Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,640 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? (33675 Views)

Bus Carrying Goods Got Burnt Up On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today (Photos) / Which Goods Should I Trade In This December Season? / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by silas: 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2006
Business Between The Uk And Nigeria

Hi,

I am living in the UK, my friend in Lagos. Recently we were discussing whether it would be a good idea to make extra cash by exporting goods from UK to Lagos, we are now doing some market research, what goods would sell?

Is anyone doing this at the moment?

We would be really interested to know, vice versa too ofcourse, Nigeria to the UK.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by LoverBwoy(m): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2006
Cars but u get them from germany and belgium

Ladies clothes jeans and accessorize -mainly for students

Menswatch -bankers n co

office shirts-bankers

U really need to know people that can afford these things and pay instantly
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by abakhigbe: 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2006
Ain't importation of clothes into Nigeria banned.You need to check this out before attempting to waste your hard earned dough.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by SIBLI06(m): 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2006
Please read the article link below "FG relaxes import prohibition 2007"

http://www.independentng.com/news/nnoct070525.htm

Minister for Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has disclosed that all items on the import prohibition list would be removed by January 2007.

______________________________________________________________________________________
Current Import Prohibition list (trade)

(a) Wheat flour – HS Code 1101.0000.
(b) Sorghum - HS Code 1007.000
(c) Mosquito repellant Code HS Code 3808.1110
(d) Retreaded/used tyres HS. Code 4012.1000 – 4012,9000
(e) Motor Vehicle above eight (cool years old, but excluding tractors,
Trucks, trailer/trailer heads and buses provided not imported
Through land borders.
(f) Gaming machines 9504.1000 – 9504.300
(g) Cement in Bags – HS, Code 2523.2910
(h) Bulk importation of vegetable oil
(i) Importation of any motor vehicle through land border
(j) Used Refrigerators – HS Code 8418.2100
(k) Used Air-conditioners HS. Code 8415 – 1000
(l) Used Compressors –HS Code 8414.8000 and 8415.3000
(m) Poultry products – HS Code 0207.0000 – 36000.
(n) Printed Fabrics – HS Code 52 – 55
(o) Cassava, Cassava Products (importation through land border banned) see Circular No 17/2002 of 24.6.2002
HS Code 0714.1000, 1106.2000, 1108.1400 & 1903.0000
(p) Toothpick in any form
(q) Table Drinking Water (spring or sparkling)
(r) All type of biscuits
(s) Spaghetti and noodles. (O-R) year 2003 fiscal policy measure and
Amendment vide Finance letter No BD/12237/S.25/TS/DII/267 of
28th February, 2003.
(t) Importation of fruit juice HS code 2009.110 to be in concentrates
And in drums only (not in retail pack ready to drink) vide
BD12237/S.366/VOL.1/4 OF 25.02.03
(s) Barytes, Bentonite and Attapulgite

IMPORT RESTRICTION ORDER W.E.F. 1ST JULY, 2003

I) Sugar confectionaries (Sweets/Chocolates)
II) Exercise Books
III) Envelopes
IV) Beer (Bottled and canned)
V) Toilet Rolls
VI)

Information Section
Nigeria High Commission
London
5th November, 2003 (NOTE THE DATE, I can not find any article that has published since).

