Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died (7662 Views)

Kim Jong-un EXECUTES His Defence Minister By Anti-aircraft Fire - For Dozing Off / Kim Jong-un Of North-korea Executes Ex-girlfriend Publicly / North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Delafruita(m): 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2011
Moderator,you really don't know your job.if you did,you wouldn't have allowed this topic unto the forum at all talkless of it getting to the front page.say what you like about kim jong but the reality is visible on the streets of pyongyang where the people are sorrowful at the demise of their leader.even if the people are rejoicing at his demise,nairaland should at least potray neutrality because all manner of people visit this forum including north koreans.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by texazzpete(m): 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2011
maasoap:

I'm of the opinion that the man achieved his goal before his demise and really brought respect for his country. It's not a new thing to see many zombie Nigerians who can't think freely but always regurgitating whatever America vomit. Can America, Israel and EU put together use their military might to threaten North Korea today? The answer is simple NO. Hunger and poverty in North Korea? We that are not nuclear armed, are we better than them socio-economically? At least, their leader made sure he won them the respect of the powerful nations before he died. RIP.

The first duty of a leader is to ensure his people are adequately taken care of, not to curry or demand the respect of other nations.

Onyocha:

and who are those people he killed?

is Nairaland the official mouthpiece of american foreign policy and propaganda in nigeria?

did the north korean leader killed more people than George Bush?

would we see a celebratory front page headline when George Bush dies?

the north korean leader did not attack any country during his time unlike Bush.he led his country with iron fists to the displeasure of the west and their schemes of exploitation.but you just cant say he killed people.and even if he did,as a president you do not tolerate people who try to distabilize your rule and scatter the peace in your country.is there any president under whose reign people are not killed?

Were you under a rock when his North Korean troops torpedoed a South Korean vessel, killing tens of soldiers? Were you in a coma during the infrequent border clashes between north and South Korea, invariably sparked by North Korea?

Was it 'American propaganda' when the North Korea 'test-fired' a ballistic missile across japanese territory?

Is it 'American propaganda' that cellphones are forbidden to most North Korean people? Was the food aid North Korea forced many countries to give them just 'American propaganda'?

The man was an evil man whose death makes the world a better place. Feel free to express similar sentiments when Bush dies. No matter if you insist that Bush and Obama are evil, it does not change the fact that this fellow is dead smiley
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by justwise(m): 1:28pm On Dec 19, 2011
texazzpete:

The first duty of a leader is to ensure his people are adequately taken care of, not to curry or demand the respect of other nations.

Were you under a rock when his North Korean troops torpedoed a South Korean vessel, killing tens of soldiers? Were you in a coma during the infrequent border clashes between north and South Korea, invariably sparked by North Korea?

Was it 'American propaganda' when the North Korea 'test-fired' a ballistic missile across japanese territory?

Is it 'American propaganda' that cellphones are forbidden to most North Korean people? Was the food aid North Korea forced many countries to give them just 'American propaganda'?

The man was an evil man whose death makes the world a better place. Feel free to express similar sentiments when Bush dies. No matter if you insist that Bush and Obama are evil, it does not change the fact that this fellow is dead smiley

Thank you!!!, don't mind some Nigerians, they are quick to blame America and praise a dictator. The same Nigerians who gave thanksgivings in church when Abacha died, double standard at its best.

Mod thanks for bringing this to front page, no dictator deserve sympathy at all.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by justwise(m): 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2011
Delafruita:

Moderator,you really don't know your job.if you did,you wouldn't have allowed this topic unto the forum at all talkless of it getting to the front page.say what you like about kim jong but the reality is visible on the streets of pyongyang where the people are sorrowful at the demise of their leader.even if the people are rejoicing at his demise,nairaland should at least potray neutrality because all manner of people visit this forum including north koreans.

