Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano (12870 Views)

‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals / 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout / 16 MASSOB Members Killed, 83 Injured, 500 Arrested In Raid Of MASSOB Offices ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 19, 2011
this is a good news,

imagine d number of people the would have blessed with their weapons dis xmass, undecided undecided
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by ocelot2006(m): 10:29am On Dec 19, 2011
@ shwyguy, you were asked to provide proof that the Muslims up north support Boko Haram. I'm also interested in this "proof" of yours cos I currently live and work in the NE, and I can confidently say that the Muslims equally dread and despise the activities of BH. Muslims are equally being killed here.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by kenjudy(m): 10:36am On Dec 19, 2011
Many fasts and pray everyday to God for help, Soon and very soon, prayer answers will be fully complete, Glory be to God and peace of good will!
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by aminu150(m): 10:46am On Dec 19, 2011
baslone:

grin grin grin grin

A place populated by moslems!! Where them wan get liver!!!

I trust aboki's!!
. im 100 percent sure its muslims dat pursued them away. why do some people act ignorantly? you think kano is populated by christians thats y you think they chased them away. think before you write. nonsense
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by aminu150(m): 10:46am On Dec 19, 2011
baslone:

grin grin grin grin

I trust aboki's!!
. im 100 percent sure its muslims dat pursued them away. why do some people act ignorantly? you think kano is populated by christians thats y you think they chased them away. think before you write. nonsense
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by soloj1(m): 10:55am On Dec 19, 2011
''@ shwyguy, you were asked to provide proof that the Muslims up north support Boko Haram. I'm also interested in this "proof" of yours cos I currently live and work in the NE, and I can confidently say that the Muslims equally dread and despise the activities of BH. Muslims are equally being killed here.''

You really want proofs? How about I  have not heard nor seen a headline that says - ''3 Mosques rased, 5 soldiers killed, 2 banks bombed, Police Headquarters levelled, '', [b]
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by worm(f): 10:56am On Dec 19, 2011
If these guys think they can come to Kano and do this then they really have guts. Kano is not Maiduguri.

FACT:
Kano is a centre of Commerce. There are businessmen in kano who will always be on guard and ready to face this Boko madness to protect their businesses. So if they think they will come to Kano with this poo let them think again!

The Kano Governor is a baaad guy. He will wipe them off like they did in the 80s with Maitatsine.

Slogan: "Kano tunbin giwa ko da me kazo an fika" meaning: "whatever new thing you brought into kano (whether it is good or bad) they are already masters in that aspect"
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2011
MAN SHOT DOWN BY Rihanna
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by worm(f): 11:02am On Dec 19, 2011
solo.j:

''@ shwyguy, you were asked to provide proof that the Muslims up north support Boko Haram. I'm also interested in this "proof" of yours cos I currently live and work in the NE, and I can confidently say that the Muslims equally dread and despise the activities of BH. Muslims are equally being killed here.''

You really want proofs? How about I  have not heard nor seen a headline that says - ''3 Mosques rased, 5 soldiers killed, 2 banks bombed, Police Headquarters levelled, '', [b]

^^
stop spewing poo please.

The last time i checked the socalled Boko haram sect called themselve muslims too.
Attacking mosques is the last thing they will do and if you think that automatically translate to Muslims supporting them then i pity you.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by rawtruth(m): 11:07am On Dec 19, 2011
ATTENTION BROS! Boko Haram has penetrated the nomadic cattle herders by buying and supplying them with all types of arms, including RPGs. Most of the so-called Fulani cattle nomads are foreigners with links to the sect and al-qaeda. The sustained attacks on farming populations in the Middle-Belt has been commandeered by the sect, with the unwitting support of the Miyeti Allah Cattle Breeders Association Of Nigeria (MACABAN), whose membership is made up of prominent individuals from the north. Right now, these foreign cattle herders and their Nigerian conspirators are visiting mayhem on Tiv farmers in parts of Nassarwawa and Benue states. All the affected areas have been deserted and the nomads are now freely grazing on farm lands and destroying food crops. It is a major crisis that has remained under-reported because of the Fulani union's capacity to stifle the spread of such news through connivance with some top officials sympathetic to them. A somalia is in the making in this country!
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by PHIPEX(m): 11:21am On Dec 19, 2011
Oh Lord, may this Christmas gift continue!
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by worm(f): 11:26am On Dec 19, 2011
Written by Naija Pundit on 19 December 2011.
Following the attacks in Kwa, Kano state, by suspected members of the Boko Haram sect, on Thursday and Friday last week, the locals have risen up against the set and have undertaken a massive man hunt against the sect.

