Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (869185 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
mrmaze:

lectures start Feb 2

But when is the school's latest start date. They usually give 2 weeks extra
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrmaze(m): 5:03am On Jan 22, 2015
just got my cas.lastest start date is 29.i wan to apply today.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 22, 2015
spikesC:

Etihad 2 stops? Na two days journey you want waka ooo grin

shocked lipsrsealed Etihad

The Iberia/BA arrangement nko? There is usually a duration on each flight listing, I think MMA to first stop time is most probably ng time, but I am not sure if the rest are ng time(s). Total flight time is around 14 hours 45 minutes..

The all BA flights with one stop have flight times ranging from 9 hours to 17 hours.

Also, I am looking to buy a travel SIM from wakanow. I want to be available at every stop, so that Mum olukenzo gets some sleep. Are there alternatives?

Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by walexy5050(m): 10:46am On Jan 22, 2015
Hello
Anyone going to Manchester through Air France on Sunday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobaseye: 11:06am On Jan 22, 2015
@ walexy. Am going to manchester on sunday but am yet to book for flight. How much does air france cost and is it a return flight?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by walexy5050(m): 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
tobaseye:
@ walexy. Am going to manchester on sunday but am yet to book for flight. How much does air france cost and is it a return flight?
It is a return ticket but was booked by my sponsor (Ptdf). So don't know the price
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayorp99: 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hi guys...anyone coming to coventry uni this January...pls get at me asap...I benefited from this thread months ago...and am willing to assist people settle in well in coventry!..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kathy007(f): 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hi guys. I just got a mail now that a decision has been made on my application. Is it possible that it gets to ikeja tomorrow? As i intend to collect it tomorrow and travel on saturday. Late resumption in Coventry is on monday 26th. Someone please reply asap! Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
mrmaze:
just got my cas.lastest start date is 29.i wan to apply today.thanks

29 February? Then yeah, you have enough time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
kathy007:
Hi guys. I just got a mail now that a decision has been made on my application. Is it possible that it gets to ikeja tomorrow? As i intend to collect it tomorrow and travel on saturday. Late resumption in Coventry is on monday 26th. Someone please reply asap! Thanks.

Very very unlikely, but you can only try
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
olukenzo:

shocked lipsrsealed Etihad

The Iberia/BA arrangement nko? There is usually a duration on each flight listing, I think MMA to first stop time is most probably ng time, but I am not sure if the rest are ng time(s). Total flight time is around 14 hours 45 minutes..

The all BA flights with one stop have flight times ranging from 9 hours to 17 hours.

Also, I am looking to buy a travel SIM from wakanow. I want to be available at every stop, so that Mum olukenzo gets some sleep. Are there alternatives?

Thanks

I don't know your preference but the time for that one is still OK. You can also search on wakanow.

Travel sim? I don't see any use of it but then, it's still quite ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
spikesC:

I don't know your preference but the time for that one is still OK. You can also search on wakanow.

Travel sim? I don't see any use of it but then, it's still quite ok

Flights are more expensive on wakanow. Regardless, I think what they have there is not different from what I'm seeing on the individual airline sites. The etihad flight is actually from wakanow.

Thanks,

royalsweetness would've been my adviser on this if not that shes AWOL.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chet2000: 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
@justwise and co, please kindly advice me on what to do. I finished my MSc in September 2014 with a distinction and started a PhD in December 2014 on my old visa which is valid till January 30 2014. I was in the UK with my daughter and my husband even though he had a dependant visa was not able to join us due to extended family issues and illness. I took an authorised absence from my school and returned to Nigeria on Jan 7 and applied on Jan 9. However I picked up my passport today and was shocked to see that we were refused visa under paragraph 245ZV of the immigration rules.This is the statement:

You applied for your Tier 4 visa on 09/01/15. Your studies are due to commence on 01/12/14. You have claimed 30 points based on your CAS but as the final date has now passed I am not satisfied you will be entitled to commence studies or be granted entry to the UK for that purpose. I have awarded you zero points as a consequence. You therefore do not meet the mandatory requirements to be granted entry clearance as a Tier 4 student and I refuse your application under paragraph 245 ZV of the Immigration rules.

I applied for this visa and when asked if I had started the course, I said yes. I do not know what to do. Please my pple, how long does an administrative review take. I have already overstayed my authorised absence and need to get back to school ASAP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
chet2000:

I have already overstayed my authorised absence and need to get back to school ASAP.

The first thing that you must do is contact (E-mail or phone) your school and tell them exactly what has happened.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
chet2000:
@justwise and co, please kindly advice me on what to do. I finished my MSc in September 2014 with a distinction and started a PhD in December 2014 on my old visa which is valid till January 30 2014. I was in the UK with my daughter and my husband even though he had a dependant visa was not able to join us due to extended family issues and illness. I took an authorised absence from my school and returned to Nigeria on Jan 7 and applied on Jan 9. However I picked up my passport today and was shocked to see that we were refused visa under paragraph 245ZV of the immigration rules.This is the statement:

You applied for your Tier 4 visa on 09/01/15. Your studies are due to commence on 01/12/14. You have claimed 30 points based on your CAS but as the final date has now passed I am not satisfied you will be entitled to commence studies or be granted entry to the UK for that purpose. I have awarded you zero points as a consequence. You therefore do not meet the mandatory requirements to be granted entry clearance as a Tier 4 student and I refuse your application under paragraph 245 ZV of the Immigration rules.

