Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,518 members, 7,854,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868492 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:37am On Jul 06, 2013
James121: Nairalanders, JustWise, I hail una ooo. I just got admission into UCL London but the fees are out of this world. Please which scholarship can I apply for to be able to resume in October. Also is there anyone that has studied, is studying or that is a prospective UCL student

Scholarships are not readily available anymore, home students are the propriety now as economy bites hard.

Look for cheaper school according to your budget, UCL is an expensive school, you may give scholarship interns of fees reduction when you are paying full.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:41am On Jul 06, 2013
spazio: Justwise, i am having a hard time convincing my uncle to transfer the living costs into my account.i am toally confused and was told if that is the case,it better i ask him to swear an affidavit and provide other documents to show he is my legal guardian.i am confused and don't know what to do.Pls justwise,can you pls advise me whether to use the option being proposed by colleagues and how do i go about it ??

Thank you

Your uncle is not ready to sponsor you yet, if he really want to sponsor you then putting the money in your account should not be a problem.

The process of legal guardian is not just the issue of affidavit, anybody can get that and claim legal guardian, it will look suspicious that you decided to get those legal papers now you want to apply for visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 06, 2013
justwise:

Honestly i don't know, never use any of those services, i hope people give you the right answer.
justwise:

Yes that is the case

Thanks Just wise. Pls house is there any one who has used the services of( Deputy high commission, 11 walter Carrington crescent, Victoria island Lagos , Nigera)to obtain his or her visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
kellyemms: I am also goin dere 4 my msc! Wats ur email bro?

Why do you prefer private chat than making your contribution here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by camelus: 9:00am On Jul 07, 2013
Applied for UK Visa to attend a Graduation Ceremony which is taking place on 15th July 2013 while 9th July will make it a Month i submitted the application but the Visa is not yet out. The Person inviting me is already worried and wants to call British High Commission in Nigeria by Tuesday 9th July 2013, Is this Ok or what's the best approach?
Please Nairalanders need ur advice !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
justwise:

Your uncle is not ready to sponsor you yet, if he really want to sponsor you then putting the money in your account should not be a problem.

The process of legal guardian is not just the issue of affidavit, anybody caget that and claim legal guardian, it will look suspicious that you decided to get those legal papers now you want to apply for visa.

Guy I am a living witness oh, I never knew but just find a way to convince ur uncle or else don't waste money on visa fee try get a new sponsor cos no matter anykin affidavit or wetin sef dem go deny u life
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Guy pls I need help, as u have neva failed, I got admission last year, but my visa was denied due to d fact dat I made use of a local account statement. Therefore waiting till dis year I called my skool city uni uk to send me a CAS so I can reapply for visa n I receive a mail dat I need a proof of english proficiency, that's toefl n others, I am wweak abt it, I no knw where I wan begin read for toefl now, pls pls pls I need solutions to my problems abeg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
xteeeee: Guy pls I need help, as u have neva failed, I got admission last year, but my visa was denied due to d fact dat I made use of a local account statement. Therefore waiting till dis year I called my skool city uni uk to send me a CAS so I can reapply for visa n I receive a mail dat I need a proof of english proficiency, that's toefl n others, I am wweak abt it, I no knw where I wan begin read for toefl now, pls pls pls I need solutions to my problems abeg

Pls, explain more on this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
spikes C:

Pls, explain more on this
The account statement I used was my dad's own personal company account which I backed with his letter n signature wit stamp but oyibo refuse me visa oh smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
Guy pls I need help, as u have neva failed, I got admission last year, but my visa was denied due to d fact dat I made use of a local company account statement. Therefore waiting till dis year I called my skool city uni uk to send me a CAS so I can reapply for visa n I receive a mail dat I need a proof of english proficiency b4 they can issue me a CAS because dats is d present UK requirment, that's toefl n others, I am wweak abt it, I no knw where I wan begin read for toefl now, pls pls pls I need solutions to my problems abeg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:03am On Jul 08, 2013
xteeeee:
The account statement I used was my dad's own personal company account which I backed with his letter n signature wit stamp but oyibo refuse me visa oh smiley
It has been explained on here many, many, many, many, times.
In most countries that Nigerians want to go to.
A buisness account / company account is regarded as the property of the company. It may not be used as a private account by someone!
There is no point blaming Oyibos if you do not understand the rules that apply to most of the world!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 6:11am On Jul 08, 2013
xteeeee: Guy pls I need help, as u have neva failed, I got admission last year, but my visa was denied due to d fact dat I made use of a local company account statement. Therefore waiting till dis year I called my skool city uni uk to send me a CAS so I can reapply for visa n I receive a mail dat I need a proof of english proficiency b4 they can issue me a CAS because dats is d present UK requirment, that's toefl n others, I am wweak abt it, I no knw where I wan begin read for toefl now, pls pls pls I need solutions to my problems abeg

