Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,097 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce (9523 Views)

Dabota Lawson Files For Divorce From Billionaire Prince Sunny Aku / Emeka Ike’s Wife Files For Divorce Over Constant Beating - Naijagists.com / Ramsey Nouah's Wife Files For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Jenifa1: 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
logica:

Idiota. Did it occur to you that the person you initially responded to did not put your name on his post? Of course expecting logic is expecting too much from you being a baboon. This is a public forum and as a dolt you will do well to stay far away from public. Monkey.

I can see all the logic oozing from your post.
bastard.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Jenifa1: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2011
vislabraye:

The guy just has to cope with the loss after all he chop wtin he no suppose chop.
Sometimes the law doesnt favour these men knowing that there are many gold diggers around. Why would some one want to marry then?

help me ask them.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
rhymz:

This whole story is just funny and the guy is obviously dumb. That is what love does to you when you let it control both your head and your heart simultenuosly.
Besides, it is high time men in the west start a movement that ensures their right to polygamy, seriously this might greatly reduce the appalling rate of divorce in the west. Ppl just wake up one morning and leave their marriage for some very unreasdonable reasons( not talking about infidelity here o). Afterall sef, shebi homo dem don dey make inroads, it is high time a polygamist movement capitalized on their gains ask for thesame right to marry and bleep as many women at a time as they want.
By the way, I find the comments of Vanessa's ex-step dad very funny and extremely on point, the woman is know fool, her Momma taught her well.
Hear the guy moaning:
"Anyway, according to the ex-stepfather of Kobe Bryant's estranged wife, Vanessa, she learned Gold Digging 101 from her mother. From TMZ: Kobe Bryant should have known his soon- to-be ex-wife would take him to the cleaners in their divorce ,  because she learned the wallet-raiding playbook from her mother ,  so says Vanessa's ex-step dad. TMZ spoke with Stephen Laine -- an inventory manager for a food company who was married to Vanessa's mother from 1990 to 2003 ,  and helped raise Vanessa from a child into adulthood. Laine tells us, "Her mother taught her well to wait for the ten-year mark [before divorcing]." Lol, interesting theory. Keep reading,  He explains, "In California ,  it's considered a long term marriage and then she gets paid for life or until she remarries ,  just like her mother is doing to me." Laine continues, "I have to pay her mom $ 1,800 every month and clearly they don’t need it." Sources close to Vanessa tell us ,  Kobe's soon-to-be ex-mother-in-law is currently living in one of the BBaller's mansions ,  and we're told Vanessa is very good to her. Laine gripes, "I have a six-year-old daughter and that money could be used toward her college fund or something ,  you'd think she'd care ,  but no, she's spiteful."

Why is this one whining now? Was he going into this with 2 eyes closed? Paying $1800/month in alimony, obviously paying roughly the same amount in child support i suppose . . . and now has a 6-yr old? shocked This is what folks call a life i guess.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Jenifa1: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2011
help me ask them.

many of the athletes, even the unmarried ones, manage to end up broke and penniless in less than a decade anyway. wonder what they're spending the money on if not on cars and [i]prost[/i]itutes. and they made the choice to do so.
They don't deserve to be rich in d first place. just like lottery winners many of whom don't know what to do with their newly found richness (wealth is not the word to describe it. because they r rich not wealthy).
lots of money, no sense of responsibility.

and the other one is bringing up polygamy as a solution. I laugh in greek.
it is practiced mainly among muslims (who are known for discipline) for a reason. for a woman to enter a polygamous marriage, she must be sure that the man will can care/provide of her and children. because most likely they're not doing it just for "love"
isn't that what these yeye boys refer to as "gold digging"?
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2011
Jenifa_:

help me ask them.

many of the athletes, even the unmarried ones, manage to end up broke and penniless in less than a decade anyway. wonder what they're spending the money on if not on cars and [i]prost[/i]itutes. and they made the choice to do so.
They don't deserve to be rich in d first place. just like lottery winners many of whom don't know what to do with their newly found richness (wealth is not the word to describe it. because they r rich not wealthy).
lots of money, no sense of responsibility.

sadly many people would do the same thing if they had money because they have NO IDEA how to mange their wealth. getting money is NOT the hardest part, keeping it IS. they need someone to manage their wealth and many dont do so. they flash and spend their cash faster than you can say cheese.

a poor man who wins the lottery will AUTOMATICALLY want to live like the billionaires out there rather than manage his money and keep it for the rest of his life (which is what many poor people say they will do IF they ever win). so from the get go he is losing money at a fast rate. should we blame them? no!!!! that person, at the end of the day, will not fall lower than he was earlier so if he wants to spend all his winning living the BEST 10yrs of his life then who are we to say otherwise (at least he would have tasted the good life for a while).

anyway Kobe is NOT going to be poor after this divorce, let's be real!
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Jenifa1: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2011
yeah he'll hopefully bounce back and make sure not to make d same mistake again.
I'll wager he's been preparing for this to happen for 10ys (length of time needed) now so no biggie. hope he prepared well

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/LoveAndMoney/CelebrityDivorceAndThe10YearItch.aspx
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by logica(m): 8:54pm On Dec 21, 2011
Jenifa_:

I can see all the logic oozing from your post.
bastard.

