Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982767 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
smartmachine:

alright thanks..but should i write the balance in pound sterling on the bank statement

Use Oanda currency website to get the exchange rate of the day you are submitting it then print it out and attach to your application package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ameeno: 10:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
Justwise please i have a problem and i need your help; i am applying for a uk visa and i have a salary account with a balance of 175,000 and a personal savings account with a balance of 2.2 million. please i will like to know if this will pose as a problem n the embassy and how best i can explain the funds of 2.2 million to the embassy as it is my savings that has accumulated over 5 years. thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by londongirl101: 10:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
princess_skishy: Hello, pls, I want to know if I can extend our stay while buying our real ticket. We wrote that we will be staying for two weeks in our application. I want to know if we can buy ticket with 3 weeks duration of stay or will it be a problem at the port of entry. Thanks

It really should not be a problem, if your visa is six months or more you can decide to stay for three weeks especially if its a multiple entry visa. Just make sure you have your return ticket to show immigration on entry into the UK, you should be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Alberta12(m): 8:58pm On Feb 13, 2013
Justwise please help me ooooooo. I tried submitting photocopies of appeal at lekki and waltercarrington and I was told they have stopped collecting appeals there. Pls it is an appeal to the first tier against a decision of an entry clearance officer. Pls help me I have like 10 working days left. Please I intend to pay for paper hearing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by honeychild(f): 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
Good day house

Please I noticed that UK Border officials do not stamp your passport as you are leaving the UK. Does this mean they have no record of how long one stays in the country?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:05am On Feb 14, 2013
Alberta_12: Justwise please help me ooooooo. I tried submitting photocopies of appeal at lekki and waltercarrington and I was told they have stopped collecting appeals there. Pls it is an appeal to the first tier against a decision of an entry clearance officer. Pls help me I have like 10 working days left. Please I intend to pay for paper hearing.

You need to post it to the address on the appeal document, if you are given the right to appeal ECO's decision they will send you package which contains the form, instruction about the appeal and the address where to submit your appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:06am On Feb 14, 2013
ameeno: Justwise please i have a problem and i need your help; i am applying for a uk visa and i have a salary account with a balance of 175,000 and a personal savings account with a balance of 2.2 million. please i will like to know if this will pose as a problem n the embassy and how best i can explain the funds of 2.2 million to the embassy as it is my savings that has accumulated over 5 years. thank you
Explaining the fund is not what they like to hear, what they want to see is the credible evidence of the income, and you are the only one who can help in that, not Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by highlyfavored: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2013
Good-day great people. i was invited alongside my children for a visit to the UK by my husband who is currently studying there. I have been denied visas before.
Please kindly advise me on the right kind of documents to go with this time and the best period to apply. My husband currently has about £2200 in d account and we intend to stay for 3 months. I have N3M in our joint account here. His program will be ending in August this year. Pls kindly advise me. pls help me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bobbyz1: 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Vicjustice:
It won't be deemed appropriate for you to apply for a 2 years visa at this stage, long term visas are issued on the basis of necessity, for regular travellers who are constantly in need of visa renewal.
And YES, a visa applicant with NI will 99.9% be subjected to a background check: But hey, if visa officers go through stress to check Nigerians with Nigerian documents that are difficult to verify, you really do think they won't have the time to enter your UK issued NI into their computer and see its record?

Thanks for responses vicjustice. Visa was acquiredd with no issues. Actually checked with hrmc myself and all was in order. Funny enough I managed to track my pal down and he laughed at me so hard as he didn't even know what I was on about.

Quick one, i'll be most definitely going on frequent business trips. However, i want to know if i can make some trips to primarily visit friends or family with this business visa. As i'm in europe a lot i may want to make a quick stop to see family even when i dont have business to attend to. Is this possible or i'll have an issue at ther border. Note that I listed these friends on my application and indicated that I won't be visiting them this first trip, which is true as it'll be strictly business. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
Good day mr justwise thank you for all the assistance and advice you gave when I was re applying. I am in The uk settled at the moment.there is something I need to find out please my wife is presently in a fashion. School and she. Should finish in july.we. Are trying to get her to do a short. Course. In london school of fashion in july august.from what I read I guess its. The student visitor she can apply for.the course is only about two weeks.please she would have to come with my daughter at that period.what do we have to do to get all this done.any idea about the student visitor visa and can she apply together with my daughter and also what are the requirements can my mother sponsor her.I already have accomodation for them cos where I am staying can accomodate them.please I need advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
dove30:
Good day mr justwise thank you for all the assistance and advice you gave when I was re applying. I am in The uk settled at the moment.there is something I need to find out please my wife is presently in a fashion. School and she. Should finish in july.we. Are trying to get her to do a short. Course. In london school of fashion in july august.from what I read I guess its. The student visitor she can apply for.the course is only about two weeks.please she would have to come with my daughter at that period.what do we have to do to get all this done.any idea about the student visitor visa and can she apply together with my daughter and also what are the requirements can my mother sponsor her.I already have accomodation for them cos where I am staying can accomodate them.please I need advice

This link will help you http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
dove30:
Your wife will be going to the UK to do a short course in London school of fashion, but what will she tell the visa officer that your daughter will be going to the UK to do also?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bobbyz1: 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bobby_z:

Thanks for responses vicjustice. Visa was acquiredd with no issues. Actually checked with hrmc myself and all was in order. Funny enough I managed to track my pal down and he laughed at me so hard as he didn't even know what I was on about.

