Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,465 members, 7,861,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (89049 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2012
ritchboy:

BlueDiva is over the moon! grin grin grin

YAY, i'm excited.
I don't care if we get relegated this season, at least let a manager show effort.
Blab less and be willing to listen to your players. I guess JT and co know more about management than the rookie.

Nateevs, the joke is on you.  tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 3:23pm On Mar 04, 2012
Where is Nateevs? Debosky, please don't give up on Nateevs . . . . . . . . .yet cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2012
debosky:

When outsiders can read RA's actions better than Nateevs, it shows you his opinion is not worth more than toilet paper. cheesy

Nateevs attends all Chelsea's training sessions you know. So he is an insider grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
My only regret is that we left it too late.
I don't know how realistic it is for Chelsea to clinch 4th spot.

I wish AVB all the best in his future endeavors at Academica.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2012
dayokanu:

h[b][size=18pt]A[/size][/b]stala-[b][size=18pt]V[/size][/b]ista [b][size=18pt]B[/size][/b]aby
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by azpekuliar: 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2012
Ibime:

AVB = The right manager at the wrong time. . . .

There is never going to be a right time to appoint the right manager. You either appoint him and let him build and entrench a philosophy at a club or allow shorterm-ism and other associated ills like player power to prevail, period! Im still calculating the real cost of sacking Ancellotti ; £28m pay-off + £13m porto fee + £?m to pay off AVB & Co. + loss of champions league revenue due to not qualifying at end of season for 2012-13 season (about £70m) + ,
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 3:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
Clearly sacking Ancelotti was a terrible decision and I said so at the time - it should never have been done.

Not only did he have CL pedigree, he had pedigree at Chelski with his double winning season - however the trigger happy Abramovich fired him.

Di Matteo at least has more EPL experience (coaching not typing match reports grin) and Chelski pedigree than AVB so he may be able to stem the rot.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2012
Sacking CA was a big mistake.
I realize that now, i mean, the man wasn't bad at all.

Sacking AVB will be a huge financial loss for the club.
Sad but sometimes you have to count your losses as bad investment.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by codedguy1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 04, 2012
AVB just finished his I T grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2012
chamotex:

Nateevs attends all Chelsea's training sessions you know. So he is an insider grin
Gotta give it to you:you were the earliest advocate of sacking that toddler among Chelsea fans.
Now that you have your wish, the question as always remains:where does Chelsea go from here.
Surely this managerial musical chairs cannot go on much longer.
Roman has to look inward and see what he wants for the club long-term.
DiMatteo could rally the team but someone new would likely take over, bringing his own philosophy with him.
I'm thinking Roman might need a little patience with the new full-time guy and draw up some long-term program.

For someone who has been so critical of AVB , you're being rather magnanimous. . . smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=673205.msg8560620#msg8560620

not even surprised - i saw this coming that chelsea would ruin the record of this young manager.

i am willing to bet he won't survive a season in the premier league. villas-boas is an excellent manager but asking him to swim with the sharks in the premier league at this stage is premature. he won't succeed like mourinho because of one single fact - mourinho was given the resources to revamp the squad in the way he wanted. what is villa-boas going to do to the cache of old armoury already in chelsea? sell them and get new ones or he'll just continue to walk with the old dogs?

then there's the issue of the media pressure attached to managing a club like chelsea. . . .the role was bread and butter for jose mourinho. it was something he craved even before coming to england. is villas-boas that kind of man? will he act normal when skysports journalists stick their mics in his face after a bad loss? will he cope or sink under pressure like scolari did? these are the issues. chelsea will ruin this charismatic excellent manager cos if he fails to succeed, his stock will sink and it will be damn too unfortunate.

nateevs is frustrated. . . .

i hope the mods keep this thread safe till the next 12 months when we will be discussing villas-boas performance after one season - we could be discussing his departure as well. i trust nateevs though to cook more excuses. lethargic reasons like qpr's win ratio was better than chelsea's or villas-boas slept with roman's mistress and all sorts of nonsense

fear? he will be another ferguson's bi[i]t[/i]ch . . .roman keeps signing them, fergie keeps beating them and getting them sacked. the only people you can use the word fear for are the fans of arsenal, man city, tottenham, etc. . . .i support man utd and my team has won more league titles than chelsea since the roman revolution that have spent over £1 billion on chelsea.

