Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,366 members, 7,826,442 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again (17249 Views)

Propaganda Alert! Boko Haram Cornered! Enemies Of Nigeria Are At Work Again! / Multiple Bomb Blasts In Northern Nigerian City Of Maiduguri Injure Five People / Chief Imam Of Abuja National Mosque Mobilizes Northern Nigerian Moslems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2007
Mohammed and his warriors ran around killing,raping and looting and he failed to annihilate Christians and non believers,neither would any other slaves of allah.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2007
denex:

With all the violence in the world heaped on the lap of Islam, one must wonder if the cultists who wrecked violence on Port Harcourt are muslims. I suspect that Bakassi Boys that were be-heading and be-handing people a la short sleeve and long sleeve were doing it in the name of Allah. OPC too was to the glory of Mohamet. MEND nko? Shey they are engaged in Islamic Jihad?

You seem to exhibit an allergy towards logic.The problem is violence inspired or justified in the name of religion which certainly applies to the violence in Kano.Trying to gloss over the obviously religious elements of the violence makes you look like another apologist engaged in an absurd charade of denial.

There is a natural tendency for a Muslim,out of religious pride, to seek to distance his faith from embarrasing co-adherents.However,in doing this,it makes it difficult for the problem to be solved.We need to re-educate these youths but how can that happen when we engage in denial as to the root causes of the problem?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2007
nwando:

Muhammad and his warriors ran around killing,raping and looting and he failed to annihilate Christians and non believers,neither would any other slaves of allah.

cheesy You never give up your struggles do you? grin  You are one hell of a fighter!

*Shakes head* *Walking away quietly to a more peaceful place*
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by debosky(m): 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2007
Fire and Brimstone be upon their heads for their acts. It is time to rise up and stop taking this nonsense. angry angry
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2007
denex:

With all the violence in the world heaped on the lap of Islam, one must wonder if the cultists who wrecked violence on Port Harcourt are muslims. I suspect that Bakassi Boys that were be-heading and be-handing people a la short sleeve and long sleeve were doing it in the name of Allah. OPC too was to the glory of Mohamet. MEND nko? Shey they are engaged in Islamic Jihad?

The cowardly Americans who slaughtered 60 Iraqi citizens while they were worn out with fasting are all Jihadists too.

Staff of BlackWater who took a joyride on a helicopter with the option of spraying innocent Iraqi citizens for extra points, they must have been Sunnis or Shias.

[b]For those of you that are sitting down asking stupid questions, by the time you are caught in the crossfire, you will realise whether it's a North/South thing or a Muslim/Christian matter. For your information, I have been there and the question you should ask yourself is how many Christian Hausas have been killed in Kano throughout the past years.

The day I was caught up in one of these riots, I had just entered high school and as people were trying to save their lives, a Cocacola staff bus which was empty stopped for students to enter and I didn't believe my life when an old lady whom I'd help to get on the bus told my fellow students to kill me because I looked "Inyamiri".

Nobody asked whether I was muslim or christian, she said I looked Inyamiri, end of story. Even when I corrected her that I was Edo, she laughed that it was the same difference.

The only thing that saved me was that I was the one whose English and Integrated Science homeworks were copied by everyone in my class. Maybe they considered that if they killed me, no more high scores. Besides, the bus driver threatened to drop us all in one of the hotspots if everyone didn't behave.

So here I am alive today, but I know that the threat of death was not because of any religious issue. It was because of my Ibo look. Anyway, as they say in Benin, "who no go, no know". That's why somebody that was born in Ibadan and grew up in V.I will be discussing matter within the scope of their mind's imagination.[/b]

In fact, from the way, people have been attributing massacres worldwide to Islam, one would think George Bush and Charles Taylor are both muslims.

I guess we should then rejoice
alas Denex has broken the code we've been searching for.
You may be the only Nigerian that doesn't know that the average northerners regard all southerners as Igbos and by that Christians.
Keep dreaming.
If not for God,your inyamiri behind would have been resting in peace
somewhere between new bini market and ugbowo campus grin
next time just shout allahu akhbar and they'll give you a warm embrace.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2007
debosky:

Fire and Brimstone be upon their heads for their acts. It is time to rise up and stop taking this nonsense. angry angry

How do we rise up when the likes of Denex tell us those islamic hoodlums are only doing what the Niger Delta millitants are doing. Perhaps they are only fighting on behalf of Allah's crude oil.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2007
this allah sef
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by dimcod: 9:37am On Oct 03, 2007
I have a friend in The Gambia, a 90 % Islamic state. They do not go about killing Christians.
I have a friend in Senegal, a 95 % Islamic state. They do not go about killing Christians.
Even in Iraq, the 0.5 % Christians have not been reportedly always slaughtered like chicken.
The Yoruba muslims, at almost 50 % of the population, do not go about looking for a fight with their Christian tribesmen
In Niger Republic, just north of Islamic northern Nigeria, there are christians yet they are not attacked, maimed or killed at the slightest provocation.

