Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,327 members, 7,819,118 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star (13657 Views)

Bollywood Star Salman Khan Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison / MEET: Jyoti Amge :the World's Shortest Woman / World Shortest Woman-photos(a Must See)the Shortest Woman Living Is Jyoti Amge(i (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by executinal(m): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2011
NAGPUR, India (AP) — A high school student in central India was recognized as the world's shortest woman by Guinness World Records on Friday as she turned 18 and said she hopes to earn a degree and make it in Bollywood.

Jyoti Amge stood just 62.8 centimeters (24.7 inches) tall — shorter than the average 2-year-old — when Guinness representatives visiting from London measured her at a ceremony attended by about 30 relatives and friends in the town of Nagpur, in Maharashtra state.

A teary-eyed Amge, dressed in one of her finest saris, called the honor an "extra birthday present" and said she felt grateful for being small, as it had brought her recognition. After receiving a plaque, she and her guests cut a birthday cake.

"I have put Nagpur on the world map. Now everyone will know where it is," said Amge, who says she dreams of one day becoming a Bollywood film star as well as pursuing a university degree after she finishes high school this year.

"I want to be an actor," she said.

She measured 7 centimeters (2.76 inches) shorter than 22-year-old American Bridgette Jordan, who had held the title since September.

"Jyoti encourages us all to look beyond mere size and to just celebrate our differences," Guinness adjudicator Rob Molloy said.

This was not Amge's first Guinness record. Until Friday she was considered the world's shortest teenager, but in turning 18 qualified for the new title. She has grown less than 1 centimeter (0.4 inch) in the last two years, Guinness said in a statement, and will grow no more due to a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia.

Her teenage title brought the chance for multiple Guinness-sponsored trips to Japan and Italy for tours and meetings with other record holders, she said.

The title of shortest woman in history continues to be held by Pauline Musters, who lived in the Netherlands from 1876 to 1895 and stood 61 centimeters (24 inches) tall.

(This version CORRECTS dateline to Nagpur instead of Agpur)

Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Kunbee: 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
She is sooo minute cheesy
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by sunej(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2011
If Aki and Paw paw could get married, there is hope for this one o! shocked
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by sandysprax(m): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2011
oh my days!!! awsome
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2011
Nice !!!! She wanna be an actor. Cool !!! Ambition knows no height
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by IbroSaunks(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2011
gosh!!see her teeth!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by born2boink(m): 10:49am On Dec 17, 2011
How would my dick size her pussy, cause it is 7 inches , and precise, She can be smuggled through traveling bag to another country
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Natasha2(f): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2011
nice
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by everyday: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2011
Canal penetration and even if she became pregnant will definitely kill her
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Nattyacid: 11:12am On Dec 17, 2011
She's not small, she's tiny.
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by moshoodn(m): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2011
She's so beautiful. . . .
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by honeric01(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2011
Real human doll. Hmm God o!
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by UyiIredia(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
She's okay.
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2011
She looks really cute. I'm so happy she got recognition too.
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2011
You would always find some retards who would say 'GOSH'. What a heartless person. She is beautiful the way she is. Learn to appreciate life.

1 Like

Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2011
LOl. . .what a cutie.
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2011
Awwwhh. . .She's so cute and adorable. . . smiley
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2011
God you are too much oooo
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Emmyk(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2011
Just took up a ruler to know whats up with her height on my hand.
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Abayomin70(m): 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2011
GOD is great but i doubt if she can get pregnant even if she do mennn she may die
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Dt03(m): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2011
Can she deliver baby
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by freecocoa(f): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2011
WOW,this God is so awesome and amazing,she's so cute,I'm sure her movies will sell very well when she finally becomes an actor.
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Gague: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2011
Whoa! Her disability brought her fame.
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by begwong: 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2011
goodluck in your career&congrats for d guiness world record!
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2011
Gague:

Whoa! Her disability brought her fame.

What disability does she have? Sometimes it's best to really think before passing comment, otherwise you come across as a r[i]e[/i]tard. She may be less than petite, but she's still perfectly formed.
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by OAM4J: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2011
beauty comes in various forms. Nice!
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by executinal(m): 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2011
sunej:

If Aki and Paw paw could get married, there is hope for this one o!  shocked
Don't allow Aki catch you  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by tlops(m): 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2011
aki, pawpaw and papaya is now ready!!
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by anonymous6(f): 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2011
even tinnier then a midget, damn she is small and the size of big dolls I see in the stores
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by mikron(m): 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2011
God is wonderful. Everybody is unique in his or her own way.
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2011
God her and me too for blessing her and to the unknown reader who says Amen.

Amen grin
Re: World's Shortest Woman Wants To Be Bollywood Star by freshera: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2011
mikron:

God is wonderful. Everybody is unique in his or her own way.

As in.

Omo mehn,  a company that sells small items should upgrade her and creatively use her for adverts. She is so cheerful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbnaija's Alex Gets Endorsement Deal With Jenesis Colony / Beyonce Supports Gay Marriage / Omoni Oboli Shares Family Photo Amidst Court Injunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.