Quick one, i'll be most definitely going on frequent business trips. However, i want to know if i can make some trips to primarily visit friends or family with this business visa. As i'm in europe a lot i may want to make a quick stop to see family even when i dont have business to attend to. Is this possible or i'll have an issue at ther border. Note that I listed these friends on my application and indicated that I won't be visiting them this first trip, which is true as it'll be strictly business. Thanks in advance.

Hi Justwise and Vicjustice. Would very much appreciate it if you could address my post above. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bobby_z:

If your visa is issued for business reasons, it would be expected of you (by the immigration officers) that your trips are business related. If you are using this particular visa for other purposes order than the purpose for which it was issued, the immigration officers reserve the rights to deny you entry and cancel the visa.
However, as a valid business visa holder, you do not need a separate (tourist) visa should you wish to visit the UK: it is allowed to use this visa for casual or pleasure visit provided you are able to justify the original purpose of the visa and that your other uses of the visa are supplementary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2013
Please is it possible for me to attend youth corps before applying for masters in Canada?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Vicjustice:
Your wife will be going to the UK to do a short course in London school of fashion, but what will she tell the visa officer that your daughter will be going to the UK to do also?
thank you very much that is more like an ecos question. Apparently my wife and daughter should be visiting me this summer and my wife is trying to use the opportunity to take the short course.but because there is no way she can take the course on the visitors visa the ukba advices to also fill student visitor course.so my child would be visiting her father. Who is on summer holiday too in the uk.am going to get my school to write the invitation letter supported with my own letter which they normally do for us.we have all finances to show and cover that they are able to come and go back with no issue moreover I am on my final year and also I have always put there names on my previous applications
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by welfare1(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
Justwise and vicjustic.

Thanks so much for your contribution on this platform it goes a straight way in solving visa issue. I appricate all of u. I got my 5years visa today after waiting for 15days which never happen to me before.

I check through my visa page today and notice that the reference number was missing from the back of the visa page(e.g lag 1234567). Is the omission a mistake? Should I get in touch wt them to complain of the omission because of future application. I want u advise on dis.

Thanks
Welfare.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
welfare1: Justwise and vicjustic.

Thanks so much for your contribution on this platform it goes a straight way in solving visa issue. I appricate all of u. I got my 5years visa today after waiting for 15days which never happen to me before.

I check through my visa page today and notice that the reference number was missing from the back of the visa page(e.g lag 1234567). Is the omission a mistake? Should I get in touch wt them to complain of the omission because of future application. I want u advise on dis.

Thanks
Welfare.
Well, the reference of your visa is in their system and they don't need you to advise them of any such omission: in fact, i doubt it is an omission, i think it is just not relevant
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
dove30:
You stated that your "wife will be going to the UK to do a short course in London school of fashion", but what will she tell the visa officer that your daughter will be going to the UK to do also?

dove30: thank you very much that is more like an ecos question. Apparently my wife and daughter should be visiting me this summer and my wife is trying to use the opportunity to take the short course.but because there is no way she can take the course on the visitors visa the ukba advices to also fill student visitor course.so my child would be visiting her father. Who is on summer holiday too in the uk.am going to get my school to write the invitation letter supported with my own letter which they normally do for us.we have all finances to show and cover that they are able to come and go back with no issue moreover I am on my final year and also I have always put there names on my previous applications
Your daughter is a minor, so by whose eligibility, or under whose rights is she visiting the UK?
As a person using a tourist visa on holiday in the UK, you are not eligible to invite your child to visit you in the country.
Well, I don't know how others might see this, but i must be honest to point out that your move is suspicious: and you don't want to give the visa officer some reasons to suspect that you and your family are migrating, do you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
@justwise/Nairaland

just submited my application las week friday. pls hw long does it take for them to reply cs one on the guy there said amonth due to high number of applicant
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
stone2x: @justwise/Nairaland

just submited my application las week friday. pls hw long does it take for them to reply cs one on the guy there said amonth due to high number of applicant

15 working days, might be less or even more. Today makes mine 10 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
Vicjustice:
You claim that your "wife will be going to the UK to do a short course in London school of fashion", but what will she tell the visa officer that your daughter will be going to the UK to do also?