Nairaland is a privately owned website, its not representing any govt or political party, there is not need to be diplomatic here, people have the right to air their views about issues without being told how to do it.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by cheekswat(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2011
Says who? Their problems may have just started if his third son, who's in his 20's is anything like his father. I've been following the thread and the comparison btw Bush and Kim. I don't know abt u but i will prefer a president like bush to a kim anytime anyday. Let's look at it this way, a president's first loyalty is to his pple. We may blame american presidents all we like, but they all have sometng in common, wch is the 'we only' component that makes the country great. They defend and fight for the interest of their country and its pple to a fault. Every thing we blame an american president for is alws done, albeit selfishly, bt in d interest of his country. When they are on that seat, they are only sbheming for america. Unlike a kim whose pple have remained poor under the shackles of govt policies. While its korean counterpart, south korea has flourished, north korea has trampled on d rights of its citizens. Infrastructure, public services, education, health care have been abysmal cos the military gt more allocation than all others combined.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2011
Delafruita:

Moderator,you really don't know your job.if you did,you wouldn't have allowed this topic unto the forum at all talkless of it getting to the front page.say what you like about kim jong [b]but the reality is visible on the streets of pyongyang where the people are sorrowful at the demise of their leader.[/b]even if the people are rejoicing at his demise,nairaland should at least potray neutrality because all manner of people visit this forum including north koreans.
grin grin grin grin
I have not even gone to any major news channel today to see what they are saying about his death but if people are actually crying, I doubt that those crying have any idea what type of suffering they were facing under his rule seeing as how they were heavily restricted from accessing information from the outside world and so would not be able to differentiate extreme suffering from good standard of living.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by OCCULTIST(m): 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2011
Another Dictator is gone under President Obama. Now, he doesn't even use drones or seal team six anymore; He takes them out with his magic powers.

God Bless Obama - he has done more for this world in his time than any other president EVER! He will go down in history as the noblest, strongest, blackest president and American nations first true leader.

Jong-un has the intelligence and leadership
skills that make him suitable to succeed his father. He also has ruthless streak he would need to rule North
Korea. The sins of the father shall be visited upon the son.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by islamrules(m): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2011
But, his death doesnt solve the problem on ground.

North korea still remains the nuclear armed hostile repressive communist state.

THose communist councils are still there!

No point in celebrating his death!
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by cap28: 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
my mind boggles at how far gone this poster is - what is there to rejoice about?

At least NOrth Korea did not end up as a third world puppet state manipulated by america and europe.

what has nigeria gained from its relationship with america and europe ?

I'll tell you misery, mass poverty, mass unemployment, mass transfer of nigeria's wealth into the hands of the IMF, world bank and the international oil companies.

NOrth Korea fought and defended its sovereignty valiantly and is a nation that america and europe will always fear and respect unlike nigeria.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Onyocha: 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2011
texazzpete:

i dont care how many south korean soldiers have died.north and south korea are enemies.fighting themselves and killing soldiers is not new in war.that is not enough to make kim jong il evil.

you still have not told me of the people/civilians he killed as bush did through his wars.

you mentioned japan and south korea both of whom are enemies to the north koreans.then you are so ridiculous to mention about cell phones.

its not like i think bush is evil.he is evil and a war criminal.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by islamrules(m): 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2011
i dont care how many south korean soldiers have died.north and south korea are enemies.fighting themselves and killing soldiers is not new in war.that is not enough to make kim jong il evil.

you still have not told me of the people/civilians he killed as bush did through his wars.

you mentioned japan and south korea both of whom are enemies to the north koreans.then you are so ridiculous to mention about cell phones.

its not like i think bush is evil.he is evil and a war criminal.

This Japan and South Korea u are emphasizing on. How many times have they fires at North Korea since 20 years ? If your answer is NONE, then that says much about who u are!
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Limaoscar: 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2011
A young inexperienced 20 something year old rookie running a nuclear armed state?
What 'll the white haired army generals do? Let's see what tommorow brings.

emmm, not quite, His more Experienced Older Uncle will be running the show/calling the shots from behind the scenes while the young man will continue to learn the ropes and act as figure head until He is matured into the Role.

