Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983526 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2013
@Vicjustice:
yes tried the password recovery option all it gave me was a hint to the paswword, wich we have tried over and over again. so do i mail them to help send my online filled copy cos i cant log on to the portal or just print out blanks and refill.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2013
stone2x: @Vicjustice:
yes tried the password recovery option all it gave me was a hint to the paswword, wich we have tried over and over again. so do i mail them to help send my online filled copy cos i cant log on to the portal or just print out blanks and refill.
This shouldn't have happened, the hint should have been used wisely to facilitate password recovery.
Well, I suggest you use your own discretion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2013
TANKS AL D SAME
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by londongirl101: 4:40am On Feb 11, 2013
Please, I need advice. I have schooled in d UK before and applied 4 my masters my latest resumption date is stated the 11th on my CAS which is today and my visa is still not out.Does this mean I won't be given my student visa ps enrolement ends on the 15th and I hv contacted the school lettingg them knw I am still awaiting my visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2013
london girl101: Please, I need advice. I have schooled in d UK before and applied 4 my masters my latest resumption date is stated the 11th on my CAS which is today and my visa is still not out.Does this mean I won't be given my student visa ps enrolement ends on the 15th and I hv contacted the school lettingg them knw I am still awaiting my visa.

When did you apply for the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by londongirl101: 10:21am On Feb 11, 2013
justwise:

When did you apply for the visa?

22nd of Last month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2013
london girl101:

22nd of Last month

You probably will hear from them before this Wed, have you called or emailed them to find out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by londongirl101: 10:57am On Feb 11, 2013
justwise:

You probably will hear from them before this Wed, have you called or emailed them to find out?

I went in last wk to ask and was told it wasn't out. Can I still get the visa despite the fact my latest resumption n my CAS is the 11th?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Feb 11, 2013
london girl101:

I went in last wk to ask and was told it wasn't out. Can I still get the visa despite the fact my latest resumption n my CAS is the 11th?

You can if your enrollment ends on the 15th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by londongirl101: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2013
justwise:

Ok although that is not stated on my CAS (the 15th enrolment deadline), thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by welfare1(m): 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hello justwise. Thanks for ur reposes. Again my plan for the trip to london is 7th of march 2013 and to spend 3weeks also I normally apply wt my wife in the previous application but due to his work shuld and nursing our bady I deceid to apply alone now because we don't want to expose our daughter to long range flight for now still wen she 4yrs old. I submite all our doc dat we use in all our previous application e.g marriage cert,wedding pixs, naming pixs of my baby,church wedding certificate,my baby pixs and birth certificate, my bank account statement of abt 580k wen I submit, CSCS account from my stock broker, my fixed deposit certificate of abt 500k wt my company, medical insurance card, driver lic, birth certi, land plan and survery plan wt recepit of purse and deed of gift. My recent share certificate which I have nt lodge into my CSCS account, my last shopping receipt of abt 1500ponds. Last flight ticket of 5weeks,payslip, family pixs, employment letter, promotion letter, confirmation letter. etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
welfare1: Hello
Justwise thanks for ur advise to all question on this platform.
Justwise, my question is this. Hw long those it take tourist visa renewer to be out after submitting. I did submit mine about 1week plus now. The last time I did renewer it was just 3days. Wat is ur view on this delay. Am tracking it on their web site even after paying for SMS service.