A local vigilante group in Darmanawa Quarters, Ungwan Uku in Kano, Kano state had combed some houses and had found tapes of the late Mohammed Yusuf in the house of one Yunusa Ahmed. Upon further search, they found a car already rigged with improvised explosive devices apparently meant to be used for a suicide bombing. The car (pictured above) if used in an attack would have killed multiples of people.

Yunusa had been engaged in a shoot out with the police who were on a reconnaissance mission to his house. Upon being aware of the reconnaissance, Yunusa had alerted members of the sect living with and around him who had launched an attack on the police killing two policemen on the spot and one other when the police called for reinforcement.

When there was a lull in the gun duel, Yunusa had escaped from the building upon which the locals engaged him in hot pursuit eventually overtaking and apprehending him.

Bomb making equipments and wires were also found in Yunusa's house.

Information retrieved from Yunusa was also used to get other members of the sect who had fled their own states after making it ungovernable with the aim to do same to Kano state.

In the home of one of Yunusa's colleagues, Mohammed Ali, at Darnamawa Quarters, another intended suicide bombing car (Honda) loaded with 50 litres of petrol and 50 kg cylinders was discovered as well as bomb making machines and gun powder.

Several AK-47s rifles were also found along with ammonia based chemicals and other incendiary materials used in making bombs.

The raids in Kano were proactively initiated by Kano indigenes though the police were eventually called in after discoveries were made.

Apparently, the people of Kano are on edge after the Boko Haram sect released a letter stating that their next target in their jihad against Nigeria was Kano which they intend to make as ungovernable as they have done to Maiduguri. In their letter, emailed to news men by one Muhammad Abubakar Shekau described as a spiritual head of the sect, Boko Haram promised to wage jihad against Nigeria "until her present constitution is abrogated, her democracy suspended and a full fledged Islamic state established".

I found this somewhere.

All those doubting if civilians were actually involved in the raid.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by rawtruth(m): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2011
@PHIPEX,
               I hope you are referring to the 'gift' of disintegration being prepared with zeal by the Arab/Fulani Islamists of the north? Well if it is what you mean, I agree with you, what a bloody 'gift'!
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by sheyguy: 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2011
solo.j:

u must be joking cos i was serving in toro LGA ,bauchi when this whole thing started and i witnessed it first hand how local rose to Bh support during one prominent attack, some of the more recent attack reported in the media even indicated their support for bh. I dont know what part of se u live in oh but u sound immarture here even though u tried to do the opp.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by sheyguy: 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
solo.j:

u must be joking cos i was serving in toro LGA ,bauchi when this whole thing started and i witnessed it first hand how local rose to Bh support during one prominent attack, some of the more recent attack reported in the media even indicated their support for bh. I dont know what part of se u live in oh but u sound immarture here even though u tried to do the opp.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
sheyguy:

Sheyguy, abeg no vex o, how on earth did media report indicate muslims' support for boko haram?
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by worm(f): 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2011
sheyguy:

I mentioned before that these Boko Haram guys call themselves muslims too. No true Muslim who knows the teachings of Islam will support terrorism or suicide bombing, period. There are bad eggs in every religion so you go ahead and say whatever you like! shocked

A guy asked here on nairaland why people like Sultan are keeping mute on the boko saga. The answer is simple: His position is more of political than spiritual. Speaking against boko will be a political suicide.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by baslone: 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2011
I wonder why d.aft people always expect replies!
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by adamaw2tuf: 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
HAAAH HAAAH HAAAH! ONE ALHJ_HARAM WONT LIKE NEWS OF THIS NATURE AT ALL,AS THIS IS A FAILED "IMPORTANT JIHAD MISSION" WHICH HE WAS HOPING TO CELEBRATE WITH A MASSIVE SPLIFF OF GANJA. ANYWAY LL SEE IF HE LL COME ONLINE TO MAKE SOME OF HIS DEVILISH ARGUMENTS TO DEFEND THE BOKOHERDSMEN THE WAY HE ALWAYS DO AGAINST THE TIVS AND BERON AND OTHERS.OR LL HE SHAMEFULLY COME OUT IN A CROCODILE STYLE OF DISGUISING OR DECEIVING UNSUSPECTING PEOPLE TO PUT A BRAVE LOOK ON HIS UGLY FACE IN THE HOPE FOR THE NEXT ATTACK "IMPORTANT MISSION".
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by kulgee001(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2011
baslone:

grin grin grin grin

I trust aboki's!!

help me tell Mr. blackteeth ooo, if nothing gud will come out of ur mouth plz kindly keep it shut. No wonder your teeth black. Its housed in a gutter
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by islamrules(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2011
Its like Kano is not ready to house boko-haram. Like those stupid and psychotic maiduguri people.

