Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,103 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986935 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
you need to include both your savings and salary account. Pay slips. employment letter, leave approval letter , hotel reservation, detailed itinerary for the 7 days, and your budget i think.
for number 2, read ogreene's posts.
pizonewave:
Hey justwise,

I salute you and everyone else for all the help you have rendered through this thread, God bless you real good. A quick one.

1. i intend making a short trip to the UK later in the year (7days, will stay at a hotel in london). wont be going with my wife cause she cant get off work as she just got back from maternity leave. i have a few accounts but i will be using the statements for the savings account in which i save consistently with. payments of 80k monthly as savings, current balance is about 1.1M. my monthly pay is 350kper month and i have traveled severally over the past 5yrs (training and family Vacation) i currently hold a valid US visa, as i was there earlier in the year.
How do would you advise i approach my application.

2. A friend got refused some months back cos he had a large deposit in his savings account prior to his application that wasn't explained. tho in truth he was paid one of his allowances, so he simply transferred it from his current account into his savings account. he presented both statements, but alas.
He wants to reapply, any tips for him?

thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sparklerii: 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Congrats to Ogreene!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
[quote author=CuteAngel post=36638272][/quote]

@CuteAngel. Best of Luck. Most people who re-apply after correcting errors mentioned in refusal letter are granted visa. Yours will not be an exception IJN
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
blessedfavoured:
you need to include both your savings and salary account. Pay slips. employment letter, leave approval letter , hotel reservation, detailed itinerary for the 7 days, and your budget i think.
for number 2, read ogreene's posts.

As mentioned above, please include your salary account that shows your salary of 350K and write a cover letter explaining that the 80k is personal savings from your salary account. In my application i wrote a cover letter and indicated that all deposits in my GTb were from my SCB salary account, i had at times 200k transferred from salary to saving account but i explained everything in my cover letter.

Let your friend re-apply and provide documented evidence(eg letter from Finance dept) that the money was his allowance and he simple transferred it to his saving account from his salary account. I am sad that many still donate visa fee to BHC cos they don't know that large lodgement of any kind is like a crime in UK visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Poshpearlie: 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm new here and have read some threads back. I'm applying for a UK tourist visa, I'm gainfully employed. I want to ask if the tax clearance card is part of what I need to submit. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uptown17: 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Poshpearlie:
Hi everyone, I'm new here and have read some threads back. I'm applying for a UK tourist visa, I'm gainfully employed. I want to ask if the tax clearance card is part of what I need to submit. Thanks

you should include a copy of it in your application or provide a letter from your employer stating your tax is being deducted and remiited n ur card is under processing (that is if you have no card)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
uptown17:

@iblaw in april, hubby got the money from colleague A and transferred same to colleague B 3days later.
we dont know what paper evidence to give since refund wasnt to colleague A. what excuse can be tenable
we need to apply end august. please help ooooooooo gurus

Let your husband just think of something depending on the nature of his job and also indicate in cover letter that the money left 3 days later for so so thing eg your husband is supervising a project, help someone complete a transactions. It will be good if whatever he decides can be supported with any document.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by swizy: 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
OGreene:
Thanks to the person that suggested I fill the complaint form on TLS. I filled this form on Monday and in few hours I got 2 responses from Visas and Immigrations and TLS that my application has been processed and I will pick my passport shortly. Today, Wednesday, I said let me go to VAC and check sef, they said it's ready. I picked it up, visa was stamped since 30th July.

As if I knew the delay wasn't ordinary. Human error tho... undecided You guys can remember how I panicked about re-scheduling the hotel booking, it wasn't funny.

Good to know it was helpful. Hoping to hear from them next week on my application. The kind of error that has followed this my reapplication... I can only hope for the best. Apparently, they just created a yahoo mail for me n used it to register n process my application. Right now I can't track my application, but I expect a response from Sheffield by next week that a decision has been made.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2015
OGreene:
Thanks askari01, Kyre, Ralphlauren, Iblaw, CuteAngel, blessedfavoured, justwise et al. This site is awesome! I hv gained a lot of knowledge in here.

