Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865236 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
santhu123: Guys I need help. I am an Indian. I had my video interview on 20th august in India. The interview haven't went well as I was pretty nervous and I am not satisfied with my answers as I haven't answered them in the way I prepared. Most of the answers I gave don't make sense at all.

If the ECO is not satisfied with the answers, will I be refused straight away or I will be given another chance through a second interview ?

Any idea how the refusals work ? They call for second interview and then refuse(if unsatisfactory answers given) or they refuse straight away(without calling for second interview) ?

I just pray I should be called for a second interview.

CC : Justwise and other helpful people here.

JUSTWISE come and help o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme: After waiting for over 23 working days I got my visa denied under the basis of not being a genuine student. I did all that was needed to be done but guess I was just unfortunate. I was called for a second interview after having a successful first. During the second interview, the ECO asked me to state all the course modules which out of 12 I mentioned 6. Surprisingly, receiving my package this morning, he denied me based on the fact I was unable to mention all the modules and he made up his mind I am not a genuine student... This is so sad.. Guys! I intend to reapply asap, what do you suggest...

yepa!!!!! do we have to know all our course modules again ni
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 2:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
mhoreh:

yepa!!!!! do we have to know all our course modules again ni

Yeah for safer side. You may not need it on the submission day interview but its mandatory to know on the second interview.

Go start memorising. lol.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
francistayo: I'm at the embassy now to collect I was told its part of the batch dey re expecting today dat I shld com bk 3:30pm today or tomorrow by 10am.ill rather wait nd collect today

Okay let's see how it goes . All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
[quote author=Pweety1][/quote]

i think collection start from 10am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
santhu123: Guys I need help. I am an Indian. I had my video interview on 20th august in India. The interview haven't went well as I was pretty nervous and I am not satisfied with my answers as I haven't answered them in the way I prepared. Most of the answers I gave don't make sense at all.

If the ECO is not satisfied with the answers, will I be refused straight away or I will be given another chance through a second interview ?

Any idea how the refusals work ? They call for second interview and then refuse(if unsatisfactory answers given) or they refuse straight away(without calling for second interview) ?

I just pray I should be called for a second interview.

CC : Justwise and other helpful people here.

In most cases that is the case, they will recall you for another interview but this is not the norm, just hope that your answers to those questions are good enough, there is not much you can do now....keep your fingers crossed and wait.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme: After waiting for over 23 working days I got my visa denied under the basis of not being a genuine student. I did all that was needed to be done but guess I was just unfortunate. I was called for a second interview after having a successful first. During the second interview, the ECO asked me to state all the course modules which out of 12 I mentioned 6. Surprisingly, receiving my package this morning, he denied me based on the fact I was unable to mention all the modules and he made up his mind I am not a genuine student... This is so sad.. Guys! I intend to reapply asap, what do you suggest...

Apart from the course question what other question(s) were you asked and answer given?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
justwise:

Apart from the course question what other question(s) were you asked and answer given?

All previous and normal questions that we all are aware of and he also asked about finances which I gave a detailed response. The bone of contention here is the course modules. That is the only reason why he denied me and he stated it clearly on the refusal letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme:

All previous and normal questions that we all are aware of and he also asked about finances which I gave a detailed response. The bone of contention here is the course modules. That is the only reason why he denied me and he stated it clearly on the refusal letter.

I'm not really getting the whole answer from your reply hence my question...do you mind uploading the refusal letter here? Blank all personal details and upload only the reason for refusal. Will that be an issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
justwise:

In most cases that is the case, they will recall you for another interview but this is not the norm, just hope that your answers to those questions are good enough, there is not much you can do now....keep your fingers crossed and wait.

Thanks for your answer justwise. I am just keeping my fingers crossed and praying that I should get visa as you said. I will keep it posted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olisedinma: 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
What's the easiest way to make payment for d visa application fee? Is it through the banks and can one use internet banking or with debit cards?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
justwise:

I'm not really getting the whole answer from your reply hence my question...do you mind uploading the refusal letter here? Blank all personal details and upload only the reason for refusal. Will that be an issue?

