Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? (7052 Views)

PHOTOS: Bukola Saraki With NLC Protesters Over Electricity Tariffs / Is The Apc Government Too Dull Or Weak? / Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria-premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by lukkie(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
NLC Says Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria

The Nigerian Labour Congress on Thursday lambasted President Goodluck Jonathan, describing him as a "dull leader" who lacks the capacity to govern a complex country such as Nigeria.

Speaking in Abuja at the launch of a book ‘Time to reclaim Nigeria’ written by activisit Chido Onumah, the organisation's Assistant General Secretary, Denja Yaqub, said Mr. Jonathan was not deep enough to understand the implication of some policies he is trying to foist on Nigerians.

Mr. Yaqub, who represented the NLC's Acting General Secretary, Owei Lakemfa at the event, also said labour was ready to pay the ultimate sacrifice to ensure that government’s decision to remove subsidy on petroleum products does not see the light of the day.

“President Jonathan was voted into power by Nigerians, but we have lost him to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Bank and such other bodies," he said. "The fight for fuel subsidy removal has been on since 1986 and many people have lost their lives in this struggle, we will never waver."

He also accused the president of lacking adequate knowledge on the subsidy matter based on his response on the issue at the National Assembly, wondering why he is determined to go ahead with the policy.

“President Jonathan has failed woefully and he does not even understand the subsidy issue as he cannot give an intelligent answer on it at the National Assembly. I am glad Nigerians have already started mobilizing themselves to hit the streets and protest without waiting for labour,” he said.

Speaking along the same line, national secretary of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Buba Galadima, argued that rather than talk about subsidy, what the president needs to bother about is the regime of incompetence and corruption pervading government at all levels.

“How will the removal of the so-called subsidy translate to transformation? Nigerians are angry over this decision and the only ones that are not angry are the ones benefiting from the system,” Mr. Galadima said

The CPC leader further accused the president of taking the issue of fuel subsidy removal too personal.

” If the president truly believes that sovereignty lies with the people, he should know that he is holding the office in trust for them."

The event, described by the compere as “the gathering of trouble makers” had as chief host Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, the presidential candidate of the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria in the 2011 election while Hussaini Abdu, Actionaid's country director, was guest lecturer.

In his paper, Mr. Abdu also condemned the decision to remove subsidy while at the same time making life unbearable for citizens by raising electricity tariff, reinstating toll gates, and retrenching workers.

He noted that the title of the book could not have come at a better time than now because the country had been hijacked by five groups of people he listed to include, “corrupt and rapacious politicians, imperial technocrats, international financial institutions, multinational corporations and parasitic business class.”

On his part, Mr. Ribadu said he was he aligning himself with the position of his party, the ACN, which had issued a terse statement condemning the government for trying to cut the subsidy on fuel.

Some speakers at the event spoke on the widespread insecurity in the country. They were however of the view that allocating the lion’s share of the 2012 budget to security is not the solution but good governance.

"In a country in which people are struggling to get the next meal, and one person will steal over N500billion and go scot-free, no amount of money voted for security will guarantee peace other than social justice,” Mr. Galadima said.

Some of those who attended the event were Osun State governor, Rauf Aregbesola, who was represented by Idiat Babalola; a fomer presidential aide, Uba Sani; S.Oronsanye, who represented the president of the Academic Staff Union of Universities; a chieftain of the the Congress for Progressive Change Farouk Adamu Aliyu; and Abdullahi Ribadu, former vice chancellor, Federal University of Technology, Yola.

http://premiumtimesng.com/index.php/news/3139-nlc_says_jonathan_is_too_dull_for_nigeria.html

Well, we've always known this. It's just a reminder.

Looks = 0
Body Language = 0
Utterances = 0
Decisions = 0
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2011
Ah ah ah ah

Abeg no kill Retardeen oooo
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Lasinoh: 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2011
Nigerians too complain.
Serves 'em right!
They got the right dunce to represent the country of Ogbonge dunces this time.
I deeeey laugh toooooooooo ooooooooh!!!!!! grin
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2011
Blazay How far now

Weekend dey come again and this kain cloudy weather and rain we suppose shine Kongo o

Make I come meet for you Garland or you dey come McKinney?
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Lasinoh: 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2011
dayokanu:

Blazay How far now

Weekend dey come again and this kain cloudy weather and rain we suppose shine Kongo o

Make I come meet for you Garland or you dey come McKinney?

