Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" (1956 Views)

My Boss Is Asking Me Out On A Date / Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her / My Boss Is Pushing Me To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by Fluffy(f): 7:15am On Mar 09, 2006
Well my boss is a young and good looking guy and many girls fall for him.
Unfortunately I'm not one of them coz he is my boss.
The other day he asked me out on a date and I could see he was realy expecting me to say yes, but I said no.
I don't believe in office romance, especialy not with the boss. Now he's making my job unbearable
and I'm starting to think maybe I should not have said no. undecided
Do u think I should make up for it by asking him out
and what if he says no which will make me feel worse
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by vichel(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2006
Noooo he's an ass *The backside not the Animal* don't ask him out, that's abuse in the work place which my dear is illegal all over the word. Don't u guys have some kind of authority that u could report him to? And i must congratulate u for first giving him the right answer. Hell No. Remember his an a**, and u don't want to date an A** do u?
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by Fluffy(f): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2006
Ye, but how do I report it. It's not physical or verbal abuse. I can't even say it's sexual harassment.
He just became very hostile towards me and overloads me with work while he knows I've got other things to do.
So I can't call that abuse, after all he is the boss and I have to do what he asks me to do workwise undecided
I just don't know what to do
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by Seun(m): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2006
Perhaps if you talk to the boss and let him know that you know what he is doing he would stop. If you:
1) Tell your friends or (male only) colleagues about it.
2) Call him privately let him know that harrassment is not what will make him appealing to you.
3) Indicate a willingness to report to authorities if the harrassment continues.

On the other hand, you must start:
4) Looking for a new job since you are no longer enjoying this one, or

An alternative is to:
5) Ask to be transferred to another department in the company where you will be under a different boss.
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by alheri(f): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2006
Words of wisdom here from seun. I agree completely!
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by Fluffy(f): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2006
Thanks for the advice Seun, but I've thought long and hard.
I've tried talking to him like you said, but he doesn't take me seriously.
Now he started flirting and making comments. He's the only one that can transfer me to another department and reporting to the authorities
might coz things to become messy.
I just need to solve this problem right here and soon, please I'm getting desperate here!!! !!!

Or I will be forced to, !
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by stormz(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2006
gimme his adres i'll go show him whoz boss
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by topeade(m): 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2006
Dont mind him, if he continues to disturb you, let the authority in your office know about it. all the best. smiley
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by afrobeat: 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2006
If you are going to confront him about the issue make sure you take a tape recorder with you and hide it in your bag. Record any conversation you have with him if it can help you plead your case. ( Yes, I am for real)
Also write everything down. As in write everything he does that is not right on a piece of paper. Write down the names of anybody that was around when the incident took place. And sign and date the paper. keep a record of everything.
What your boss is doing is not right. If you choose to pursue legal action, you will have all the documents and recorded tapes needed to prove your case.
Or else just start looking for another job or transfer to another department
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by stormz(m): 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2006
i agree wit afrobeat
listen to him
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by jofest(f): 7:32pm On Apr 18, 2008
The best thing is to go on your knees and cry to GOD.
He can handle all situations.
Take care and remain calm.\
Hold your peace and God will fight for you.
Re: Boss Is Making My Work Unbearable Because I Said "No" by manmustwac(m): 1:18am On Apr 19, 2008
jofest:

The best thing is to go on your knees and cry to GOD.
He can handle all situations.
Take care and remain calm.\
Hold your peace and God will fight for you.

Jofest this incident happend more than two years ago am sure she must have got another job by now.

(1) (Reply)

Iaes Nigeria Tsp Scholarship Result / Are There Management Consulting firms In Nigeria? / How To Get Your Dream Lecturing Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.