Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle (9466 Views)

10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries / Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast / Blackberries To Get Android Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by xcitedjay(m): 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2012
Plato said "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." This is particularly true if you meet someone using a BlackBerry, perhaps the hardest of all battles. But they don't deserve pity. Around BlackBerry users, we must remember manners, courtesy, and a few basic rules of kindness.

Don't be a snob.
Gadget snobbery is never OK. It's ignorant and obnoxious to tell someone they're a bad person because of a phone (unless that phone is a Galaxy Note). Within the rest of the handset nebula, you should let your fellow man stand by his choice.

But BlackBerry owners are different. They were once a haughty, QWERTY-clutching elite—bankers, lawyers, Illuminati chairmen, Yale professors, and various other broad-jawed goons from the corridors of power. No more. The RIM faithful are the people who got left out of the doomsday vault—the Japanese soldiers still wandering around the jungle waiting to snipe GIs. They're at a point beneath teasing. We need to start giving them sympathy. We have to coexist.

It's probably not their fault.

Your typical BlackBerry user doesn't use it because they want to—they use it because they have to. Maybe their Paleolithic employer probably requires it—it's still a requisite for modern business in someone's faded brain. Or maybe they can't afford a new phone. Or maybe they really, really love a good keyboard, which can't be found elsewhere. Maybe they're chained to a family plan. The point is: They have no other options.

So you can't fault someone for using a BlackBerry, because nobody really wants to be using a BlackBerry. Have you ever made fun of someone for using a wheelchair? Probably not. If you have, you're awful.

Don't ask.

"Dude, you're still using a BlackBerry?"
 Yeah, they are, dickhead. You know they are. Highlighting the misfortune of others isn't going to get anyone to make out with you. And a BlackBerry user isn't going to change their ways because of your ridicule. They know they have a BlackBerry. Whatever the reason is, it's their business. When they make a call, just look away, and try to smile.

Don't stare.

Unless it's on a hip-holster, in which case, walk away.

Compliment BBM.

RIM still has one thing going for it: BBM is the best phone messaging system of all time. It makes iMessage look like a poopy diaper. Giving your friend's 'Berry the respect it deserves for instant, reliable phone IMing is a good way to establish common ground. Sample conversation:
 You: "Oh, man, I wish my phone had BBM. It's still the best."
 Them: "Thanks. But I want to die."

Loan your phone.

When you see someone pushing a busted bicycle along the side of a dark, muddy road, you don't just leave them there. You give them a ride. Open your door—this is a metaphor— and let a BB user borrow your phone for a second. Sample conversation:
 Them: "Hey, do you mind if I check the Orioles score? I'm following them in the World Series."
 You: "Um, sure!"

Share what luxury you have.
Let them use your phone's snappy browser. For a moment, you both feel content. Until they learn the truth about the Flock.

Be sympathetic.

Be understanding. Be generous. Be nice. Because someday, you might be on the bottom rung of the social ladder, still clinging to your hopelessly outdated old iPhone.

Source: http://gizmodo.com/5953043/be-nice-to-your-sad-friends-with-blackberries

5 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by semid4lyfe(m): 8:16am On Oct 21, 2012
Hehehehehe. . . .the BB bashing continues on NL cheesy

I swear, even Nokia 3310 get more respect than BB for here

E don be for BB. . . .this one na T.K.O tongue

2 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by dhtmlextreme1: 8:19am On Oct 21, 2012
Rubbish! you dont even need any phone to survive in the first place. Rubbish.

How does this reduce the price of garri in the market?

7 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by killuminati(m): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2012
Long tin..... I still dey use my BB. Notin dey pa cool

15 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 21, 2012
Bb or not, I read the same information that u read on ur ios or android, talk with the same people. Why bb bashing? No one bashed motorolla, sony-ericsson. People are just hating on bb for no reason. Come hate on me cos I dey use bb nah. Maybe nah ur money I use buy am. What of those using china phone like chichamcham, zumyon, sumshuang etc? Waht should they do? Commit suicide? This bashing is baseless and pure envy

6 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 21, 2012
Oya Round 2....I cant wait to see d BB users come swingin out with various punches....

1 Like

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by chucky234(m): 8:25am On Oct 21, 2012
I would have bash the hell out of the author of that crap but this is Sunday morning so I'm in a sacred state,I'll be back for you.

1 Like

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by candieangel12(f): 8:30am On Oct 21, 2012
Sha eventhough Im an android user and would never use a bb in my life, I wonder weting BB do some people for NL? Why all the BB bashing? lol

1 Like

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by CLIQBOY(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2012
What is BB na phone or diapers?

3 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by mrkels(m): 8:32am On Oct 21, 2012
This is a sponsored post.  remains the best phone with flexible bundles and the best qwerty keypad in nigeria for now, so they can keep spilling the BS, I don't care. Love my  and I aint changing it for nothing.

8 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by collins123(m): 8:35am On Oct 21, 2012
How does this stupid rambling from an old twisted fuc (whoever wrote the thread) affect my life?

I have practically used all phone os and even though, i couldnt compare the BB OS with that of android or iOS, heck, even symbian, I have come in terms with the fact that the BB is for me. It gives me a whole lot more than what I want, productivity and socal wise.

99.9 percent of people with all these so called HD exta smartphones does not even have a single HD video on their phone. If I'll ever use another phone,I'll still have my spare BB.

So haters should die.

PS: Na dose useless ashawo girls wey dey use bb for dia market cause all these BASHINGS. Cause they have no other use for it except for pinging!!!