Your daughter is a minor, so by whose eligibility, or under whose rights is she visiting the UK?
As a person using a tourist visa on holiday in the UK, you are not eligible to invite your child to visit you in the country.
Well, I don't know how others might see this, but i must be honest to point out that your move is suspicious: and you don't want to give the visa officer some reasons to suspect that you and your family are migrating, do you?
hello thank you for your reply.but I don't think you took your time to read my first post before your conclusion sir.I am not on a tourist visa.I have been studying in the uk for over 4 years now and I am still studying and in the uk now.and if you read my second post you should have seen where I wrote about me getting my university to write a letter to back up which they ususlly do.my friends at uni invite there parents to come and visit them through the school.I really don't see anything suspicious in wanting my wife and daughter to visit me while am ere.what is the use of sending almost 12 million naira to school for 5 years if my wife and daughter can't even visit me for atleast once.I have a good record and history with the embassy I have come to nigeria twice now to renew so what are we saying ere mr vic justice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
dove30: hello thank you for your reply.but I don't think you took your time to read my first post before your conclusion sir.I am not on a tourist visa.I have been studying in the uk for over 4 years now and I am still studying and in the uk now.and if you read my second post you should have seen where I wrote about me getting my university to write a letter to back up which they ususlly do.my friends at uni invite there parents to come and visit them through the school.I really don't see anything suspicious in wanting my wife and daughter to visit me while am ere.what is the use of sending almost 12 million naira to school for 5 years if my wife and daughter can't even visit me for atleast once.I have a good record and history with the embassy I have come to nigeria twice now to renew so what are we saying ere mr vic justice
I responded to your query with the (mis)understanding that you are a visitor in the UK and that the mentioned school is one in Nigeria. Please, disregard my comments in this regard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
Vicjustice:
I responded to your query with the (mis)understanding that you are a visitor in the UK and that the mentioned school in one in Nigeria. Please, disregard my comments in this regard
. Its fine sir am humble to this forum and everyone ere because it has helped me a lot in the past.you acting like the eco ere and am responding like the apllicant so its. A open forum.but still I wouldn't mind. More light to be shed on the issue for me because that's why I came to the forum to hear all the comments and opinion and advice from everyone in here.thank you sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
dove30: . Its fine sir am humble to this forum and everyone ere because it has helped me a lot in the past.you acting like the eco ere and am responding like the apllicant so its. A open forum.but still I wouldn't mind. More light to be shed on the issue for me because that's why I came to the forum to hear all the comments and opinion and advice from everyone in here.thank you sir
From your manners and the overwhelming respect..., would i be wrong to assume that you are a (pure) Yoruba man?
Anyway, to respond to your original query, i like to suggest that since your daughter and your wife are not going to the UK for the same reason, it would be ideal for your wife to apply for her visa alone, and when granted, any or both of you can always (in future) apply for a visit visa for your daughter.
Things are easier when done orderly, and though, i am not outrightly saying that they would be refused visas if they (your wife and daughter) apply together, but there is a high chance that both of them would be refused on circumstantial ground.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smithjanetstore: 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2013
nairalanders ill like to apply for a uk bizness visa nxt month and ill like to go with my wife but am a little bit confused i dont really know what to do if i should join some of her documents while submiting my application can someone pls put me through its very urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:15am On Feb 20, 2013
smithjanetstore: nairalanders ill like to apply for a uk bizness visa nxt month and ill like to go with my wife but am a little bit confused i dont really know what to do if i should join some of her documents while submiting my application can someone pls put me through its very urgent
What exactly do you wish to know?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 10:33am On Feb 20, 2013
Hi guys,

I just got a call from the British high commission in Abuja requesting me to attend an interview tommorrow at the deputy high commission. Please can someone shed more light as regards what its all about? I was asked to come with just my collection slip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 10:59am On Feb 20, 2013
babybird82: Hi guys,

I just got a call from the British high commission in Abuja requesting me to attend an interview tommorrow at the deputy high commission. Please can someone shed more light as regards what its all about? I was asked to come with just my collection slip.

Your chance of getting the visa is clearly high now, all you need to do now is go through your documents again and be ready to explain some vague issue that they may have about your application. Just be yourself at the interview and no need to be overly worry, just provide simple and coherent response to the interviewer questions and you be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 11:06am On Feb 20, 2013
jt2010:

Your chance of getting the visa is clearly high now, all you need to do now is go through your documents again and be ready to explain some vague issue that they may have about your application. Just be yourself at the interview and no need to be overly worry, just provide simple and coherent response to the interviewer questions and you be fine.

Thanks so much jt2010. Will do just that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.