The way the boy looks though if it's only for KFC, Mc D etc, He will make friends with America Sharp sharp if you leave power to Him cheesy cheesy
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by juman(m): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2011
Finally the elephant fell down.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Delafruita(m): 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
@justwise
Does been a private forum automatically mean you have permission to make any comment no matter how defaming they might be?nairaland prides itself as been a neutral forum that allows people air their opinions via their posts.its a different thing when the topic of the thread is already tilted towards a particular viewpoint.when we express freedom of speech,we should learn to express it within the ambit of moral reasoning.a lot of foreigners form their opinion of nigeria via nairaland which should highlight the importance of the content of thread headings
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Dec 19, 2011
Delafruita:

@justwise
Does been a private forum automatically mean you have permission to make any comment no matter how defaming they might be?nairaland prides itself as been a neutral forum that allows people air their opinions via their posts.its a different thing when the topic of the thread is already tilted towards a particular viewpoint.when we express freedom of speech,we should learn to express it within the ambit of moral reasoning.a lot of foreigners form their opinion of nigeria via nairaland which should highlight the importance of the content of thread headings

Nairaland presents balanced view of thought provoking issues, the title is quiet in order and thousands of people around the world share the same view.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Delafruita(m): 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2011
@justwise
The fact that billions of people share a view doesn't make that view right.the headings sounds to me and obviously to thousands of people all over the world,like a jubilation occasioned by the demise of the leader of a nation.even japanese and south korean fora didn't use such expression and those are supposed to be their main enemies
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by tlops(m): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2011
every one is on alert now! china, Us, s. Korea
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2011
Delafruita:

@justwise
The fact that billions of people share a view doesn't make that view right.the headings sounds to me and obviously to thousands of people all over the world,like a jubilation occasioned by the demise of the leader of a nation.even japanese and south korean fora didn't use such expression and those are supposed to be their main enemies

Any view shared by billions of people should be taken seriously, those countries close to North Korea keep their views close to their chest because expressing it openly could result in another missile been fired as they did today.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Naledi14(f): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
The west has killed more people than all dictators combined its was probably thr hand in kims death. I dont know why people still choose to be blind to this these days thr not even trying hard to hide thr BS they are really trying thr best to prepare the world for the new world order. Some people are like sheep just follow follow just cuz western media shows kim in bad light he must have been the worst thing ever Gosh im just so tired of brainwashed monkeys. People please try to look at things from different perspectives question things dont just take what you are feed.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2011
Naledi14:

The west has killed more people than all dictators combined its was probably thr hand in kims death. I dont know why people still choose to be blind to this these days thr not even trying hard to hide thr BS they are really trying thr best to prepare the world for the new world order. Some people are like sheep just follow follow just cuz western media shows kim in bad light he must have been the worst thing ever Gosh im just so tired of brainwashed monkeys. People please try to look at things from different perspectives question things dont just take what you are feed.

If i were you i will considerate on stopping China from dictating South African's foreign policy or who to issue visa to.

The west send heart attach to kill Kim Jong-il? Bloody muppet calling others monkey.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by lastpage: 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2011
@Mobinga
In essence your saying its okay for the mods to head a thread, Ojukwu is dead. Thank God. It's offensive to one out of two parties.

There should be neutrality.

This just personifies the unintelligence of most Nigerians.

Thanks very much for the above post, its very apt and concise!

I am too shocked to even say anything further, reading all the tripe that some half-educated illiterates have typed here!
"Decency and Decorum in a public forum" dictates that you dont "openly rejoice" when the President of another country dies.
You might not like him (and you cant hate him more than the American or Israeli  leaders and you dont even hear them make such foolish pronunciation, PUBLICLY!) but DIPLOMACY AND MATURITY demands that you control your personal feelings. Even the Bible says we should mourn with those who are mourning!

