Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,571 members, 7,850,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868063 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
justwise:

You don't need to state that, as long as you have lived in the UK for more than 6months then the rule automatically set in since you are the sponsor.

If the name is still readable as you said then they will be ok with it.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
tmosco:
Thanks everyone, I just got my approved visa today. Keep up d good work.

When is your course start date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
ironbender101:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tmosco(m): 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
ironbender101:

Feb 2
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hi @justwise, @spikeC and other ogas in the house,
Pls help me with the following questions:
i) Which oanda printout do I take to my appointment? the one from the date i obtained my bank statement or the one printed on my appointment date?
ii)Still on oanda printout, am i to do the conversion on oanda site and use the conversion result or print the GBP1 to NGN and use that to calculate the conversion rate and write the equivalent GBP amount on my bank statement?
iii) Finally, if for example, the minimum required amount is N10, and i have held N20 in my account for 28days but the closing balance on my statement is N30 (which has not been upto 28days), which of the amounts should I convert in oanda?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Amdan:
Hi @justwise, @spikeC and other ogas in the house,
Pls help me with the following questions:
i) Which oanda printout do I take to my appointment? the one from the date i obtained my bank statement or the one printed on my appointment date?
ii)Still on oanda printout, am i to do the conversion on oanda site and use the conversion result or print the GBP1 to NGN and use that to calculate the conversion rate and write the equivalent GBP amount on my bank statement?
iii) Finally, if for example, the minimum required amount is N10, and i have held N20 in my account for 28days but the closing balance on my statement is N30 (which has not been upto 28days), which of the amounts should I convert in oanda?

1. The one of the date you paid for your visa fees. If it doesn't favour you, take the one of the date you deposited the amount in your bank.

2. Anyone, but the first is more logical

3. 20 Naira
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 7:03am On Dec 17, 2014
spikesC:

Haaa, I see why you're worried.

Yea! Seriously it's not funny at all...... I'm just wondering why this long delay. I know peeps that applied latter than I and they have all gotten their approval mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 7:27am On Dec 17, 2014
Hello house will the embassy verify oFficial sponsor someone use for his application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2014
olatejucole:
Hello house will the embassy verify oFficial sponsor someone use for his application

Why are you worried about that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 8:05am On Dec 17, 2014
@justwise

Hi,

Does the address I supplied on the online form have to same with the ones on my marriage affidavit, bank statement and other documents?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 8:28am On Dec 17, 2014
tmosco:
Thanks everyone, I just got my approved visa today. Keep up d good work.
when did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:29am On Dec 17, 2014
Amdan:
@justwise

Hi,

Does the address I supplied on the online form have to same with the ones on my marriage affidavit, bank statement and other documents?

I really don't know but why the differences in your addresses?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 8:29am On Dec 17, 2014
Justwise thanks for your contribution I applied since december 1 I have not heard anything from them and secondly I filled tier 4 general student instead of tier 4 general sponsored form hope there is no problem
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2014
Amdan:
@justwise

Hi,

The section you fill address has the next question below,how long have you lived in this address?you should try to fill the year that best suits the situation,there is no problem
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2014
I got my approval e-mail yesterday. I applied 4th of DEC. good luck wishes to all still waiting and be positive.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2014
ironbender101:

I bought since October...... that's ma major conern. I guess I would just shift it........

Hahahaha....now I also know why u are worried. Business + Academics...lol

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2014
House what's the tier-4 student visa application fees currently?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2014
axtwwppw:
I got my approval e-mail yesterday. I applied 4th of DEC. good luck wishes to all still waiting and be positive.

Congratssss!!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 9:50am On Dec 17, 2014
axtwwppw:

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2014
Hello gurus in the house, I throway hailings.

I intend using my Zenith bank debit MasterCard for my visa application payment in the coming days. Is there anyone who has used this card for visa payments before and what are the charges...?

BTW, I got a securecode with it.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2014
kathy007:

Thank you. So apart from applying and praying that i get a positive reply soon, there's nothing else i can do?

