Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,077 members, 7,828,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983361 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babylawyr(f): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
justwise:

In that case all she need to do is to reapply and point out their mistake in a letter. Using a lawyer is just waste of money in my opinion though.

Very many thanks Justwise. I appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
please my people i am having problems finding a very cheap flight to the uk to help me present my travel budget very well. can anyone help me with the amount of the cheapest flight to the uk currently.

urgent reply needed asap.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DAVEZONIGLTD: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
Nice work.. Bro Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Oluebbie: 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Goodday house, I must say welldone to everyone who has been of help to others on the forum.

I need some proper guidance .

I am a pregnant PhD student in UK in my third year already.
My husband is here with me with our 3 year old son.
We intend to invite my mum-in-law on arrival on the baby to ease things.
The baby is due towards the end of the year.
My mum-in-law doesn't have a travel history and she is a retired civil servant.
Please what are the documents or things we need to put in place for her application?
Please I will appreciate detailed information as we are clueless about this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
chisco8:

Can I inbox you my email?

Sure. Drop your email here or send me a pm.

It's a 54pages document. I guess it's too large which is the reason I am unable to upload it here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Oluebbie
Do not mention "helping with baby" in her application.
They might treat it as un-paid work and reject her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Oluebbie: 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
worry357:
Oluebbie
Do not mention "helping with baby" in her application.
They might treat it as un-paid work and reject her.

Thanks for pointing that out. We could have made that mistake unintentionally.
How would you suggest we put it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Oluebbie:

Thanks for pointing that out. We could have made that mistake unintentionally.
How would you suggest we put it?
Visit to see grand child. (if it's first even better)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
Oluebbie:
Goodday house, I must say welldone to everyone who has been of help to others on the forum.

I need some proper guidance .

I am a pregnant PhD student in UK in my third year already.
My husband is here with me with our 3 year old son.
We intend to invite my mum-in-law on arrival on the baby to ease things.
The baby is due towards the end of the year.
My mum-in-law doesn't have a travel history and she is a retired civil servant.
Please what are the documents or things we need to put in place for her application?
Please I will appreciate detailed information as we are clueless about this.

Is your mum receiving pension?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
DAVEZONIGLTD:
Nice work.. Bro Justwise

Thanks bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Oluebbie: 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
justwise:

Is your mum receiving pension?

Well her pension hasn't been paid in almost 6 months now.
The state government is still owning her/them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
Oluebbie:

Well her pension hasn't been paid in almost 6 months now.
The state government is still owning her/them.

Ok, as long as you can afford to have her around then no problem.....you need to show that you have adequate accommodation for her, the unborn baby and the rest of family. At least two bedroom flat.

Enough in your bank account to proof that you can take care of things.

All she need to show is her pension book, retirement letter and her passport. Somebody has to help her complete the form online, upload supporting documents and make payment online as well then get a date for physical submission. The same set of documents submitted online and the application form will be submitted at the visa centre and get biometric done the same day.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by meeik: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hello @justwise I had my visa interview at teleperformance on Thursday last week but up till now I haven't gotten any mail from them ever since. Is this safe? Should I call them? Moreso my prog starts nxt week Monday.. Do you think all is on track?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
urch999:
please my people i am having problems finding a very cheap flight to the uk to help me present my travel budget very well. can anyone help me with the amount of the cheapest flight to the uk currently.

urgent reply needed asap.

thanks

Try wakanow.come or use skyscanner to gave the current fare using your travel dates. For now the average fare to UK is about USD 1400 inclusive of taxes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
meeik:
Hello @justwise I had my visa interview at teleperformance on Thursday last week but up till now I haven't gotten any mail from them ever since. Is this safe? Should I call them? Moreso my prog starts nxt week Monday.. Do you think all is on track?

Student visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by meeik: 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
Yes student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayla1: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hello Guys, I must say kudos to everyone in the forum for all the good jobs.

I applied for a short visit visa to the UK and got a response from Sheffield on the 12th June that a decision have been made, and I should wait 3-5 days for collection. Today is the 4th day(working days), and nothing has been updated on the Teleperformance website( I submitted at VI). Someone suggested I go there by noon tomorrow.

Please can sm1 save my life b4 anxiety go kill me ooo!
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:52am On Jun 19, 2015
@Justwise

Hi how are you this morning, I want some advice please.

My coworker recently informed me that the financial minimum requirements for the UK spouse visa is about to increase to over £20k pa...I cannot find any info on this and believe she is full of s**t tongue

Could you please ease my worries, as this will no doubt complicate matters for my husbands visa application.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:35am On Jun 19, 2015
justwise:

Student visa?

You need to contact them but you applied too late.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:39am On Jun 19, 2015
Portsmouth86:
@Justwise

Hi how are you this morning, I want some advice please.

My coworker recently informed me that the financial minimum requirements for the UK spouse visa is about to increase to over £20k pa...I cannot find any info on this and believe she is full of s**t tongue

Could you please ease my worries, as this will no doubt complicate matters for my husbands visa application.

Cheers

Hi Portsmouth86,

You ok?

I seriously doubt that, there is an appeal waiting for a date for the current £18600, the first appeal failed and another one is pending, so i don't see Home Office increasing the financial requirement again. If that happens then people will use the loophole to get their partners into the UK.

I have searched online and did not see any news or consultation about it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:41am On Jun 19, 2015
ayla1:
Hello Guys, I must say kudos to everyone in the forum for all the good jobs.

I applied for a short visit visa to the UK and got a response from Sheffield on the 12th June that a decision have been made, and I should wait 3-5 days for collection. Today is the 4th day(working days), and nothing has been updated on the Teleperformance website( I submitted at VI). Someone suggested I go there by noon tomorrow.