There is no specific number of days, some people have to wait for up to a month or even more and some get it in a week like your previous application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hello, nairalanders. Am new in this forum but have been reading all the posts here for a long time now. Some encouraging and some discouraging. Justwise, welldone anyways. I applied for a uk tourist visa in abuja for myself, my husband,two infants(twin girls) and my mother and I collected it today and we were given 6 months visa's. The visa's just took 10days. I and my mum applied as housewives and my husband and dad were sponsors. My husband has never travelled b4, my mum has travelled only to dubai, myself have been to sweden,ukraine,india and dubai. Am glad to add London to the list. I packaged our application myself and it worked. I have always been the one packaging my travels and it has been working. Believe me, u can do it too. Am so happy and I decided to share the news and also feel free to ask me any questions if u wish. MY QUESTION NOW IS IF I CAN APPLY FOR FRANCE VISA COS I WILL LIkE TO VISIT PARIS FROM LONDON. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
princess_skishy: Hello, nairalanders. Am new in this forum but have been reading all the posts here for a long time now. Some encouraging and some discouraging. Justwise, welldone anyways. I applied for a uk tourist visa in abuja for myself, my husband,two infants(twin girls) and my mother and I collected it today and we were given 6 months visa's. The visa's just took 10days. I and my mum applied as housewives and my husband and dad were sponsors. My husband has never travelled b4, my mum has travelled only to dubai, myself have been to sweden,ukraine,india and dubai. Am glad to add London to the list. I packaged our application myself and it worked. I have always been the one packaging my travels and it has been working. Believe me, u can do it too. Am so happy and I decided to share the news and also feel free to ask me any questions if u wish. MY QUESTION NOW IS IF I CAN APPLY FOR FRANCE VISA COS I WILL LIkE TO VISIT PARIS FROM LONDON. Thanks

Sure you can apply from Nigeria, London to Paris is about an hr flight.

Congratulations anyway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
Thanks justwise. God bless yah
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donrocky(m): 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
am on a six month uk vist visa.can i extend or be allow to swich to another visa type b4 it expire.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:00am On Feb 12, 2013
don rocky: am on a six month uk vist visa.can i extend or be allow to swich to another visa type b4 it expire.

Sadly no, you will be asked to do that from your home country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by londongirl101: 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
justwise:

Justwise thanks a lot for your helpful replies, I called my school and was given an extention till the 18th which they said will be updated on my CAS although they said if a decision has been made then the update won't be of any use. My question is what are the chances of getting my visa if my start date has passed and the embassy is not aware of this new development
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
london girl101:

Justwise thanks a lot for your helpful replies, I called my school and was given an extention till the 18th which they said will be updated on my CAS although they said if a decision has been made then the update won't be of any use. My question is what are the chances of getting my visa if my start date has passed and the embassy is not aware of this new development

I'm guessing that the initial 15th final enrollment date should be on CAS database, (though not in the paper one sent to you) so the embassy may use that, again the decision might have been made before 11th and going through the process of contacting you. Fingers crossed, you will hear from them soon. Have you called the embassy today?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by londongirl101: 1:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
justwise:

I'm guessing that the initial 15th final enrollment date should be on CAS database, (though not in the paper one sent to you) so the embassy may use that, again the decision might have been made before 11th and going through the process of contacting you. Fingers crossed, you will hear from them soon. Have you called the embassy today?

I'm totally confused, the 15th enrolment date was made knwn to me by email only. I did try the number given to me at the vfs centre but it did not go through. Do you happen to have a number by any chancce...ps thank you for your swift reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2013
london girl101:

I'm totally confused, the 15th enrolment date was made knwn to me by email only. I did try the number given to me at the vfs centre but it did not go through. Do you happen to have a number by any chancce...ps thank you for your swift reply.

Try contact details from the embassy website. Even if you call the wrong section they will direct you to visa section.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2013
princess_skishy: Hello, nairalanders. Am new in this forum but have been reading all the posts here for a long time now. Some encouraging and some discouraging. Justwise, welldone anyways. I applied for a uk tourist visa in abuja for myself, my husband,two infants(twin girls) and my mother and I collected it today and we were given 6 months visa's. The visa's just took 10days. I and my mum applied as housewives and my husband and dad were sponsors. My husband has never travelled b4, my mum has travelled only to dubai, myself have been to sweden,ukraine,india and dubai. Am glad to add London to the list. I packaged our application myself and it worked. I have always been the one packaging my travels and it has been working. Believe me, u can do it too. Am so happy and I decided to share the news and also feel free to ask me any questions if u wish. MY QUESTION NOW IS IF I CAN APPLY FOR FRANCE VISA COS I WILL LIkE TO VISIT PARIS FROM LONDON. Thanks

congrats.sure you can.just follow the rules and be able to afford it financially.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smartmachine(m): 3:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
hi justwise...i'm about to apply for another student visa and i have a few questions here
1. my sponsor's statement of account has about 1000 pounds more than the total amount i need to show, hope this wont have any effect on the application
2. my bank cover letter does not tell if the funds have been held for 28 days, but the funds have actually been held in d account for more than 28 days. hope the eco wont have any problems with this. will he check for that by himself?
3. there's no conversion on the account statement. is advisable to do the currency conversion on the date of the closing balance and write it by hand on the account statement? and can i write the amount that has been held in the account for 28days too by hand?.