Yet, in northern Nigeria, muslims kill non-northerners on the one hand, and non-christians, on the other, even when the provocation (like the present case where an islamic adherent denigrated their Muhammed in Bangladesh) did not come from christians or within Nigeria.

The problem of killing in northern Nigeria is multi-faceted, including but not limited to:

High illiteracy and hence easy to be brain-washed into killing

High level of poverty (northern Nigerians are amongst the poorest people in the world) which can influence your personal worth.

Over-population with largely unproductive humans

Mohammedan role-modelling (ie seeing the Jihadist prophet as a role model)

Religious intolerance

Tribal-motivated hatred

Envy of the more successful southern neighbours who live in their midst

Tacit support from the few elites who condone these evil acts

Now, the question is why Yaradua should be more interested in instilling peace in the Niger Delta than doing same in the North. They let their brain-washed folks run amork and turn round to play peace-makers in the oil-producing communities in the SS and SE. That is precisely what Bush is doing too. He lets the Dafurians in Sudan be killed with impunity, and turns around to fight a war based on non-existent WMDs in Iraq. Crude Oil strong sha grin
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 03, 2007
@dimcod
you are quite right
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by denex: 9:56am On Oct 03, 2007
This whole North/South killing is all linked to the first military coup in Nigeria which has severed the Ibos from the Fulanis for about 30 years now. Until we agree that this is the problem, we will never find a solution.

It is like trying to solve mathematical equations without bothering to confirm if they are simultaneous equations.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by dimcod: 10:10am On Oct 03, 2007
@Denex

The first military coup severed the Igbo from the Fulani. Ok
The second one (involving the killing of Ironsi) severed the Fulani from the Igbo. Ok
If it be merely a Fulani-Igbo affair, why are southerners of non-Igbo extraction similarly killed in the North

Where is your logic?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 10:16am On Oct 03, 2007
@dimcod

Don't mind that Arab camel.The killings over Muhammad cartoons are down to Nzeogwu.Tell that to Northern Christians.There were riots in Kano back in the 50s.

Even the Dan Fodio jihads are traceable back to Nzeogwu
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by dimcod: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2007
Indeed, Denex is a camel with a shallow sense of reasoning. Is he an Arab? grin
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2007
dimcod:

He is not an Arab but he wishes he were one. grin

Of course the violence has ethnic as well as religious elements but to deny that a riot alleged to have started over Muhammad cartoons has nothing to do with religion,is delusional.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by dimcod: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2007
Are there any Hausas in the house who are not muslims. We need a northern (non-muslim) opinion on this matter.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by denex: 10:38am On Oct 03, 2007
@dimwit

could it be because it is not very easy differentiating between different southern tribes by these northerners.

@I-man

the vocabulary rabbi, why are you beginning to agree that there may be some ethnic undertones. Seems to me you are beginning to seek the path to enlightenment. Anyhow, I will be honest with you. You have a very long way to go.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2007
denex:

@I-man
the vocabulary rabbi, why are you beginning to agree that there may be some ethnic undertones. Seems to me you are beginning to seek the path to enlightenment. Anyhow, I will be honest with you. You have a very long way to go.

When will you stop deceiving yourself and admit the riots have religious elements.Are you rewarded with Jannat for being in denial?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by dimcod: 10:45am On Oct 03, 2007
Denex the camel,

Why do the northern muslims have to differentiate between people for the purpose of killing them in the first place? The students of the Yoruba teacher who was beheaded by her students in Gombe (northern Nigeria) a few months ago know her to be Yoruba. Southerners have lived long enough amongst these blood-thirsty bigots that they (northerners) know where they come from in southern Nigeria. Dont sound hollow again.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by denex: 11:08am On Oct 03, 2007
@dimwit

on the contrary, I advice you to continue to sound hollow.

It wasn't Mohamet that postulated that we should give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. It wasn't him who said if you're in Rome, act accordingly.

If I go to China and publicly desecrate the graves of their emperor, I will have no one else to blame but myself. If anyone has the sudden inexplicable desire to desecrate the Koran. Maybe they should seek some degree of privacy for themselves first.

The case of this Christianah Oluwasesin is a matter of matyrdom. She went on a suicide mission. It's not everybody on a suicide mission that wears and explosive vest.

