Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package (15576 Views)

Glo Out With BANG -- FREE TOMORROW / Glo Highflier & Talkfree Introduced. Gista, Infinito & G-Bam Updated / Glo Out With Talk More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by luluosas(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2011
Youths take center stage as Glo offers them a unique product called G-BAM Hi5ive. Go and register now.

Glo new youth package, G-BAM Hi5ive, offers lowest call rate at 5k

Nigeria’s innovative telecoms operator, Globacom, has launched a youth programme, G-BAM Hi5ive, which offers the lowest call tariff ever in the Nigerian market.
G-BAM Hi5ive: (l-r)Tunde Kaitell of Marketing Communications Department, Globacom; Omon Digbori, model; Terry G, hip hop musician; and Kamal Shonibare, Globacom’s Head of Corporate Sales, at the launch in Lagos of the company’s Youth programme, G-BAM Hi5ive, which offers 5k per second, the lowest call tariff ever in Nigeria.

The new product allows subscribers to call five special numbers at only five kobo per second and offers a unique proposition to Nigerian youths by making the immensely popular social networking site Facebook free. To register a friend, the subscriber is required to dial *101*1*friend’s number#. It also offers subscribers several other attractive benefits including free airtime and free night calls.

Globacom’s Group Chief Operating Officer, Mohammed Jameel, unveiled the product at a press conference in Lagos on Wednesday, December 14.

A major aspect of the programme is the G-BAM Scholar which empowers the student community in Nigeria by offering a scholarship of USD5 million for 1,000 students. Jameel explained that 250 students would be selected every quarter for USD 5,000 worth of scholarship. “This will help aspiring students to fulfill their academic ambitions, pursue their dreams and passion, and also take care of meritorious students and young people,” he added.

The GCOO said G-BAM Hi5ive is primarily a youth-centric package designed with the lifestyle of Nigerian youths in mind. “The package will enable them to connect with their passion points and help them strengthen relationships with their friends and loved ones,” he stated.

He explained that other benefits of the new product are categorized under G-BAM bonus for N500 free airtime once the SIM is activated and recharged, G-BAM social for free facebook browsing from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. everyday, G-BAM weekender for free weekend chatting, G-BAM Nites for free night calls. To enjoy the free chatting, the subscriber will simply text “chat” to 20805.

Another added freebie which makes G-BAM Hi5ive the most attractive package to the youths is free Subscription of Glo Radio which is Music on the Go. One can listen to songs of one’s choice on the G-BAM package by dialing 77025.

“With all the benefits of G-BAM Hi5ive offer, the youth on the Glo network is empowered to be on top of his social life, to keep in touch with his friends as much as possible,” Jameel added.

To join the G-BAM generation and enjoy all the freebies on the offer, existing Glo subscribers can simply migrate to the platform by dialing -*100*5*1# while new subscribers can buy a SIM pack from any Glo world or Glo zone or dealer outlets and migrate using the same code.
Source: http://www.gloworld.com/latestnews2.asp
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by EUGENE4GOO(m): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2011
This is the detail info from their website.
G-Bam Hi 5ive allows subscribers to call five special numbers at only
five kobo per second. It offers a unique proposition to the youths of Nigeria by making the immensely popular and
ubiquitous social
networking site Facebook Free. It also offers subscribers several other
attractive benefits
including free airtime on activation, free night calls
and lowest SMS charges in the Nigerian telecoms
market. G-BAM Hi 5ive Keep your peeps tight at
5k/sec calls to 5 friends on Glo. To Register Friends, Dial*101*1*FRIEND'S NUMBER#

G-BAM Weekender
Chat all you want with Free weekend chatting.
Text 'Chat' to 20805 and enjoy free chatting with
friends from Friday 6pm to Saturday 6am and
Saturday 6pm to Sunday 6am.

G-BAM Bonus
Earn N500 Free airtime upon SIM activation and
recharge. Bonus of N100 on activation (N50 to any network and N50 to Glo) PLUS bonus of N200 each on 1st and 2nd recharge
of N200 or more within 7days of activation.
G-BAM Social
Socialize with your peeps like never before with Free
Facebook browsing
between 1am and 6am every day.

G-BAM Nites
Own the night with G-BAM and share everything
with your crew with Free Night Calls. Use N200 or
more in 7days and enjoy free calling to all Glo numbers for next 7days
between 12 midnight and
5am for next 7days.

G-BAM Scholars
Stay on top of your
game. Become a G-BAM scholar and fulfill your academic dreams with $5 million in scholarships for
1,000 students. Be on the
G-BAM platform and you could be among the 250
students to earn $5,000 scholarships every
quarter.

FREE Glo Radio
Subscription
Listen to songs of your choice. It's your radio on
the go on your mobile. Dial 77025 to subscribe.

