Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,492 members, 7,861,415 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868986 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
TonMon:
ok thanks.. i'll keep you updated

Read point 174 about sponsorship here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by master007: 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
@ justwise. Please Wise men in the house take time to reply each of my question.
1. Deposit of only £1200 acceptable by school
2. Do I need to book an accomodation before going to vfs centre
3. Should I indicate my expired passport which I have been refused netherland visa in year 2008 but als have travelled to singapore and India on that passport?
4. Should I include my foriegn proffessional certificates
5. My company is giving me a study leave letter for the course but I have only spent one year plus with the company.
6. student tier 4 visa application website and do I need to print each page of the application form as I am filling them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
master007: @ justwise. Please Wise men in the house take time to reply each of my question.
1. Deposit of only £1200 acceptable by school
2. Do I need to book an accomodation before going to vfs centre
3. Should I indicate my expired passport which I have been refused netherland visa in year 2008 but als have travelled to singapore and India on that passport?
4. Should I include my foriegn proffessional certificates
5. My company is giving me a study leave letter for the course but I have only spent one year plus with the company.
6. student tier 4 visa application website and do I need to print each page of the application form as I am filling them?

FutureDon:

I understand that the use of agent nauseates Justwise. I'm not a fan of agents either, however I would answer your question.

You don't have to worry since the school only asked you to pay a deposit of 1200. However, it is imperative that you have the tuition balance + maintenance fee in your account.

No, you don't have to wait till August before applying for visa, you can pay the tuition balance when you get to the UK. Your agent should know by now that its not compulsory for you to pay your full tuition before applying for visa.

Somebody answered you here ^^^^

I don't have anything to say since you have an agent paid to do it for you. I try to help people who want to do it themselves. That is my policy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kollinz003(m): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Good evening all... I'm resuming at Swansea University in September 2013 for my postgraduate studies - please do you suggest campus residence accommodation or off campus and WHY? Kindly advice. Please is there anyone going to Swansea University for academic session to start September 2013? Would like us to talk, cos I'm going for September 2013 too, kindly reach me. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wolske: 9:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
@Justwise, Please jst a quick question. I plan to apply for my Visa in the first week of July. I'm supposed to go to the UK for my Phd with my wife (as my dependant) but she has to do a name change (from her maiden name to my own name) on her paasport and i understand this might take like three weeks. Meanwhile i want to apply for visa as early as possible. Do you think i should go on with my own application now and my wife can send in her own application when her passport is ready? Do you think it's advisable to do it this way? Or do you advise i wait for her own passport to be ready( and only God knows when that will be) so that we can do a joint application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:42am On Jun 26, 2013
Justwise abeg I wanted to apply through an agency (BCIE) but they say the money needs to be paid into my account for 28 days. should I by pass the agency and go straight or what because before the money will be paid into my account plus the 28 days September go don reach o.so justwise wat should I do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by softtouch2(m): 5:51am On Jun 26, 2013
masperano: Justwise abeg I wanted to apply through an agency (BCIE) but they say the money needs to be paid into my account for 28 days. should I by pass the agency and go straight or what because before the money will be paid into my account plus the 28 days September go don reach o.so justwise wat should I do

What your agent said was right., but tone of ur write-up look like you-yourself have not been reading the guidelines.
Even if you read people's post between line on this forum, you must gain some insight.

So, I will advise you review your application with the new guideline before you proceed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arzakari2: 6:14am On Jun 26, 2013
[quote author=justwise]

Just wise,i wanted to find out this from you.I work for my own up and coming sports marketing company in Ghana and in March,I applied for a visit visa to aid me attend a day sports conference in UK,but at that time both me and my company was cash strapped so i sought sponsorship from a construction company of my colleague and hence used their statement but the bottom line is i was refused because, i should have disclose my personal financial standing and moreover,my sponsor who was footing my travel is a construction company and hence they find it hard to understand why a company unconnected to the world of sports is sponsoring me and why not my sports marketing company.I agree with them to a large extent because of insufficient documents and evidence.My issue is this,i have an unconditional offer to study Sports Marketing at Leeds Metropolitan University for 2 years. i have gone through all the requirements for applying for TIER 4 visa and will be applying this coming August but i was wondering if my first refusal will have an influence on my new application.i will be grateful,if you could also advice me as to how to go about this,taking BOTH circumstances into consideration.

