Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865288 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:49am On Jun 21, 2015
NJN:

Thanks, SpikesC.

However, I'll b submitting statement for tuition fees. So, in summary... school is paying for living costs, while I'm paying tuition fees... which do u think I should use in this circumstance?

You don't need to submit statement for tuition fees. That is covered by your CAS.
Unless ofcourse, you're not paying fully, which requires you to submit a statement that covers the rest of the school fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:55am On Jun 21, 2015
naijamark:

That's very wrong. Since you're paying your own tuition (either you've fully or partly paid, or you're submitting a bank statement indicating the amount), then you're on general tier 4.
You're tier 4 sponsored if and only if a government or multinational agency is paying your fees

Schools can sponsor students. If his school is funding his maintenance allowance, they would provide him with a sponsorship letter.
You do not use a sponsorship letter under Tier 4 General.

I would even advise he goes through Tier 4 sponsored, even if he's not paying his school fees fully.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:32am On Jun 21, 2015
spikesC:

Schools can sponsor students. If his school is funding his maintenance allowance, they would provide him with a sponsorship letter.
You do not use a sponsorship letter under Tier 4 General.

I would even advise he goes through Tier 4 sponsored, even if he's not paying his school fees fully.

Bro I think naijamark is right. We have discussed this before last year. Can't find the page but you can google the difference.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:

Bro I think naijamark is right. We have discussed this before last year. Can't find the page but you can google the difference.

I'll research on it, so I don't send him through the wrong path

NJN:

Thanks, SpikesC.

You can ask your school if they would give you a sponsorship letter or include it in your CAS. Then which route you should go through
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:34am On Jun 21, 2015
spikesC:

You can ask your school if they would give you a sponsorship letter or include it in your CAS. Then which route you should go through

Cool.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
spikesC:

Yes, it's a new rule

Really don't think its a rule, maybe varies with schools.
I got my CAS for Aberdeen few days ago.
My colleague got for lobourough without paying any form of fees.
Mail ur sch.. they would reply.
Except if its an Agent solely repping ur sch.. that way his email address would beer ur sch domain name. e.g abcd.xyz@Aberdeen.ac.uk... Only then I advice u do as he say tho there is no harm in getting clarifications from ur sch..afterall u would b paying millions to them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NJN: 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
spikesC:

Thanks. Actually, the school has given me a sponsorship letter IRO the maintenance fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:14am On Jun 22, 2015
MrMarcus:

Except if its an Agent solely repping ur sch.. that way his email address would beer ur sch domain name. e.g abcd.xyz@Aberdeen.ac.uk... Only then I advice u do as he say tho there is no harm in getting clarifications from ur sch..afterall u would b paying millions to them.

Health surcharge is not paid to the school. It is a new rule by UKBA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 22, 2015
MrMarcus:

With all my personal details all over your post, someone close to me would actually think I own your moniker.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deniike(f): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2015
GM i have been following this thread for a while. is it possible for my dad to accompany me to the uk on resumption for about a week? if so what visa and supporting documents would he need and would he apply for a visa at the the same time i am applying for mine thnks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
@ironbender101 where have you been all this while, going through old pages today and I saw ur moniker, hope you are good.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
deniike:
GM i have been following this thread for a while. is it possible for my dad to accompany me to the uk on resumption for about a week? if so what visa and supporting documents would he need and would he apply for a visa at the the same time i am applying for mine thnks.
How old are you and what student visa are you on (Student visitor, Tier 4 child, Tier 4 general)? I presume you're an adult (over 16 years) and on tier 4 general visa, then you cannot be accompanied. If your dad must go with you, he needs to apply differently for General Visitor visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hello!
Justwise nice to see u on this thread. Pls is there anyone going to Uni of Exeter here? Also I need advise concerning the heath insurance thing..what's the best mode of payment to use here as it seems a few people have had issues using MasterCard. also can someone use PayPal for instance to pay on my behalf? someone said I should send the health insurance thing to my school once I pay.. my school didn't ask for that so I'm wondering if that's necessary. Lastly someone told me I need to find out if my school is a biometric center..does anyone know what this means?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by PweedyB(f): 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hi guys. Pls the bank account I intend using for my remaining fees is an active one asin my sponsor is always withdrawing and depositing into it. I don't know if this would affect the 28days period for my visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
PweedyB no the withdrawal n deposit t won't affect the 28 days requirement as long as it doesn't drop below the minimum sum you should have during the 28 day period. If it drops at any times during that period then they will start counting all over
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 7:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
thababe:
Hello!
Justwise nice to see u on this thread. Pls is there anyone going to Uni of Exeter here? Also I need advise concerning the heath insurance thing..what's the best mode of payment to use here as it seems a few people have had issues using MasterCard. also can someone use PayPal for instance to pay on my behalf? someone said I should send the health insurance thing to my school once I pay.. my school didn't ask for that so I'm wondering if that's necessary. Lastly someone told me I need to find out if my school is a biometric center..does anyone know what this means?
I paid online with Zenith's mastercard send the IHS number to your school cus they would need it for your CAS. I saw the number on the CAS I received today.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
Scoobs thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
thababe:
Hello!

