Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,849 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980819 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Damask: 9:07pm On May 27, 2015
Hi Justwise! Pls sir, I need response to these;
I am getting married next week and will like to have my honeymoon in the UK. I have an elder brother dt will send an invitation to us. My concern is dt I am into service provision and not a salary earner. Thou, I have a registered business name but never opened an account with it; because I av no need for it, asides my regular savings account.
1. Is it possible to use an uncle as a sponsor for d trip because there is no way for me to have 800k in my account immediately after the wedding. Thou i will attach my sOA for dem to know I am not jobless. My understanding for the need for 800k is for d Ticket and BT.
2. I have a house I am almost true in building; what documents do I need to convince them that I have a house? Will the building plan and d land documents be ok?
3. I have a 3 year old Son with d woman I am about to marry , will his birth certificate be enough to convince them as a tie for d both of us to Nigeria.
4. My to-be wife just started a job last month and she will be given leave to travel. However, her account is not good enough as her income for last month will be expended on marriage.
Any advice for me please?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunaba123: 9:59pm On May 27, 2015
Damask:
I am getting married next week and will like to have my honeymoon in the UK. I have an elder brother dt will send an invitation to us. My concern is dt I am into service provision and not a salary earner. Thou, I have a registered business name but never opened an account with it; because I av no need for it, asides my regular savings account.
1. Is it possible to use an uncle as a sponsor for d trip because there is no way for me to have 800k in my account immediately after the wedding. Thou i will attach my sOA for dem to know I am not jobless. My understanding for the need for 800k is for d Ticket and BT.
2. I have a house I am almost true in building; what documents do I need to convince them that I have a house? Will the building plan and d land documents be ok?
3. I have a 3 year old Son with d woman I am about to marry , will his birth certificate be enough to convince them as a tie for d both of us to Nigeria.
4. My to-be wife just started a job last month and she will be given leave to travel. However, her account is not good enough as her income for last month will be expended on marriage.

my twin sis got married two years ago and her father inlaw sponsored their honeymoon to the uk. Im not sure u need an invitation for honeymoon. the husband has a good job and my sis was then a national service person. the fatherinlaw sponsored ther hotel accomodation, flight etc. they got the visa. i must also state that her husband has travelled to uk on several occassions and even studied there before returning home. don't know if this might help you but your case is kinda different
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thezionite: 10:25pm On May 27, 2015
lillybab:

Does the 59pounds apply to the Vi branch too?

No, The 59pounds only applies to the Ikeja branch for now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nenelistic: 12:10pm On May 28, 2015
Hi guys, it's Nenelistic in the building yo!!! I just got my Visa guys. I applied a week after my refusal addressing the concerns raised by the ECO with more supporting documents and bam just like that I got it. Good luck guys

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesoji0922: 3:46pm On May 28, 2015
pls what are the question they do ask at the interview when someone is going on visiting in UK at the embassy,pls help elite me.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tranquill: 5:24pm On May 28, 2015
Hello house, Please someone submitted his visitor visa application through teleperformance Ikeja on the 7th May 2015. Got an email last week Tuesday the 17th May that the application has been assesed and a decision made that an email will be sent in the next few days to come and collect the passport but up till now no communication. Is it normal and too early to be worried? Anyone got phone number to contact them? thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Damask: 5:26pm On May 28, 2015
@kunaba123
Thank u for responding to my questions. I appreciate d information. The point to that is Ghana and Benin Republic were the travelling experiences we ve both had. Don't know if it will help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2015
Tranquill:
Hello house, Please someone submitted his visitor visa application through teleperformance Ikeja on the 7th May 2015. Got an email last week Tuesday the 17th May that the application has been assesed and a decision made that an email will be sent in the next few days to come and collect the passport but up till now no communication. Is it normal and too early to be worried? Anyone got phone number to contact them? thanks in advance.

My relative's 10years visa was processed within 2 working days and the visa was granted.

So yours isn't too early at all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2015
travelland:

She can apply for ten years visa, but make sure she has all her documents complete

Just wanted to give an update as you responded to my query below and gave me the confidence to assure my relative to apply for the 10yrs category. Thanks again.

Application was successful. She applied on a fully self-sponsored basis using strictly personal documents in her name with a closing account balance FAR LESS than 1million naira grin grin

Ralphlauren:
hi guys.

a little dilemma for my relative . . . . if a lady was issued a 5years visit visa and travelled to the UK three times within that 5years visa validity period, is that sufficient to apply for a 10years visit visa as she is due for another renewal or is she best applying for another 5years?