no one here is saying villas-boas is not good enough. . . .he is an excellent manager but not suited for chelsea with the quick fire and tyrannical approach roman deploys when there's a little title drought. in any other club willing to build a squad for a short period, the young manager will excel 100%. with chelsea, where titles are meant to be delivered immediately regardless of the shape and balance of the squad, it's almost impossible.

villas-boas is an excellent manager - he pays attention to every detail. i saw one of his leaked scouting report for jose mourinho when they once worked for chelsea and boy-o-boy, i am yet to see a more detailed pre-match analysis showing the strengths n weakness of their opponent(newcastle). chelsea ended up winning 3-0.

the only glitch here is. . . . . .will chelsea create an enabling environment for this man to thrive? in any other club in the top 5, i will be very wary of what villas-boas will add but @ chelsea, i don't think so. the question of power player is there(john terry, frank lampard, drogba), then there's the owner who behaves like a tyrant and there are other issues as well.

i can't wait for next season. . . . .it looks promising already
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2012
I want to believe that sacking AVB was just to show displeasure with his style.
RDM himself is also a rookie.

I don't know if the season would be salvaged, i mean Wenger is no fool.
He is an excellent manager who wouldn't want the advantage to slip from his grip.

However, i look forward to a future without AVB in it.
I expect some dead players to go and i expect we would hire an experienced manager.

I expect we would mount a serious challenge next season if we can build the right team.
A team with experience and youth side by side.

I might be critical of Torres and call him all sorts of names.
I want Torres at Chelsea next season. With good nurturing from a decent manager, FT will pick up.
Very unlikely we will get the old FT but i expect some returns from the investment made on him.

Sacking AVB is not a magic wand that will restore the season.
However, i sincerely believe it is a very good move.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2012
StarBoard:

Gotta give it to you:you were the earliest advocate of sacking that toddler among Chelsea fans.
Now that you have your wish, the question as always remains:where does Chelsea go from here.
Surely this managerial musical chairs cannot go on much longer.
Roman has to look inward and see what he wants for the club long-term.
DiMatteo could rally the team but someone new would likely take over, bringing his own philosophy with him.
I'm thinking Roman might need a little patience with the new full-time guy and draw up some long-term program.

For someone who has been so critical of AVB , you're being rather magnanimous. . . smiley

They said he'd won the treble with Porto the season before including the Europa League blah blah blah.
FBS, Nateevs and a few other Chelsea fans attacked me when I implied the Premier League is a different ball game.
To be honest, I didn't think he would get the sack this early but due to recent events I am not surprised by his exit.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2012
Waiting for nateevs speech.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 4:09pm On Mar 04, 2012
BlueDiva:

I want to believe that sacking AVB was just to show displeasure with his style.
RDM himself is also a rookie.

I don't know if the season would be salvaged, i mean Wenger is no fool.
He is an excellent manager who wouldn't want the advantage to slip from his grip.

However, i look forward to a future without AVB in it.
I expect some dead players to go and i expect we would hire an experienced manager.

I expect we would mount a serious challenge next season if we can build the right team.
A team with experience and youth side by side.

I might be critical of Torres and call him all sorts of names.
I want Torres at Chelsea next season. With good nurturing from a decent manager, FT will pick up.
Very unlikely we will get the old FT but i expect some returns from the investment made on him.

Sacking AVB is not a magic wand that will restore the season.
However, i sincerely believe it is a very good move.

chelsea fc is a joke and i can bet if chelsea don't get rid of the mafians in the club(drogba, lampard, terry, ashley cole), the club would never progress.
it's a damn shame that roman abramovic allowed these players to have so much power to do and undo @ chelsea.
if they don't like a manager irrespective of the form of these players, they call roman up to yap yiddy yadda about the manager, they then put up shoddy performances that would result in 3 wins in 12 games which would then get the manager sacked.

how many managers has roman sacked now since he bought chelsea?
ranieri, mourinho, grant, scolari, ancelotti, villas-boas and i am sure di matteo won't last 8 moons before he gets replaced.
how does one manage a club like this in the 21st century.
the dumbest owner on planet earth is the russian billionaire.

it is on a day like this i am thankful to the glazers. . . .they might have piled up debt on man utd but they don't interfere with the football matters in the club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 4:11pm On Mar 04, 2012
Quote from Nateevs on June 21st

Naysayers like Debosky and Sharon will come back saying "we knew he was brilliant, we were only speculating". I am bookmarking this page as I speak.

