Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,739 members, 7,851,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868120 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 12:03am On Aug 16, 2014
spikesC: So, after 27 working days (exclusive of 2 public holidays), my visa is out.

Got no single mail from UKVI, only got this mail from teleperformance:

Dear Valued Customer,
We are contacting you to notify you that your visa application request has been received at the application center and is ready for pickup.

Tracking also changed to Ready for collection

@ spikesC congrats, My CAS has been reissued and sent to me today and i want to apply over the weekend for abuja and see if i can submit on Wednesday but my question is that my school is resuming on sept 15th and i hope is not too late for me if i apply on the 20th which is next week wedneday at abuja plss help me out here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by constance234: 12:31am On Aug 16, 2014
spikesC:

It doesn't matter if you don't have accommodation before applying.
You don't have anything to worry about accommodation as far you have the funds. What people are advised to do is, you look for accommodation online, tell the landlord you're coming to see it as so so date. Then when you land, you lodge in a hotel for a few days, view the houses, pay and move in.

Is accommodation really the reason why you're deferring or you have any other worries?
Thanks so much,no accomodation wasn't the reason I defered,I was away and just got back I don't think I could do all the run around to get docs together as I know my uni will even delay in issuing transcript for my bachelors amongst other things.i want to get it right as I know hurry will make me miss some details.january is just around the corner.still Greenwich so I still owe u that meet up.lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:39am On Aug 16, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

@ spikesC congrats, My CAS has been reissued and sent to me today and i want to apply over the weekend for abuja and see if i can submit on Wednesday but my question is that my school is resuming on sept 15th and i hope is not too late for me if i apply on the 20th which is next week wedneday at abuja plss help me out here

No, it is not. Goodluck on it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:42am On Aug 16, 2014
constance234:
Thanks so much,no accomodation wasn't the reason I defered,I was away and just got back I don't think I could do all the run around to get docs together as I know my uni will even delay in issuing transcript for my bachelors amongst other things.i want to get it right as I know hurry will make me miss some details.january is just around the corner.still Greenwich so I still owe u that meet up.lol

No problem. We Londoners will be waiting grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:45am On Aug 16, 2014
tobee: Hello house, I need ur advice. I made a cheque deposit for maintenance money on 17th which was a Thursday and was suppose to mature on 21st. Fortunately, someone deposited some money in my account on 18th. When I print my account statement from 18th, it showed the amount I deposited on Thursday without saying the cheque is not mature. Is it safe to start counting my 28 days from 18th?

I don't understand what you mean by your cheque not being matured.

if you have the complete required money as at Thursday and you have another deposit on Friday, 18th, you can print your statement from 18th July if you want. Your 28th day will be 15th August.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 12:45am On Aug 16, 2014
spikesC:

No, it is not. Goodluck on it

Thanks @spikesC why did your application took that long? is it because you have been refused before or is it teleperfomance error? please respond
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 12:48am On Aug 16, 2014
DonOms:

I don't understand what you mean by your cheque not being matured.

if you have the complete required money as at Thursday and you have another deposit on Friday, 18th, you can print your statement from 18th July if you want. Your 28th day will be 15th August.

It's normal two days wait when u make a cheque deposit from a different bank as yours . Like u deposit a UBA cheque at Gtbank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:52am On Aug 16, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

Thanks @spikesC why did your application took that long? is it because you have been refused before or is it teleperfomance error? please respond

Because of teleperformance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 12:55am On Aug 16, 2014
spikesC:

Because of teleperformance

Oh ok i was scared before oh but i hope they answer me within a week because am going to abuja with GOD on wednesday
congrat once again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:27am On Aug 16, 2014
tobee:

It's normal two days wait when u make a cheque deposit from a different bank as yours . Like u deposit a UBA cheque at Gtbank

Okay, I get it. As long as the closing balance you had as at 18th July was enough, then it's fine to start counting from 18th and your 28th day is the 15th of August.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 1:38am On Aug 16, 2014
DonOms:

Okay, I get it. As long as the closing balance you had as at 18th July was enough, then it's fine to start counting from 18th and your 28th day is the 15th of August.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2014
spikesC:

lol at surulere. Did i ever tell you guys i was denied in January cos i applied just 1 week to my course start date.

Thank you all, i really appreciate ur well wishes and prayers. See you all in the UK

Flight research up next

Omg! embarassed tb test was booked for sept 1, Greenwich resumes sept 15. Still looking for a way to push the date backwards. Thats like 8 working days b4 sch resumes if i can submit on Wednesday. Is there anything i can do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2014
gbemmiey:

Omg! embarassed tb test was booked for sept 1, Greenwich resumes sept 15. Still looking for a way to push the date backwards. Thats like 8 working days b4 sch resumes if i can submit on Wednesday. Is there anything i can do.

Try and get an earlier date for the test. If ur 28days count ends after the test is done, try and pay on the morning of the 28th day, book ur appointment for that day and submit on that day.

Sept 15 is the first resumption date, so ask the school for extra 2 weeks and submit at abuja. See you in greenwich cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2014
spikesC:

Try and get an earlier date for the test. If ur 28days count ends after the test is done, try and pay on the morning of the 28th day, book ur appointment for that day and submit on that day.

