Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection (25628 Views)

Tinubu’s Massive Looting Of Lagos Uncovered…the Chagoury, Remi Tinubu Connection / What Do Nigerians Do With The Tinubu Documentary?- ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (punch) / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
aloyemeka1:
16. THE BIG FRAUD

This is the biggest fraud ever conceived!

(a) A road that was initially constructed by two previous administration and that belong to the Lagos State Government is now being jointly owned by Tinubu-the former governor and Fashola-the present governor through his crony-Dr Tunji Olowolafe under the consortium LCC

(b) LCC was appointed without conforming to the Public Procurement Act of 2007. There was no public bidding process, no competing bids from other consortium and the fact that the former Governor and the present Governor have personal interest is criminal in nature.

(c) LCC will collect toll from the taxpayers of Lagos over the next 30years. The amount to be collected was not subject to any negotiation or law by any regulatory agency. Which means it is arbitrary and could be changed without notice anytime through the duration of the 30 year lease.

(d) In addition, landowners and prospective builders of homes are being charged heavily as infrastructural charge, land use charge and personal income tax and are now required to pay road tax or toll. This is multiple taxation in its worst form.

(e) The people’s livelihoods have been disrupted for the past 3 years without compensation and there is no alternate road anywhere as it is in practice in other parts of the world where there are toll roads.
December 19, 2011 5:47 PM
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
aloyemeka1:
11. To further confirm this, Tinubu has built a multi-billion naira state of the art hotel-the Oriental Hotel along the express road. Conveniently, the toll gate is located a few meters before the hotel coming from VI so that the hotel clients wouldn’t have to pay toll. Even, special entry and exit points (including a roundabout) have been constructed for the hotel and the multi-level car park beside it (also owned by Tinubu) by the construction company using tax/toll payers’ money. Talk about creating a personal empire. One man owning an express road and a multi-billion naira hotel.

12. The 49.4km two-phased project is to cost an outrageous N50 billion which the innocent citizens and particularly the residents and indigenous communities of Lekki, Ajah, Epe and Ibeju areas will cough out over the next 30 years while Tinubu, Fashola, Olowolafe, the Chagouris and their other collaborators and their unborn generations will be smiling to the banks. A simple arithmetic shows that cost of construction averages N1billion per 1km. This did not include the 1,000 hectares of land and other costs already incurred by the Lagos state government. This must be the most expensive road anywhere in the world! Meanwhile, there will be 3 toll plazas in a 50km stretch!

13. Already, the rehabilitation work which started in 2006 has only achieved less than 2km in over 3 years; meanwhile, the consortium has only concentrated on building the toll plazas rather than first completing the two phases for the convenience of residents. Residents in these areas spend more than 6 hours daily on the road while the situation will get worse during the coming rains. This has disrupted the lives of the citizens and no proper alternate road was constructed by the consortium.

14. The entire Lekki axis hosts millions of indigenous people who are fishermen and farmers and have occupied their lands for centuries. They are largely poor and agrarian from villages like Ajah, Badore, Elegushi, Ajiran, Sangotedo, Abijo, Ibeju, and all communities in Eti-osa, Epe and Ibeju-Lekki Local Government areas. These indigenous people along with others living in the area are now being forced to pay toll to enter and exit their fatherland.

15. These people who have been subjected to economic misfortune occasioned by seizure of their lands by this government are now been economically drained by the imposition of toll gates within their communities. There has never been any consultations with the people neither was there any environmental impact assessment before the commencement of the project.
December 19, 2011 5:47 P
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by yorex2011: 11:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Illuminating post
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
yorex2011:
Illuminating post
real talk
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
dammytosh:
FINALLY THE SCALE HAS FALLEN OFF THEIR EYES.

EKO TI BAJE JU.

CAN WE GET THE AMOUNT THEY HAVE BORROWED TO FUND THE SHOW OF SHAME ACN CALLED PERFORMANCE ?
The scales have finally fallen from their eyes.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
james1:
Thieving bastards.may thunder fire them!!!
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
9jagreat:
GREATEST FRAUD EVER!!!! GIVE IT UP FOR THESE GUYS, THEY ARE GENIOUS, EKO ONI BAJE O HA HA HA HA HA HA
Lagosians that will be forming sophisticated,yet they are under bondage and slavery
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
hilli666:
Once the name chagouris is involved in anything, my heart just sinks. And what is Chagouris? if not but a link back to the west, I bet the Clintons and other western politicians are going to enjoy the renewed contributions by the Chagouris family. Maybe the Whites were wrong, for labeling Africans "nothing more than just a bunch of illiterate, unmotivated, lazy, disorganized porch monkeys", what they really meant to say was "Sheep" because even Monkeys won’t put up with this "rubbish. If 200 million people can sit and watch while a few pillage their resources, then maybe they deserve it. Now I see that the greatest sarcasm is in the platitude "Eko o ni baje" and I used to think it meant something.
Like sheep we are being led- without resistance, almost voluntarily to the slaughter house. It seems the whites are still in charge, for every picture involving the construction of a new Mall, or bridge, or Toll Booth, or Airport all I see is “whites” in "hard hats" with the "walkie talkies" giving the instructions.
It's all blurry now, I don't know who friend, family, foe, thief, pastor, baba alawo, devil, democracy, military, mend, boko haram is.  They all seem the same, and ends to a mean “EKO O NI BAJE".  Fashola you whom we held dearest and closet, might just have gotten too close, close enough to cause the deepest wound.
Nigerians are docile and have always had sheep mentality
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
omenziate:
A country ruled by a gang of countless thieves, whichever party they are partitioned to. Sometimes I wonder if they have an ounce of pity for d masses. But all we can do now is Watch and Pray.