Rashid,Ghana
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:23am On Jun 26, 2013
arzakari2: @justwise

Just wise,i wanted to find out this from you.I work for my own up and coming sports marketing company in Ghana and in March,I applied for a visit visa to aid me attend a day sports conference in UK,but at that time both me and my company was cash strapped so i sought sponsorship from a construction company of my colleague and hence used their statement but the bottom line is i was refused because, i should have disclose my personal financial standing and moreover,my sponsor who was footing my travel is a construction company and hence they find it hard to understand why a company unconnected to the world of sports is sponsoring me.I agree with them to a large extent because of insufficient documents and evidence.My issue is this,i have gotten a school in UK to read Sports Marketing for 2 years. i have gone through all the requirements for applying for TIER 4 visa and will be applying in August but i was wondering if my first refusal will have an influence on my new application.i will be grateful,if you could also advice me as to how to go about this,taking BOTH circumstances into consideration.

Rashid,Ghana

Were you refused under paragraph 320(7A)or(7B)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:27am On Jun 26, 2013
wolske: @Justwise, Please jst a quick question. I plan to apply for my Visa in the first week of July. I'm supposed to go to the UK for my Phd with my wife (as my dependant) but she has to do a name change (from her maiden name to my own name) on her paasport and i understand this might take like three weeks. Meanwhile i want to apply for visa as early as possible. Do you think i should go on with my own application now and my wife can send in her own application when her passport is ready? Do you think it's advisable to do it this way? Or do you advise i wait for her own passport to be ready( and only God knows when that will be) so that we can do a joint application?

You can do it both ways but doing it together will be less stressful depending on when her passport comes out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arzakari2: 6:28am On Jun 26, 2013
justwise:

Were you refused under paragraph 320(7A)or(7B)

Cant recollect but what they said was that,they doubt if i will comeback.but was not like that too.but i will be glad if you can explain what the paragraph 32(7A)or(7B)mean.Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:30am On Jun 26, 2013
kollinz003: Good evening all... I'm resuming at Swansea University in September 2013 for my postgraduate studies - please do you suggest campus residence accommodation or off campus and WHY? Kindly advice. Please is there anyone going to Swansea University for academic session to start September 2013? Would like us to talk, cos I'm going for September 2013 too, kindly reach me. Thanks.

Off campus is cheaper and less restrictive. School accommodation is always more expensive.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:33am On Jun 26, 2013
arzakari2:

Cant recollect but what they said was that,they doubt if i will comeback.but was not like that too.but i will be glad if you can explain what the paragraph 320(7A)or(7B)mean.Thank you

Please read the refusal letter again and note under which immigration law you were refused, its always stated towards the end of the letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:35am On Jun 26, 2013
masperano: Justwise abeg I wanted to apply through an agency (BCIE) but they say the money needs to be paid into my account for 28 days. should I by pass the agency and go straight or what because before the money will be paid into my account plus the 28 days September go don reach o.so justwise wat should I do

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

That will answer your questions if you care to read it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arzakari2: 6:49am On Jun 26, 2013
justwise:

Please read the refusal letter again and note under which immigration law you were refused, its always stated towards the end of the letter

Finding it hard to get the document but what will be the circumstance in both scenarios
thus ,
it is 320(7A).....................
if it 320(7B).....................

counting on your cooperation. Thank you and May God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2013
arzakari2:

Finding it hard to get the document but what will be the circumstance in both scenarios
thus ,
it is 320(7A).....................
if it 320(7B).....................

counting on your cooperation. Thank you and May God bless you

Page 5-6 of this pdf file explains it http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/modernised/general-grounds-refusing/entry-clearance.pdf?view=Binary
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arzakari2: 9:40am On Jun 26, 2013
justwise:

Page 5-6 of this pdf file explains it http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/modernised/general-grounds-refusing/entry-clearance.pdf?view=Binary

Thank you boss , bt i think i need to get the document and reply appropriately.wanted to knw,do i stand any chance of getting a tier 4 visa

@Justwise,i have seen the grounds that i was refused.it says" 46G(ii) of the UK immigration Rule HC395(as amended)

Hope to hear you soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kollinz003(m): 11:25am On Jun 26, 2013
justwise:

Off campus is cheaper and less restrictive. School accommodation is always more expensive.

Thank you, Justwise, I'll put that into consideration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arzakari2: 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
justwise,I have seen the refusal clearance document and it says the reason was based on 46G(ii) of the UK immigration Rule HC395(as amended)

Hope to hear you soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
arzakari2: justwise,I have seen the refusal clearance document and it says the reason was based on 46G(ii) of the UK immigration Rule HC395(as amended)

Hope to hear you soon.