Abramovic triggers a manager's buy-out-clause of 15m (the most expensive in living memory) and you think he will tell him, "Dude all the money for transfer went into bringing you here".

You think AVB (and I like that by the way) will leave Porto where he is adored, loved by the fans and players and take a risk with a big job without having a guarantee of certain transfer targets to help with his goal.

[size=14pt]Chamotex believes if he doesn't deliver, he will be sacked. What in your definition is "deliver"? [/size]

Dude will have poo loads of money to spend (not that I like that). And average managers like Avram Grant have proven that you may need a great deal of tactical input to finish in the top four. Let alone someone who has worked with a core of the players, worked in the league, knows the league and scouted opposition teams and managers  for several years. Plus someone who is tactically sound, young, fresh and plays good football.

Goodness, he knows the already how Wenger and Fergie play even before he signed.

Nateevs, please define 'deliver' in your own words? grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
azpekuliar:

There is never going to be a right time to appoint the right manager. You either appoint him and let him build and entrench a philosophy at a club or allow shorterm-ism and other associated ills like player power to prevail, period! Im still calculating the real cost of sacking Ancellotti ; £28m pay-off + £13m porto fee + £?m to pay off AVB & Co. + loss of champions league revenue due to not qualifying at end of season for 2012-13 season (about £70m) + ,

In the real world, if you have an asset you cannot sell, you collect rents from it until you can sell it.

There was never going to be a revolution at Chelsea due to the fact that our players are too well paid to shift.

It takes a manager with a wise head to get the best out of these players.

Whilst we were waiting for our old heads to wind down their contract so we can rebuild the team, RA was busy adding unshiftable toxic assets like Torres to the team.

I hope your guys in your local viewing centre told you this!  tongue

Chelsea has spent £100m in the last year without improving the squad one jolt - Torres, Luiz, Meireles and Ramires. In any other team, £100m would rebuild the whole first 11.

The new manager does not only have to see the old brigade through to their end. . . he has to see out these duds.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
Ibime:

The new manager does not only have to see the old brigade through to their end. . . he has to see out these duds.

i would tear up the contracts of drogba, lampard, kalou, ashley cole, bosingwa. . . .
john terry is the only old dog i would leave in the squad with the hope that he can tattoo the ethos of the club on the brains of the new recruits.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
AVB is the new messiah.
Hmmm. . .we shall see.

Let him perform or he would be shown the gate too.
Roman dont give a shyte about how much he spent in buying hm
out.

I said that in June when everyone was praising AVB.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/action-profile/u-287397/sa-showPosts/start-608
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
i would tear up the contracts of drogba, lampard, kalou, ashley cole, bosingwa. . . .
john terry is the only old dog i would leave in the squad with the hope that he can tattoo the ethos of the club on the brains of the new recruits.

Abrahamovic interferes too much, i agree.
He has made mistakes in the past but sacking the rookie ain't no mistake.

The old players gave us the double less than 24mths ago.
You don't completely throw out the old, you do it gradually.

In the next few seasons all the old players will be history. It is inevitable.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2012
BlueDiva:

Abrahamovic interferes too much, i agree.
He has made mistakes in the past but sacking the rookie ain't no mistake.

The old players gave us the double less than 24mths ago.
You don't completely throw out the old, you do it gradually.

In the next few seasons all the old players will be history. It is inevitable.

24 months ago is a long time for players who are on the wrong side of 30.
drogba of 2 yrs ago is not the same drogba. same as lampard, malouda, terry, cech, essien, ashley cole, ivanovic, etc.
you cannot expect them to deliver the same set of results after 2 massive years. not every player does yoga like ryan giggs to keep fit.

if they were in their mid-20s when they delivered the double, then your theory would make sense.
the difference between age 31 and 33 is equivalent to age 21 and 29.
once they hit 30, they lose a yardage of pace per year. . . . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2012
Coogar, i get your point.
However, we have greatly mixed the team with youth this season

Cech
Iva Luiz Terry Cole
Ramires Meireles Lamps
DS FT Mata

The team has been blended with enough young blood to perform.
I won't blame the players, i'd blame AVB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2012
haa coogar na u dey talk like dis? ok o grin
anyways where is lateefu now? his enemies hav bin crucyfying him in absentia here,lets hear him out first maybe his inside sources hav an explanation for all dt happened tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2012
It's me against the world. . . .  grin grin grin