They fed you with wrong information.

Health insurance got nothing to do with your school, you pay to the embassy during visa application.

Again your school got nothing to do with biometric, you do that at visa centre after online submission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
Justwise you didn't understand my post.. I didn't ask if I should pay to the school. I asked if I should send them the info after I pay i.e. IHS no. Scooby understood what I asked.

Also I'm not asking about the biometric at the vis centre. Someone told me some schools are now biometric centres in the UK ( not for visa application) as people are only issued with one months visa and get the remaining 11 months in the UK..I may be wrong as I have nevr heard this before..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 1:27am On Jun 24, 2015
scoobs:
I paid online with Zenith's mastercard send the IHS number to your school cus they would need it for your CAS. I saw the number on the CAS I received today.

You don't need the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) Number in order to process your CAS. It doesn't need to be on your CAS. CAS relates mainly to issues of finannce i.e. if you've paid the required deposit, e.t.c.
At least, I confirmed this from my school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
Meritl:

You don't need the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) Number in order to process your CAS. It doesn't need to be on your CAS. CAS relates mainly to issues of finannce i.e. if you've paid the required deposit, e.t.c.
U have to pay for IHS they need the reference number when issuing CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
olatejucole:

How does that work? Pay for IHS without getting his CAS? Do you pay IHS, get a CAS then come back to apply for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Meritl:

U need to be 100% sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
justwise:

How does that work? Pay for IHS without getting his CAS? Do you pay IHS, get a CAS then come back to apply for visa?
@justwise my agent said she cannot not process the CAS unless we pay for it and on the CAS checking sheet sent to me they asked for the reference number and amount paid. Someone will filled the reference number when filling the visa application form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
olatejucole:

@justwise my agent said she cannot not process the CAS unless we pay for it and on the CAS checking sheet sent to me they asked for the reference number and amount paid. Someone will filled the reference number when filling the visa application form

I guess this is some schools policy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
pato231:
@ironbender101 where have you been all this while, going through old pages today and I saw ur moniker, hope you are good.
. Hahahahahahha brother im fine oooooooo. Na UK nah. Sup with you? Where r u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
olatejucole:
Well , its not needed for my school. Same with a friend's. Well you should contact your school to enquire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
Meritl:

Well , its not needed for my school.
Same with a friend's.
Well you should contact your school to enquire.

Whether your school requires it or not, you still have to pay for it before your visa submission date and include it in your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
I think it all depends on the school. Same way some schools require you to obtain and send them the ATAS clearance certificate, before you can become unconditional and thus, get your CAS, while others do not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 5:28am On Jun 25, 2015
spikesC:

Whether your school requires it or not, you still have to pay for it before your visa submission date and include it in your application

Sure I need to pay.
Just that its not used to issue the CAS in my school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 5:38am On Jun 25, 2015
spikesC:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
ironbender101:
. Hahahahahahha brother im fine oooooooo. Na UK nah. Sup with you? Where r u?
Nice bro, I am doing good , presently in London, finished exams will only be back in kent after August. Send me a pm with ur number. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.