Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (43796 Views)

Buhari Inspects Made-in-nigeria Peugeot Cars(photos) / Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients. PICS / FG To File Defence In Lekki-ikoyi Bridge Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by sandee575(f): 6:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
o
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by HyeBits: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2011
@sandee575, you may not know you can link this road going through Lekki. Stop beign DUMBASS.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by lagbaja(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2011
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]80% ? [/size] Guy you go don fail maths/stats for school wella .

For crying out loud, the project handler says its 80% completed , you said its not, what has that got to do with anything ? whether its 90% or 0%, the pictures and evidences are there to see. common sense is no longer common.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by phreakabit(m): 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2011
lagbaja:

For crying out loud, the project handler says its 80% completed , you said its not, what has that got to do with anything ? whether its 90% or 0%, the pictures and evidences are there to see. common sense is no longer common.

Quit being imbecilic. This is a quote from OP's post on the first page :

Dec 18, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), Sunday inspected the state of work at the 1.35 kilometre Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge which is currently at 80 percent completion.

The first of its kind Cable Stay Bridge, with Pylons that will be 90 metres high, which will connect Admiralty Way in Lekki to the Osborne Road end in Ikoyi, is conceptualized to ease traffic at the corridor and make travelling between the two high-brow communities easier.

It is being handled by Julius Berger, one of the leading construction giants in the country, whose Project Manager, Mr. Christian Moessman, led the Governor and his entourage to walk through the project. Other top officials of Julius Berger present were the Division Manager Mr. Wolfgang Loesser, Operations Manager, Mr. Thomas Haag and Contract Co-ordinator, Engineer Nath Ikem.

The Governor had earlier, in company of his Works and Infrastructure Commissioner, Dr. Femi Hamzat, Special Adviser on Works and Infrastructure, Engineer Ganiyu Johnson, Special Adviser, Private Public Participation (PPP), Mr. Ayo Gbeleyi and Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba, inspected the Lekki-Epe Toll Plaza 2 and the on-going alternative road that will run through Chevron Road to the back of Olorunshola Estate and back on the Expressway.

He expressed satisfaction at the quality of work done on the road which is at [size=18pt]50[/size] percent completion and was certain that government would expedite action on its completion.

Next time don't neglect your reasoning faculty while posting. . . . In your words : "common sense is no longer common." You drown in the ocean of stup!dity.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by aljharem3: 7:02pm On Dec 20, 2011
phreakabit:

Quit being imbecilic. This is a quote from OP's post on the first page :

Next time don't neglect your reasoning faculty while posting. . . . In your words : "common sense is no longer common." You drown in the ocean of stup!dity.

SMH

I hope you know a road on a bridge is different from the entire bridge

if the bridge aka pillars is 50 %
and the road on the bridge is 50 %

and the road is 50% of the 50 % which is 25 %

the thus we can say 50 + 25 = 75 %

if so, you can estimate it to be 80 % can't you ?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by phreakabit(m): 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
alj_harem:

SMH

Show me where it says  the bridge is 80% complete in that post? Use your brain ( Not an insult) the word "road" used there was referring to the entire project AS AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE FOR COMMUTERS. BTW, WTH do you get your figures and theories?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
Looks solid
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by phreakabit(m): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2011
Definitely looking good ATM. . . But if it can turn out looking like the prototype in the last pic that would be amazing.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Gentleboby: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2011
Look at Bros Fashola and his men visited the site without Head-protector in their Ogongo head see black and see white, Our governor you disappointed us with that attitude  cry cry

If na okada now them go carry am go alausa where we go carry our governor go now?

OOOOOO OUR LEADERS DID NOT FOLLOW THE RULE.

when is nice 80% right let us be honest .
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by soloqy: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
I used to be a staunch Fashola supporter but I have come to realise that he is helping Tinubu Rob the people dry. That has always been their plan. All this Eko Oni Baje, is a ploy.One that worked for a while but our eyes are now open.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by phreakabit(m): 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
soloqy:

I used to be a staunch Fashola supporter but I have come to realise that he is helping Tinubu Rob the people dry. That has always been their plan. All this Eko Oni Baje, is a ploy.One that worked for a while but our eyes are now open.

Too little too late. . .
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by kizito96(m): 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
Lets be realistic, Fashola is doing very well. If other previous Governors had provided infrastructure like this, the Country would have turned into something else
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by aljharem3: 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2011
kizito96:

Lets be realistic, Fashola is doing very well. If other previous Governors had provided infrastructure like this, the Country would have turned into something else

Are you minding this goons

When I read some of their comments on Fashola's project, I always think to myself that "maybe their places are far better off"

But when I visit even Port harcourt, I was full of disappointment. Even abuja is nothing to right home about now.

Lagos really needs to decongest herself for her to feel the real effect of the development.

that is the reality.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Gentleboby: 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2011

Take it easy with Fashola because Nigerians never realised until this time that everything devastated, Lagos has been suffering from bad leaders since the time of marwa former military administrator when he opened airline business with  other investment, It was then people woke up but not everybody.
If you rate Lagos state with other state you are ignorant because all others states allocation goes to Lagos via trading and many more but nothing was done in Lagos compare to money generated, I visited main Lagos street I realised reason while their cars does not last because of pot hole and they pay equal tax.

IT WAS FLOOD THAT EXPOSED ALL LAZY GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA AFTER LONG TIME USING MEDIA TO DECEIVED PEOPLE.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2011
alj_harem:

Are you minding this goons

When I read some of their comments on Fashola's project, I always think to myself that "maybe their places are far better off"

But when I visit even Port harcourt, I was full of disappointment. Even abuja is nothing to right home about now.