Quickly register for IELTS academic, its easy and u can practise online by urself @ home. I think there's a module coming up on thE 22nd of July. It would take abt 13 days for the result to be out, so start all other visa preparations now.so u meet up with sept resumption.UKBA does not recognis our WAEC English again that's why TOE is required by most schools now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2013
Be+2012:

Quickly register for IELTS academic, its easy and u can practise online by urself @ home. I think there's a module coming up on thE 22nd of July. It would take abt 13 days for the result to be out, so start all other visa preparations now.so u meet up with sept resumption.UKBA does not recognis our WAEC English again that's why TOE is required by most schools now.
Thanks, signs of relief, thanks for giving me hope and encouragement bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 10:47am On Jul 08, 2013
WAEC is not recognized again? How true is dis?
Be+2012:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
Just wise pls one last question< my letter of introduction to the british embassy was addressed to 11 Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island Lagos . my question is must I submit my application there or can I still submit in ikeja(dis will be more favourable). ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 6:03am On Jul 09, 2013
@hollAdapoo its very true UKBA does not accept ur Waec English as a proff of English proficiency anymore. The only way to escape IELTS or TOEFL is to apply to UK universities that would access ur English lang by themselves and include on ur CAS that they r satisfied with ur English and have awarded u a B2 English grade. If not IELtS is the way.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:41am On Jul 09, 2013
masperano: Just wise pls one last question< my letter of introduction to the british embassy was addressed to 11 Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island Lagos . my question is must I submit my application there or can I still submit in ikeja(dis will be more favourable). ?

You can submit your application in any of their offices
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 7:04am On Jul 09, 2013
Be+2012:
@hollAdapoo its very true UKBA does not accept ur Waec English as a proff of English proficiency anymore. The only way to escape IELTS or TOEFL is to apply to UK universities that would access ur English lang by themselves and include on ur CAS that they r satisfied with ur English and have awarded u a B2 English grade. If not IELtS is the way.

Please kindly drop a list of such universities or colleges.....thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hello friends, pls I want to knw if I can register for the toefl on my own or do I need any personnel to do dat for me, is yes den, I need a trusted personnel which I can register including lectures, thanks in anticipation for a reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 11:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
Be+2012:
Justwise please kindly shed more light on this.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pleas house. I need some1 with Authentic information to help me out.
Am about to apply for my visa using WAEC, its stated on my CAS. I need to know if its true that UKBA does not accept WAEC anymore. Don't want to make any mistake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2013
holladapooo: Pleas house. I need some1 with Authentic information to help me out.
Am about to apply for my visa using WAEC, its stated on my CAS. I need to know if its true that UKBA does not accept WAEC anymore. Don't want to make any mistake.

UKBA accepts waec, they just don't see Nigeria as an English speaking country.

The schools are told to confirm your English proficiency, so it's left for them to accept your WAEC/NECO or ask you to take IELTS.

Uni. Of Derby, collects letter from your Nigerian school which should state that they teach in English.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:20am On Jul 10, 2013
holladapooo:
Justwise please kindly shed more light on this.
Thanks.

spikes C:

The schools are told to confirm your English proficiency, so it's left for them to accept your WAEC/NECO or ask you to take IELTS.

Uni. Of Derby, collects letter from your Nigerian school which should state that they teach in English.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 12:30am On Jul 10, 2013
spikes C:

I feel relieved now. Thanks for this useful information.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 12:34am On Jul 10, 2013
justwise:

Seen. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2013
Hello friends,pls pls pls I want to knw if I can register for the toefl on my own or do I need any personnel to do dat for me, is yes den, I need a trusted personnel which I can register including lectures, thanks in anticipation for a reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hash0017: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
@justwise HI My name is harsha .I have applied for UK Tier 4 student visa on 10th may 2013 and its have been 2 months now and i haven't received my visa.My class start by sept 11.It have been mentioned that we receive our visa mostly by 15 days and when i inquired to British high commission they said further inquiries going on.I am stressed .In case of Rejection I dont even have time to reapply .Please advise what I should do . cry
nanie89: Please Harsha,where did you apply for your tier 4 visa? Lagos/abuja??

nanie89: Please Harsha,where did you apply for your tier 4 visa? Lagos/abuja??

I have applied for UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Please Harsha,where did you apply for your tier 4 visa? Lagos/abuja??

hash0017: HI My name is harsha .I have applied for UK Tier 4 student visa on 10th may 2013 and its have been 2 months now and i haven't received my visa.My class start by sept 11.It have been mentioned that we receive our visa mostly by 15 days and when i inquired to British high commission they said further inquiries going on.I am stressed .In case of Rejection I dont even have time to reapply .Please advise what I should do . cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hi justwise how are you bro?
I am in uk started my course finally as i was even. amywas i wanna wat are the steps i need inorder to call my father on studentb visa
thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MuhammadJaved(m): 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
sorry I meant my father on business visa
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.