Your welcome bro,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 12:54am On Aug 06, 2015
Kyre, Ralphlauren, Iblaw, CuteAngel, blessedfavoured, justwise,Ogreen.... Kindly save me from this headache bro, I posted my questions about my Sister who got an invitation to attend a church anniversary in the UK... Her IV and Hotel booking with the church's statement arrived today and when i asked you which of the forms to fill , Some said standard visit and some said general visit... On getting online today , I chose general visitor but to my surprise the visa is a tourist visa intended for applicants wanting to come to the UK on holiday., i tried to answer all the pages but i didn't see any where th4 asked a question like Who invited you? I went back again and chose Business Visit.... andhere are the 3 questionx asked,

1.Is the main purpose of your trip to visit/stay with a close family relative who is settled in the UK? I chose NO
2. Do you intend to set yourself up in business in the UK? NO
3. Do you have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) Reference Number? NO

Immediately after the questions , I proceeded with filling the forms and to my surprise I got to a page asking for the name of organisation inviting you? Since the IV is from church , I wrote the name of the church....

Kindly let me know if I have done the right thing before submitting the form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 12:57am On Aug 06, 2015
Please has anyone flown Royal Air Maroc or Kenyan Airways recently? Are they cool?
Bcoz August prices re not friendly right now angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 1:13am On Aug 06, 2015
@askari01, no idea. Sorry

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 1:40am On Aug 06, 2015
OGreene:
Please has anyone flown Royal Air Maroc or Kenyan Airways recently? Are they cool?
Bcoz August prices re not friendly right now angry

try travelstart they always have good last minute deals. but make sure you wont have any reason to miss your flight or change your date. if not sorry go be ya name, the money you'll have to pay to reschedule might be enough to buy you another ticket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 1:44am On Aug 06, 2015
im not sure askari01, but check this link to see if it applies to your sisters case
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/business-visitor-religious-workers-vat14/business-visitor-religious-workers-vat14

but i think it should be general visitors, and the organisation inviting her is the Church so you are right.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:55am On Aug 06, 2015
OGreene:
Portsmouth86, pls what's d cheapest August 8-13th? I hv been seeing 250k upwards.

Hey

Check www.skyscanner.net

change your country to Nigeria and also the currency tab to NGN

flight prices will be higher in peak times, UK school holidays are always a lot higher plus you are wanting to fly in only a few days time, so of course it will be costly

shocked

Hope this helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:21am On Aug 06, 2015
Alright Portsmouth86

Thanks Blessedfavoured

Portsmouth86:

Hey

Check www.skyscanner.net

change your country to Nigeria and also the currency tab to NGN

flight prices will be higher in peak times, UK school holidays are always a lot higher plus you are wanting to fly in only a few days time, so of course it will be costly

shocked

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:37am On Aug 06, 2015
OGreene:
Alright Portsmouth86

Thanks Blessedfavoured

No worries, that's what we are all here for, for advice, anytime just ask wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 7:42am On Aug 06, 2015
OGreene:
@askari01, no idea. Sorry

OGREENE..... U don make me laff tire.... U see case wey pass you today.... don't worry, Let's hear what others are gonna say...fingerz crossed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2015
blessedfavoured:
im not sure askari01, but check this link to see if it applies to your sisters case
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/business-visitor-religious-workers-vat14/business-visitor-religious-workers-vat14

but i think it should be general visitors, and the organisation inviting her is the Church so you are right.

Thanks blessedFavoured, I have actually read the link and that's the more reason why I threw the question on here, so as to be double sure of what to choose... From what I gathered, anyone going for a church program in the UK must go thru business Visa... Read what I copied from the link u sent to me below

"Visiting religious workers, who come to the UK for a particular event, such as a conference or other similar event, may be asked to give a sermon or otherwise preach or give some pastoral care during the course of their visit. This is permissible under the definition of a business visitor [/b]provided the individual is [b]based abroad and does not intend to take up an office, post or appointment here."

So I think she belongs to the Business Visitor category.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yjb85: 8:45am On Aug 06, 2015
Did you submit any sick note from a doctor in the UK to support that?