Yeah there is something you can still do!....Call or write your school and inform them of the situation as per the late visa application and let them know that you will be coming after the 26th, pending on when your visa will be approved since visa procession sometimes can take up to 15 working days or more. Ask your school if it is acceptable for you to do online course registration because some schools are capable of providing international students with online course registration Form which you can fill online and submit via email provided you are eligible for course registration (as per u don pay ur tuition and registration fees)....this can help!
Wish you all the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2014
portelli:
House what's the tier-4 student visa application fees currently?

530 USDollars
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
DrSkofid:

Yeah there is something you can still do!....Call or write your school and inform them of the situation as per the late visa application and let them know that you will be coming after the 26th, pending on when your visa will be approved since visa procession sometimes can take up to 15 working days or more. Ask your school if it is acceptable for you to do online course registration because some schools are capable of providing international students with online course registration Form which you can fill online and submit via email provided you are eligible for course registration (as per u don pay ur tuition and registration fees)....this can help!
Wish you all the best!

Her school starts before that 26th. 26th is the extra time and latest date for resumption
Final registration cannot be done online. The candidate must be present as they take your picture, scan your original documents and issue your school ID card immediately
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by 4mula22(m): 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
I just finished my visa interview @ TP Abuja.

I really don't know why the interviewer (a guy) asked me close to a billion questions!

Anybody with similar experience?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
olukenzo:
Hello gurus in the house, I throway hailings.

I intend using my Zenith bank debit MasterCard for my visa application payment in the coming days. Is there anyone who has used this card for visa payments before and what are the charges...?

BTW, I got a securecode with it.

Thanks.

justwise, pato231, spikesC, some help please?

How is authentication done?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
justwise:

I really don't know but why the differences in your address?

The thing is, when I first applied for visa in Nigeria, I was sponsored thru scholarship so there was no need for my bank statement so I supplied my Nigeria home address.
When I applied for my BRP in UK, there was no need for me to put my Nigeria home address or my Nigeria bank statement (I used uk bank statement).
But now, I am applying for my family and am stated we live together and the addresses on my first visa application, this current online form and marriage affidavit are all same.
However, upon printing my Nigeria bank statement, I noticed the address on the statement was wrong (having variations even from the proof of address I have them).
Also, I am yet to submit my online application.
Should I change the online application form address to reflect what's on the bank statement or leave everything as is?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
spikesC:

Her school starts before that 26th. 26th is the extra time and latest date for resumption
Final registration cannot be done online. The candidate must be present as they take your picture, scan your original documents and issue your school ID card immediately

Yeah u have a point there but not all school does that!...u will be surprised if he/she calls the school to explain his/her situation, they can give alternative or better advice. u never know till u try!....Its better than doing nothing/to wait for his/her visa approval.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
4mula22:

I really don't know why the interviewer (a guy) asked me close to a billion questions!

Please share your interview questions here for the benefit of those that are yet to go for their interview. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
4mula22:

Assuming you were asked few questions...i guess u'll still be worried!...lol.
All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by 4mula22(m): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
DrSkofid:

Please share your interview questions here for the benefit of those that are yet to go for their interview. Thanks.

Name?
Date of birth?
Nationality?
School?
Course?
Why study the course?
How will u benefit from the study?
Why the UK?
Have you paid your fees?
When?
When did you apply?
How did u apply?
When did you receive your offer?
When did you obtain your CAS?
Your course start date?
Your course end date?
Duration of course?
How did you find out about your school?
Where do you intend to stay in the UK?
How do you intend to commute yourself to class daily?
How much have you set aside for that (transportation ooo!!!)
How much do you have in total?
Your plans after school?
Did you understand all the questions asked?

More questions are still ringing in my head!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by 4mula22(m): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
@ justwise and spikesc

I forgot to pay for courier service at the VAC.
Can I pay online? Has anyone done it before?
Or do I have to come back to Abj when it's ready for collection?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
@ justwise spikeC and others

I deposited the required funds in my acct on 19 nov 2014, can I submit my application today or wait till tmrw?

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (503)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.