Prolly cos am not in the right frame of mind. I ll just state as it is written.... " I asked u about your course and you stated it had 6major and 12 elective ones. However u were able to name 3 major n 3 elective ones. Your lack of knowledge of your course is not reflective of a genuine student. On the balance of probabilities, I refuse your application under paragraph 245zv(k) of the immigration rules.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme:

I have no time for admin review as classes starts on the 29th Sept. I am honestly depressed and I have no distinct idea on what to really do. Admin review will take long hence am looking at replying. @Justwise, SpikeC, DonOms, please I need your expertise on this.

I am very sorry about the denial.
You literally have no shot with an AR and besides there is no time for it if you want to re-apply.

You were called for a second interview probably because the ECO spotted some "holes" in your application so you ought to have made the best of it. When did you finish your OND and what UK Uni did you get your admission in?

If you can defer your admission and wait till the next admission period (hopefully your school has January admission), then try it. But if not, you can re-apply since you still have 19 working days (depending on when you get your new CAS). Is there a latest course start date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pweety1: 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
koded1999: Passport collection is from 10:00 - 16.00

Hello People,

@koded1999 and Bambamzzzz: I went to the vfs office this morning to check if my application is ready for collection... and guess what... it was and i have been waiting for over 3weeks....

To delight you guys again.... i was given my visa... i didnt get an approval mail or sms. It has been there since 25th of August and no one contacted me after paying for sms.

I am so so happy about this.

@justwise, spikesc, donoms and all other great nairaland pple... una thank you ooooo....

God bless you all, and to people still waiting for approval mail etc... pls try your luck by visiting the vfs office.

peace!

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
Congrat!!!
Pweety1:

Hello People,

@koded1999 and Bambamzzzz: I went to the vfs office this morning to check if my application is ready for collection... and guess what... it was and i have been waiting for over 3weeks....

To delight you guys again.... i was given my visa... i didnt get an approval mail or sms. It has been there since 25th of August and no one contacted me after paying for sms.

@justwise, spikesc, donoms and all other great nairaland pple... una thank you ooooo....

God bless you all, and to people still waiting for approval mail etc... pls try your luck by visiting the vfs office.

peace!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
Pweety1:

Hello People,

peace!

congrats and its good you gave it a try to check it out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Pweety1:

Hello People,

peace!

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
I think the best shot is to reapply, if your course start 29th. Request a new cas from your school and an extension. And during the interview make sure your answer is short and detailed. For example like the question about your course: you could say something like "its a 3 years full time course with modules including programming, database management, e-commerce and artificial intelligence. Avoid long answers and be calm. Hope that helps.

Itstyme:

I have no time for admin review as classes starts on the 29th Sept. I am honestly depressed and I have no distinct idea on what to really do. Admin review will take long hence am looking at replying. @Justwise, SpikeC, DonOms, please I need your expertise on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
hello everyone.

Abeg please what's happening with teleperformance?. Has anyone been there today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme:

Prolly cos am not in the right frame of mind. I ll just state as it is written.... " I asked u about your course and you stated it had 6major and 12 elective ones. However u were able to name 3 major n 3 elective ones. Your lack of knowledge of your course is not reflective of a genuine student. On the balance of probabilities, I refuse your application under paragraph 245zv(k) of the immigration rules.

I understand that...but i'm just going by my gut feeling that visa refusal solely on that one reason is strange. If you met all other requirements, able to speak and understand questions at the interview then not knowing all the modules of your course should be the least of their worries because you haven't started this course.

Maybe you need time to get yourself together and consider what DonOms said in his post.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ibadangirl1: hello everyone.

Abeg please what's happening with teleperformance?. Has anyone been there today.

cc Frankcitayo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ibadangirl1: hello everyone.

I was just about to ask any news on our long wait
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
koded1999: I think the best shot is to reapply, if your course start 29th. Request a new cas from your school and an extension. And during the interview make sure your answer is short and detailed. For example like the question about your course: you could say something like "its a 3 years full time course with modules including programming, database management, e-commerce and artificial intelligence. Avoid long answers and be calm. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your concern and advise. Looking through the best possible means now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
justwise:

I understand that...but i'm just going by my gut feeling that visa refusal solely on that one reason is strange. If you met all other requirements, able to speak and understand questions at the interview then not knowing all the modules of your course should be the least of their worries because you haven't started this course.

Maybe you need time to get yourself together and consider what DonOms said in his post.