You don't have to worry about the previous refusal but you still have to state it in the form when asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arzakari2: 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
justwise:

You don't have to worry about the previous refusal but you still have to state it in the form when asked.

that is in the application form right?and again i want to find out this from you.i have an account that i created since 2010.i still have access to it but its been dormant for a year now.The last time i deposited money is about a year ago.my issue is that my mum is actually stuffing this account with the required living cost/maintenace funds by next week and so we wait for 28 days roughly by the end of the month to get a statement out and apply for the visa.i want to find out whether the dormancy of the account has the tendency for me to be refused and if yes,what do i need to do
Hope to hear from you soon
Thank you...May God Bless you for the good work.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
@justwise thanks just studied it and I am ok will go directly a colleague just went thru d same process nd has clarified certain tinz dat were obscured to me !.once again thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arzakari2: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
i guess in the new application form right?and again i want to find out this from you.i have an account that i created since 2010.i still have access to it but its been dormant for a year now.The last time i deposited money is about a year ago.my issue is that my mum is actually stuffing this account with the required living cost/maintenace funds by next week and so we wait for 28 days roughly by the end of the month to get a statement out and apply for the visa.i want to find out whether the dormancy of the account has the tendency for me to be refused and if yes,what do i need to do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2013
arzakari2:

that is in the application form right?and again i want to find out this from you.i have an account that i created since 2010.i still have access to it but its been dormant for a year now.The last time i deposited money is about a year ago.my issue is that my mum is actually stuffing this account with the required living cost/maintenace funds by next week and so we wait for 28 days roughly by the end of the month to get a statement out and apply for the visa.i want to find out whether the dormancy of the account has the tendency for me to be refused and if yes,what do i need to do

Yes its in the application form, you will be fine with the bank account, no issue with that.... student-visa wise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2013
masperano: @justwise thanks just studied it and I am ok will go directly a colleague just went thru d same process nd has clarified certain tinz dat were obscured to me !.once again thanks

All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by walako: 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
justwise

Just wise, i have gotten an admission to study a BA(Hons) Programme in the Uk.My sponsor who is in the
states paid my tuition fee together with the accommodation fee with a credit card.which i verified from
the institution and they confirmed receiving such a payments.i have spoken to him about getting receipts from the institution so that i add them to my documents for submission but he has not been able to get them and time is not on my side too.i am in the process of gathering my documents to apply
for the visa and wanted to find out if i could submit my application without those receipts but anyway my CAS statement captures that these fees have been paid.I was thinking that even if i dont have those receipts, i still require a letter in a form of sponsorship claiming he paid the tuition fees right and if yes, can you please
advise any further regarding the information and documents that i need to include to support that claim.
With respect to my situation

Regards
Walako
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arzakari2: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
justwise:

Yes its in the application form, you will be fine with the bank account, no issue with that.... student-visa wise.

Ok.. thank you very much...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
walako: justwise

Just wise, i have gotten an admission to study a BA(Hons) Programme in the Uk.My sponsor who is in the
states paid my tuition fee together with the accommodation fee with a credit card.which i verified from
the institution and they confirmed receiving such a payments.i have spoken to him about getting receipts from the institution so that i add them to my documents for submission but he has not been able to get them and time is not on my side too.i am in the process of gathering my documents to apply
for the visa and wanted to find out if i could submit my application without those receipts but anyway my CAS statement captures that these fees have been paid.I was thinking that even if i dont have those receipts, i still require a letter in a form of sponsorship claiming he paid the tuition fees right and if yes, can you please
advise any further regarding the information and documents that i need to include to support that claim.
With respect to my situation

Regards
Walako

You don't need any receipt, CAS will do.

Do you have your maintenance money? (7200 or 9000 pounds) in bank account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
arzakari2:

Ok.. thank you very much...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

No worries, all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by walako: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
justwise:

You don't need any receipt, CAS will do.

Do you have your maintenance money? (7200 or 9000 pounds) in bank account?

Yes,I do

Thank you just wise..

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 11:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
hi. justwise, am also in d same shoe with masperano as regards official sponsorship from institution. Can i apply for Visa without statement of account showing d money needed for study & maintainance? My CAS statement indicates clearly dat am been sponsored by d institution and pls state clearly d documents am to use for visa purpose. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 11:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
[quote author=masperano]just wise pls I have a question I just secured a scholarship for my masters programme in united kingdom from my university ( I am an academic staff in the university) I have the scholarship letter and the uk university has also sent me my CAS my question is how do I go about applying for visa and is it possible to apply for visa with the scholarship letter and letter of introduction to the British embassy. your swift response will be appreciated

hi. justwise, am also in d
same shoe with masperano as
regards official sponsorship
from institution. Can i apply
for Visa without statement of
account showing d money
needed for study &
maintainance? My CAS
statement indicate clearly dat
am been sponsored by d
institution and pls state
clearly d documents am to
use for visa purpose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.