Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,714 members, 7,855,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868543 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by g2db2do(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2012
Alhamdulillahi, afta waiting patiently for 25 working days,picked up my student visa today. Justwise nd d rest, really appreciate u guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2012
g2db2do: Alhamdulillahi, afta waiting patiently for 25 working days,picked up my student visa today. Justwise nd d rest, really appreciate u guys

Congrats. When did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
g2db2do: Alhamdulillahi, afta waiting patiently for 25 working days,picked up my student visa today. Justwise nd d rest, really appreciate u guys

Cheers bro. Happy for you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by g2db2do(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
Donxavier:

Congrats. When did you apply?
Applied on the 19th of june.. Actually submitted a certified copy of my certificate since I lost d original one..am sure ds took them so much tym to verify. Also I submitted jt d docs stated in my CAS letter. Any1 heading to Northampton
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2012

Really good news, congratulations!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
Congrats g2db2do. 25 working days; that's scary shocked. I claim the good news, but not the scary 25 working days sha grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2012
FutureDon: Congrats g2db2do. 25 working days; that's scary shocked. I claim the good news, but not the scary 25 working days sha grin

My tots too. While we are joyous, nobody wants to have to wait till 25 working daysgringringrin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chukyrooy(m): 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
Atlantis85:

Oh, thank you! i probably wouldn't have thought about taking my admission letter to the embassy. I'll send the telex copies cos i was told on the forum to request for an extension to allow for processing of visa so I'd just do both in one mail.

What course are you in for?

Advanced Engineering Design.
Wish u success in your application, hope to see you @ Brunel this Sept.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogheneyoma: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
just wanna ask a quick question here, is it wrong to use a bank statement showing account break down for january to august?or must it b only statement showing the last 28days transaction?. that is, sumone applied on august 13th wit a of statement of account from january to august. it was duly stamped nd signed by d bank anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donbigboy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
Ladis and Gentlemen, ready to submit, pls hope i am in other. 1. document stated in my CAS, 2. Sponsorship letter [ dad] 3. my birth certificates and my sponsor, 4. account statement [ my remaining fees is 17,000 pounds and i have 6 million balance in my sponsors account] 5.CAS print out, 6. print out mail for my 2 week extension. Hope i am not missing any thing out.[b][/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
ogheneyoma: just wanna ask a quick question here, is it wrong to use a bank statement showing account break down for january to august?or must it b only statement showing the last 28days transaction?. that is, sumone applied on august 13th wit a of statement of account from january to august. it was duly stamped nd signed by d bank anyway.

It can be from January to December. The Eco will count 28 days backward from the date of the Last transaction. And also the statement must be used within a month of printing it for application. That's why people usually print a month's statement. So if within the last 28 days the money didn't drop below the required balance you are ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
donbigboy: Ladis and Gentlemen, ready to submit, pls hope i am in other. 1. document stated in my CAS, 2. Sponsorship letter [ dad] 3. my birth certificates and my sponsor, 4. account statement [ my remaining fees is 17,000 pounds and i have 6 million balance in my sponsors account] 5.CAS print out, 6. print out mail for my 2 week extension. Hope i am not missing any thing out.[b][/b]