awaiting ur response sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
smartmachine: hi justwise...i'm about to apply for another student visa and i have a few questions here
1. my sponsor's statement of account has about 1000 pounds more than the total amount i need to show, hope this wont have any effect on the application
2. my bank cover letter does not tell if the funds have been held for 28 days, but the funds have actually been held in d account for more than 28 days. hope the eco wont have any problems with this. will he check for that by himself?
3. there's no conversion on the account statement. is advisable to do the currency conversion on the date of the closing balance and write it by hand on the account statement? and can i write the amount that has been held in the account for 28days too by hand?.

awaiting ur response sir

Who is your sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smartmachine(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
justwise:

Who is your sponsor?

my dad is the sponsor..pls let me know ur advice on thosequestions because i have no time again. and pls is it necessay to add his payslips?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
smartmachine: hi justwise...i'm about to apply for another student visa and i have a few questions here

awaiting ur response sir

This thread asnwers all these questions, it has being repeated over and over here https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4

The starting date of that acount and the end date takes care of the 28days thing, OR before you print out the bank statement, pay any small amount or withdraw any small amount from that account then print out the bank statement. The withdrew or payment serves as end date of that account and could be used to determind how long the money has being there.

You need to attach your birth certificate to show that he is actually your daddy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2013
Hello, pls, I want to know if I can extend our stay while buying our real ticket. We wrote that we will be staying for two weeks in our application. I want to know if we can buy ticket with 3 weeks duration of stay or will it be a problem at the port of entry. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smartmachine(m): 8:32pm On Feb 12, 2013
justwise:

This thread asnwers all these questions, it has being repeated over and over here https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4

The starting date of that acount and the end date takes care of the 28days thing, OR before you print out the bank statement, pay any small amount or withdraw any small amount from that account then print out the bank statement. The withdrew or payment serves as end date of that account and could be used to determind how long the money has being there.

You need to attach your birth certificate to show that he is actually your daddy.

alright thanks..but should i write the balance in pound sterling on the bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smithjanetstore: 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
PLS CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT I DO STAY IN IVORY COAST AND MY FRIENDS DOCUMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN FRENCH HE HAS 10YRS BIZNESS VISA YANKEE HE WANT TO APPLY FOR UK BIZNESS VISA ASWELLL AND UK EMBASSY HAS CLOSED THIER EMBASSY HERE IN IVORY COAST SO I HAVE TO GO DOWM TO GHANA FOR VISA APPLICATION THEY SAID I SHOULD TRANSLATE HIS DOCUMENTS FROM FRENCH TO ENGLISH WHEN COMING DOWN TO GHANA I HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS BEFORE DID ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF THIS TRANSLATING METHOD
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
Justwise and others, Am still waiting 4 ur rplys. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
princess_skishy: Hello, pls, I want to know if I can extend our stay while buying our real ticket. We wrote that we will be staying for two weeks in our application. I want to know if we can buy ticket with 3 weeks duration of stay or will it be a problem at the port of entry. Thanks

I really don't know what the immigration officer at the POE will ask or pick out, to be at the safer side stick to your 2wks stated on your visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
smithjanetstore: PLS CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT I DO STAY IN IVORY COAST AND MY FRIENDS DOCUMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN FRENCH HE HAS 10YRS BIZNESS VISA YANKEE HE WANT TO APPLY FOR UK BIZNESS VISA ASWELLL AND UK EMBASSY HAS CLOSED THIER EMBASSY HERE IN IVORY COAST SO I HAVE TO GO DOWM TO GHANA FOR VISA APPLICATION THEY SAID I SHOULD TRANSLATE HIS DOCUMENTS FROM FRENCH TO ENGLISH WHEN COMING DOWN TO GHANA I HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS BEFORE DID ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF THIS TRANSLATING METHOD

Why not contact Ivorian or French embassy in Ghana and ask if they have translation services?

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.