Sept 15 is the first resumption date, so ask the school for extra 2 weeks and submit at abuja. See you in greenwich cool

28 days had been ready since , went for the appointment on 5th bt i was asked to get a tb test done. So na the test dey delay me. Hopefully it wld work out dine insha Allah so see u in greenwich smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:00am On Aug 16, 2014
gbemmiey:

28 days had been ready since , went for the appointment on 5th bt i was asked to get a tb test done. So na the test dey delay me. Hopefully it wld work out dine insha Allah so see u in greenwich smiley

cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2014
Itstyme:
At last! you prevailed. na you dem suppose dey call "surulere". I envy your patience mate. Congratulations and all the best in your endeavours. You have been really helpful here hence..
oga SpikeC finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats na real surulere u be my head for don almost tear smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2014
mhoreh:
oga SpikeC finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats na real surulere u be my head for don almost tear smiley

lol, thanks very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
gbemmiey:

Another thing u can do, if u can afford it, is to go to Abuja and do the test, u get the result d same day and then u apply in abuja. Its faster all the way.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chioti(f): 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
spikesC:

lol at surulere. Did i ever tell you guys i was denied in January cos i applied just 1 week to my course start date.

Thank you all, i really appreciate ur well wishes and prayers. See you all in the UK

Flight research up next

Congrats on getting your visa. Was it expressly stated that you were denied before because you applied late and had you made any financial commitment then(as pa paying tuition fee)? During your interview that first time, were u asked why u were just applying. Sorry for all the story, lol, just a bit worried about my situation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
sashacoleman:

Another thing u can do, if u can afford it, is to go to Abuja and do the test, u get the result d same day and then u apply in abuja. Its faster all the way.

Done that already, got booked for 28 aug. Diff of one working day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
Chioti:

Congrats on getting your visa. Was it expressly stated that you were denied before because you applied late and had you made any financial commitment then(as pa paying tuition fee)? During your interview that first time, were u asked why u were just applying. Sorry for all the story, lol, just a bit worried about my situation.

Yes, they stated it.
Yes, i paid 60% of my tuition then to obtain a cas and no they didn't ask me about it during the interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
@spikesC, congrats grin
I am happy for you
This journey of ours would have had a sour note if your visa was denied...

@everyone else......you will get your good news soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
milychocs: @spikesC, congrats grin
I am happy for you
The journey of ours would have had a sour note if your visa was denied...

@everyone else......you will get your good news soon

Thanks very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kindebo: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2014
Anybody in d house going to edinburgh. Pls sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2014
Justwise, Spikes and others, pls advice accordingly, tier 4 appointment at Ikeja seems to be difficult to get. The earliest I can get is 28th August, while for VI is 19th August, what do I do? My school resumes 15th September. It's urgent plssssssss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
tobee: Justwise, Spikes and others, pls advice accordingly, tier 4 appointment at Ikeja seems to be difficult to get. The earliest I can get is 28th August, while for VI is 19th August, what do I do? My school resumes 15th September. It's urgent plssssssss

Your best bet is Abuja. Or you try Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
spikesC:

Your best bet is Abuja. Or you try Ikeja

When I selected standard appointment, there was space for19th at Ikeja but when I changed it to pbs tier 4 , it changed to 27th for only one person. So I took that one and then applied for Standard appointment for my kids and hubby since theirs is dependant visa. I sincerely pray this is okay because after hearing that you were denied visa because you applied only one week before resumption, I got worried.

Although, I also have 6th October as my latest time for resumption on my CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
tobee:

When I selected standard appointment, there was space for19th at Ikeja but when I changed it to pbs tier 4 , it changed to 27th for only one person. So I took that one and then applied for Standard appointment for my kids and hubby since theirs is dependant visa. I sincerely pray this is okay because after hearing that you were denied visa because you applied only one week before resumption, I got worried.

Although, I also have 6th October as my latest time for resumption on my CAS.

then you have nothing to worry about if you have up to 6th October
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Please help me, my 28 days is over and I have completed my online application, I tried booking appointment at Ikeja ,under visa type I chose PBS tier 4 and the earliest date for that is 28th of august. should I just choose standard appointment instead of PBS tier 4 because the earliest date for standard appointment is 19th August. Please I cant wait till 28th August because my school is resuming soon. Pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
paradisewoods: Please help me, my 28 days is over and I have completed my online application, I tried booking appointment at Ikeja ,under visa type I chose PBS tier 4 and the earliest date for that is 28th of august. should I just choose standard appointment instead of PBS tier 4 because the earliest date for standard appointment is 19th August. Please I cant wait till 28th August because my school is resuming soon. Pls help

You need to have an interview done as a Tier4 applicant. Why do you want to pick Standard Appointment?

When does your school resume and is there latest start date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
paradisewoods: Please help me, my 28 days is over and I have completed my online application, I tried booking appointment at Ikeja ,under visa type I chose PBS tier 4 and the earliest date for that is 28th of august. should I just choose standard appointment instead of PBS tier 4 because the earliest date for standard appointment is 19th August. Please I cant wait till 28th August because my school is resuming soon. Pls help

Nope, you should chose tier4 so they notify ukvi for interview

When is ur school's first and last resumption dates?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
DonOms:

You need to have an interview done as a Tier4 applicant. Why do you want to pick Standard Appointment?

When does your school resume and is there latest start date?

September 15th, no latest start date o.
should I choose VI instead?

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.