Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Blackberries To Get Android Phones? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberries To Get Android Phones? (12466 Views)

List Of Phones That Will Get Android 5.0 Lollipop / How To Get Android Apps On Blackberry Z3 / Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2011
My Android, HTC Wildfire rocks,
To Hell with BB.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Effiko(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2011
hmmmmm . . . . . . /\ so many blackberry haters  undecided undecided
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by sammirano: 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2011
they are  incomparable, but because the Andriod market is not as wide as the BBs and ofcourse People are limited to see in this part of the world they use what they are given, but I will say BB is ok for most Nigerians, because how many of them utilize the little app BB has to offer.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by benzion72(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2011
Is it true that Android phone drink data like water? And that to really enjoy it you must be ready to spend fortune on GSM company for Data charges
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by chinnyonwu(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2011
benzion72:

Is it true that Android phone drink data like water? And that to really enjoy it you must be ready to spend fortune on GSM company for Data charges
No, it drinks data more like bEer. ƳơƲ can't take water in huge quantities Ʋ know,
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Abdul9ice(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2011
Hm, human being are dynamic! See dem dy debate on andriod, bb, iphone. When me still dy use javaphone and i dy eye symbian, na wa o. I am far behind. God help me!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by chinnyonwu(m): 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2011
^^^
Ɩ۵Ɩ ! Amen!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by AfroBlue(m): 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2011
The op is right, androids are now the lions of the industry

Android's Facebook app overtakes iPhone's for first time

Android app now has 58.8 million daily active users, while the iPhone version has 57.6 million
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/dec/19/android-facebook-app-iphone?newsfeed=true

Could RIM's survival mean ditching the BlackBerry?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/19/uk-rim-blackberry-idUSLNE7BI01W20111219
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by GChux1: 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2011
Well, for me, I don't really like BB. It's just a means to exploit Naija girls who under-utilise their phones pinging all they want. I use a Nokia e63, and boy, it rocks! However, I want to get a BB because of worrying too much about data usage. i consider myself a very heavy data consumer. And the limits on other mobile phones capped by our networks are fraudulent. It's cheating! Outside this country, there are similar data caps for BB, Droid, Symbian, iOS etc. But here, it's different. For now, I hop into the BB wagon with sadness all because of the BIS and their unlimited data.   sad
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Kunlegzy(m): 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2011
t mobile, htc G2 android phone all the way. Bleep bb
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by omoboy08(m): 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2011
my symbian suited all my needs in a smartfone.bb lailai, android mayb as my 2nd fone.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by SuyaEater(m): 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
andriods battery doesnt last, dies in a min, i use andriod motorola i1, very useless fone
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by capricon: 6:39pm On Dec 19, 2011
Ok first of all i just got a bb, why, becos everyone is using it therefore it made more sense so as to communicate with friends, afteral phones are made for communication. I know fully well dat androids have better functionalities , heck, even my old nokia has more functions than bb. But honestly if u want to communicate better , then use a blackberry becos they actually have the best messaging app (BBM) and the social network integration is good too.
Confession: i had to wait till the subscription crashed cos i saw no sence in paying so much just to ping  grin.      Question: if u get an android phone wat will u be doing with it? as in anything new?
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by ITbomb(m): 6:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
nigerian girls are simply not brainy enough to use an android
Ask a BB girl what is apps.
No wonder they are shipping discarded wackberry to developing countries while they use android and Iphone
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Shakes85: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2011
ITbomb , u just said my mind. Most bb users r pingin fools
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by omenziate(m): 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2011
Use watever suits u, no need to get all emotional ova a phone. As for me, I no get ova money for data usage for iphone and android. Hence I stick with ma bb.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by zibe(m): 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2011
The day android phones come up with something like blackberry's BIS is when I'll trade my bb for it. I can't buy a high-end phone and still pay much more for data charges cos I download a LOT! BB gives me the chance to do that and much more for just 3k a month.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by miracle4(m): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2011
grin Mtn now sells bb for #28,000 their screen touch is really a joke of a smart phone. Andriod all d way
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by rman: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2011
This is simply another MY PHONE IS BETTER THAN YOUR'S thread.
BB users are not complaining, so I don't get why some immature minds will refer to them as fools.
Blackberry is indeed a powerful tool if you really know how to use it. A lot of applications are there on BB app world.
Like it or not, BB is the fastest selling IT product in computer village.
Enough of this BB hate threads.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by java002: 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2011
Android phones will on the long run replace BB in Nigeria even with the new BB Os that is yet to be released and i think BB will have a bit of a challenge keeping its share of the mobile phone market with the power and quality of android and not to mention the giant in the market: the almighty apple with the most sophisticated mobile Os in the world.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by samyng(m): 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2011
[size=13pt]l@ Poster lol very funny how did you come bat with this survey grin grin cheesy[/size]
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by jerk: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2011
i neva use bb bt i just hate it wtout reason may be the ping ding pong ting girls makes noise wt, just gv me android anyday anytime.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by OmoPastor(m): 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2011
what a bunch of rubbish! so its cos of common phone that one kid called another one a fool? highest group of jobless entities.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Pesuzok(m): 10:48pm On Dec 19, 2011
Who said bb is for pinging? That was then. I use a bb, I receive all my emails, always online on yahoo msger, fb chat, and bbm. Browse the internet 247 without thinking of data usage, even on my pc. What do u use your android for? Pls enlighten me
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Sike(m): 10:53pm On Dec 19, 2011
Shakes85:

ITbomb , u just said my mind. Most bb users r pingin fools

Ouch! Dats Harsh!!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Dabss(m): 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
rman:

This is simply another MY PHONE IS BETTER THAN YOUR'S thread.
BB users are not complaining, so I don't get why some immature minds will refer to them as fools.
Blackberry is indeed a powerful tool if you really know how to use it.
A lot of applications are there on BB app world.
Like it or not, BB is the fastest selling IT product in computer village.
Enough of this BB hate threads.

exactly my point.
If someone is happy and satisfied with his/her nokia 3310, does not mean he/she is a fool.
Pesuzok:

Who said bb is for pinging? That was then. I use a bb, I receive all my emails, always online on yahoo msger, fb chat, and bbm. Browse the internet 247 without thinking of data usage, even on my pc. What do u use your android for? Pls enlighten me

okay, now that is just funny.
What can an andriod phone do?
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by omenziate(m): 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2011
Watever my bb cannot do, I compliment it with my laptop,by d way, how many of d numerous applications on android and iphone are fully maximized. I think some are still network dependent. Bottomline,find d phone dat suits u. Shikena
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Sundayademola(m): 11:20pm On Dec 19, 2011
Pesuzok:

You are one of the reasons those guys up there do not like bb's.Android does not receive emails,no yim,no fb chat,no chatting app. Those are some of what it does except calling and text messaging.

Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Sundayademola(m): 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2011
omenziate:

Watever my bb cannot do, I compliment it with my laptop,by d way, how many of d numerous applications on android and iphone are fully maximized. I think some are still network dependent. Bottomline,find d phone dat suits u. Shikena
too funny to be in the jokes section

Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by BlackBaron: 11:58pm On Dec 19, 2011
Ain't hating on no BB's but after pinging back and forth, moved to android after only a year.

Besides numerous chat apps exists on various platforms only that BB chat is 'secure'

Hated the constraints on it and lack of app support et al.

My new android is heavily customizable with variety of applications from my gps nav, music, games, metronome, textbooks, kindle, movies, tv streaming, remote apps and much more.

Quite often when I get bored or on a long journey, pick it up and voila! Also got lost a few times with gps bailing me out.

Even the games are console quality - got GTA 3, Modern Combat 3, NFS, Fifa 12. . . tongue
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Shakes85: 12:28am On Dec 20, 2011
I witnessed a babe pingin nd fell inside gutter. Wat do u call dat?
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by kayswag100(m): 1:03am On Dec 20, 2011
I dont use any of the phones but with my experience as a telecom executive, i would advise the average nigerian 'phonaholic' to opt for a BB.

Y?

BB phones have data compression rates that are GANGSTER!! in other words, u can hardly exhaust the data bundle attached to any bis plan u buy!
Also, security is second to none!!!ever heard of a BB phone being hacked? d hacker must be demon then!

Android et al, it gives u the 'desk-top-like' experience, '3D' displays in newer models and super applications! Buy guess what? data consumption is herculean!!! u could actually down a GB within hours. security is tight as well but i v had i
several intances of hacked androids!

which 1 u pick, ur choice!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adobe Unveils AI Tool That Can Detect Photoshopped Faces / Call, Data Costs May Rise As NCC Revises Telcos’ Spectrum Price / Awoof: Get More Than 3 Million Airtime From Airtel To Call Any Network In 9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.