4 an interview. My mother had to go in cos we applied together n she is sponsoring the trip. After the interview she told me she answered all questions to d best of knowledge but wen ask the name of the hotel we will b staying she couldn't remember the name so she told the interviewer that the hotel was book by an agency n she was asked d name of d agency, which she told them.

The problem is that am a little scared becos of that. I will like to know whats our chances of getting the visa.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sassybee: 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
mizIvy:
Hi guys. So my mother n I went to the embassy to submit our documents today for a tourist visit but was surprise wen we were ask to wait 4 an interview. My mother had to go in cos we applied together n she is sponsoring the trip. After the interview she told me she answered all questions to d best of knowledge but wen ask the name of the hotel we will b staying she couldn't remember the name so she told the interviewer that the hotel was book by an agency n she was asked d name of d agency, which she told them.

The problem is that am a little scared becos of that. I will like to know whats our chances of getting the visa.
Thanks.

is this your first application?..

@ the House... do you have an idea what their criteria for deciding who does an interview is?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
sassybee:

@ the House... do you have an idea what their criteria for deciding who does an interview is?

Interviews are done at random, be it your first application or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
mizIvy:

Thanks.

@mizivy,

No one here can tell you what chances you have. Interviews, in my opinion though, should increase the chances but them again it can work either way. You just have to wait till you get your passport back.

All the best!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sassybee: 6:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
liliana:

Interviews are done at random, be it your first application or not.

okay...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
mizIvy:

Thanks.
First of all, the visa officer could see the name of the hotel and s/he already knew the answer to the question before s/he asked it: therefore, the purpose of the question was merely for verification which would have demonstrated satisfactory knowledge of the hotel and its suitability.
I like to console you by saying that there is no need to be too worried as anxiety can not change the result.
However, it is definitely a minus that your mom did not know the name of the place that she intends to stay whilst in the UK, and to be honest, that is enough reason for refusal as the lack of the knowledge is an indication that you are not sure of its location as well as its suitability to facilitate your activities and itinerary.
These said, you now need the mercy of the visa officer to overlook this deficit in consideration of other efficiencies. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
sassybee:

This is my second application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zaliya(f): 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hi Justwise, am writing in on behalf of a friend of mine who just wrote me on this issue on whatsapp. Pls is there something that can be done? I feel for her.

'Ok what happened was that I overstayed in the UK beyond the approved 6months. When I got back after a year and a half, I got an immigration officer to backdate my arrival date. I later did a new passport and applied for six months which was granted. Am back after 4+ months to apply for 2years. I submitted previous passports including the one with back date which also have a US visa but no UK visa on it just UK travel history, the last UK visa is on the 1st passport. I have 3 passports, the second contains US visa and uk travel history, while the 3rd has the last visa issued which was 6 months (but 4+month used out of it), now am trying to renew for 2yrs and they dug into travel history on the previous passport and discovered the backdate, so that Passport was SEIZED, and it has 2 years Visa which has never been used running on it, moreover - was denied the UK visa too'

Can she appeal? .... and how pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
Vicjustice:

First of all, the visa officer could see the name of the hotel and s/he already knew the answer to the question before s/he asked it: therefore, the purpose of the question was merely for verification which would have demonstrated satisfactory knowledge of the hotel and its suitability.
I like to console you that by saying that there is no need to be too worried as anxiety can not change the result.
However, it is definitely a minus that your mom did not know the name of the place that she intends to stay whilst in the UK, and to be honest, that is enough reason for refusal as the lack of the knowledge is an indication that you are not sure of its location as well as its suitability to facilitate your activities and itinerary.
These said, you now need the mercy of the visa officer to overlook this deficit in consideration of other efficiencies. Good luck

That's depressing but thanks. I really appreciate ur reply. And also d interview was done online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
zaliya:
Hi Justwise, am writing in on behalf of a friend of mine who just wrote me on this issue on whatsapp. Pls is there something that can be done? I feel for her.

'Ok what happened was that I overstayed in the UK beyond the approved 6months. When I got back after a year and a half, I got an immigration officer to backdate my arrival date. I later did a new passport and applied for six months which was granted. Am back after 4+ months to apply for 2years. I submitted previous passports including the one with back date which also have a US visa but no UK visa on it just UK travel history, the last UK visa is on the 1st passport. I have 3 passports, the second contains US visa and uk travel history, while the 3rd has the last visa issued which was 6 months (but 4+month used out of it), now am trying to renew for 2yrs and they dug into travel history on the previous passport and discovered the backdate, so that Passport was SEIZED, and it has 2 years Visa which has never been used running on it, moreover - was denied the UK visa too'

Can she appeal? .... and how pls?
Was it just a refusal or refusal and a ban?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
mizIvy:

Thanks.

Just like Liliana pointed out interview for visiting visa is a random thing, so you are not singled out.

If the hotel booking Is genuine and not one of those people book then cancel after submitting their application then it will not be a major issue if all other requirements are met.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
tayotp:
Thanks justwise,my first post here was on this same issue of salary without tax payment, I think somone here advised about salary paid without tax is unverifiable or so ..that the reason I wanna pay it now.although its not worth paying for.

Thank you

Like I said before only business owners submits tax certificate when applying for visa, if you are employed by somebody then your salary is taxed already and you don't submi tax certificate when applying for visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
justwise:

Just like Liliana pointed out interview for visiting visa is a random thing, so you are not singled out.

If the hotel booking Is genuine and not one of those people book then cancel after submitting their application then it will not be a major issue if all other requirements are met.

Justwiseeeee if I say I love u it will b an understatement. U rock!!!. U've given me a little hope. N even if I still did not get it atleast my mind will b abit at rest during dis wait period. Thanks for replying
N also d hotel reservation is genuine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zaliya(f): 9:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
justwise:

Was it just a refusal or refusal and a ban?

Hmm. She replies

'Refusal and ban.

...What they said is that enquiries will be undertaken at the British high commission after which the document will be forwarded to Nigerian immigrations Abuja. The letter was signed by the entry clearance officer with initials as BMR.'

Please how does she retrieve her seized passport which has a very recent unused 2 years US visa still running.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
zaliya:

Hmm. She replies

'Refusal and ban.

...What they said is that enquiries will be undertaken at the British high commission after which the document will be forwarded to Nigerian immigrations Abuja. The letter was signed by the entry clearance officer with initials as BMR.'

Please how does she retrieve her seized passport which has a very recent unused 2 years US visa still running.

'She' will find it difficult to get hold of that passport again, she has to wait until the embassy pass it to Nigerian immigration then she will go there to retrieve it, there is no time scale to this.

She has no right of appear or ground for appeal, it's a clear case of immigration fraud that carries 10yrs ban.

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.