Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868942 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
spikes C: Ok , this part is ridiculous

I'll be submitting my application (online), and then book an appointment (considering 28 days period).
How would i know the exchange rate on the day of my closing balance?

Or, do i write it on the day of the biometric submission?

You would write it on your bank statement. Check the oanda conversion rate on the day you print out your bank statement and write it on the statement with the date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
mukykaffe: please what are the likely questions that are going to be asked on visa interview.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2013

I'll be submitting my application (online), and then book an appointment (considering 28 days period).

Go online to the oanda site on the day of your application and enter your balance converted to GBP. Print off that conversion page and submit it with your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
^^^Thanks ya'll cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:52am On Dec 24, 2013
awistle:
Hospitality jobs are all around, u will just apply and do ur interview via Skype most time and hope u get it, not really seen any bad area around Salford, so it's ur money that determines where u want to stay most times or except a particular apartment is full or booked!
Thanks. It is well!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:58am On Dec 24, 2013
Don Oms:
Go online to the oanda site on the day of your application and enter your balance converted to GBP. Print off that conversion page and submit it with your application.
I actually didn't even bother checking nor printing the oanda exchange rate cause I had more than twice the amount needed for maintenance in my account. My point is that just do the math with say N270 which I suppose is way above the exchange rate and you will be fine.
If your money barely crosses the mark then printing the oanda will be a good idea to clear any ambiguity.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 3:03am On Dec 24, 2013

as long ad your money is way bigger than the minimum then you can care less about the oanda thing..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:22am On Dec 24, 2013
beautyuche: Still waiting for your response please see below my appeal I will appreciate your comments and vetting.

Unable to demonstrate maintenance funds of 7200 GBP in account for minimum period of 28 days

Firstly the CAS letter was issued to me based on the UK boarder Agency requirement on the maintenance upkeep. To this effect an Organizational financial sponsorship was sent to the school and accepted for CAS Issuance.

Secondly while filling my application under maintenance and fee( No 83 & 84) I explicitly stated that my official financial sponsor LES Hommes ltd will bear the cost of my maintenance fee as accepted by the UK boarder agency and have submitted along with the visa application , the accepted Letter of sponsorship, the Company Bank Reference Letter and the Company Bank Statement that were not referred to or rather ignored during the processing of my application .

Thirdly I am fully aware that the funds in my personal account will have been few days less of the minimum 28 day requirement and be sufficient within the application processing period. I submitted my personal bank statements to buttress the fact that I had funds of my own as support to my application as an ADD ON to my maintenance while studying in the UK. Using my personal account to refuse me entry clearance was inappropriate.

Kindly reconsider my application as I will lose my Official Sponsorship which is a rare opportunity given me to further my career as a Marine Professional as my course of study Chief Mate (Unlimited)/ HND Nautical Science could not be obtained in country and the school may not be able to issue another CAS reference letter as 6th December deadline has passed

Before you go for review (not appeal because you can only appeal if the refusal is within the UK) you need to answer this question: Is your sponsor a multi-national organization? Forget about the 28days thing because if your sponsor is a multi-national company then their sponsorship letter is all you need, no need for their bank statement or stuff.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 11:03am On Dec 24, 2013
picked it up today after days of shayo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
Zeetry: picked it up today after days of shayo
Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
congrats mate......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
xteeeee:
Congrats

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
Congrat friend,when did u submit yours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lalla89: 4:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Good day all, @ justwise please can you guide me on how to register IELTS in nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
lalla89: Good day all, @ justwise please can you guide me on how to register IELTS in nigeria.
Google search!!
register IELTS in nigeria http://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/ielts/register
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
lalla89: Good day all, @ justwise please can you guide me on how to register IELTS in nigeria.