11 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by mrhansome12(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2012
Anoda nonsense thread making de front page *wandering is this how low de IQ of our mods have desend* waiting 4 my ban again 4 expressing my feeling. (Hitler mods)
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Gbagauncatcher: 8:39am On Oct 21, 2012
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Nasri100(m): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2012
Bla bla bla irrelevant topic tsw
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by DonTim1: 8:43am On Oct 21, 2012
Bash all u want,I get what I need from  and android.

's qwerty keyboard....good for IMing
Android swipe capacitive screen for smooth browsing n gaming plus puting me in Admin position(after rooting) and several ROM's to choose. I just carry both!
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 21, 2012
Summary Please...
Btw,
Why did the OP create this thread?
What is the purpose of this thread?
What does OP hope to achieve with this thread?
Why should it be on frontpage?
Are mod's still doing their jobs?
Has the job of mods been compromised?
Is it right to torture NLanders with such senseless threads?

5 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Youngzedd(m): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2012
People must surely talk.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by dabossman(m): 8:47am On Oct 21, 2012
Hehehe..., nice jab, even if its below the belt. Personally, I think too many peeps, including you OP, are too attached to your phones. Its just a gadget. It does nothing for your status. That's just an illusion. Get over it.

I even hear some folks say they can't do without their phones. Err, except you are 11 yrs old and under, you once did without it. You still can.

Don't be a phone junkie.

2 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by NEROSKY(m): 8:54am On Oct 21, 2012
blackburial na phone

infact na snail nobi smartphone,,, if u need smartphone go for iphone or symbian OS....period!!

all blackburial users if ur phone never hang dis morning raise ur hand up.............
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Burger01(m): 8:54am On Oct 21, 2012
And this rubbish made front page? BB haters! Why don't you invent something better yourself? Don't hate BB hate the people using it if you can. Next story please.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 21, 2012
Americans and their propaganda. You dont have to bury BlackBerry (Canada) to sell an iPhone (USA).

2 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by LadyWinona: 8:55am On Oct 21, 2012
Am I missing something here? I admit I'm not a phone geek but I do know my math and money management. A friend of mine who bought an android cos she was told it's better than BB spends a 1000 for 200MB. With my BB plan, I spend 1400 for 3GB, which if I'm to calculate is abt 15000 for the same 3GB with an android. Does that even make sense economically? Or is there something I don't know

15 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 21, 2012
Hehehehe! Dis is the silliest post on Nl dis month.
Who told ya bb users are sad?? Do u knw how happy people feel the first time they own a bb??
Believe it or not, BB hav been making peeps happy even before the android and galaxy renovations.

1 Like

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by xtrafly(m): 8:57am On Oct 21, 2012
Oh no... Not again. Am I the only one tired of seeing these blackberry bashing posts on the front page? One of these Mods has to be a blackberry hater... Whatever happened to choice, different strokes for different folks. Every man to his own!
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by jhydebaba(m): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2012
Na wah oh! I wasted my megabtye just to open this stoopid thread only for me to see that it's a bashing on my preferred phone. Thank God I am using a BLACKBERRY which otherwise I will crying for my lost/wasted megabyte now.
Like seriously, if your so called eye abi na nose phone is good why all the hate? Why don't you allow the phone to sell itself? No be una fault sha na d mods I blame because they have to eat garri by all means and the price of garri has gone up in the market.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by iyaayi(f): 9:05am On Oct 21, 2012
mrkels: This is a sponsored post.  remains the best phone with flexible bundles and the best qwerty keypad in nigeria for now, so they can keep spilling the BS, I don't care. Love my  and I aint changing it for nothing.
Same here o! BB or nothing!!!
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by mrhansome12(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2012
Lady Winona: Am I missing something here? I admit I'm not a phone geek but I do know my math and money management. A friend of mine who bought an android cos she was told it's better than BB spends a 1000 for 200MB. With my BB plan, I spend 1400 for 3GB, which if I'm to calculate is abt 15000 for the same 3GB with an android. Does that even make sense economically? Or is there something I don't know
Thanks 2 Airtel u can use their blackberry package subscribtion on any phone but nt many are aware of dis
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by timbros(m): 9:08am On Oct 21, 2012
BB bashing again lol...

*clears the chairs and tables*

*hurrys to one corner with my E5 waiting for the BB guys to show*

Let the war begin!!!!
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by matrixx(m): 9:09am On Oct 21, 2012
eDiot poster.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Samabu07(m): 9:14am On Oct 21, 2012
DanoskyZ: Hehehehe! Dis is the silliest post on Nl dis month.
Who told ya bb users are sad?? Do u knw how happy people feel the first time they own a bb??
Believe it or not, BB hav been making peeps happy even before the android and galaxy renovations.
My childhood friend would always say and I quote, "I love my blackberry more than my girlfriend". So quit hating and get a life dear bb haters
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by quicksylva(m): 9:15am On Oct 21, 2012
@xcitedjay,candieangels12 and other haters of BB, you guys are just noise makers because if you know what Blackberry can do, you all won't be here writing trash. Apart from the office functions BB provides, emails, BBM, internet, etc. Now entertainment, what's the best form of relaxation? For me is watching hollywoods movies, seasonal movies (current movies). I watch most of this movies free, even before it's being premiere on Stv cinemas galleries. The interesting part is with just N500, I get to watch as many movies I can for 1 week thanks to Mtn with their unlimited data plans (who say mtn no dey try, which other network can give you that kind of a plan). For me O, Blackberry still rules.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by johnstar(m): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2012
Youngzedd: People must surely talk.
nd wat ar u doing , looking undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glo 1k Is Now 1G Officially for Android and Non BlackBerry / And I Finally Got My Xiaomi Mi A3 For 45k With Carton / Blackberry Questions Answered Here:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.