Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,722 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982532 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
5p1naz:

I have a strong feeling you work in one of these embassies. Your answer is so precise and true.

I doff my hat. thanks

I wish.. grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
justwise:

She can add her utility bills and explain the issue of tenancy agreement in the letter. You also need to have a strong tie to Nigeria, your sister's documents alone will not be enough you need to prove that you be returning to Nigeria if given a visa

Thank u so much. Well my husband and I intend to apply wit our baby, we r both working. Duno what other strong tie is required.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
molly14:

Thank u so much. Well my husband and I intend to apply wit our baby, we r both working. Duno what other strong tie is required.

Get letters from your employers permitting your leave and stating that you will return to your jobs after the holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
worry357:

Get letters from your employers permitting your leave and stating that you will return to your jobs after the holiday.

Thank u so much. Seriously praying all works out well. Really appreciate d help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
B
justwise:

That is actually a good thing, you will have the opportunity to clarify things if there is something missing in your application.

Their questions will central around the conference, your company and job, basically information you entered into the application form.

As long as you completed the form yourself you will be fine.

Hi Justwise,

The interview held today and it was as simple as you told me. Many thanks for your guide. I await final decision in 5 to 7 days as told by my interviewer. I hope for the best. Thanks you and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
molly14:

Your marriage and job are all your ties to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
zoomzu:
B

Hi Justwise,

The interview held today and it was as simple as you told me. Many thanks for your guide. I await final decision in 5 to 7 days as told by my interviewer. I hope for the best. Thanks you and God bless.

Fingers crossed it will be good news
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Shokoloko(f): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hello guys,
My mother is a retiree living on the proceeds from a couple of rented properties she owns. She has a very healthy account.
Does she need a tax clearance.
I keep hearing about the need for a tax clearance but when I went to the british embassy website it wasnt part of the requirements.
So I need to know if the tax clearance is absolutely necessary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 6packdude: 2:17am On Jun 10, 2015
Hi all, can someone tell me what my chances are with the UK if any. I attended school in England between 2003/2004 then some problems back home and voluntarily went back to Nigeria without withdrawing from school (I was quite young then). I tried to come back later after while school semester was in session and I was denied entry at port of entry and visa cancelled.

Now i'm planning on visiting friends and family and as a US citizen, i know i can just get up and leave but my situation is a lil different. Even though it's more than 10 years, I still worry and feel i need to apply for a visa. I went online and started the application but there's a portion in the online application asking if you ever departed the UK on your own which i did.

Or am i worrying too much and can just buy my ticket and head out there? I don't wanna take a chance because i'd be really upset with myself if I'm denied entry at the airport and then the humiliation, the time, and the money wasted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lake77side: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2015
Hello guys
I want to apply for a uk visa for my sis inlaw.i planned to submit the application with that of my wife and children's 5 year visa renewal she's a student at yabatech and she has obtained a letter from the rector of the school.i want know what other docs to put apart from my bank statement,marriage cert,school fees receipts and a letter of introduction from me.
Note
I have a valid 5 year visa.
Thanks forumite for your anticipated prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:17am On Jun 10, 2015
6packdude:
Hi all, can someone tell me what my chances are with the UK if any. I attended school in England between 2003/2004 then some problems back home and voluntarily went back to Nigeria without withdrawing from school (I was quite young then). I tried to come back later after while school semester was in session and I was denied entry at port of entry and visa cancelled.

Now i'm planning on visiting friends and family and as a US citizen, i know i can just get up and leave but my situation is a lil different. Even though it's more than 10 years, I still worry and feel i need to apply for a visa. I went online and started the application but there's a portion in the online application asking if you ever departed the UK on your own which i did.

Or am i worrying too much and can just buy my ticket and head out there? I don't wanna take a chance because i'd be really upset with myself if I'm denied entry at the airport and then the humiliation, the time, and the money wasted.

Though you don't need a visa but you may need to give British embassy a call to be sure

See my attachment

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:18am On Jun 10, 2015
lake77side:
Hello guys
I want to apply for a uk visa for my sis inlaw.i planned to submit the application with that of my wife and children's 5 year visa renewal she's a student at yabatech and she has obtained a letter from the rector of the school.i want know what other docs to put apart from my bank statement,marriage cert,school fees receipts and a letter of introduction from me.
Note
I have a valid 5 year visa.
Thanks forumite for your anticipated prompt response.