I applied for this visa and when asked if I had started the course, I said yes. I do not know what to do. Please my pple, how long does an administrative review take. I have already overstayed my authorised absence and need to get back to school ASAP.

How long have you missed from your studies now? From the time you left the UK and when you sent in the application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chet2000: 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
justwise:

How long have you missed from your studies now? From the time you left the UK and when you sent in the application.

Two weeks yesterday. My school contacted me yesterday telling me that I am entitled to 8 weeks authorised absence per year for my PhD and told me I can extend the two weeks I initially applied for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chet2000: 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
justwise:

Two weeks yesterday. My school contacted me today telling me that I am entitled to 8 weeks authorised absence per year for my PhD and told me I can extend the two weeks I initially applied for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2015
chet2000:

Two weeks yesterday. My school contacted me yesterday telling me that I am entitled to 8 weeks authorised absence per year for my PhD and told me I can extend the two weeks I initially applied for.

You need to include that letter from your school when reapplying and use the blank space in the form to address EOC's point. The letter from your school is important.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chet2000: 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2015
worry359:

The first thing that you must do is contact (E-mail or phone) your school and tell them exactly what has happened.

Thank you. I have contacted them by e-mail but am waiting for a response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chet2000: 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
justwise:

You need to include that letter from your school when reapplying and use the blank space in the form to address EOC's point. The letter from your school is important.

Thank you @justwise. But do I need to re apply or file an administrative review
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
chet2000:

Thank you @justwise. But do I need to re apply or file an administrative review

Reapplying maybe quicker, you can go for AR if you got time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chet2000: 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
justwise:

Reapplying maybe quicker, you can go for AR if you got time.

@Justwise. Thanks very much. You are truly an inspiration to everyone on this blog. God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
chet2000:

@Justwise. Thanks very much. You are truly an inspiration to everyone on this blog. God bless you

No worries, reapply and address the refusal point, a different ECO will handle your case, I'm positive that you will get it this time.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
olukenzo:

Flights are more expensive on wakanow. Regardless, I think what they have there is not different from what I'm seeing on the individual airline sites. The etihad flight is actually from wakanow.

Thanks,

royalsweetness would've been my adviser on this if not that shes AWOL.

Errm, impossible. Flights can never be cheaper if you book directly.
As the etihad is just 14 hours total (plus waiting time ooo) then that should be your best bet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
spikesC:

Errm, impossible. Flights can never be cheaper if you book directly.
As the etihad is just 14 hours total (plus waiting time ooo) then that should be your best bet

Alright, I'll give Etihad a second look.

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Georgiana12: 12:03am On Jan 23, 2015
Wonderful mods unable well done oo, please I just noticed something on my visa page now dat my face isnt showing( the capturing I took the day I submitted) it is very very dark.
Can this pose any threat and what do u think I can do to rectify it. Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Allcorrect(m): 12:11am On Jan 23, 2015
Allcorrect:
Hello SpikeC,

We goyt the CAS on Monday and our agent advised us that it would be a huge gamble applying for visa since start date is 29th of Jan. She advised that we defer cos they may not issue the visa since it seemed late. She also said the deadline for CAS for Nigeria is 16th and even if they issued later than that it would only be a gamble.

We looked at all the options and decided to defer the admission. She should start the process next month since she had not made any accommodation plans prior to this time.

Cheers

2nd of Feb
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 12:36am On Jan 23, 2015
Georgiana12:
Wonderful mods unable well done oo, please I just noticed something on my visa page now dat my face isnt showing( the capturing I took the day I submitted) it is very very dark.
Can this pose any threat and what do u think I can do to rectify it. Thanks in advance

No because your PP has a data page containing your clearer pic. No need to worry at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:02am On Jan 23, 2015
Georgiana12:

Should not be a problem. The picture on your passport should back you up.
I once had a passport that the picture was so dark, you could not make it if it was a human, dog, cat or horse. I had a couple of little issues, but a forensic check on the passport proved it was me and not an animal!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:07am On Jan 23, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Should not be a problem. The picture on your passport should back you up.
I once had a passport that the picture was so dark, you could not make it if it was a human, dog, cat or horse. I had a couple of little issues, but a forensic check on the passport proved it was me and not an animal!!!

Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kathy007(f): 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
I finally got my visa today! Yaayyy! I knew i was going to testify too before the end of this week. I applied in Ikeja on the 12th, got a decision made mail yesterday and i went there today with fate and my visa was already waiting for me. grin Big ups to every moderator/contributor on this thread. You have no idea how many people you've saved with your advice and encouragements. Enroute Coventry via London tomorrow. Anyone with me?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jelmusboy(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
Good day moderators and welldone for the job you are doing here.
Is it possible to use only a mosque marriage certificate as a proof of marriage if I want to invite my wife over to the UK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.