Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,270 members, 7,867,715 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:14 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (869416 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 11:15am On Sep 10, 2014
Bambamzzzz: Live in Uk now,Thanks to all my oga's in the house
Congrats, enjoy your new environment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KingRuckus: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2014
Pls I have an issue, I got my naija passport in 2010 ( & I have travelled twice with it). It is due to expire in JUNe 2015. I would apply for a tier 4 visa in October because my course starts jan. 2015 & ends JuN 2016. I hope my passport expiry date won't affect my visa or should I just get another one before I apply ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by e1986(m): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2014
kingsilly:

When and where did u submit

I submitted in Ikeja on the 2nd of September 2014.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2014
Whew...got my mail today just now
Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

..submitted @ ikeja sept 4....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 11:38am On Sep 10, 2014
kingsilly: Whew...got my mail today just now
Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

Lol ikeja people. Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
kingsilly: Whew...got my mail today just now

Congrats hommie! Where my Hennessey? undecided

Ikeja folks just dey shine anyhow, fantastic smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xkobans: 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
So i just used the Teleperformance online tracking website and I see the status changed from transferred to ukvi for a decision to this,

"Your application was recieved by UK Visas & Immigration for a decision on 20/08/2014"

I don't understand what they expect me to do with this information, like seriously, I already know a decision has been made and your just updating that it was received!? Are these guys this insensitive and mismanaged? It's pitiable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
xkobans: So i just used the Teleperformance online tracking website and I see the status changed from transferred to ukvi for a decision to this,

"Your application was recieved by UK Visas & Immigration for a decision on 20/08/2014"

I don't understand what they expect me to do with this information, like seriously, I already know a decision has been made and your just updating that it was received!? Are these guys this insensitive and mismanaged? It's pitiable.

Mine changed to that this morning too. We already know their service is rubbish, *shrugs*
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
xkobans: So i just used the Teleperformance online tracking website and I see the status changed from transferred to ukvi for a decision to this,

Just a tiny bit more patience Stag wink It's almost done, at least you already know a decision has been made. Don't let the irredeemable incompetence of teleperformance affect your joy even in the slightest way.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
Honestly, I don't know what to do with this useless Teleperformance. My school resumes 15th and here I am waiting for passport. This is really frustrating sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dortmund01: 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
paradisewoods:

Forget Teleperformance, their management is so haphazard, they dont even update their online tracking system. I was there yesterday and I met a girl crying that she has submitted her application since July and she was told yesterday by an insensitive staff that her application isn't ready. I used the word insensitive because the guy was smiling. There were alot people there that were disappointed. A handsome young man was lamenting that he missed a scholarship because till now his visa isn't ready. As for me, my visa wasnt ready too despite UKvi told me it has been processed since, but i wasnt really worried because when I heard the complaint of others, in comparison to their quagmire, I had to mellow.
@paradisewoods, when did u have your interview at teleperformance?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
tobee: Honestly, I don't know what to do with this useless Teleperformance. My school resumes 15th and here I am waiting for passport. This is really frustrating sad

When did u submit let me help u calculate it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
countsparrow:

Questions 81 and 82, I should have left it blank since I am d one taking care of my expenses but I stupidly kept is name...
Will a note in reference to dat be okay

Errrm sorry, but i can't remember tier 4 visa questions been numbered. Can you pls copy and post the exact questions been asked.

Also, i still don't understand how your "cousin" got involved in your tier-4 visa application.
Did you guys try to get him to sponsor you initially?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Congrats hommie! Where my Hennessey? undecided

Ikeja folks just dey shine anyhow, fantastic smiley

Tanks a lot hudsonbanks u don try..saving me from teleperformance..really appreciate bro... wink

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nageo(m): 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
Applied on 2nd sept at vfs abuja, no mail from yet..

Just tracked my application and saw this message

" Processed passport is in Transit to the UK Visa Operation Center"

Where do I stand please.. cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xkobans: 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Just a tiny bit more patience Stag wink It's almost done, at least you already know a decision has been made. Don't let the irredeemable incompetence of teleperformance affect your joy even in the slightest way.

