Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help (3103 Views)

My Site Has Been Hacked !!!!!!!!! Help Ooooooo / Turn Your Joomla Sites Into Bulksms Site & installed SMS component with API 5k / How Do I Use Webmail Or Horde Or Squirellmail Mail On My Joomla Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by schneid: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
hello gurus, two of my joomla websites have bn hacked, one by amin safi ( a tunisian hacker), the other one by as (unidentiied). pls help out, should i re-upload? even if i do, it might still be vulnerable, what was my shortcomings? help out pls
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by lagoshost(m): 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
What version of joomla are you running?
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by joomlaman(m): 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2011
Sorry to hear this, However, more details are required about the hacked sites for u to get any tangible help!
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by Slyr0x: 8:14am On Dec 15, 2011
1.) If you're using 1.5, upgrade to 1.7. .
2.) Hire a web security professional to conduct a risk assessment of both sites. . .'cos I'm 90% sure there's a PHP shell in one of your folders. .
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by schneid: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2011
thanks for the responses, i used joomla 1.5 for one of the site and 1.6 for the other one. the index pages are blank except that the hackers wrote " hacked by amin safi" and "hacked by as".
whats next?
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by Slyr0x: 10:54am On Dec 16, 2011
You have your answers already
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by digi101(m): 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
Did u bother to read the joomla security docs at all?
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by schneid: 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
so whats d way forward?
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by digi101(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2011
Please read this and follow instruction

http://docs.joomla.org/Security_Checklist_7
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by Shadowblaqq(m): 7:22am On Jan 31, 2012
Theses tips will help:
1.change ur backend login username from Admin to something hard to guess.
2.change ur database default prefix jos_ to another thing u can ask Google how to do it or Pm me.
3.always use the current version of joomla as older versions always contains vulnerablities
4.check the user manager for unusual names and phony registrations and delete them this could be hackers who have gained entrance to ur backend.
Backup! Backup!! Using akeeba pm me on how to do it if u do not know how to do it.
Shadowblaqq.
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by Slyr0x: 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2012
^^^All these ones are Stories if there's a backdoor hidden in the webserver. .
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by quest4s: 8:35am On Feb 02, 2012
@ Shadow tnx for the info.@sly wat r d solutions then
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by Slyr0x: 10:15am On Feb 02, 2012
quest4$:

@ Shadow tnx for the info.@sly wat r d solutions then

Your answer here

Shadowblaqq:

Theses tips will help:
1.change ur backend login username from Admin to something hard to guess.
2.change ur database default prefix jos_ to another thing u can ask Google how to do it or Pm me.
3.always use the current version of joomla as older versions always contains vulnerablities
4.check the user manager for unusual names and phony registrations and delete them this could be hackers who have gained entrance to ur backend.
Backup! Backup!! Using akeeba pm me on how to do it if u do not know how to do it.
Shadowblaqq.

+

Slyr0x:

2.) Hire a web security professional to conduct a risk assessment of both sites. . .'cos I'm 90% sure there's a PHP shell in one of your folders. .

Before you implement the tips mentioned above, you need to 1st understand how your website/web application got compromised. .This is the 1st step. . .and that takes us to hiring a Web security professional (one who knows the art of log-reading). .That way, he/she can then proffer solutions as to how to get these security gaps closed
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by Kaygeminix(f): 11:04am On Feb 03, 2012
Upgrade your version of joomla and ensure that you do periodic backups, no site is unhackable my friend
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by Shadowblaqq(m): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2012
schneid:

hello gurus, two of my joomla websites have bn hacked, one by amin safi ( a tunisian hacker), the other one by as (unidentiied). pls help out, should i re-upload? even if i do, it might still be vulnerable, what was my shortcomings? help out pls
Update: recently i had an experience i want to share wi th you guys and that is:Do not install joomla templates,extensions components,plugins and modules from "UKNOWN SOURCES" cos hidden in these freebies can be TROJANS, EXPLOITS, and COMPROMISED CODE.
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by bug24(m): 10:07pm On Mar 02, 2012
Shadowblaqq:

Update: recently i had an experience i want to share wi th you guys and that is:Do not install joomla templates,extensions components,plugins and modules from "UKNOWN SOURCES" cos hidden in these freebies can be TROJANS, EXPLOITS, and COMPROMISED CODE.

Exactly, i was just gonn say that. Nothin is totally free.
Re: My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help by webmpro(m): 1:59am On Mar 03, 2012
I totally agree that no site is un hackable, the best thng to do now is to hire an expert, or kindly wipe out the entire installation if u have the backup.

(1) (Reply)

Share - Wordpress Theme For Create IOS App Store V2.0.1000 / 10 Reasons Why You Aren't Getting New Opportunities From Your Blog / Between ALAT By Wema And GTBANK Dollar Card, Which Is Best For Payment Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.