If u in Lagos go to British Council, 20 Thompson Avenue, Ikoyi, Lagos to register, make sure u go wit ur international passport, photo passport, ur 38k n finally ur sef wink grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
keji11:
Congrat friend,when did u submit yours.

on d 13th of dec
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 9:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Zeetry:

on d 13th of dec
You submitted in Lagos or Abuja.Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
Merry Xmas to all nairalander, it's been nice knowing you all, have fun
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
keji11:
You submitted in Lagos or Abuja.Thanks

lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas to you all, wonderful people may God continue to bless us and grant us more wisdom and our hearts desires. Amen

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 6:37am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Xmas y'all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 10:33am On Dec 25, 2013
bunburized: Merry Xmas y'all.

merry xmas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zeetry: 10:44am On Dec 25, 2013
bunburized: Merry Xmas y'all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
My Dad just requested for the list of items I will need with respect to my trip to the UK so he can "bless" me. I told him after the Xmas.
Please I need the assistance of those who have gone through same process to know exactly what should be included in such a list.
The list should include what I need here in Nigeria before I leave and also what I will need in the UK.
My destination is Manchester/Salford.
Thanks in advance for all your inputs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
bunburized: My Dad just requested for the list of items I will need with respect to my trip to the UK so he can "bless" me. I told him after the Xmas.
Please I need the assistance of those who have gone through same process to know exactly what should be included in such a list.
The list should include what I need here in Nigeria before I leave and also what I will need in the UK.
you really don't need anything out of the normal stuffs you know too that's cloths, sweaters, good sinkers above all you need money. But to mention other things then you get a good winter jacket to start with. Although is still around 7degrees but it will eventually drop.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by roblance: 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
You guys are so so wonderful. I appreciate what you guys are doing here.May God bless you all.
Have been going through the thread for about three days, though am a newbie in all these and its not easy getting everything at once.
Pls guys I need guideline on applying for a Student Visa...But what I really need is how to choose a good school. I mentioned earlier that am a newbie, so don't be embarrased by any question I ask..Questions I ask may seem unreasonable to you guys.

My first question is which good University is admitting students btw february and April nxt year. Though am still serving, will be through with my service nxt year Feb and I plan to Move ahead for my Msc instantly,,I graduated from Futa, with a second class upper in Biology. Pls guys I need you to give mee a guideline on Schools which offers Admission easily.

I read About TOEFL, will do that as soon as possible and Maybe GRE too. Statement Of account is Not really a prob as I have about 2-3m in my account.

2nd Question is Must I do TOEFL b getting admission or after?
3rd Question is how long will it take to process the student visa?

Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
roblance: You guys are so so wonderful. I appreciate what you guys are doing here.May God bless you all.
Have been going through the thread for about three days, though am a newbie in all these and its not easy getting everything at once.
Pls guys I need guideline on applying for a Student Visa...But what I really need is how to choose a good school. I mentioned earlier that am a newbie, so don't be embarrased by any question I ask..Questions I ask may seem unreasonable to you guys.

My first question is which good University is admitting students btw february and April nxt year. Though am still serving, will be through with my service nxt year Feb and I plan to Move ahead for my Msc instantly,,I graduated from Futa, with a second class upper in Biology. Pls guys I need you to give mee a guideline on Schools which offers Admission easily.

I read About TOEFL, will do that as soon as possible and Maybe GRE too. Statement Of account is Not really a prob as I have about 2-3m in my account.

Thanks in advance

You can use this link as a guide in making ur choice http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings for the English exams it also depends on the school but it's required by most schools, u can write IETLS much easy to pass beside toefl is having issh in naija, while the march intake is also available so make ur finding by using google, I hope this little info helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
roblance: You guys are so so wonderful. I appreciate what you guys are doing here.May God bless you all.

Thanks in advance

Don't write any of those exams until you are told by the university you are admitted to, you may not need it.

2-3m will not be enough, you should be looking at 4m +...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 3:36am On Dec 26, 2013
bunburized: My Dad just requested for the list of items I will need with respect to my trip to the UK so he can "bless" me. I told him after the Xmas.
Really "A list" Lol u arent going to a boarding skul, most importantly u need money, u may bring a few clothes, food stuffs, toiletries and a winter jacket. that is the basic thing i think, the remaining u ve to get them over here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by roblance: 6:28am On Dec 26, 2013
Thanks brothers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by roblance: 6:39am On Dec 26, 2013
Bro which school were you admitted to? Do they have low tuition?

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.