Add progress report to that list.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2015
Shokoloko:
Hello guys,
My mother is a retiree living on the proceeds from a couple of rented properties she owns. She has a very healthy account.
Does she need a tax clearance.
I keep hearing about the need for a tax clearance but when I went to the british embassy website it wasnt part of the requirements.
So I need to know if the tax clearance is absolutely necessary

You only need tax clearance if you are running a business.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 6packdude: 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
justwise:

Though you don't need a visa but you may need to give British embassy a call to be sure

See my attachment
@justwise,
Thanks a lot for the response. This may sound strange but I've been unable to find a number to call to make this inquiry. Is there a way to get a number for the visa office? I called the Washington and New York office, they don't do visa or take question on such
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
6packdude:

@justwise,
Thanks a lot for the response. This may sound strange but I've been unable to find a number to call to make this inquiry. Is there a way to get a number for the visa office? I called the Washington and New York office, they don't do visa or take question on such

In that case that is noting else you can do other than to visit and see what happens at the POE.

Take documents that will support your citizenship and explain things at POE if asked. The most important thing is to be as honest as possible when stopped and questioned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 6packdude: 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
justwise:

[/b]

In that case that is noting else you can do other than to visit and see what happens at the POE.

Take documents that will support your citizenship and explain things at POE if asked. The most important thing is to be as honest as possible when stopped and questioned.
Yeah I've been thinking of doing just that. My only hope is that I don't get rejected after planning for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lake77side: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
Thanks just wise but please what is progress report.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chapclosings: 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
@ Gaskinachi. Thanks

I have picked up my package and it was ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
6packdude:

Yeah I've been thinking of doing just that. My only hope is that I don't get rejected after planning for the trip.

I totally understand that but you can only give it a try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
lake77side:
Thanks just wise but please what is progress report.

Previous result statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hello Justwise,

I applied using information from the website and you helped personally,

i am grateful for this although the application was refused today.

I applied online on the 18th of may and submitted on the 21st of may and recieved the package today at the VI centre,

PLease find attached the refusal letter, I am not discouraged and willing to try again.

My question now is how soon can i reapply without seeming desperate, my leave is in august.
Do i use the same set of documents i tendered when applying the first tim/

i have read through the reasons for refusal and the points that the ECO raised for refusal.
It all points to insufficient funds/money lodgement.
My GTB account is my savings and salary account. as a worker in church sometimes i get cash which i have paid into my account on three or four occassions.

ECO Highlighted five lodgements but stated just four.
26/03/15 - My boyfriend was expecting 350k from a gtb account and he told the person to transfer it to me. I transfered the exact same amount to his own skye account the next day 27/03/15.
31/05/15 - May has just 30 days. i could not have recieved any money on the 31st. The only money i recieved apart from my salary in the month of may was on the 05/05 the sum of 50k from my boyfriend and he gave it to me for my MSC grad as a gift. from the same skye account i transfered the 350k to.
02/04/15- I payed in 90k into my account cash deposit --- This money is for food in church for an event which i later transfered to the food vendor on the 02 June.
20/04/15 - I payed in 95k into my account cash deposit ---- This money is for food in church for an event which i later transfered 100k to the food vendor on the 01st June. The 5K extra was my personal contribution to the event.

Every other money in the account belongs to me, I did not lodge monies. there are other inflows of 20k 40 k and so on. But even this ones highlighted does not form the bulk of my finances.

As of today that i got the refusal, i have paid out all monies except for another 50k in my possession which belongs to church and have a balance of 1. 53k.

Maybe i overbudgeted for the trip, i will find a way to cut this down in my next application.

i have been very honest with you and gicen you a breakdown so you can advise administratively and tell me how to go about my next application. Please find attached a scanned copy pf the refusal letter.

Thank you as i look forward to your response.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
eniayooke:
Hello Justwise,

I applied using information from the website and you helped personally,

i am grateful for this although the application was refused today.

I applied online on the 18th of may and submitted on the 21st of may and recieved the package today at the VI centre,

PLease find attached the refusal letter, I am not discouraged and willing to try again.

My question now is how soon can i reapply without seeming desperate, my leave is in august.
Do i use the same set of documents i tendered when applying the first tim/

i have read through the reasons for refusal and the points that the ECO raised for refusal.
It all points to insufficient funds/money lodgement.
My GTB account is my savings and salary account. as a worker in church sometimes i get cash which i have paid into my account on three or four occassions.