I dey celebrate Christmas for my Coppell house, come meet me for dia huh? wink
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2011
Yes oooo

Make we celibrate

Shey na only you go dey haus?

I go just follow McArthur down till I reach 121 abi?
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Lasinoh: 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2011
dayokanu:

Yes oooo

Make we celibrate

Shey na only you go dey haus?

I go just follow McArthur down till I reach 121 abi?

O yes o
Oga dey Nigeria. . . children dey witi grandma wink
Just follow the sign for 121 wey say 'Welcome. . . Pooosie Is Ready'! kiss
Just stop first for Bank of America. . .on 121 and Denton Tapp Road make you pay the usual 'concessionary' fees huh?
I go give you beta discount. . .one night + 2 days freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. wink

Things too cost for winter! wink
Shey you grab?
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by aljharem3: 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2011
He also accused the president of lacking adequate knowledge on the subsidy matter based on his response on the issue at the National Assembly, wondering why he is determined to go ahead with the policy.

We or at least I know he does not understand the issue that is why likes of iweala and madueke are buying houses of 20 millon euros. SMH
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by CyberG: 11:42pm On Dec 15, 2011
lukkie:

The Nigerian Labour Congress on Thursday lambasted President Goodluck Jonathan, describing him as a "[size=16pt]dull leader[/size]" who lacks the capacity to govern a complex country such as Nigeria.

After screaming for AGES, some people can now SCREAM what we always knew on the pages of newspapers and publicly. I can imagine the DUMB STOOPID look on his face when he reads that he has been finally found out. Even the Analytic Chemistry teacher Yaradua is way ahead of this piece of ass shiite JONADUNCE EMPTYLUCK.
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On Dec 15, 2011
Lasinoh:

O yes o
Oga dey Nigeria. . . children dey witi grandma wink
Just follow the sign for 121 wey say 'Welcome. . . Pooosie Is Ready'! kiss
Just stop first for Bank of America. . .on 121 and Denton Tapp Road make you pay the usual 'concessionary' fees huh?
I go give you beta discount. . .one night + 2 days freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. wink

Things too cost for winter! wink
Shey you grab?

Correct I sabi that area.

Shey make we go chop for I-hop first or Applebees?

Should I bring Kondom or Polythene bag or which one you prefer?

Abi Glad trash bags are better?

No gree for Rhino ooo You no say na we South South dey roll we no get time for Okoro-Ngbatis

Mu he he
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by aljharem3: 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
NLC was a bit wrong there. You do not called a president "dull"

If He was, he would not be where he is today or would he ?
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by HighChief4(m): 12:14am On Dec 16, 2011
Shebi the guy say he don suspend the subsidy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:23am On Dec 16, 2011
A breath of fresh air indeed. angry
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:25am On Dec 16, 2011
alj_harem:

You do not called a president "dull"

You go fear grammer. grin
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by aljharem3: 12:29am On Dec 16, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

You go fear grammer. grin

abeg teach me what I should have written smiley instead of the quote.
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Rhino5dm: 12:39am On Dec 16, 2011
Ha Ha Ha! Finally!! Jonadunce is NOW official grin

chei! This NLC guy must a be CPC member to call GEJ a DULLARD. . . .How could he say our Phd holder presido is a "Dull President"?

I laugh in NLC
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by aljharem3: 12:43am On Dec 16, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Ha Ha Ha! Finally!! Jonadunce is NOW official grin

chei! This NLC guy must a be CPC member to call GEJ a DULLARD. . . .How could he say our Phd holder presido is a "Dull President"?

I laugh in NLC

aboki, why are you calling him dull ?

NLC was wrong in branding our president with such term.

I bet they could not have done the same for IBB and co that actually destroyed the country.
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 12:48am On Dec 16, 2011
^^ Actually the Pascal Bafyau led NLC did worse to IBB

Many even carried his coffin around proclaiming his death

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by aljharem3: 12:49am On Dec 16, 2011
dayokanu:

egbon DK

when was this,

do you have a link ?
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 12:52am On Dec 16, 2011
A link to tell you about Pascal Bafyau?