A b!tch who thinks rappers coined the term "gold digger" is too dumb 2 know what "logic" means; talk less of seeing logic. Lol, obviously never heard the term before Kanye West made a song about it. Bush skank.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Jenifa1: 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2011
^ you can't close your mouth abi?

i'm proud to be ignorant of stupidity. kanye west ko, lil wayne ni.
wetin concern me.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2011
i just read that Kobe's wife claims that he cheated with 105 women!!!!!!

now, my question is:" when did she realize that Kobe was NOT/NEVER going to stop cheating? at the 10th, 30th or 50th woman. obviously, after the 50th, she knew fully well that this man was a born cheater and wont change.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2011
Another ediot that married early: Ashley Cole.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
i am patiently waiting for DB/VB to go through the same shiit as he dodged a bullet a few yrs ago with his secretary/assistant or whatever but i think it will come sooner than later.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 18, 2012
according to Blackplanet, he settled the divorce at the tune of $75Milla and 2 mansions. lol!
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 10:02am On Jan 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

i am patiently waiting for DB/VB to go through the same shiit as he dodged a bullet a few yrs ago with his secretary/assistant or whatever but i think it will come sooner than later.

She would do well if she does it now as they now live in California. That na 50% straight up! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But on a more serious note, I have no problem with Victoria getting 50%. She at least contributed and it can perfectly be argued it is because of their marriage that David got so much popularity and money from football and endorsements, as he is not that talented or that great looking. There are far more talented footballers that did not make the same kind of money. Imagine David is still earning more than Messi, Christiano and Etoo till this day.

MRbrownJAY:

according to Blackplanet, he settled the divorce at the tune of $75Milla and 2 mansions. lol!

Good.

Next time he would know what a pen and paper is.

What a foool! I bet he can't give even his own mother that $75m but he is giving it to some woman for just being married due to his own stupidity.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by queensmith: 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2012
i dont get it? Are some now trashing the woman for having a cheating husband? that makes no sense!

Why did he get married if he can't keep it in his pants! Nonsense and ingredients!
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
queensmith:

i dont get it? Are some now trashing the woman for having a cheating husband? that makes no sense!

Why did he get married if he can't keep it in his pants! Nonsense and ingredients!

He cheated, and so what?

He should pay her for cheating?

If she does not like his cheating she is free to leave and find another man.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by thameamead(f): 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
I don't feel sorry for Kobe, apparently he was advised to make her sign a pre-nup but he was so inlove wit her that he thought there was no need for it, same goes for Thierry Henry, when he was about to marry the model Nicole Merry, his lawyers drew up a pre-nup which she never signed for some bizarre reasons, when they separated she kicked him out of his £6M house in Hampsted, when they decided to divorce, she employed the most expensive lawyer and fought for every penny she could get from him, she was awarded £10M which i think is too much because she hardly contributed anythinh but it serves him right, she's dating the singer from the Street (the Ibo guy) she's told him she has no plans to marry him, clever girl!
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2012
thameamead:
I don't feel sorry for Kobe, apparently he was advised to make her sign a pre-nup but he was so inlove wit her that he thought there was no need for it, same goes for Thierry Henry, when he was about to marry the model Nicole Merry, his lawyers drew up a pre-nup which she never signed for some bizarre reasons, when they separated she kicked him out of his £6M house in Hampsted, when they decided to divorce, she employed the most expensive lawyer and fought for every penny she could get from him, she was awarded £10M which i think is too much because she hardly contributed anythinh but it serves him right, she's dating the singer from the Street (the Ibo guy) she's told him she has no plans to marry him, clever girl!

They both deserve what they got.

If you don't have a brain, you deserve the consequences of your own actions or inactions.

If I tell a girl to sign pre-nup and she doesn't (or even hesitates annoyedly - in this western world we live in) the marriage is off, without a shadow of a doubt.

Fck her love, fck her fairytale.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by queensmith: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2012
@thameamed he may have been genuinely in love. If that was the case then a prenup isnt needed. Not to say she wasnt genuinely in love and would have signed a prenup. i'm even wondering in her case, maybe the woman is currently dying of a broken heart!

However marriage itself is a contract, why bother getting into it if your going to breach it?
Sagamite:

He cheated, and so what?

He should pay her for cheating?

If she does not like his cheating she is free to leave and find another man.

erm are we not reading the same story? thats exactly what she did! *rolls eyes*
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2012
queensmith:

erm are we not reading the same story? thats exactly what she did! *rolls eyes*

Except I have forgotten something, people are attacking her because she appears to be scheming to milk money from him, not just leave.

Is that not right?
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by queensmith: 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2012
No she left the man, and the leaving came with an entitlement!

I dont see how its fine for a man to cheat on his wife, but not cool for a woman to get her divorce settlement?