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 28, 2015
Ralphlauren:

My relative's 10years visa was processed with 2 working days and the visa was granted.

So yours isn't too early at all.
10 year visa? Abeg for which country?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 6:10pm On May 28, 2015
naijamark:

10 year visa? Abeg for which country?

United Kingdom wink

No biggie. Even the US issues 10years multiple entry (except they've recently stopped though)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 1:44pm On May 29, 2015
KLM/Airfrance is offering Democracy Day Promo till June 7, 2015. Lagos-London is as low as $782 (N156K) including taxes. Book direct with the airline to enjoy this offer if you have already secured your visa to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by redmist(m): 2:53pm On May 29, 2015
Does anyone know how the UK visa office verifies an applicant's bank statement of account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:00pm On May 29, 2015
Damask:

How much will your brother be contributing towards the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2015
nenelistic:
Hi guys, it's Nenelistic in the building yo!!! I just got my Visa guys. I applied a week after my refusal addressing the concerns raised by the ECO with more supporting documents and bam just like that I got it. Good luck guys

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2015
girlie4rea:
plz i want to apply for a uk visa.my dad is based in the uk and also sponsoring my trip.am married and my salary is 65k.
my dad sent 6month statement and an inivation letter..i aso have a letter frm my office and my six months statement.what other document do i need ?

Your marriage certificate, family pictures and employment letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:11pm On May 29, 2015
tembuk:
Good day all , i applied for UK Visa in october 2013 to be precise but i was refused based on statement of account and amount i stated i was going with which was about 1,080,000.00 naira, the mistake was an over site while the person who helped in filling the form online then, i stated he fill 1800 pounds which needed to be converted to naira . i will like to reapply this year and will appreciate your advice on what best to do. i have all the needed documents.
I will also want to know cos as at when i applied then in 2013 my salary was domiciled with GTBank but it has been moved to another bank now i will like to know if there will be any implication.

Your answers will be appreciated.

Thank You.

Temi

That doesn't matter at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 4:45pm On May 29, 2015
redmist:
Does anyone know how the UK visa office verifies an applicant's bank statement of account

Since the bank statement was signed and stamped by your bank. They believe it's genuine. If they are in doubt they will call the bank to verify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lillybab: 6:11pm On May 29, 2015
Hi house, a friend wants to apply for a Uk tourist visa but her salary is 110k monthly and she has a balance of 900k in her account, her total expense for the trip is 600k ( accomodation and ticket for 10days)and she has never been out of the country.. Does she stand a chance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 4:29am On May 31, 2015
justwise:

1. Yes you can file all the application in one envelop but you have to apply individually the same day so as to get the same submission date.

2. Your office can give each person a copy of the reference letter or make a photocopy of one for each applicant

3. Same with Q 2

4. Yes you can do that.

5. Not necessarily but your salary account and payslip need to be included, including other materials you mentioned will not harm your application.

The most important aspect here is the space for additional info in the form, use that to explain that you are attending a conference with your colleagues sponsored by your company and mention names of those your colleagues traveling with you, each person need to do the same so as to link the applications, giving conflicting info in the form will not help your application. You and your colleagues need to seat together and do the application so as to provide the same info. Apart from your personal details all other info will be the same including cost of the trip and how much available for the trip.

Dear Justwise,

Many thanks for your audience. Hope I have not been asking too much? Just for confirmation.

1. All is set to fill the form, Visa letter from the conveiner of conference is at hand now, they initially told us it would take up to 10 days to process it but release in a day.

2. The hotel has also sent receipt for our accommodation (All expenses paid by our employer)
3. Just to be sure, do I need to explain the last 3 deposits in my salary account which amounted to my account balance? (i) My May Salary. (ii) online transfer for the payment of phone sold to someone (55k) which was stated (iii) Transfer of almost 300k from my boss showing his name as appears in most of the document we will be submitting. The money is the refund of accumulated out of pocket expenses on his personal errands.

4. I have another savings account with the balance of almost 200k but has history of large inflow and outflow of cash in the last six months I.e 600k, 1m, 400k just coming in and going out for personal PP.

4. How do I explain or put all this together in my application.

5. My salary is 116k. The trip is all expenses paid by our employer with DTA of 250USD per day.
The event is event is 5 days and was stated in the visa letter sent to us by the organizer and 5 days hotel room paid but we want to stay 2 more days to explore the city. How do we put this in the online form ( entry date and exit date)

Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:03pm On May 31, 2015
zoomzu:

Dear Justwise,

Many thanks for your audience. Hope I have not been asking too much? Just for confirmation.