smiley
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2006
I was thinking: Small Scale , like a one person business, everything fits into ur luggage or pay more for the extra luggage
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by SIBLI06(m): 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2006
@LoverBwoy, would you get a good return on your investment with it being so small scale? I advise you to do some research. What do people want in Nija that they can not allready get? Start a thread on Nairaland. Baggage checks at the airport can be a real pain unless you have someone inside. You might find that your goods are confiscated. Good luck though.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:19pm On Mar 31, 2006
Can someone tell me the process of importing goods into Nigeria via Ship?
What is the cost for a container of goods?
I was thinking of importing electronics such as Camcorders, Laptops, etc because they go 4 ridiculous prices in Nigeria
Some peoplle ship them to Ghana, because of the unsafenes of Nigerian Customs in LAgos and Port Harcourt
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by OldGlory1(m): 3:18am On Apr 02, 2006
Yeah I need to ship some Laptops to Nigeria. I guess i have to buy Insurance and hope that my recipient gets it. You cannot get delivery confirmation with USPS to Nigeria. UPS,DHL and Fedex cost too much. Does anyone have any ideas?
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by tolutope(m): 2:23am On Apr 08, 2006
there r some local safe courier services, affiliated wit other local courier services abroad, they can take care of shipping and stuff for you, like in london there is ifex courier which is run by ifesinachi transport group.tested and tried,  they could take care of your shipping at lil or no cost,  if u contact some local courier services in naija, they will let u know if they have a partner in your country,
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by rafcrown(m): 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2008
I am a Nigerian living in the UK,DIRECTOR GOLDEN CROWN INT UK LTD WE IMPORT& EXPORT and we deal with Nigeria and buy vehicles from EU COUNTRIES
Since we both live in the UK
You CAN CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO and contact me so that we talk.What t buy and stuff like that
www.goldencrownint.co.uk
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by yungchap(m): 11:17pm On Mar 26, 2008
Hello guys,
I have a very splendid idea about the exporting biz.Anyone who is in UK and very much interested in the biz should send his or her email address so we can talk more form there.

Cheers.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by Vuitton(m): 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2008
Clothes and accesories will do well,

But i wud like to know how i can get some stuffs from uk to nigeria cos fedex aint coming thru (20-50kg range)
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by shushu(f): 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2008
why dont try freighting it.there are some freight companies that do just that.femade is one of them.oceanic freight is another.diamond and net cargo also.
i have used net cargo and oceanic freight severally.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by LondonCool(m): 2:52pm On Mar 31, 2008
/
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by megastu(m): 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2008
baby clothes
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by lusc: 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2008
I know cloths are meant to be contraband in Nigeria. But you still see all the rule makers and there wife’s in Lace. Where does that come from? My dear if you want to go into the clothing business please don’t let anyone stop you. Trust me you will make so much profit from it if you sell at wholesale as you do not leave in Nigeria. Just make sure you take it to Nigeria yourself and not cargo.

Men's Clothing are the best.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by peot(m): 8:40pm On Apr 26, 2008
Hi everyone,

For people who need to want to start up a business. Please Read on.

I have a friend who supplies designers clothes, shoes, phones, sunglasses etc at a cheap price but you MUST buy in bulk. Some of the designers includes Gucci,Prada,Polo, D&G etc. I have tried to attach some pictures with this posting, but if you cannot view please mail me at tjstoreuk@yahoo.co.uk.

In addition I have used fridges and photocopiers (coloured/black & white) (10 approx) and hundreds of printers for sale mostly HP with ink inside them. Please email for more info at tjstoreuk@yahoo.co.uk.

Thank You.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by ETOETO: 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2008
Hi everybody!
What about import trucks to Nigeria? Models what companies and people need! Is profit god?
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by abujabooks(f): 2:08pm On May 02, 2008
Next clothes, shoes, bags, anthing "Next". For the best time to buy in the UK, December and August sale. Go to the "Next Clearance" shop in Lakeside, Essex. You will find massive reductions in everything.

TM Lewin shirts for men is good as well.

Primark clothes for the cheap end of the market.

Good luck.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by dome2: 1:24pm On May 06, 2008
HI,
Anybody interested in bringing in goods to nigeria should send me their email and I will give professional advise on how to go about it.
JosBoy4Lif:

Can someone tell me the process of importing goods into Nigeria via Ship?
What is the cost for a container of goods?
I was thinking of importing electronics such as Camcorders, Laptops, etc because they go 4 ridiculous prices in Nigeria
Some peoplle ship them to Ghana, because of the unsafenes of Nigerian Customs in LAgos and Port Harcourt

Old Glory:

Yeah I need to ship some Laptops to Nigeria. I guess i have to buy Insurance and hope that my recipient gets it. You cannot get delivery confirmation with USPS to Nigeria. UPS,DHL and Fedex cost too much. Does anyone have any ideas?
ETOETO:

Hi everybody!
What about import trucks to Nigeria? Models what companies and people need! Is profit god?

Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by naijacutee(f): 9:24am On Sep 22, 2008
With regards to export agents from the UK, I would recommend Sow UK Ltd. They are based in New Cross, London. You can check out their website at : www.sowukltd.co.uk
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by MrCrackles(m): 9:26am On Sep 22, 2008
Try Femade UK Limited

Google it and you would get results!!
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by Thor(m): 9:30am On Sep 22, 2008
naijacutee:

With regards to export agents from the UK, I would recommend Sow UK Ltd. They are based in New Cross, London. You can check out their website at : www.sowukltd.co.uk

Sow UK Ltd

They have no history at all and are not even listed on the UK company register

They have only had there internet domain for a little more than one month lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by naijacutee(f): 10:06am On Sep 22, 2008
Thor:

Sow UK Ltd

They have no history at all and are not even listed on the UK company register

They have only had there internet domain for a little more than one month lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

They are registered in the UK companies register as SASS Limited for Sow Air and Sea Services.

And what if they have only had internet access for 1 month? Many brick-and-mortar businesses do not think of going online unless someone proves to them that an online presence would make a difference in their business activities. Whether they have a website or not does not change the fact that they have been providing quality service offline for over 10 years. Not every business owner is internet savvy - some people still need a bit of time to adjust to the whole idea. . . Besides, if you have your doubts, their physical address is listed on their website. Why don't you pay them a visit and see for yourself?
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by Thor(m): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2008
naijacutee:

They are registered in the UK companies register as SASS Limited for Sow Air and Sea Services.

And what if they have only had internet access for 1 month? Many brick-and-mortar businesses do not think of going online unless someone proves to them that an online presence would make a difference in their business activities. Whether they have a website or not does not change the fact that they have been providing quality service offline for over 10 years. Not every business owner is internet savvy - some people still need a bit of time to adjust to the whole idea. . . Besides, if you have your doubts, their physical address is listed on their website. Why don't you pay them a visit and see for yourself?

Sorry, but you can not be too careful, the shipping agency is the most used scam company of the Yahoo boys wink
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by naijacutee(f): 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2008
Thor:

Sorry, but you can not be too careful, the shipping agency is the most used scam company of the Yahoo boys  wink

Yes, I agree with you. Which is why I'm encouraging any doubtfuls to pay them a surprise visit and verify for themselves whether they are yahoo yahoo or not. The fact that these 419 boys are rampant, and carry out their activities should not get in the way of our common sense and discretion.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by spoony(f): 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2008
Sibli: those items you've listed are banned from import? (the link doesnt work)
where else to look for rules/laws?
Does one need to be registered importer/exporter or can he just go ahead and buy/sell as he please?
I heard that no one in Nigeria pays taxes, is that true? wink
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2008
S
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by trustboy: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2008
Try Metropol on 01932754673. I got their address on this website sometimes ago. I have used them consistently ever since and there had been no problems.
Re: Exporting Goods From Uk To Lagos: Which Goods? by latch(m): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2008
Hi everyone, I have access to massive quantities of female clothes from regular High Street Shops (top shop etc) at amazing prices. I got into this with the aim of exporting to Nigeria, but on second thoughts if I can get whole sale Nigerian buyers here in London, better for me.

So if your interested, send me an email (bozga2007@yahoo.co.uk).

Note: These arent out of season clothing , they are all current and its ongoing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos / Access Bank Takes Over Etisalat Nigeria Over N541 Billion Debt / "Dangote Did Not Become A Billionaire By Typing Amen On Social Media" (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.