Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865260 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akinke: 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
Please, what's the final state of this yellow card/vaccine speculated requirements, I am travelling to uk next week, I havent done such ooo.

Help am i free, it is nt a requirement of my school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
If the money has been in your mom's account for 28 days, then u have time, apply in Abuja, and u'll get your passport back in time for school. Extra expenses, but you don't hve a lot of time left.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
akinke: Please, what's the final state of this yellow card/vaccine speculated requirements, I am travelling to uk next week, I havent done such ooo.

Which one is yellow card/vaccine?
Have you got your visa already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Miada: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
anonymous26: submitted on the 27th and got an email today saying my application had been approved and my visa has been issued and should be in the VFS for pick up in 2 days cheesy so 6 working days! thank God!

Congratulations did u apply in ikeja or abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
Miada:

Congratulations did u apply in ikeja or abuja?

thank you smiley Ikeja o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
akinke: Please, what's the final state of this yellow card/vaccine speculated requirements, I am travelling to uk next week, I havent done such ooo.

It's not requirement for tier4. Have a safe trip.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
spikesC:

The money in your mom's account, has it been up to a consecutive 28days?

Yes it is, but am worried abt d time lapse considering latest arrival date is oct 1st. I dnt want any chances of refusal again. Disturbed ryt nw
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
BossLadyCEO:

Yes it is, but am worried abt d time lapse considering latest arrival date is oct 1st. I dnt want any chances of refusal again. Disturbed ryt nw

You don't have anything to worry about. Call your school very early tomorrow morning and try as much as possible for them to send your CAS same day or latest, Friday. It is all possible.

Make ur application this weekend and remember to select Abuja. If possible, you can get appointment date early next week and that will give you 3 weeks for processing which btw, Abuja processes within 2 weeks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 11:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
spikesC:

You don't have anything to worry about. Call your school very early tomorrow morning and try as much as possible for them to send your CAS same day or latest, Friday. It is all possible.

Make ur application this weekend and remember to select Abuja. If possible, you can get appointment date early next week and that will give you 3 weeks for processing which btw, Abuja processes within 2 weeks

Ok I will jst do dt 2moro. Thx 4 d advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dt03(m): 6:25am On Sep 04, 2014
I applied for a certain school in UK last year and my application was granted, I was asked to pay a certain amount before my CAS will be issued to me but I had some financial difficulty which made me not to meet up.... now I am ready to go.... Then I was told to pay 2500 pounds but I want to know if this deposit can be negotiated cos I have a lot of thing to do with money at the moment. I am thinking of asking for 1500 pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:31am On Sep 04, 2014
Dt03: I applied for a certain school in UK last year and my application was granted, I was asked to pay a certain amount before my CAS will be issued to me but I had some financial difficulty which made me not to meet up.... now I am ready to go.... Then I was told to pay 2500 pounds but I want to know if this deposit can be negotiated cos I have a lot of thing to do with money at the moment. I am thinking of asking for 1500 pounds

That deposit is part of your school fees, so if you can't afford it how then can you afford the whole fees and maintenance money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:33am On Sep 04, 2014
My 28th day is today,also paid my tuition gotten my tb certificate. I just don't know why I'm scared of going to the UK now.

Did anyone have cold feet before the msc? The challenge ahead of me seems daunting! No plagiarism? We virtually copied and pasted our assignments in Nigeria.

No family? No old friend? No Nigerian food? Racism? Infact I barely slept last night. Think I had a panic attack!

Justwise, did you have any of these feelings before leaving for the uk?

SpikeC how are you coping?

I am scared

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: My 28th day is today,also paid my tuition gotten my tb certificate. I just don't know why I'm scared of going to the UK now.

Did anyone have cold feet before the msc? The challenge ahead of me seems daunting! No plagiarism? We virtually copied and pasted our assignments in Nigeria.

No family? No old friend? No Nigerian food? Racism? Infact I barely slept last night. Think I had a panic attack!

I am scared

Oh well...to start with..which City in the UK are you going?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:47am On Sep 04, 2014
justwise:

Oh well...to start with..which City in the UK are you going?

Milton Keynes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 6:48am On Sep 04, 2014
paradisewoods:

Have you tried going there?
Yes I have I will still try today..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:16am On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd: My 28th day is today,also paid my tuition gotten my tb certificate. I just don't know why I'm scared of going to the UK now.

I am scared

GeneralShepherd:
Milton Keynes

MK is a nice city and I'm sure that you will definitely see Nigerian shop or restaurant in the city. You can as well travel just 20mins to Luton where you can buy or eat any Nigerian food you want.

Plagiarism is a serious issue in the UK, there is no excuse for committing such an academic offence, almost all the schools uses Turnitin now to check against plagiarism but that shouldn't worry you because referring and citing your work gives it a lot of credit.

You will meet a lot of Nigerians in your school and Nigerian churches, so it's more like home away from home.

The two biggest problem for any Nigerian coming to the UK to study are: Money and life after graduation, lack of plan about those two will send you into chronic depression which will make your study life in the UK a living hell. If you prepared very well before coming then you got nothing to worry about, you will enjoy every moment of your stay here.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:26am On Sep 04, 2014
justwise:

MK is a nice city and I'm sure that you will definitely see Nigerian shop or restaurant in the city. You can as well travel just 20mins to Luton where you can buy or eat any Nigerian food you want.

Plagiarism is a serious issue in the UK, there is no excuse for committing such an academic offence, almost all the schools uses Turnitin now to check against plagiarism but that shouldn't worry you because referring and citing your work gives it a lot of credit.

