Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! (47556 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Atheists: 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2011
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
"The witch came back in February to come and apologize, to beg me(god) to please forgive her"

Lying bastard. After that slap will those your overzealous ushers even allow the lady near your gate talk more of seeing your highness.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Lasinoh: 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2011
Just imagine. shocked
Typical religious bigots!
Ogboni Occultic Pastor from the wild, wild western Nigeria. Twa!
No wonder the black man can never know progress.
Acting like na dem invent the religion come carry am for head/
Useless things! cheesy
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Atheists: 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2011
What l find worrying is the reaction of his flock.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Lasinoh: 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2011
Flock ko. . . hypnotized, poverrry-stricken, brainwashed m0r0ns ni!
Disgusting. angry
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by dare2think: 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2011
I feel like punching that bastar.d

angry

He is a COWARD.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by kramer: 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
Sounds very pompous and I dont remember any of the biblical characters being like that

In addition if she really did come back to beg (and probably repented) you really wouldnt brag about it that way would you?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by DrKnow1(m): 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2011
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Depointer1: 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2011
This should be at the FRONT PAGE PLS, FRONT PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by librangyps(f): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2011
Did u guys witness all this ur saying, Did this really happen If it did, well that's sad, Iv never really blieved I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the church, The last day will tell, God help us
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:54am On Dec 20, 2011
I don't understand why the whole Slapping affair is rampant with southern rascals  grin  grin
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by room702(m): 9:54am On Dec 20, 2011
smh @ this man. he knew he was dead wrong for what he did and he needed to come up with something to cover up the mess.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Konnektions146(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2011
i guess this church thing is getting into some pastor`s head. i imagine how the congregations worship some pastors like god, na wa ooo. this is not just fair. wat are teachin us
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Bisijohn: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2011
Free world, you are entitled to your opinion. It doesn't move the man of God whatever comment you post. They once accused Jesus that He was using evil spirit. It is not new, if you say anything against men of God. Except ye repent ,ye shall likewise perish. The message of the cross is foolishness to those who perish.

1 Like

Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by jaydude(f): 10:03am On Dec 20, 2011
U guys shuld leave church/pastor matter! Whether Oyedepo is fake,devilish or whatsoever,what of our selves? Salvation is personal,no matter d church u attend,on d last day what will matter @ d judgement seat of God is how we lived our lives! So please please face ur lives and let God judge Oyedepo,moreover wot u say about a human being never affects him,talk much of d one u can't even reach! U guys shuld face reality!

1 Like

Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by badmrkt(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2011
jaydude:

U guys shuld leave church/pastor matter! Whether Oyedepo is fake,devilish or whatsoever,what of our selves? Salvation is personal,no matter d church u attend,on d last day what will matter @ d judgement seat of God is how we lived our lives! So please please face your lives and let God judge Oyedepo,moreover wot u say about a human being never affects him,talk much of d one u can't even reach! U guys shuld face reality!
of course it's no business of ours,but it becomes business when someone is forced or brutalised to admit what he/she isn't.put yourself in the poor girl's position,
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by pendo89(f): 10:21am On Dec 20, 2011
very shallow preaching.

1 Like

Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Chubhie: 10:23am On Dec 20, 2011
Society can never be free until the last king and the priest are killed.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Joagbaje(m): 10:24am On Dec 20, 2011
I would first have loved to know on what ground the girl came out.

Secondly I would have loved to know on what ground she was slapped. Was it out of personal anger or a spiritual slap. I first assumed it was a personal fleshly anger but now I heard the man of God say it's a spiritual slap. cool
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by lifestyle1(m): 10:26am On Dec 20, 2011
I dnt care!!! lipsrsealed