We hard this argument here couples of months ago, for the fact that you were given 6months visa does not mean you can stay as long as you want within that 6months, your visa technically is tired to the number of weeks or months you told them that you will be staying during your application.

There is nothing much you can do now..go ahead and apply for your spouse visa and state honestly what happened and apologise, you may be forgiven or they will refuse you and give you the right of appeal then you take it from there.

@justwise thank you so much for your advice i will aply and pray everything goes well.
please i need some clarifications since i will be applying for settlement visa in october:

-is my hubby submitting application form here in Lagos or Sheffield
-do i need to print my own call log cos he has printed his or can we use his own
waiting for your response. thank you in advance.
-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:08am On Aug 06, 2015
blessed2bless:
Good afternoon all,
Please I am new here and will appreciate any advice from the house. I intend going for my convocation in the UK next month. My dad is sponsoring me. My dad is a retiree and has about 3m in his pensions acct. Also he currently has a little above 800k in his savings acct. My dad receives allowance monthly from my siblings within & outside d country. Please I'll like to know if we need to show source of fund. Also, abt 500k was withdrawn from my dad's acct 5weeks ago and deposited back 3weeks ago. Pls I'll like to know if we need to explain this.
Thanks alot

Yes source of the fund need to be provided

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Good day Justwise and Honourable visa gurus.

Do I have to fill application at https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa and schedule appointment at tlscontact?

Thank you.

This is the link you need https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply just follow the instruction
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
tay0:

I was refused based on my financials on student visa in 2006. I plan on taking my family on vacation this year. Just need to get things right now

Ok, can you list the documents you have now and your take home salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2015
pizonewave:
Hey justwise,

I salute you and everyone else for all the help you have rendered through this thread, God bless you real good. A quick one.

1. i intend making a short trip to the UK later in the year (7days, will stay at a hotel in london). wont be going with my wife cause she cant get off work as she just got back from maternity leave. i have a few accounts but i will be using the statements for the savings account in which i save consistently with. payments of 80k monthly as savings, current balance is about 1.1M. my monthly pay is 350kper month and i have traveled severally over the past 5yrs (training and family Vacation) i currently hold a valid US visa, as i was there earlier in the year.
How do would you advise i approach my application.

2. A friend got refused some months back cos he had a large deposit in his savings account prior to his application that wasn't explained. tho in truth he was paid one of his allowances, so he simply transferred it from his current account into his savings account. he presented both statements, but alas.
He wants to reapply, any tips for him?

thanks in anticipation.

You have a good immigration profile and your salary is good, list those documents you have for the application lets see if anything is missing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2015
OGreene:
Thanks askari01, Kyre, Ralphlauren, Iblaw, CuteAngel, blessedfavoured, justwise et al. This site is awesome! I hv gained a lot of knowledge in here.

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2015
Poshpearlie:

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2015
yjb85:

Did you submit any sick note from a doctor in the UK to support that?

We hard this argument here couples of months ago, for the fact that you were given 6months visa does not mean you can stay as long as you want within that 6months, your visa technically is tired to the number of weeks or months you told them that you will be staying during your application.

There is nothing much you can do now..go ahead and apply for your spouse visa and state honestly what happened and apologise, you may be forgiven or they will refuse you and give you the right of appeal then you take it from there.

@justwise thank you so much for your advice i will aply and pray everything goes well.
please i need some clarifications since i will be applying for settlement visa in october:

-is my hubby submitting application form here in Lagos or Sheffield
-do i need to print my own call log cos he has printed his or can we use his own
waiting for your response. thank you in advance.
-

Your hubby need to submit his own package to Sheffield while you submit yours in Lagos.(That is if he is based here in the UK)

You can submit your own call log if you call your husband from time to time but if he is the only one making the calls then his own call log alone will do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:49am On Aug 06, 2015
I submitted d tax clearance doc sha. Dunno if it's compulsory or just additional

justwise:
[/b]

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:15am On Aug 06, 2015
OGreene:
I submitted d tax clearance doc sha. Dunno if it's compulsory or just additional

Not needed as you are not the company/business owner

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.