If men are afraid of this happening its very simple DONT GET MARRIED!!!!! its not compulsory!

If she was scheming then thats his problem, he could have avoided the screwing by not cheating on his wife! #simples
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2012
queensmith:

No she left the man, and the leaving came with an entitlement!

I dont see how its fine for a man to cheat on his wife, but not cool for a woman to get her divorce settlement?

If men are afraid of this happening its very simple DONT GET MARRIED!!!!! its not compulsory!

If she was scheming then thats his problem, he could have avoided the screwing by not cheating on his wife! #simples

1) My question was "Was that not why they were thrashing her".

2) She should not be entitled to those entitlements. Those are daft laws.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2012
yep, any man who has some money/assets (before marriage) and decides to get hitched without a prenup, has only his sorry self to blame when divorce proceedings come slap him in the face. love's got NOTHING to do with anything here.

@Queensmith
would you feel the same way if Kobe had signed a prenup and wifey ended up with "only" $10/15Milla?
what has cheating got to do with a scheming wife? if thats her aim then she will divorce him whether he is the best husband , or not. if the cheating is the reason why she suddenly wants divorce then she is about 8yrs too late.

@Sagamite
yeah V. Beckham brought a LOT to the table and she wasnt poor when they got married, she was richer than David at the time.
as for Kobe's wife i will have to disagree and say that she is entitled to that money , SIMPLY because her husband IS a fool!
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
^^^We couldn't agree more.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by queensmith: 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2012
Well i think she's entitled to whatever she wants. Its not much to ask your HUSBAND to keep it in his pants. This isnt a case of bad laws or vindictive ex wives (all of which are there because nuiscance men get married when they have no control over themselves) its a case of a man that cheated on his wife.

He wouldnt lose anything if he either

a) never bothered to get married or

b) kept it in his pants!

Soo many celebs fall into the exact same trap over and over! You will think these knuckleheads will have learnt by now!
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2012
queensmith:

Well i think she's entitled to whatever she wants. Its not much to ask your HUSBAND to keep it in his pants. This isnt a case of bad laws or vindictive ex wives (all of which are there because nuiscance men get married when they have no control over themselves) its a case of a man that cheated on his wife.

b) kept it in his pants!

Soo many celebs fall into the exact same trap over and over! You will think these knuckleheads will have learnt by now!

Yes, he cheated. If she does not like it, she should dumb him and go and find another guy.

But he should not be paying her or compensating her financially for cheating or for being married to her.

She is not entitled to jackshit that she did not work for under sensible laws.

So what would he get if she was the one that did not keep her legs closed?
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
queensmith:

Well i think she's entitled to whatever SHE wants. Its not much to ask your HUSBAND to keep it in his pants. This isnt a case of bad laws or vindictive ex wives (all of which are there because nuiscance men get married when they have no control over themselves) its a case of a man that cheated on his wife.

b) kept it in his pants!

you meant to say she is entitled to whatever the COURT wants to award her (or what her husband is willing to give her to settle out of court)

btw are you now saying that paying her is going to solve the cheating issue at hand?! what happens if SHE cheated, like many spouse do? what would Kobe be entitled to for "reparation"?
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

you meant to say she is entitled to whatever the COURT wants to award her (or what her husband is willing to give her to settle out of court)

btw are you now saying that paying her is going to solve the cheating issue at hand?! what happens if SHE cheated, like many spouse do? what would Kobe be entitled to for "reparation"?

I just coincidentally asked her the same question. I can guarantee you she would not be able to answer that.
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by queensmith: 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
you can guarantee shi, t all!

he will GET what he wants out of what she has! its really not difficult

going to have to agree to disagree on thism I still dont see why its sensible for a man to cheat on his wife and unsensible for a woman to get damages, makes no sense whatsoever,

its not as if he wasnt aware that she can divorce him and take his money whilst he was cheating! The man accepted that fact and went along doing what he was doing believing he is invisible! people are busy taking panadol for kobe's headache when the man knew very well what he was falling into.

abeg!
Re: Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce by Sagamite(m): 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2012
queensmith:

you can guarantee shi, t all!

he will GET what he wants out of what she has! its really not difficult

going to have to agree to disagree on thism I still dont see why its sensible for a man to cheat on his wife and unsensible for a woman to get damages, makes no sense whatsoever,

its not as if he wasnt aware that she can divorce him and take his money whilst he was cheating! The man accepted that fact and went along doing what he was doing believing he is invisible! people are busy taking panadol for kobe's headache when the man knew very well what he was falling into.

abeg!

Agree to disagree what? Answer my bloody question!

He is worth over $200m, she cheats on him while not worth even £500K, tell me if a court will award him her money.

What damages would he get if she was the one cheating?

ANSWER!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido Ball Pen Drawing By Nigerian Artist / Mbgn 2008(adaeze Igwe),and Miss Lacasera 2008 Wasnt A Free&fair Pageant(details) / Micheal Jordan Lesbian Daughter And Her Girlfriend Flaunt Love (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.