live your life!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by UyiIredia(m): 10:28am On Dec 20, 2011
If I'm correct this video is not recent.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 20, 2011
It is not by force to believe him (Oyedepo) or the God he serves. Afterall, people go to church cos they have problems, why? cos its an african culture/routine/ritual. Before christianity and Islam came into existence, we consult the oracles of Ifa, Sango and the rest for solutions to problems. It is the same culture surfacing among african people in churches today. Either he is a man of God or not, let him be. As long as his style doesnt affect your breath in any way, he can do whatever he wishes in his church. Leave him alone and don't go to his church if you are pissed. The sad thing is that he is not even aware of all these emotions people are pouring out here. 30 years in ministry aint a joke. And If y'all really are getting seriously mad that much, go start your ministry and do it the right way since y'all are all knowing. Face your goddamn business and give him a break.  Who is actually a man of God? Are you God to know whom he approves to be his? Has God told you that what he did was wrong or right? Whose fight are y'all fighting? I hope its not for God,
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by means(m): 10:31am On Dec 20, 2011
Sad! Disgusting!! Unfortunately, no matter the criticism here  about this, the HEADLESS CHICKEN who call themselves his followers will not see anything wrong. He is a god to them, FOOLS
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by buzugee(m): 10:32am On Dec 20, 2011
first off, this has not been established as a clear case of abuse. these pastor types recruit people that they pay money to. the recruits are supposed to pretend like they have demons in them and to start jumping around or saying some outlandish supposedly satanic stuff. then the pastor slaps the demon out of them. then behind closed doors she gets paid, and the pastors audience-ship increases due to the reputation of slapping out demons. its all a charade. personally i dont think a man smart enough to build such a mega empire will be silly enough to slap a member of his audience that he did not recruit for such purposes. you dont get to his level by being a silly and non-thinking man. his moves are calculated. while yall here bellyaching about the slap, the  slap recipient is in the buka buying amala and ogunfe with the slap money that oyedepo gave her    
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 20, 2011
Bem_bem:

It is not by force to believe him (Oyedepo) or the God he serves. Afterall, people go to church cos they have problems, why? cos its an african culture/routine/ritual. Before christianity and Islam came into existence, we consult the oracles of Ifa, Sango and the rest for solutions to problems. It is the same culture surfacing among african people in churches today. Either he is a man of God or not, let him be. As long as his style doesnt affect your breath in any way, he can do whatever he wishes in his church. Leave him alone and don't go to his church if you are pissed. The sad thing is that he is not even aware of all these emotions people are pouring out here. 30 years in ministry aint a joke. And If y'all really are getting seriously mad that much, go start your ministry and do it the right way since y'all are all knowing. Face your goddamn business and give him a break.  Who is actually a man of God? Are you God to know whom he approves to be his? Has God told you that what he did was wrong or right? Whose fight are y'all fighting? I hope its not for God,

Does this warrant this stu-pid man to slap the girl ?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by buzugee(m): 10:35am On Dec 20, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy LMAO @ that slapping can kill you forever. you gotta admit this man is a comedian. i get the feeling all these people are coming for his comedic skills. grin
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 20, 2011
mac73:

I have read with a mixture of shock, disbelief and pity some of the comments made since the video was posted online. Some  comments have captured my thoughts on this issue. However, being unable to summon the presence of mind to post my comment the way it really is in my mind, i have decided to put it down as a poem. Enjoy.

ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR

Turn not the other cheek
For the infidel that smites you
By fire by blood
He shall die
The weapons of this warfare
Are not carnal
But mighty in pulling down
Strong holds

Give not unto Caesar
What is Caesar’s
The Lord of Host
Has decreed it
Summon Brutus to the synagogue
And anoint him
The next prefect of Rome
Even though his dagger
Drips still with the blood of Caesar

Give not a tenth measure
Of your harvest
To the house of Levites
The Lord of Host
Is no tiller of the earth
Sow a seed with the red beast
From the house of Ferrari
And see your fortune
Multiply before the next moon

Suffer not the children
To come to the
House of the Lord
If an infant cries
In the dead of the night
Be fooled not
It is but a witch
Smite it with your rod
And sting its cheek
With your palm
Then shall it know
To whom it speaks blasphemy

Thou shall have
No other God
Except the man of God
And his spouse
And their spawn
Judge him not
That you may not be judged
Touch him not
And do him no harm
But I bid you
Smite the heathens
Who dare question his flaws

Were he to be alive today
The wood mender Nazarene
Would be the unbeliever
In a faith he authored.