Go to Benin City and desecrate a statue or image of the Oba an see whether a mob idol worshippers will not kill you, whether you're Ibo, Fulani or Benin yourself. Whether you're Christian, Muslim or an Idolator yourself.

Let's discuss the genocide we're on and don't bring me an isolated case of a woman on a suicide mission. Wetin concern canoe with side-mirror?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by laudate: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2007
dimcod:

I-man:

@dimcod

Don't mind that Arab camel.The killings over Muhammad cartoons are down to Nzeogwu.Tell that to Northern Christians.There were riots in Kano back in the 50s.

Even the Dan Fodio jihads are traceable back to Nzeogwu

Here we go again! Dem don start! angry Why is it that whenever anyone makes a point you don't agree with, instead of addressing the points one by one in a logical manner and stating the grounds of disagreement, you guys just resort to name-calling & insults, at the slightest excuse? Na wa o!  sad

By the way, denex how many names them don call you sef? Last time, it was 'hater'. . . .today na 'camel!' O di egwu! wink
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by denex: 11:44am On Oct 03, 2007
dem don even call me MENDacious. I just dey hope say Joint Task Force no go come pick me.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by almondjoy(f): 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2007
laudate:

Here we go again! Dem don start! angry Why is it that whenever anyone makes a point you don't agree with, instead of addressing the points one by one in a logical manner and stating the grounds of disagreement, you guys just resort to name-calling & insults, at the slightest excuse? Na wa o! sad

By the way, denex how many names them don call you sef? Last time, it was 'hater'. . . .today na 'camel!' O di egwu! wink

Welcome to Nairaland!

These are only a few of the names. More to come!
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by osereka(m): 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2007
ISLAM IS THE WAY

SALLAM

RAMADAN KAREEM grin
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2007
osereka:

ISLAM IS THE WAY

yeah, islam is the way to "peace".

Denex is the king of illogical analysis
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Iman3(m): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2007
@laudate

You see as your hermaphrodite self is stalking me now?

@denex

So Northern Muslims effectively behave like idolators? Given that Mohammed cartoons have sparked violence in places like Bangladesh,Pakistan,Libya et al,maybe these Hausa/Fulani people you keep pointing to are everywhere.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by osereka(m): 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2007
ENGLISH MASTER i-man
howdy?
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Mariory(m): 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2007
osereka:

ISLAM IS THE WAY

SALLAM

RAMADAN KAREEM grin

Shukram!

PS: Is it wrong for me to wipe my ass with a few pages of the Koran? wink
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by osereka(m): 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2007
@mariory,
why will you wanna do that?
give me anything, I can never wipe my ass with any
religious book.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by grafikdon: 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2007
There are clueless fanatics and zealots in every religion and I believe the clueless Muslim fanatics from the north are in the minority. Here's the big problem; The moderates who I believe are the real Muslims and the majority are SILENT. . . they have what it takes to check the insignificant clueless fanatics amongst them but their silence is not only dense, it is disturbing. What we see everyday is moderates (From Nigeria and the Arab world) like Denex (I assume Denex is Muslim, if not, my sincere apology) glossing over the atrocities of the fanatics and diverting attention to the misconceptions and accusations leveled on Islam, including when it has nothing to do with a present problem/situation. There is always the absence of condemnation from the moderate Muslims (except in a few isolated cases) which lends credence to the numerous misconceptions surrounding Islam today.

It is difficult for me to understand because I know that the Muslim population in Senegal can't be anything less than %95, yet they don't pick up arms and go on rampage whenever. My Senegalese Friends who are Muslims always shudder at the level of religious intolerance exhibited by the few clueless zealots in the North, according to them; those people must be reading a different version of the Quran and smoking adulterated marijuana while at it.

I think we have a case of religious fanaticism, bigotry, obliteration of the line between culture and religion, a silent moderate majority, ethnic antagonism, ignorance, prejudice and poverty all rolled in one.
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Mariory(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2007
osereka:

@mariory,
why will you want to do that?
give me anything, I can never wipe my ass with any
religious book.

Including the books of Scientology? tongue
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by osereka(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2007
yes.

am a muslim yea but I dont discriminate
if GOD so want he could have make us all muslim or christian
Re: Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again by Mariory(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2007
osereka:

yes.

am a muslim yea but I don't discriminate
if GOD so want he could have make us all muslim or christian

What about Scientologists though?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Now Tony Blair To Meet With President Jonathan After Meeting Buhari -vanguard / It’s Wrong For Jonathan To Summon Electoral Umpire, Jega At Will – APC / Only Crazy People Will Say I Did Not Visit Buhari – tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.