Please can sm1 save my life b4 anxiety go kill me ooo!
Thanks.

You need to contact the embassy. There contact details are on their website.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
justwise:

1. That will not look good on her application, why would her husband's friend sponsor her? That is the first question.

2. That amount is too little because flight ticket alone will take 3 x that amount.

3. If she is running a registered business then yes she will need one.

Thank you justwise, May you grow more and more in knowledge,wisdom and understanding... Just want to ask if her Step father can possible sponsor her, Presently she"s having 800k+ in her account but the issue is the tax clearance which will signify that she earns between 70-80k monthly...She has a registered company and two kids already.... Her hubby is presently in the Uk but have overstayed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bisolar: 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
My boss got his UK visa today despite having been refused once, first time traveler, having 400k plus in his account, submitting a March bank statement in June and applying with a date of birth different from the one he applied earlier.
He was jittery but I calmed him down and told him to just explain in the additional information page what happened.

When he got the mail that he had been assessed 7 days after he applied I got a little scared in case he had been refused.

So happy for him sha.
grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by classichique: 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sirs, pls in the part of the form that says how much is available for ur trip. Am I supposed to write the sum of me and my husbands money? Or just what is in my own acc?

Also who is paying for ur trip....should I fill 'self' or my husband and I.?

My husband had 1.5M in his acc....I have 1.4M
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
classichique:
Sirs, pls in the part of the form that says how much is available for ur trip. Am I supposed to write the sum of me and my husbands money? Or just what is in my own acc?
Also who is paying for ur trip....should I fill 'self' or my husband and I.?
My husband had 1.5M in his acc....I have 1.4M

This means how much u av for the trip not your entire savings, Make a budget of wat u plan spending..flight+hotel+expenses during the trip...note: do not over budget as this leads to refusal most times...good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
M
Bisolar:
Hi everyone!
Good work here.
I have sort of become a UK visa expert thanks to you guys.
Justwise! Welledone! I remember how kind you were to me last year.
Now I usually feel like a guru when I help people out lol.. kiss

Just a few questions based on what I noticed when I helped my boss apply last week.
What's with this teleperformance new 18k payment for submitting at Ikeja?
This people think say 18k easy like that for some paltry emails (about 4 or 5 in total) from teleperformance basically telling him the progress of his application.
I mean it was cool and all to know what's up with the visa application but was it worth 18k? Coz I know they also used to send emails before so what's new?
We tried using VI but all the dates for June except one was booked and his travel date was in June so we had to hurry.
Appointment booking for Ikeja was pretty easy sha. Though Ikeja self was jam packedon the submission date.

Secondly, My boss submitted last week Monday and got a mail that it had been assessed yesterday(Monday) and a mail for collection today?
First time traveller. Isn't that a bit fast? Just a week. I pray it's not a rejection oh. pls tell me your experiences.

Thanks guys!

@ Poster, Time frame has nothing to do with granting or rejection. I felt the same during my application. It happened just within 7 days and was even invited for an interview within the period and my visa was granted. Many thanks to Justwise for giving me audience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bisolar: 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
zoomzu:
M
Thanks a lot. I came to that conclusion too when he called that he got it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hi everyone, @justwise,
Im here again, now ready to prepare my application for business visa for UK, pls advice as follows:

1. Documents needed for business visa(Official Trip, we have gotten IV from the Company in UK)
2. Personal documents needed
3. I have around 800k in an account I use for savings, i dont really have any debit in this account, i basically use it for savings. I usually transfer money from my GTB account. Presently my GTB account that I run regulary currently has zero balance due to commitments. But I have 1000usd(commission from Independent Sales Agent to a chinese company) in my dom account. What do you advice here?
4. I was refused UK visa in 2014 August on virgin Passport(due to financial reasons by the VO), but now I have been to Germany, Italy and France.
5. How do I go about UK Visa application with this new application centre?
6. How do I upload supporting documents?
7. I have a Hair salon registered but I currently use my personal account for the business, and I dont have TAX cert. What do you think?

Kindly help guide me through this application please.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
justwise:

Hi Portsmouth86,

You ok?

I seriously doubt that, there is an appeal waiting for a date for the current £18600, the first appeal failed and another one is pending, so i don't see Home Office increasing the financial requirement again. If that happens then people will use the loophole to get their partners into the UK.

I have searched online and did not see any news or consultation about it.

Ok I thought as much, some people eh undecided

Fingers crossed for the new appeal, hopefully something positive will come out of it wink

the loophole... Is that the one where id need to move to ROI for 3 months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Ok I thought as much, some people eh undecided

Fingers crossed for the new appeal, hopefully something positive will come out of it wink

the loophole... Is that the one where id need to move to ROI for 3 months?

Yup, some are forced to do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:17am On Jun 20, 2015
JADESOLA15:
Hi everyone, @justwise,
Im here again, now ready to prepare my application for business visa for UK, pls advice as follows:

1. Documents needed for business visa(Official Trip, we have gotten IV from the Company in UK)
2. Personal documents needed
3. I have around 800k in an account I use for savings, i dont really have any debit in this account, i basically use it for savings. I usually transfer money from my GTB account. Presently my GTB account that I run regulary currently has zero balance due to commitments. But I have 1000usd(commission from Independent Sales Agent to a chinese company) in my dom account. What do you advice here?
4. I was refused UK visa in 2014 August on virgin Passport(due to financial reasons by the VO), but now I have been to Germany, Italy and France.
5. How do I go about UK Visa application with this new application centre?
6. How do I upload supporting documents?
7. I have a Hair salon registered but I currently use my personal account for the business, and I dont have TAX cert. What do you think?

Kindly help guide me through this application please.

Thanks

Who is paying for this trip?

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.