ECO Highlighted five lodgements but stated just four.
26/03/15 - My boyfriend was expecting 350k from a gtb account and he told the person to transfer it to me. I transfered the exact same amount to his own skye account the next day 27/03/15.
31/05/15 - May has just 30 days. i could not have recieved any money on the 31st. The only money i recieved apart from my salary in the month of may was on the 05/05 the sum of 50k from my boyfriend and he gave it to me for my MSC grad as a gift. from the same skye account i transfered the 350k to.
02/04/15- I payed in 90k into my account cash deposit --- This money is for food in church for an event which i later transfered to the food vendor on the 02 June.
20/04/15 - I payed in 95k into my account cash deposit ---- This money is for food in church for an event which i later transfered 100k to the food vendor on the 01st June. The 5K extra was my personal contribution to the event.

Every other money in the account belongs to me, I did not lodge monies. there are other inflows of 20k 40 k and so on. But even this ones highlighted does not form the bulk of my finances.

As of today that i got the refusal, i have paid out all monies except for another 50k in my possession which belongs to church and have a balance of 1. 53k.

Maybe i overbudgeted for the trip, i will find a way to cut this down in my next application.

i have been very honest with you and gicen you a breakdown so you can advise administratively and tell me how to go about my next application. Please find attached a scanned copy pf the refusal letter.

Thank you as i look forward to your response.

Those 3 huge payments you made without explaining it did not help your application.

How long did you state that you will be staying and will you be accommodated by your aunt?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
hii

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
ok i said ill be staying for 10 days
i put my auntys tenancy agreeent and stated that she will be accomodating me.
did you see the refusal letter.
what do i do now.

justwise:

Those 3 huge payments you made without explaining it did not help your application.

How long did you state that you will be staying and will you be accommodated by your aunt?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
eniayooke:
ok i said ill be staying for 10 days
i put my auntys tenancy agreeent and stated that she will be accomodating me.
did you see the refusal letter.
what do i do now.

Since your aunt will be accommodating you then you over budgeted the trip. The only major expenditure there should be flight ticket.

Budgeting to spend close to £2000 in 10 days does not make economic sense.

Yea I saw the refusal letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
justwise:

grin A girl can soon spend that much! Clothes, shoes, handbags. shocked shocked grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
worry357:

grin A girl can soon spend that much! Clothes, shoes, handbags. shocked shocked grin grin

grin grin that is another topic entirely
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
chapclosings:
@ Gaskinachi. Thanks

I have picked up my package and it was ok.

Ok = got the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ancestorial(m): 7:02am On Jun 11, 2015
Pls I Strongly Need Your Advices,,my Broda Was Refused Entry To Uk In March And He Wants To Apply For US Visa Next Month, Please What Are His Chances? And Do Uk And US Embasies Work Hand In Hand?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 7:23am On Jun 11, 2015
ancestorial:
Pls I Strongly Need Your Advices,,my Broda Was Refused Entry To Uk In March And He Wants To Apply For US Visa Next Month, Please What Are His Chances? And Do Uk And US Embasies Work Hand In Hand?
No one can advise you if you do not give details of why he was rejected!
list the reasons and the code given on his rejection slip, then someone may be able help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 9:05am On Jun 11, 2015
Oh dear
Please advise what do i do now
My leave is due 1st week aug.
Would like to reapply and dont want a refusal.
Meanwhile I hope i havent been banned.
justwise:

Since your aunt will be accommodating you then you over budgeted the trip. The only major expenditure there should be flight ticket.

Yea I saw the refusal letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 11, 2015
urch999:

OK. thanks bro i appreciate

Justwise i dey greet ooo...

My friend in Uk just helped me to book a hotel with his card right now. I just have some questions to ask regarding this cos am still filling the online form.

1. I want to state my total budget to be 1300GBP.

750 GBP for flight ticket

300GBP for feeding

250GBP for miscellaneous and transportation.

But the hotel my friend booked is on hold, will the embassy verify if the hotel booking is yet to be paid for? if so, that means i will have to state that accommodation is inclusive in the total amount?

Or should i go ahead with my above calculation? that's if they do not verify if the hotel booking is to be paid for.

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.