It's ok but you don't need the birth certificate of your sponsor, only your own.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by John8000: 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hi guys, i see there is alot of help going on here and i am loving it... just a quick question bothering me... Is there anyone in this forum or who knows someone whose tier 4 visa application was denied because he or she withdrew funds from their account after 28days before submitting? cos i did and i transfered this funds to my barclays account in the UK.. i use to be a student in the UK before my course completed and visa expired.. i had to come home and make a fresh appliaction for my MSC... after holding over 4million in my access bank account in Nigeria for 28days, i decided to withdraw the funds and transfer it to my barclays account in uk since that is where i would be needing it anyways... hmmm i hope this doesnt have a negative effect on my applictn since the rule says.. hold for 28days. hey justwise, daktard and co.. please help out with this.... calm me down pls.. am kinda bothered! plus i submitted 8th of August, wondering since they held my application for this long.. maybe they wouldnt call my bank to verify the balance after all cos my school resumes early september and i dont think i got time to re-apply and start appealing and all.. please respond.. thanks.. waiting................... plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by John8000: 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hi guys, i see there is alot of help going on here and i am loving it... just a quick question bothering me... Is there anyone in this forum or who knows someone whose tier 4 visa application was denied because he or she withdrew funds from their account after 28days before submitting? cos i did and i transfered this funds to my barclays account in the UK.. i use to be a student in the UK before my course completed and visa expired.. i had to come home and make a fresh appliaction for my MSC... after holding over 4million in my access bank account in Nigeria for 28days, i decided to withdraw the funds and transfer it to my barclays account in uk since that is where i would be needing it anyways... hmmm i hope this doesnt have a negative effect on my applictn since the rule says.. hold for 28days. hey justwise, daktard and co.. please help out with this.... calm me down pls.. am kinda bothered! plus i submitted 8th of August, wondering since they held my application for this long.. maybe they wouldnt call my bank to verify the balance after all cos my school resumes early september and i dont think i got time to re-apply and start appealing and all.. please respond.. thanks.. waiting................... plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss JUSTWISE, DON, DARKCHARD AND COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... EVERYONE SAY SOMETHING NOW OOOOOOOOOOOO PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
John8000: Hi guys, i see there is alot of help going on here and i am loving it... just a quick question bothering me... Is there anyone in this forum or who knows someone whose tier 4 visa application was denied because he or she withdrew funds from their account after 28days before submitting? cos i did and i transfered this funds to my barclays account in the UK.. i use to be a student in the UK before my course completed and visa expired.. i had to come home and make a fresh appliaction for my MSC... after holding over 4million in my access bank account in Nigeria for 28days, i decided to withdraw the funds and transfer it to my barclays account in uk since that is where i would be needing it anyways... hmmm i hope this doesnt have a negative effect on my applictn since the rule says.. hold for 28days. hey justwise, daktard and co.. please help out with this.... calm me down pls.. am kinda bothered! plus i submitted 8th of August, wondering since they held my application for this long.. maybe they wouldnt call my bank to verify the balance after all cos my school resumes early september and i dont think i got time to re-apply and start appealing and all.. please respond.. thanks.. waiting................... plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss

It would have been safer it you left the money in your account and transferred after you've gotten your visa. If that's the only challenge you have and all other documents are intact, most likely you would be safe Cos ve seen someone withdraw it without challenges and not heard of anybody with challenges, but in a case where you have to reapply due to any reason, then you would have to start the process all over again.

Hope for the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2012
John8000: Hi guys, i see there is alot of help going on here and i am loving it... just a quick question bothering me... Is there anyone in this forum or who knows someone whose tier 4 visa application was denied because he or she withdrew funds from their account after 28days before submitting? cos i did and i transfered this funds to my barclays account in the UK.. i use to be a student in the UK before my course completed and visa expired.. i had to come home and make a fresh appliaction for my MSC... after holding over 4million in my access bank account in Nigeria for 28days, i decided to withdraw the funds and transfer it to my barclays account in uk since that is where i would be needing it anyways... hmmm i hope this doesnt have a negative effect on my applictn since the rule says.. hold for 28days. hey justwise, daktard and co.. please help out with this.... calm me down pls.. am kinda bothered! plus i submitted 8th of August, wondering since they held my application for this long.. maybe they wouldnt call my bank to verify the balance after all cos my school resumes early september and i dont think i got time to re-apply and start appealing and all.. please respond.. thanks.. waiting................... plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss JUSTWISE, DON, DARKCHARD AND COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... EVERYONE SAY SOMETHING NOW OOOOOOOOOOOO PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS cry

Dude,
We don't really know the process and how the embassy does these things. But the consensus on an earlier debate on this issue was that the UKBA can only verify the bank statement submitted or call for the current balance in the applicants account. Most people leaned towards the bank statement verification side. To be safe, it was advised to have all the required money in your account till the visa is issued.