AVB sacked. Another one gone. Yet again.
Players will raise their game and go on a roll.
The inevitability is delayed. Yet again!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
nateevs:

It's me against the world. . . . grin grin grin

not really. . . . .it's just that you didn't really address the core problems of working at chelsea.
villas-boas would have been successful in mid-table teams like fulham, stoke, west brom where the immediate pressure to deliver is non-existent and where he won't be compared to jose mourinho.

only established managers can work at chelsea.
managers who have won it all and who can tell lampard to kneel down with his hands raised.
only few managers have that clout - villas boas isn't one of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by AndreUweh(m): 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
We have sacked a manager who was hired to revamp the team. What a wrong move. Chelsea hierarchy would have been patient and allowed him to revamp this our team that is a spent force.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2012
What Da Pøll Says On Chelsea Next Gaffer :

Rafa Benitez - 5/4 The former Liverpool and Inter
boss heads the betting at 5/4.
His experience in England may
not have ended on the highest note but his experience of winning the Champions League trophy back in 2005 may
certainly catch the eye of
Chelsea owner Roman
Abramovich.

Jose Mourinho - 7/2 Spotted house hunting in the capital this week and with rumours that Mourinho may be
looking to move on from current club Real Madrid at the end of the season he is next in the betting at 7/2. The Portuguese has stated his desire to return to England at some point in his career but would he make the move back to
Stamford Bridge after the way his relationship broke down when he was last in charge?

Roberto Di Matteo - 9/2 Placed in temporary charge until the end of the season, the former Chelsea player had been part of Villas-Boas' backroom staff and he does have Premier League experience with West Bromwich Albion. With time left to prove himself this season, could the Italian be ready to take on
the permanent role when the
summer arrives?

Pep Guardiola - 5/1 The current Barcelona manager
looks unlikely to retain the
Spanish league title with the
Catalan giants this season after falling well behind leaders Real
Madrid, but could his next managerial move be to England?
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by azpekuliar: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
Ibime:

In the real world, if you have an asset you cannot sell, you collect rents from it until you can sell it.

There was never going to be a revolution at Chelsea due to the fact that our players are too well paid to shift.

Whilst we were waiting for our old heads to wind down their contract so we can rebuild the team, RA was busy adding unshiftable toxic assets like Torres to the team.

Chelsea has spent £100m in the last year without improving the squad one jolt - Torres, Luiz, Meireles and Ramires. In any other team, £100m would rebuild the whole first 11. 

You sound so pseud!tongue Trying to draw parallels between the real world and the football world. Only an alien would look for similarities. Just in case you've missed it, UEFA attempts to put football back into the 'real world' with FFP. 

Whats the talk about 'revolution'. Last time I checked, revolution meant 'sudden violent change'. I would rather the team evolve. Which is what you imply when you hand a manager a 3-year project to rebuild, and back him to achieve that goal. 

Even if we spent that much within the last one year, a situation were someone comes in and picks a cheque for 3-years work while only actually working for few months, a sustainable way to run a club? Knowing each new manager will deem certain erstwhile players unfit for his philosophy and itch to sign his own players. So one problem now begets the other, high managerial turnover and subsequntly players who assume the  'toxic' and 'dud' status
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by azpekuliar: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
Ibime:

You sound so pseud!tongue Trying to draw parallels between the real world and the football world. Only an alien would look for similarities. Just in case you've missed it, UEFA attempts to put football back into the 'real world' with FFP. 

Whats the talk about 'revolution'. Last time I checked, revolution meant 'sudden violent change'. I would rather the team evolve. Which is what you imply when you hand a manager a 3-year project to rebuild, and back him to achieve that goal. 

Even if we spent that much within the last one year, a situation were someone comes in and picks a cheque for 3-years work while only actually working for few months, a sustainable way to run a club? Knowing each new manager will deem certain erstwhile players unfit for his philosophy and itch to sign his own players. So one problem now begets the other, high managerial turnover and subsequntly players who assume the  'toxic' and 'dud' status
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2012
A few weeks back AVB was telling us how he doesnt need the backing of his players as long as he has The owners backing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by FBS: 10:42pm On Mar 04, 2012
shay na like this e go be?
So no more "high blocks,low blocks and middle blocks?" and what will to the "project" now.
Ogbeni RA you try ooh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (101)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.