1. All is set to fill the form, Visa letter from the conveiner of conference is at hand now, they initially told us it would take up to 10 days to process it but release in a day.

2. The hotel has also sent receipt for our accommodation (All expenses paid by our employer)
3. Just to be sure, do I need to explain the last 3 deposits in my salary account which amounted to my account balance? (i) My May Salary. (ii) online transfer for the payment of phone sold to someone (55k) which was stated (iii) Transfer of almost 300k from my boss showing his name as appears in most of the document we will be submitting. The money is the refund of accumulated out of pocket expenses on his personal errands.

4. I have another savings account with the balance of almost 200k but has history of large inflow and outflow of cash in the last six months I.e 600k, 1m, 400k just coming in and going out for personal PP.

4. How do I explain or put all this together in my application.

5. My salary is 116k. The trip is all expenses paid by our employer with DTA of 250USD per day.
The event is event is 5 days and was stated in the visa letter sent to us by the organizer and 5 days hotel room paid but we want to stay 2 more days to explore the city. How do we put this in the online form ( entry date and exit date)

Thank you so much.

Yes when you have money other than your salary paid into your salary account you need to give brief explanation about the source of that money.

Sure you are allowed to spend extra days exploring the city after the actual program, staying extra 2 days is not a problem and you don't necessarily need to state this in the form.
Remember that you people may be called for an interview so it's important that the group give the same answer about the trip.

You don't need to add any other account apart from your salary account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bigfido: 9:08pm On May 31, 2015
hello @justwise
i am new on this thread and i think you might have to indulge me a little to anwer my numerous questions

i am planning to re-apply for yet another uk visa. before i go any further, i have been refused 4 times. twice before i got married and twice after i got married which was a family vacation application. A lot has changed between the last refusal (April, 2013) and now. I had not travelled out of Africa whilst applying for the previous application but since then, i have gone to the UAE like 4 times and I have been to the US twice. In fact, i have a valid US visa with every member of my family. I also now run my own registered business with a registered bank account, VAT remittance and tax clearance certificate for the company. Here are my questions
1) i don't pay my self a salary since it is my company. i get money from the company account based on how much jobs i get done at any particular time. But there is a steady flow of money from my company account into my personal account. how do i rate what my monthly income is in the form? it's not a given monthly rate at all
2) I am going to the us for a software training course in July and intend to go to the uk from there for vacation. do i need to state this in my application as this has increased the amount i am to pay for air travel greatly.
3) do i move the money for the purpose of the trip to my personal account from the company account and then state it in my application that i moved the money from there since i will be paying for the trip or do i leave it there and claim someone else (my company) is paying for the trip?
4) what documents am i supposed to add to this application? should it include documents for my travel purpose to the US since i plan to come into the uk from there?
5) i just don't know how to construct this application. i just got a new passport and i was delighted to get rid of the last one due to various stamps from the uk embassy. i will be very furious if i get denied on this passport again. so far, i have had several travel stamps on it and not visa denial stamps.

kindly advise me on how to put this application together
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:14pm On May 31, 2015
bigfido:
hello @justwise
i am new on this thread and i think you might have to indulge me a little to anwer my numerous questions

i am planning to re-apply for yet another uk visa. before i go any further, i have been refused 4 times. twice before i got married and twice after i got married which was a family vacation application. A lot has changed between the last refusal (April, 2013) and now. I had not travelled out of Africa whilst applying for the previous application but since then, i have gone to the UAE like 4 times and I have been to the US twice. In fact, i have a valid US visa with every member of my family. I also now run my own registered business with a registered bank account, VAT remittance and tax clearance certificate for the company. Here are my questions
1) i don't pay my self a salary since it is my company. i get money from the company account based on how much jobs i get done at any particular time. But there is a steady flow of money from my company account into my personal account. how do i rate what my monthly income is in the form? it's not a given monthly rate at all
2) I am going to the us for a software training course in July and intend to go to the uk from there for vacation. do i need to state this in my application as this has increased the amount i am to pay for air travel greatly.
3) do i move the money for the purpose of the trip to my personal account from the company account and then state it in my application that i moved the money from there since i will be paying for the trip or do i leave it there and claim someone else (my company) is paying for the trip?
4) what documents am i supposed to add to this application? should it include documents for my travel purpose to the US since i plan to come into the uk from there?
5) i just don't know how to construct this application. i just got a new passport and i was delighted to get rid of the last one due to various stamps from the uk embassy. i will be very furious if i get denied on this passport again. so far, i have had several travel stamps on it and not visa denial stamps.