You will meet a lot of Nigerians in your school and Nigerian churches, so it's more like home away from home.

The two biggest problem for any Nigerian coming to the UK to study are: Money and life after graduation, lack of plan about those two will send you into chronic depression which will make your study life in the UK a living hell. If you prepared very well before coming then you got nothing to worry about, you will enjoy every moment of your stay here.

Money is covered very well.

Life after graduation, this is the plan I have. To basically start applying once I get to the Uk with my degree in view to all the countries in the world. Attend mock interviews and assessment centres organised by the school.

And most importantly be good at the subsea engineering that I am going to study. Does that suffice as a good plan?

I will really appreciate any piece of advice you have to offer with regards to life after graduation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Utonne: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2014
Dt03: I applied for a certain school in UK last year and my application was granted, I was asked to pay a certain amount before my CAS will be issued to me but I had some financial difficulty which made me not to meet up.... now I am ready to go.... Then I was told to pay 2500 pounds but I want to know if this deposit can be negotiated cos I have a lot of thing to do with money at the moment. I am thinking of asking for 1500 pounds

Hi! My email is inactive. Saw u sent me a mail. Could u drop ur email n il get back to u

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 8:11am On Sep 04, 2014
It was my 15th working day yesterday. I guess the real waiting has just started. But all is well. I'm very hopeful I'll get it by the end of this week. Can I hear someone help me with an Amen?

Lol. Teleperformance got me doing this.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:14am On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Money is covered very well.

Life after graduation, this is the plan I have. To basically start applying once I get to the Uk with my degree in view to all the countries in the world. Attend mock interviews and assessment centres organised by the school.

And most importantly be good at the subsea engineering that I am going to study. Does that suffice as a good plan?

I will really appreciate any piece of advice you have to offer with regards to life after graduation

Do you have plan B? I mean if the job front failed what is your next plan? Are you working now in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 8:27am On Sep 04, 2014
I got my visa today. smileyThanks to all Nairalanders who helped me with my doubts and special thanks to justwise for just in time helps. cool

You guys are doing a great job here. This is the most helpful forum available online.

Cheers to everyone and good luck to all who are waiting for their visa.

Help me thank god smiley

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 8:38am On Sep 04, 2014
pholareen1: It was my 15th working day yesterday. I guess the real waiting has just started. But all is well. I'm very hopeful I'll get it by the end of this week. Can I hear someone help me with an Amen?

Aaaaammmmmeeeeeennnnnn smiley

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2014
santhu123: I got my visa today. smileyThanks to all Nairalanders who helped me with my doubts and special thanks to justwise for just in time helps. cool

You guys are doing a great job here. This is the most helpful forum available online.

Cheers to everyone and good luck to all who are waiting for their visa.

Help me thank god smiley

Really happy for you, congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2014
justwise:

Do you have plan B? I mean if the job front failed what is your next plan? Are you working now in Nigeria?

I'm working in Nigeria, put in my 30 days as my office doesn’t grant study leaves.

Plan B come back and start a farm. Quite frankly

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2014
Lol try checking for your status here, no harm in trying, checked mine was told i submitted recently so no update yet 8th working day.
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

pholareen1: It was my 15th working day yesterday. I guess the real waiting has just started. But all is well. I'm very hopeful I'll get it by the end of this week. Can I hear someone help me with an Amen?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 8:55am On Sep 04, 2014
gbemmiey:
Lol try checking for your status here, no harm in trying, checked mine was told i submitted recently so no update yet 8th working day.
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

Alright. Although I did once and received the "not accessed yet by the eco" mail. Maybe trying another today will give more insight to what's happening to my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 8:59am On Sep 04, 2014
kemkem30:
Aaaaammmmmeeeeeennnnnn smiley

smiley thanks ma'am.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2014
Please help, I plan to apply and pay for visa tomorrow. My money has stayed well over 28days.
Those that have received visa, pls when did you print the bank statement? Was it before or after u made your online payment for visa? I plan to print the statement today and apply'n'pay for the visa tomorrow (na fear dey catch me for exchange rates oh, dunno if my balance will still be enough if I print statement after the deducted visa fee). Is this okay? Has anyone received visa doing this?
Secondly, which date do I print the Oanda conversion? Is it the day I print out the statement or d day I apply online for visa?
Abeg help o better pple!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

I'm working in Nigeria, put in my 30 days as my office doesn’t grant study leaves.

Plan B come back and start a farm. Quite frankly

I sincerely hope that your plan A works out, its possible but not guaranteed, with financial back up you will always bounce back whatever happens. Work on your plan A but don't invest all your time and money on it. When you get here and see how things are you can always change your plan.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:46am On Sep 04, 2014
justwise:

I sincerely hope that your plan A works out, its possible but not guaranteed, with financial back up you will always bounce back whatever happens. Work on your plan A but don't invest all your time and money on it. When you get here and see how things are you can always change your plan.

Thanks a lot bro. I know nothing is guaranteed. With hard work, determination and a teeny weeny bit of luck, anything is possible.

At least I choose a reputable school or so they tell me.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by alizenbohr: 10:35am On Sep 04, 2014
Hello Justwise et al,

Please, it is possible to change my visa interview appointment date on the eve of the appointment to a later date, and is there a penalty for doing that?

This is because I'm yet to receive my ATAS and I want to set a probable date for interview when it must have been ready.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 11:20am On Sep 04, 2014
justwise:

Really happy for you, congratulations!

Thanks mate. Good luck to all Nairalanders from India.

Cheers

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.