(Inspired by the song “Antichrist Superstar” by Marilyn Manson)

A summary of the bullshit about to occur on this thread,
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 20, 2011
Has he ever advertise or beg any1 to attend his church? Make una mind una buusiness
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 20, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Does this warrant this stu-pid man to slap the girl ?
I might if I were in his shoes with his level of experience. I am sure deliverance sessions are worse than that. I believe he knows what he's doing. From my view he may be talking to the demon directly and not the girl.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Candid05: 10:42am On Dec 20, 2011
The Bishop is living in another world of pure imagination. There are some unanswered questions. Where in the Bible did Jesus slap or insult witches or those who do any wrong? Does the 'Man of God' know anything about respecting people's human rights? Does it mean he failed that day to ostracize the 'demonic spirit' of witchcraft from the girl that is why she could keep going back to their meetings after the slap? Does it occur to him that he is not talking to a bunch of hypnotized morons? If it is true that the 'lady-witch' that he slapped came back to beg him, then what happened next? Did that 'beg' convert the girl to another 'born-again' or it gave her the license and freedom to go on operating as a witch or even progress to become the 'leading witch in Nigeria'? Did anyone expect the church members to query him? No. The man and others like him are 'God-like' and whatever they do is right. No wonder more and more Nigerians who still have their sanity intact would worship at home rather than get their chance of salvation messed up by such 'religious leaders'. All these people making excuses for him should simply re-examine their line of reasoning. After all the Bible say 'come lets reason together'. For those who say he did not force anyone to come to his church, i pity you. A church is a public place that anyone should feel free to go to. More over, it is the place that your rights should be protected and safety more assured. It is not supposed to be anybody's personal property even though there would always be leaders that God used to bring the church to manifestation. Did Jesus not call sinners to come to him? Was it to insult and abuse them? No. If you don't want just anybody there then it is no more a church but a den for a selected few to protect each other's interest at all cost. I know Winners Chapel is not such a secret place except if anyone prove to me to be otherwise. For those disturbing us with long Bible quotations of not worshiping other gods except God, they are being judgmental over the young lady. What is their proof that she is a witch 'worshiping other Gods'? Can they prove 100% that NONE of their members worship other gods after leaving the church? Other gods are not only graven images and charms but it is also by placing your hope and trust in things like money, a human being, politicians, etc. For those asking us to leave the anointed man of God alone, they just make me laugh. No one was there when anybody was anointed so the only way he can prove it to us is by his actions and speech  of doing good and avoiding evil, preaching and living by the word the words the way that Jesus did, etc. Look, we all respect that office and not every one can function in that office but if you chose to do so, then it is your responsibility, under the unction and wisdom of God, to live permanently in the approved way of God. In as much as no one should judge him, then he has no right to judge others, simple. Demon is spiritual and he need spiritual action to get rid of it and not physical action like slapping. As one of his admirers, he owe us an apology for allowing the violent part of his human nature to over take the meek and gentle part of his spiritual calling
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by angelz(f): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2011
by their fruit u shall kno them.
in as much as its not in our place 2 jugde,
Jesus said by the fruit his disciples bear u wil kno dem.
Jesus is neither agrresiv nor violent, the same thin applies to his disciples.
so whoever invent his own method shall be jugde by God.
hence he said he wil start jugdment in his own house,cus he knows the most
corrupt are within his household.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by wowo2: 10:44am On Dec 20, 2011
because the pastor in the western world church can not slap is why they have constant electricity and good roads, oh well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / Apostle Suleman Vs Stephanie Otobo: When You Lie Against God's Children / Free Sex Is Not Free: A Warning For Guys - Sunday Akanni Moshood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.