I feel u bro, buh mehnnnn I'm getting impatient
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Any Cranfield University students in the house?!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello everyone..Thanks for all your responses so far. If I had to pay for everyone of them i'll be broke by now

My interview is tomorrow and i've been preparing for it with the questions i've been seeing here. The questions are thankfully similar

BUT what wasn't stated was the duration of the response. Please for those that have been granted visa how long should the average response be? Seconds? Minutes?

I already know my answer should be short and precise, but please what is too short?

Finally, what should my reply be to this question if it's asked:
What are your plans after study? Will you return home or remain in the UK?

I have plans for a masters degree after Undergraduate studies, so how should I answer this?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Godbless everyone of u richly! im through with my interview! you guys rock. my wait begins
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
IntroVAT: Hello everyone..Thanks for all your responses so far. If I had to pay for everyone of them i'll be broke by now

My interview is tomorrow and i've been preparing for it with the questions i've been seeing here. The questions are thankfully similar

BUT what wasn't stated was the duration of the response. Please for those that have been granted visa how long should the average response be? Seconds? Minutes?

I already know my answer should be short and precise, but please what is too short?

I have plans for a masters degree after Undergraduate studies, so how should I answer this?

Thanks

These are the questions i was asked:
name, dob and nationality

course and uni name

why study the course and why study in d chosen uni

why study in uk

did u understand all d questions asked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
KingRuckus: Pls I have an issue, I got my naija passport in 2010 ( & I have travelled twice with it). It is due to expire in JUNe 2015. I would apply for a tier 4 visa in October because my course starts jan. 2015 & ends JuN 2016. I hope my passport expiry date won't affect my visa or should I just get another one before I apply ??

I think your passport has to be valid for 6 months before your application, so if you apply in around November, you should be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
IntroVAT: Hello everyone..Thanks for all your responses so far. If I had to pay for everyone of them i'll be broke by now

Thanks

Nothing is too short as far as your reply answers the question asked.
They won't ask you plainly if you would return home or remain in the UK. They would just ask about your plans after studies.
Just tell them you wish to come back and establish a startup/business
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by charlycharly: 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
gbemmiey: Submitted on 25th of aug. Send a mail to ukvi yesterday got this response:
We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked your visa application status and found
that the application has been processed and a decision was made on 02/Sep
and it should be with you in the next few days.

This is abt 5 working days. Dont know if it would be at teleperformance but i am going to check today. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck

Please drop the emails address you used.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
royal34:

These are the questions i was asked:
name, dob and nationality

course and uni name

why study the course and why study in d chosen uni

why study in uk

did u understand all d questions asked

Thanks how long did the interview last?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
spikesC:

Nothing is too short as far as your reply answers the question asked.
They won't ask you plainly if you would return home or remain in the UK. They would just ask about your plans after studies.
Just tell them you wish to come back and establish a startup/business

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by e1986(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
IntroVAT:

Thanks how long did the interview last?

About 10 mins
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/
Follow instruction on the website

charlycharly:

Please drop the emails address you used.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
dortmund01:
@paradisewoods, when did u have your interview at teleperformance?

19th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
So i went with my "faith" to teleperformance, not yet received. They were even saying decision was made on mine faster than others. Neways would wait for the 15days undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
gbemmiey: So i went with my "faith" to teleperformance, not yet received. They were even saying decision was made on mine faster than others. Neways would wait for the 15days undecided

Sowi dear..U'll be fine
Wen is ur skol resuming??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
kingsilly:

Sowi dear..U'll be fine
Wen is ur skol resuming??
15th although week one would be orientation and registration ends 6th of October
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koks2000: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=KingRuckus]Pls I have an issue, I got my naija passport in 2010 ( & I have travelled twice with it). It is due to expire in JUNe 2015. I would apply for a tier 4 visa in October because my course starts jan. 2015 & ends JuN 2016. I hope my passport expiry date won't affect my visa or should I just get another

I think it would affect

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.