Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason (6874 Views)

When Last Did You Buy An Album & Whose Was It? / How Much Do Original Cd's Cost In Naija & Why Do We Buy Pirated Copies? / Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by ifeci: 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am actually running a research on why people buy fake CDs by the road side so I did like you to share your insights.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by mikuz(m): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2011
cheaper and very affordable,among a host of others!
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by amblors(m): 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2011
is there a difference in sound quality between pirated and official disks?
I have never tot of what i see by the road side as pirated,
it possibly would be,
so where i do buy the original then?
i prob would have to keep my ear pinned to radio or browse papers to learn of official distributors who could be miles away and may have liimited copies of the disks.
the guy by the roadside has the product, its nearer, its cheaper.

just like asking a nigerian why he downloads foreign albums rather than purchase em, how many stores sell original?
how many people care to find em when they only no of the guy by the roadside and he has em.
an average Nigerian isnt gonna cough out 10dollars - N1500 to buy a single CD when that can get him/her 15 pirated ones.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by mikuz(m): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
He he he
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by mbulela: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2011
define pirated music within the Nigerian context?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by ifeci: 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^^^Pirated CDS are the one's that were produced unauthorized and which robs the musicians their reward for hardwork and also robs the Govt of revenue. so does anyone know where one can buy original cos I'm starting a campaign against piracy on NL!
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by mbulela: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2011
to the best of my knowledge, Artiste A gives the master of his album to a guy at Alaba, collects X amount of money and the guy at Alaba produces Y hundred thousand copies of the album and floods the street with it.
Music lovers buy the album on the street (in traffic) from the foot soldiers of the Alaba guy.
Piracy? what piracy?
rather than piracy, i think we lack proper and effective distribution channels?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by marcar(m): 11:51am On Dec 19, 2011
it is very cheap!!!!!!
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by executinal(m): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2011
Very cheap and easy to get
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Suntemi(m): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2011
mbulela:

to the best of my knowledge, Artiste A gives  the master of his album to a guy at Alaba, collects X amount of money and the guy at Alaba produces Y hundred thousand copies of the album and floods the street with it.
Music lovers buy the album on the street (in traffic) from the foot soldiers of the Alaba guy.
Piracy? what piracy?
rather than piracy, i think we lack proper and effective distribution channels?

You are very right.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Baawaa(m): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2011
Cheat and easy to get
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by eghost247(m): 11:57am On Dec 19, 2011
what planet have u been living in?why people buy pirated CD common sense should answer that question for
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Wexelion(m): 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2011
Where can you get original
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Egbagirl(f): 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2011
@ Poster, by CDs do you also mean DVDs (local and foreign?). if you are referring to only Nigerian music CDs/DVDs then I think Mubela answered your question.

You might wanna be more specific especially if this is a research.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
immaturity of our music/film industry,
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by stagger: 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2011
Most Nigerians have no problems cheating and conning producers of creative works by buying pirated CDs, but they are usually the first to accuse people like Bishop Oyedepo and Reverend Adeboye of scamming their congregation.

So who is deceiving whom really?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by perx(f): 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
tho not right but its cheaper, saves money, duh!
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by ochukoccna: 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2011
^^^^
Stagger,this aint the religious section.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Kx: 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2011
People buy what is readily available and affordable.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Bawss1(m): 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2011
Can't recall the last time I bought a music CD, I download.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Bestglo(f): 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2011
you find them to buy everywhere  cheesy unlike the original cds that requre you to go to specific stores
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2011
availability,
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by stagger: 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2011
ochukoccna:

^^^^
Stagger,this aint the religious section.

may not be but this is a moral issue.

Why would people buy pirated CDs, download ringtones from the Telcos and stuff like that when the artistes are not getting anything in return?

Bad!
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by crackhouse(m): 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2011
Because nigeria movie or music doesn't worth spending much money on. Take for instance, u bought a Nigeria movie and slot it in ur DVD player to watch but instead of getting entertained, u will rather end up getting ur annoyance doubled because their acting is wack and their film tricks is childish. Another thing is that, they will consume about 20-25 minutes advertising other movies and by the time they finish, u will discover that u have only 25 minutes remaining to watch the main movie and within that 25 minutes, they may also waste about 7-10 minutes showing u one particular scene{i.e people fighting or two people walking on a road starting from their take off point to their final destination}. Now tell me, how do u want me to spend such money buying Nigeria movie?. It doesn't worth it. I rather buy pirated one than buying original because i can endure the money spent on it than that spent on the original.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by ETPower(m): 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2011
Becasue pirate CD is much cheaper than genuine and the pirate CD also can be used.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by DeepSoul(f): 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2011
Thanks to the internet , where I can download just about anything for FREE, I hardly buy pirated CDs anymore.

People buy them because they r obviously cheaper, duh?

As per difference in quality, I'd say no for the audio CDs but for the DVDs, there are different grades. Some are of better quality than others
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by xanadu333: 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2011
cheap and serves thesame purpose grin
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by j4sure(m): 2:11pm On Dec 19, 2011
Why should i spend time,money and energy to travel to sokoto when what i want is in my sokoto(trouser).pirated CD are easily access by people and its also cheap. shekenaaaa
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Okijajuju1(m): 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
It works just fine, and should/when it gets bad, it dosent cost that much to replace
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2011
1. At your car door delivery
2. Sound system no dey reject pirated cd.
3. Alaba don pay subsidy, so e cheap pass.
4. The more you buy, the cheaper it gets.
5. Omo, include my name for your RESEARCH. I'd be happy with muskeeto OF nairaland, cheesy
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2011
Cos its cheaper! Duh? The money ild use to buy 1 original CD @ N1700. Ild use it to buy more than 10 different cds.

And availabity. Its everywhere. cheesy
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Koolking(m): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
Cheaper, even with guarantee. Some of our so-called musicians/artists would never be heard of if not for road sides CDs/DVDs. They market them as well. Original CDs can never get them the much desired popularity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died / Patoranking – wilmer (official Video) / Some lil Bit of "Jiggle it, Jiggle it" dance songs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.