Can you remember why you were refused in those 4 occasions?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bigfido: 10:26pm On May 31, 2015
justwise:

Can you remember why you were refused in those 4 occasions?

i think so
1) was supposed to go and inspect some goods for the coy i was working for, naive me didn't put invitation letter into the application nor did i ask for it from the comapny. My boss went afterwards
2) no family or economic tires
3) i deposited some money in my account a week before applying that i didn't explain what it was for
4) explained what the money was for with additional support document but VO wasn't satisfied
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Jun 01, 2015
bigfido:

i think so
1) was supposed to go and inspect some goods for the coy i was working for, naive me didn't put invitation letter into the application nor did i ask for it from the comapny. My boss went afterwards
2) no family or economic tires
3) i deposited some money in my account a week before applying that i didn't explain what it was for
4) explained what the money was for with additional support document but VO wasn't satisfied

As long as you acknowledged each refusal in your previous applications then you will be fine.

bigfido:
hello @justwise

1. Not paying yourself a salary is not a problem as long as you pay tax and have certificate to show for that and have savings account separate from the company's account.

2. Stating that will help your application.

3. Don't move money around now present both accounts as they are.

4. Yes add those documents and explain the reason.

5. Getting a new passport does not mean that your previous refusals will not be considered, you still have to disclose every single one of them else its 10yrs ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bigfido: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2015
thank you @justwise. i have filled the forms and indeed i stated those refusal with their reference numbers. I was referring to getting another refusal stamp on the new passport. it will be very annoying and painful. thanks, will let you know when i get the visa.. hopefully!

justwise:

As long as you acknowledged each refusal in your previous applications then you will be fine.

1. Not paying yourself a salary is not a problem as long as you pay tax and have certificate to show for that and have savings account separate from the company's account.

5. Getting a new passport does not mean that your previous refusals will not be considered, you still have to disclose every single one of them else its 10yrs ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bigfido: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2015
one more thing @justwise, do i state that the company is paying for my trip since the money to pay is coming from that account?

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:05am On Jun 01, 2015
bigfido:
one more thing @justwise, do i state that the company is paying for my trip since the money to pay is coming from that account?

Surely if this is business trip then the spending money will be coming from the company's account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bigfido: 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
no it is not a business trip. it is a vacation. unless i am stating that the company is paying for the vacation

justwise:

Surely if this is business trip then the spending money will be coming from the company's account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bodegold: 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hello Admin, my name is Bode, im new to nairaland, please i just need an advice or a response to guide me in what to do. I have overstayed my uk visa by two years plus and i intend to go back to Nigeria, i did register at a GP on a shorter form of my name, not the full name i used to gain entry and i have never used the NHS service before, just registered should in case i fall ill or something which i never did. should i disclose everything as it is at the Home office or i can simply dont mention it since i never used the service, will my name pop up in anyway and will that have an effect in anyway on me.

Also would like to ask, a solicitor told me the duration ban is just formality, that with the new immigration laws in effect now, if one is banned, one will never be granted a visa to the Uk again. What do you reckon on this please?
Lastly, is there a need for the ETD, as my passport is expired aswell or i will be able to travel with my expired passport, i know i will be banned with the stamp on it aswell.

Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mikkyphp(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2015
bodegold:
Hello Admin, my name is Bode, im new to nairaland, please i just need an advice or a response to guide me in what to do. I have overstayed my uk visa by two years plus and i intend to go back to Nigeria, i did register at a GP on a shorter form of my name, not the full name i used to gain entry and i have never used the NHS service before, just registered should in case i fall ill or something which i never did. should i disclose everything as it is at the Home office or i can simply dont mention it since i never used the service, will my name pop up in anyway and will that have an effect in anyway on me.

Also would like to ask, a solicitor told me the duration ban is just formality, that with the new immigration laws in effect now, if one is banned, one will never be granted a visa to the Uk again. What do you reckon on this please?
Lastly, is there a need for the ETD, as my passport is expired aswell or i will be able to travel with my expired passport, i know i will be banned with the stamp on it aswell.

Many thanks.
Bro, my response may not be directly related to your questions.
I only reckon that you have two options. Stay put in the UK, and keep hustling, or return to Nigeria and never hope to be granted a UK entry visa again.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bodegold: 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
Wow! Okay..i understand. Thanks alot! I appreciate your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.