So my Guy, you can only hope for the best and in your case let's hope they only verify your bank statement and not call for your bank balance.

I hope this helps. It's all good. It will work out fine and you will get the Visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2012
John8000: Hi guys, i see there is alot of help going on here and i am loving it... just a quick question bothering me... Is there anyone in this forum or who knows someone whose tier 4 visa application was denied because he or she withdrew funds from their account after 28days before submitting? cos i did and i transfered this funds to my barclays account in the UK.. i use to be a student in the UK before my course completed and visa expired.. i had to come home and make a fresh appliaction for my MSC... after holding over 4million in my access bank account in Nigeria for 28days, i decided to withdraw the funds and transfer it to my barclays account in uk since that is where i would be needing it anyways... hmmm i hope this doesnt have a negative effect on my applictn since the rule says.. hold for 28days. hey justwise, daktard and co.. please help out with this.... calm me down pls.. am kinda bothered! plus i submitted 8th of August, wondering since they held my application for this long.. maybe they wouldnt call my bank to verify the balance after all cos my school resumes early september and i dont think i got time to re-apply and start appealing and all.. please respond.. thanks.. waiting................... plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss JUSTWISE, DON, DARKCHARD AND COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... EVERYONE SAY SOMETHING NOW OOOOOOOOOOOO PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS cry

Stay calm, today makes it 10 working days from 8th of August. Weekends are not counted and we had 2 days salah break. Stay calm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by John8000: 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
Dharkchild:

It would have been safer it you left the money in your account and transferred after you've gotten your visa. If that's the only challenge you have and all other documents are intact, most likely you would be safe Cos ve seen someone withdraw it without challenges and not heard of anybody with challenges, but in a case where you have to reapply due to any reason, then you would have to start the process all over again.

Hope for the best.
OOOOOOOOOOH thanks .. yes that is the only challenge i have... plus you dont know how easy u just made me feel.. i have been contacting most of my banker friends i know at least 9 of them who works at banks head office to confirm if ECO verifies bank balance and they all said once in a while... thanks mate! cos i am dead scared when a mate said the ECO could see it as deception and i could get a ban or something but i havent heard or known anyone who was refused on that ground ... i wanna believe since one submits a valid bank statement with the required fund for the maintenance, there shouldnt be any need to verify the balance except if one falls on the bad side of God.. what ya fink? thanks again mate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
@Dharkchild

I'm awaiting the mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by John8000: 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
Donxavier:

Dude,
We don't really know the process and how the embassy does these things. But the consensus on an earlier debate on this issue was that the UKBA can only verify the bank statement submitted or call for the current balance in the applicants account. Most people leaned towards the bank statement verification side. To be safe, it was advised to have all the required money in your account till the visa is issued.

So my Guy, you can only hope for the best and in your case let's hope they only verify your bank statement and not call for your bank balance.

I hope this helps. It's all good. It will work out fine and you will get the Visa.
Thanks Don... yeah true say#
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
Donxavier: @Dharkchild

I'm awaiting the mail.

juat did
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
If one's school is resuming 25th September and the CAS says 25th. But then the person later gets a two weeks extension letter from the school, just before applying for Visa.

When filling the form, if you put 24th September in the section of the form (vide attached pic), does it mean anything? Considering that you have attached an extension letter with your application which supposedly implies that you would not be able to meet up the initial resumption date of 25th. Or should a much later date after 25th be put?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2012
Dharkchild:

juat did

Graciascheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 6:48am On Aug 28, 2012
Charles. E:
If one's school is resuming 25th September and the CAS says 25th. But then the person later gets a two weeks extension letter from the school, just before applying for Visa.