Those were pre-internet days.

Pascal Bafyau and Frank Kokori grounded IBB govt in 1993
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Beaf: 12:53am On Dec 16, 2011
dayokanu:

That is a big lie. Pascal Bafyau sold out; it was Unilag and Uniben students that carried IBB's coffin. I WAS THERE.
frank Kokori was the only genuine guy in any union, the rest collected Ghana must go.
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Rhino5dm: 12:54am On Dec 16, 2011
Uwarka ce Aboki grin grin

IP you like hit your head por wall, Alhaji Boko Haram, IBB can be anything from thief,wicked,murderer. . .But, certainly not "Too Dull"!. Remember he was nick named maradona(The smart one).

Lmao@Jonathan is toooooooooo dulllll!

Chei! NLC igbu'n nmadu shocked grin

alj_harem:

aboki, why are you calling him dull ?

NLC was wrong in branding our president with such term.

I bet they could not have done the same for IBB and co that actually destroyed the country.
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 12:55am On Dec 16, 2011
^^ EGbon mi razists

Some things are beyond you.

So it was ONLY in UNILAG and UNIBEN where they carried coffin? You make me laff.

All cities and towns in the SW at least had mock funerals for IBB

if you were too young then ask those who knew
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by aljharem3: 12:57am On Dec 16, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Uwarka ce Aboki grin grin

IP you like hit your head por wall, Alhaji Boko Haram, IBB can be anything from thief,wicked,murderer. . .But, certainly not "Too Dull"!. Remember he was nick named maradona(The smart one).

Lmao@Jonathan is toooooooooo dulllll!

Chei! NLC igbu'n nmadu shocked grin

You dey craze, ur father wink

I still think we should show some respect to our president. All the insult rained on him would not give him the positive atmosphere to think straight and do the right thing.
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Beaf: 12:57am On Dec 16, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ EGbon mi razists

Some things are beyond you.

So it was ONLY in UNILAG and UNIBEN where they carried coffin? You make me laff.

All cities and towns in the SW at least had mock funerals for IBB

if you were too young then ask those who knew

Thats a phucking lie. WE ORGANISED AND CARRIED OUT THE RIOTS.
NLC has always been a group of immoral bribe takers, except for the likes of Oshiomole.
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 12:58am On Dec 16, 2011
^^ Who are the "WE" that carried out the riots?
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by aljharem3: 1:02am On Dec 16, 2011
dayokanu:

A link to tell you about Pascal Bafyau?

Those were pre-internet days.

Pascal Bafyau and Frank Kokori grounded IBB govt in 1993

i see
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Rhino5dm: 1:10am On Dec 16, 2011
The day they stopped calling Buhari names, that day i free GEJ. Fair exchange! cheesy

BTW, Alhaji Boko Haram your bombs don finish? Abi you dey off today?. . . .choi! Seeeeee finishing"TOO DULL and Cluelesssssss", indeed

Awon NLC e baaaad gan, oooo! Iru oruko wo ni a leyi? grin grin

alj_harem:

You dey craze, your father wink

I still think we should show some respect to our president. All the insult rained on him would not give him the positive atmosphere to think straight and do the right thing.

Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by EkoIle1: 1:40am On Dec 16, 2011
NLC too is freeking DULL for just finding out that Odeshuku El Retardo is a dullard

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Kilode1: 1:59am On Dec 16, 2011
Iirc, Pascal Bafyau did sell out eventually, they always sell out. Well except for Frank Kokori and a few others from groups like CD campaign for democracy: Beko Ransome Kuti, Falana, Gani, CLO, Ayo Obe and co

Unilag, Uniben, Ife and a lot of other Uni students piled up pressure too.

Looking back, those folks did risk a whole lot sha, considering we had no quick internet videos, Twitter pics and Other tools. Damn!

But as per carrying Coffin, I think that was done virtually everywhere in the SW at least, generally in the South. IBB and Abacha were hated across the board really.
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Beaf: 3:10am On Dec 16, 2011
^
Nah, the coffin thing was only Uniben and Unilag.
Re: Do You Agree With NLC That Jonathan Is Too Dull For Nigeria? by Kilode1: 4:13am On Dec 16, 2011
^
Nah. even my village people carried IBB's coffin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Plateau Community / Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths / Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.