I dont even want to go into the justification or otherwise,  of his "foreign policy and actions", as a President. (if we had a President half his type, Nigeria wont be as it is today) but suffice to say HE PROTECTED HIS COUNTRY AND HIS CITIZENS TO THE CORE. Period!

Cheers,

Lastpage
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by antartica(m): 9:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
The north koreans are hypnotized by ignorance.That murderfucker successfully kept them in the dark and giving them no choice of knowing otherwise.They probably really missed him.

Same hypnotism nigerians are going through but on a different degree and frequency.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2011
antartica:

[b]The north koreans are hypnotized by ignorance.That murderfucker successfully kept them in the dark and giving them no choice of knowing otherwise.[/b]They probably really missed him.

Same hypnotism nigerians are going through but on a different degree and frequency.

Thank you!!
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by BlackBaron: 11:40pm On Dec 19, 2011
The way some Nigerians file out to defend despots and tyrants embarassed undecided

If Hitler were to be alive, probably same group of people would get on their keyboards extolling his virtues. . . lipsrsealed
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by elrony(m): 11:45pm On Dec 19, 2011
itz real funny readin thru some comments here, i aint gon say much

but the man is dead and gone, lets wait and see what happenz next!!
cheese!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by BlackBaron: 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2011
A country where foreign news is banned. .

Internet censored

and citizens not allowed to travel abroad without explicit permission ( population basically on lockdown )
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by maclatunji: 12:11am On Dec 20, 2011
Many funny comments here- One thing I have noted though is that some of us need to learn to be diplomatic and have more decorum. Do you know that it is not beyond the realm of reality for North Korean hackers to attack this site as a lesson to its owner to have at least a little respect for their late leader- that would be sad because it is totally unnecessary. He is lucky though because it is highly unlikely that such will happen. As for me, I must respect the dead as I have been taught.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Beaf: 1:57am On Dec 20, 2011
Crap 28! Preach bro! Keep the crap flowing, it is a fundamental human right, lest we forget as we mourn the supreme transition of the Dear Leader! cool grin
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Beaf: 2:02am On Dec 20, 2011
[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSWN6Qj98Iw[/flash]

[size=14pt]Weep or rot in in jail, damn it![/size]

What a country! shocked
The only place to use ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons to beg for food. Now the Dear Leader is gone! He gave you rockets when your kids cried for bread, weep people, weep! And tomorrow, get all yours sons to cut their hair in the new national hairstyle, also get them to wear the new national jacket.
Touching stuff! I've got a tear in my eye. cry
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 20, 2011
^^^^ shocked You cannot be serious. You mean those people are actually weeping for the "dear leader"? that has to be an orchestrated event!
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Mobinga: 3:06am On Dec 20, 2011
Beaf:

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSWN6Qj98Iw[/flash]

[size=14pt]Weep or rot in in jail, damn it![/size]

What a country! shocked
The only place to use ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons to beg for food. Now the Dear Leader is gone! He gave you rockets when your kids cried for bread, weep people, weep! And tomorrow, get all yours sons to cut their hair in the new national hairstyle, also get them to wear the new national jacket.
Touching stuff! I've got a tear in my eye. cry

What?? LMFAO. They are trolling and pretending. They cannot be serious.

grin grin grin grin
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by austin2002: 3:32am On Dec 20, 2011
Would be nice Gowon,Babangida,Obasanjo,all muslims in the north die like him.Just give them poison let them joined idol they worship called allah.Obasanjo is just a coward normal yoruba life.If nigeria has educated people,these people would not have seen a daylight. Unfortunately what nigeria has is people with degrees and no brain to back it up. Oh! did I forget that it's time we export radiation just to eliminate these parasites, just like evil russian leader Putin does to his opponents.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Lavish Lifestyle Of Mariam, Daughter Of Gambia’s President, Yahya Jammeh / Obama's Victory Speech: Video & Transcript / Guinea-bissau's President Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.