When filling the form, if you put 24th September in the section of the form (vide attached pic), does it mean anything? Considering that you have attached an extension letter with your application which supposedly implies that you would not be able to meet up the initial resumption date of 25th. Or should a much later date after 25th be put?

Applying for 2weeks extension means Ʊ cant meet up with d resumption date Ʊ were given so its better 2 write a date much later dan 25th to justify ur 2weeks extension bt dats in my own opinion let's hear 4rm odas...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 28, 2012
Charles. E:

Fill the start date as is in your CAS? The start date won't change. If it's the 25th, then so be it.
The extension letter is self explanatory, and that's why you are adding it so it shows that you won't meet up with the start date but you still have 2 weeks additional time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 7:31am On Aug 28, 2012
So I'll be submitting my application today but seriously, this 78K is big ooo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogheneyoma: 7:57am On Aug 28, 2012
Donxavier:

It can be from January to December. The Eco will count 28 days backward from the date of the Last transaction. And also the statement must be used within a month of printing it for application. That's why people usually print a month's statement. So if within the last 28 days the money didn't drop below the required balance you are ok.

thx alot donxavier.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2012
omopapa:

Applying for 2weeks extension means Ʊ cant meet up with d resumption date Ʊ were given so its better 2 write a date much later dan 25th to justify ur 2weeks extension bt dats in my own opinion let's hear 4rm odas...

Thanks for your prompt response Omopapa.

Donxavier:

Fill the start date as is in your CAS? The start date won't change. If it's the 25th, then so be it.
The extension letter is self explanatory, and that's why you are adding it so it shows that you won't meet up with the start date but you still have 2 weeks additional time.

Thanks for your response Donxavier. I am not referring to course state date. As that is sacrosanct. I am referring to the part of the form which states "On which date do you intend to travel to the UK"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:11am On Aug 28, 2012
donbigboy: Ladis and Gentlemen, ready to submit, pls hope i am in other. 1. document stated in my CAS, 2. Sponsorship letter [ dad] 3. my birth certificates and my sponsor, 4. account statement [ my remaining fees is 17,000 pounds and i have 6 million balance in my sponsors account] 5.CAS print out, 6. print out mail for my 2 week extension. Hope i am not missing any thing out.[b][/b]

Your list covers the core requirements, so you should be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2012
ogheneyoma: just wanna ask a quick question here, is it wrong to use a bank statement showing account break down for january to august?or must it b only statement showing the last 28days transaction?. that is, sumone applied on august 13th wit a of statement of account from january to august. it was duly stamped nd signed by d bank anyway.

How much was in that account by July?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:16am On Aug 28, 2012
John8000: Hi guys, i see there is alot of help going on here and i am loving it... just a quick question bothering me... Is there anyone in this forum or who knows someone whose tier 4 visa application was denied because he or she withdrew funds from their account after 28days before submitting? cos i did and i transfered this funds to my barclays account in the UK.. i use to be a student in the UK before my course completed and visa expired.. i had to come home and make a fresh appliaction for my MSC... after holding over 4million in my access bank account in Nigeria for 28days, i decided to withdraw the funds and transfer it to my barclays account in uk since that is where i would be needing it anyways... hmmm i hope this doesnt have a negative effect on my applictn since the rule says.. hold for 28days. hey justwise, daktard and co.. please help out with this.... calm me down pls.. am kinda bothered! plus i submitted 8th of August, wondering since they held my application for this long.. maybe they wouldnt call my bank to verify the balance after all cos my school resumes early september and i dont think i got time to re-apply and start appealing and all.. please respond.. thanks.. waiting................... plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Did you transfer that at once or batch by batch?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 28, 2012
Charles. E:

Thanks for your prompt response Omopapa.

Thanks for your response Donxavier. I am not referring to course state date. As that is sacrosanct. I am referring to the part of the form which states "On which date do you intend to travel to the UK"

Omopapa gave you the right answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.