Calls to any network@25k/sec
All benefits are
available at a daily
access fee of N10
only.
Join the G-BAM
generation today. Dial*100*5*1*# now!
4 try this code yesterday, but it didn't work.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by EUGENE4GOO(m): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2011
To migrate, dial
*100*5*1*# not *100*5*1#. It is working.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by tonardo(m): 11:50am On Dec 16, 2011
i hate any plan wit daily access fee, but still better 10 naira is nt bad,
But its bad dat i finish my credit in order 4 them nt 2 remove daily access fee everyday ,

why nt give 10-20mb everytime we recharge 200 naira above,,

rubbish plan,
am not interested,,
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by EfeEkarume(m): 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
Hi5!!!? Hmmmmmm. . . so this is the reason they cancelled out Infinito Special.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Dgunnerz(m): 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2011
sad
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Sike(m): 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2011
tonardo:

i hate any plan wit daily access fee, but still better 10 naira is nt bad,
But its bad dat i finish my credit in order 4 them nt 2 remove daily access fee everyday ,

why nt give 10-20mb everytime we recharge 200 naira above,,

rubbish plan,
am not interested,,

Me too!
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by humblebee: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2011
not too impressed but kudos to you guyz,
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by wesley80(m): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2011
EfeEkarume:

You've been told a number of times that infinito special still works, if you've got issues with yours why not try to sort it out instead of whining on every thread?
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Wislet(f): 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
wht about deactivation?
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Dgunnerz(m): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2011
Wislet:

wht about deactivation?
Call 911
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2011
looks OK,but i think i prefer glo flexi for now,not yet interested,i will think about it,maybe later
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by jarkbauer: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2011
its too cumbersome
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by otokx(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2011
just too cumbersome
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Cupidkc(m): 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2011
My glo special inifinito still run wella,i used it last on thursday.
How do i get into ds G BAM scholarship. Na wetin i need o.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by emmatok(m): 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2011
With these their bad network lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by odeexpress(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
I am not impressed. Why should I stay awake from 1am to 6am before I can use facebook free? These networks in Nigeria give with their right hand and use the left hand to take more from you.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Woke4all(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2011
EUGENE4GOO:

All benefits are
available at a daily
access fee of N10
only.
Join the G-BAM
generation today. Dial*100*5*1*# now!
4 try this code yesterday, but it didn't work.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by tayoast(m): 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
Wislet:

wht about deactivation?

Dgunnerz:

Call 911

LMAO! grin
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Taiw(m): 11:53pm On Dec 17, 2011
this is nice.atleast they are trying more than mtn
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by luluosas(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2011
I registered my in-law's Glo line on the new G-BAM Hi5ive plan to test the free facebook browsing last night. It works but, I hate it because, it is tied to facebook browsing only. My greatest disappointment on the plan is the unsolicited N10 daily access which equals N300 monthly mandatory fees, if you must enjoy all its benefits to the fullest. Meanwhile, if you are presently on infinito special plan with your 1 special number (in my case 5 registered numbers), you better remain, because, any attempt you make to change the package to any other one, you will never be able to return to infinito special again because, Glo has discontinued it, except to infinito social plan. So, beware!
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by luluosas(m): 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2011
emmatok:

With these their bad network lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Well, I think the network problems was location based and sometimes, some lines. I remembered when I couldn't use this line I'm using now for 3 days last week. There was network on it but, I could not call, text or check balance, but, I was receiving calls, while my other Glo lines were calling and texting in the same house. I think it has greatly improved now, at least in my view.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by luluosas(m): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2011
Wislet:

wht about deactivation?
Just migrate to another plan, that's all.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by luluosas(m): 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2011
EfeEkarume:

Yes, infinito special plan is no longer available for new subscription, with the introduction of this new G-BAM Hi5ive plan, but, you can continue to enjoy your 1 special registered number on infinito special at the rate of 2k/s. In my case, my five (5) registered special numbers still rock on infinito special. I will never make the mistake of changing it. So, if you have migrated out of infinito special plan, you will never be able to return to it again. Cheers.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by tayoast(m): 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2011
luluosas:

Yes, infinito special plan is no longer available for new subscription, with the introduction of this new G-BAM Hi5ive plan, but, you can continue to enjoy your 1 special registered number on infinito special at the rate of 2k/s. In my case, my five (5) registered special numbers still rock on infinito special. I will never make the mistake of changing it. So, if you have migrated out of infinito special plan, you will never be able to return to it again. Cheers.

Really?! Thanks for the info
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by luluosas(m): 4:12pm On Dec 18, 2011
tayo_ast:

Really?! Thanks for the info
You're welcome.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Speedy33(m): 10:38am On Dec 19, 2011
am already done with glo cos always will want to cheate you out of what is rightfuly yours like steal your creadit even when you have enough free data to last a long time li angry angry angry angry angryke a year
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Oluschenco(m): 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2011
Is dis y Infinito special is no longa active 4me.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by EfeEkarume(m): 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2011
wesley80:

You've been told a number of times that infinito special still works, if you've got issues with yours why not try to sort it out instead of whining on every thread?
I believe in this saying that a problem shared is half-solved.
luluosas:

Ooops!!! Now I know why mine isn't working anymore.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by Emeka72(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
When reading from d begining of dis topic, I was very interested but as soon as I came across d daily N10 access fee, I lost interest.
Re: Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package by tayoast(m): 11:58pm On Dec 19, 2011
Oluschenco:

Is dis y Infinito special is no longa active 4me.

Mine's still active

Emeka 7.:

When reading from d begining of dis topic, I was very interested but[b] as soon as I came across d daily N10 access fee, I lost interest.[/b]

LMAO! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry In Nigeria: Thanks to Glo / Unbox Therapy Reviews Infinix Zero 8 (Video) / Facebook Unveil Messenger Codes, Messenger Username And Messenger Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.