Boko-haram dont have any power if you dont provide them shelter!
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by lecanno: 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2011
interesting development cool
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2011
Boko Haram coming to Kano will be their down fall ,that is, if they are not already down.  Kano is the center of Northern Nigeria in everything. The home of Dangote, Dantata, Shekarau and other heavy weights. And Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was Ex Defence minister in the Obasanjo administration and a no nonsense man.

If Kano goes, so goes the North. Did I mention that there are big time Igbo businessmen in Kano as well? Central bank of Nigeria has regional branch their as other banks as well.  Kano natives are the most educated set of Hausa's with huge markets like Kofar Ruwa, Kofar Wambe, Bata, Sabon Gari Market, largest textile market in Nigeria and so on - where other northern states including Nigerien's come to buy goods with an International airport that is undergoing huge renovation. 

I speak with many Kano natives and they will give BH a run for their money.  In fact, when BH held maidugiri at ransom, many of their civilians came to Kano to seek refuge. I saw them.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by nagoma(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
Christains were probably the members of the public who pursued the suspects. Doubt if a single muslim was involved

EEDIOT! angry
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Guardian(m): 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2011
What ever they do as long as they keep it to there Northern territory Am OK. They can fire themselves, burn, blow up , whatever.

Any other Nigerian that feels threatened has the right to move out of the trouble zone. Let Northerners Slaughter themselves in Northern States. I pray the Emirs to continue watching thinking it's none of their business.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by nagoma(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2011
I mentioned before that these Boko Haram guys call themselves muslims too. No true Muslim who knows the teachings of Islam will support terrorism or suicide bombing, period. There are bad eggs in every religion so you go ahead and say whatever you like!

Very true and the Pastor who uses his joystick for the deliverance of troubled women is also a christian , or so he says. You may believe him if you so wish.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-827510.0.html
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by AfroBlue(m): 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2011
Newsflash, BH has nothing to do with true Islam. These crews are str8 up criminals organized and financed by politicians or others and have been wrecking havoc in 9ja all during an Islamic holy month. Robbing banks, killing innocents, destroying Mosques should have been a clue to rational thinkers. Instead folks are ready to have a civil war or split up the country. Colonists have all the guns and bullets you need to satisfy their war lust.

Sorry about the Wiki link but I don't like to type, especially when the idea has already been formulated in good form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muharram

Muharram (Arabic: المحرّم) is the first month of the Islamic calendar. It is one of the four sacred months of the year in which fighting is prohibited.[1] Since the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar, Muharram moves from year to year when compared with the Gregorian calendar.
Muharram is so called because it is unlawful to fight during this month, the word is derived from the word haraam, meaning "forbidden". It is held to be the most sacred of all the months, excluding Ramadan. Some Muslims fast during these days. The tenth day of Muharram is the Day of Ashura, which to Shia Muslims is part of the Mourning of Muharram.

AH First day (CE / AD) Last day (CE / AD)
1431 18 December 2009 15 January 2010
1432   7 December 2010   4 January 2011
1433 26 November 2011 25 December 2011
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Akintola11(m): 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2011
A real in-depth article detailing the terror of BOKO HARAM-------> A must read, www.thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/boko-haram.com
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by dejust(m): 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2011
It is enough xmas and new year gift from police to Nigerians, kudos to them. May God grant those security agents that lost their lives in the process eternal life Amen.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
@Afroblue,
A lot of the people who claim that Boko Haram has the backing of Muslims are quite aware that politicians are the ones behind the terrorist group.
They know, deep in their hearts but still come on a public forum to spoil the reputation of muslims with their utterances.
But thanks for trying to help though.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by humblebee: 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2011
Guardian:

What ever they do as long as they keep it to there Northern territory Am OK. They can fire themselves, burn, blow up , whatever.

Any other Nigerian that feels threatened has the right to move out of the trouble zone. Let Northerners Slaughter themselves in Northern States. I pray the Emirs to continue watching thinking it's none of their business.

and you think this is a wise thing to say?
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2011
Fading

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread / Impeachment: APC May Expel Lawmakers Loyal To Agboola, Ondo Deputy Governor / Uzodinma Commiserates With Families Of Those Killed By Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.