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
tosanj:
THis Tinubu guy is just greedy and wicked and I know he will not go scot free. He feels that Lagos is his father's compand and he is the sole landlord. His hands are in every thing in the state, if he can not get it the project will not kick off.

When I sit down and think, If we can all remember clearly, Fashola would have been impeached in his last tenure, I am sure it is becos he did not want to play ball with Tinubu. Only if he had stick to not playing ball!!!, The masses would have supported him. What a pity  

When one man wants to eat what everybody will eat, the food go kill and him family, simply.

We should stop comparing this issue on ground, ie between what PDP and AC, this man is robbing us and our children yet unborn and we are here comparing what PDP and AC has done. It is not a PDP or AC thing but what they are doing that is wrong. You only need a party to come into power after that you are suppose to work for the people and forget about who voted or did not vote for you. Becos it is the people’s money you will work with and not the monies of those that voted for you

This Tinubu man should remember what happened to Gadafi, he gave his people alot but the altitude behind the giving was bad and they still killed him. Who know am (tinibu) should tell him to be careful, becos people are getting wiser. If he (tinubu) does not approve of you, you cannot hold or do anything in lagos. And the approval na him own share of the deal oh. His end is closer than we think. When he was campaign for his second tenure he said he will build a 4th main land bridge and even clearing of the site we no see, then people will tell me he did something. He spent 4yrs we no see bridge, fashola don spend 4yrs we never still see bridge. Na old road they add lane to and say make we pay toll. I think we need to know the faces, the veil of LCC is covering?
We should leave party alone and deal with individual in power and bring them to book.
tenure campaign he said he will build 4th main land bridge and even clearing of the site we no see, then people will tell me he did something.

We should leave party alone and deal with individual in power and bring them to book.
One of the few people with sense in Lagos
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
joeyfire:

When I interact with majority of lagosians I wonder if eko oni baje is not an enchanted word designed to put a spell of ignorance on the weak minded. Its not
unheard of for naija state and federal governments to be innately corrupt, what scares the crap out of me is the deification of the oppressor. I'm happy that people are beginning to wisen up but lagosians need to take back their state from the company that lagos has become with lagosians as the customers. This lekki road gist stinks to high heavens but some people are just too replete with idiocy, follow follow mentality or wannabeism to speak the truth
Effect of brainwashing,they give their oppressor accolades like"jagaban" and 'lord of bourdillion".
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 10, 2018
MarcAnthon:
Like someone said earlier Lagosians are taxpayers so they have a right to be concerned about how their money is spent. The rest of Nigeria barely pays tax. I paid tax for a bit before leaving, hence I should be concerned too. Besides it's still my country.

Btw, thank you Debosky for the little you chipped in. No one in his right mind refutes irrefutable argument. We are not necessarily criticizing, we simply want to understand, and make the government understand also that we are watching, since the state assembly has lost its voice. But please stop asking for evidence, or dismissing these 'allegations'. When the opposition also accuses the Feds, no one asks for evidence to their claims. Just tell us why you think these allegations are illogical. Instead Mr Eko-ile and his ilk resort to insults.

So I have narrowed it down to these for anyone that has answers, don't forget that we already know the answer to some of these:

1. Is Tinubu the owner of LCC and ARM and part owner of HITECH? If yes, is it proper for a governor to award a contract to his consortium while in office? Does that not amount to malfeasance on his part?

2. Was there a competitive bid for the contract? Were there competing bids, quotes and professional evaluations from other parties?

3. Why would a road construction cost N1B per kilometer? Is the road made of gold? Is that not fraud of the highest order?

4. Why isn't there an alternative motorable road as exists in other parts of the world with tollable roads, so that it becomes the choice of the motorist whether or not he wants to go through the tolled road?

5. Why would any sane government agree to 3 toll plazas over a 50 km stretch and not put a cap over how much can be charged, thereby leaving the people it serves at the mercy of the greed of the contractors?

6. How does the rest of the project figure here? The 4th mainland bridge and the coastal road, what's the 411 on those?

PS: Please advice the government to have those guys pull down those fences along the road. It makes absolutely no sense at all. I have never seen the like before.
The questions Lagosians should be asking
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
webmanlag:
OP, Go bless you for sharing this information. These bandits will soon have nowhere to hide
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
[quote][/quote]
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by nku5: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
EkoIle1:

Me waste my time on the rubbish you call allegations? You really must be re=tarded.

You clowns are really overbuilding your relevance and importance.

After all these years of servitude I hope say Tinubu don at least give this eko ile guy one small keke park take drive hunger grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
nku5:

After all these years of servitude I hope say Tinubu don at least give this eko ile guy one small keke park take drive hunger grin grin
lmao...or crumbs from his bullion van or allowed him to fly in his $35 million dollar private jet.

1 Like

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
9jagreat:
GREATEST FRAUD EVER!!!! GIVE IT UP FOR THESE GUYS, THEY ARE GENIOUS, EKO ONI BAJE O HA HA HA HA HA HA
'Oga's at the top'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP / 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu / Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.