Thanks for your words. I am just still shocked but am looking through the best possible situation now. That was the sole reason he gave; at least if there was any other he would have stated it in the refusal letter. Tnx all same. Appreciate your time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
DonOms:

I am very sorry about the denial.
You literally have no shot with an AR and besides there is no time for it if you want to re-apply.

You were called for a second interview probably because the ECO spotted some "holes" in your application so you ought to have made the best of it. When did you finish your OND and what UK Uni did you get your admission in?

If you can defer your admission and wait till the next admission period (hopefully your school has January admission), then try it. But if not, you can re-apply since you still have 19 working days (depending on when you get your new CAS). Is there a latest course start date?

Finished 9years ago and have been working ever since up till date. Submitted all employment history letters and certificate to support my claim.
Got admission with Brunel Uni.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 5:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hey guys, please i need your input. i booked my tb test for 8th and my visa appointment for 10th. The issue is that my 28th day falls on d 8th and since i stay outside lagos, i intend going to lagos on the 7th. my dad is suggesting that the bank sends me the bank statement via email and then ild print it out. is that going to be accepted?
Also he wants me to use two bank statements. one has the 5million + , untouched (ie no transaction has been carried out in d acc since i put in d money). The oda one he says is to show them how his money is coming in and going out though there is little or no money in it. is the second acc statement really neccessary?
Lastly, how much does the tb test cost and what is the mode of payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
paradisewoods:

Please whats sheffield's contact. I will like to mail them too. My application has been spending months at TeleImperformance jatijati

Hi, I had the same problem that you had, when I wrote to them and even called their paid for service, I was told that they could not find records of my application. Eventually they sent me a mail telling me that they misplaced my documents and that I should go and get a new passport and that I will be compensated, this was after almost two months. If not for God Almighty, I don't know what would have happened. They eventually found the misplaced documents. Apparently the courier company that teleperformance uses lost on of their bag, teleperformance did not flag it and Sheffield had no record of it becos it never got there.
You need to go there and harass them, you have to keep writing to them, call them, have your school call them. Make noise o. I had to escalated their matter to the UK High Commission before they discovered that there was a missing bag. Don't relax o and pray. Pray and pray. Best of Luck. God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme:

Finished 9years ago and have been working ever since up till date. Submitted all employment history letters and certificate to support my claim.

Awwww, my almost school...

Reapply from either Ikeja or Abuja, becos theyre faster. During the interview, make sure you explain that you are indeed a genuine student, you need to be very confident.

If you want to reapply, I suggest you do it quick, try and get an extension from your school and don't forget to commit it into God's hands.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Really, I graduated from Brunel uni 2011, computer science. Brunel have a dedicated immigration adviser. Send them a mail and your refusal letter, sure they will advice you on what to do next. All the best

Itstyme:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
sashacoleman:

Awwww, my almost school...

Reapply from either Ikeja or Abuja, becos theyre faster. During the interview, make sure you explain that you are indeed a genuine student, you need to be very confident.

If you want to reapply, I suggest you do it quick, try and get an extension from your school and don't forget to commit it into God's hands.

Thanks. Had contacted the international officer and he advised an admin review is the best option. Fingers crossed...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
koded1999: Really, I graduated from Brunel uni 2011, computer science. Brunel have a dedicated immigration adviser. Send them a mail and your refusal letter, sure they will advice you on what to do next. All the best

Had done that and he is taking it up. Thanks for your concern.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Good day everyone,

I just got my VISA today... grin

I submitted on the 14th of august at ikeja...

I used the following documents;

1. CAS
2. Waec cert
3. Degree
4. Tb cert
5. Letter of sponsorship
6. Bank statement (fixed deposit cert)

Yes I used a fixed account. My agent UKEAS told me I could despite what people said. I was sceptical at first then I decided to do a little research.

I have said it earlier in this forum that fixed account is a cash fund and not a bond. This is becos unlike bonds, u can terminate it at anytime.

I went online and checked/read all the rules of UK visa permits and I found out that fixed account is actually allowed on the condition that u get a recommendation letter from the bank stating that you can terminate it at any time.

Bank mostly will not give u this be cos most fixed account investment certificate already states this and also when they are called to confirm your account, they will inform the embassy. Besides, the embassy already knows that u can terminate it at anytime.

The reason for saying this is to enlighten people. If u have a doubt about something or u are not clear one something, go online and check it. Don't rely on people words alone..

Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.