Lagos really needs to decongest herself for her to feel the real effect of the development.

that is the reality.

and the final solution as you put it is for Lagos to de-congest itself. How bout we start by hauling u head first into the lagoon and after that fashola and tinubu can drop anthrax spores over oshodi.
I have been reading your comments for a while and I must say sir that you always get it wrong. This fight is not about resisting development or change its about corruption and extortion.
Next time you post, think first!
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by ahf(m): 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2011
People derail a lot from the issues.

Bridge construction is in progress (whether currently 80% or not), we just await 100% so we can start using it.

In respect of the toll issue, i just feel some issues were not fully thought thru, they should have left the old road as an alternative route, and built a fresh new road, which would clearly make it optional for desired users.  After driving through the road over the weekend,the benefits of a good road cannot be over emphasised.

I hope Fashola is looking at 4th Mainland bridge, linking Ikorodu to Ajah. That would really kill the traffic chaos on the 3rd Mainland bridge, and reduce the pains suffered by many to and from work. The tussle between Federal or State funded is probably the reason for this stalling. If they are looking at a private partnership, they should iron out the issues well, and convene due public forum to trash all the issues.

While it is understood, that some form of private investment (and subsequently tolls or levies) are required for infrastructure and economic development, the LASG should look at ways to reduce the pains on residents.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by sebastinta(m): 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2011
we go crazy abt lil things in Nig, wats special abt building bridge, y in ikoyi nd not in ikorodu :/
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by humblebee: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2011
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]80% ? [/size] Guy you go don fail maths/stats for school wella .

is that what is bothering you, ok 20% completion, are you ok now? if that's the only thing your head could pick from the whole post
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by aljharem3: 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2011
OK_2_NV:

and the final solution as you put it is for Lagos to de-congest itself. How bout we start by hauling u head first into the lagoon and after that fashola and tinubu can drop anthrax spores over oshodi.
I have been reading your comments for a while and I must say sir that you always get it wrong. This fight is not about resisting development or change its about corruption and extortion.
Next time you post, think first!

So you think with 15 million + cars truck and co on the roads of Lagos every single day would not damage the roads within a year or so in a tropical region ?

secondly, with the pressure of sick people in the hospital of about 10 million + from all over the country with limited good hospitals would not affect the performance of the doctors ?

This is the sort of lack of reasoning affecting Nigeria.

Take a look at Rivers state. It collects more allocations than Lagos and still has a quarter of the population. Don't forget there is still more performance in Eko than Rivers o.

Come on, decongestion is not by axthrax or withever. It is be spreading development to other states like Balysea, ogun, anambra etc so the pressure would stop.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by phreakabit(m): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2011
humblebee:

is that what is bothering you, ok 20% completion, are you ok now? if that's the only thing your head could pick from the whole post

You are a Phytoplankton in the food chain. . . . I am seeking big fishes to fry. I hope you understand.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by stunna2(m): 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2011
LOOK AT ALL THE PICTURES AND TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG, ? THE LAWLESS NIGERIANS IN THE PICTURES ARE NOT WEARING ANY CONSTRUCTION HARD HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

, in a law abiding society, everyone visiting a construction site - never mind the people who work there must wear safety gear and hats r on top of the lists for protection to prevent accidents! wow, i can not even begin to imagine what all those white people think of the black men working and walking side by side with them with no hats on!

you think that you can teach by example - good example; no way, not when it come to these people!! not sure if to laugh or be shocked or whatever! wow!! smh
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by ak47mann(m): 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
phreakabit:

You are a Phytoplankton in the food chain. . . .  I am seeking big fishes to fry. I hope you understand.
waiting 4 eko ile  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by OAM4J: 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2011
phreakabit:

Show me where it says  the bridge is 80% complete in that post? Use your brain ( Not an insult) the word "road" used there was referring to the entire project AS AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE FOR COMMUTERS. BTW, WTH do you get your figures and theories?

here:

Dec 18, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), Sunday inspected the state of work at the 1.35 kilometre Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge [size=15pt]which is currently at 80 percent completion.[/size]

The first of its kind Cable Stay Bridge, with Pylons that will be 90 metres high, which will connect Admiralty Way in Lekki to the Osborne Road end in Ikoyi, is conceptualized to ease traffic at the corridor and make travelling between the two high-brow communities easier.

It is being handled by Julius Berger, one of the leading construction giants in the country, whose Project Manager, Mr. Christian Moessman, led the Governor and his entourage to walk through the project. Other top officials of Julius Berger present were the Division Manager Mr. Wolfgang Loesser, Operations Manager, Mr. Thomas Haag and Contract Co-ordinator, Engineer Nath Ikem.

The Governor had earlier, in company of his Works and Infrastructure Commissioner, Dr. Femi Hamzat, Special Adviser on Works and Infrastructure, Engineer Ganiyu Johnson, Special Adviser, Private Public Participation (PPP), Mr. Ayo Gbeleyi and Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba, inspected the Lekki-Epe Toll Plaza 2 and the on-going alternative road that will run through Chevron Road to the back of Olorunshola Estate and back on the Expressway.

He expressed satisfaction at the quality of work done on the road which is at 50 percent completion and was certain that government would expedite action on its completion.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by phreakabit(m): 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2011
ak47mann:

waiting 4 eko ile  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nah. . . I am not up for an argument today. I was simply trying to let him know that the bridge doesn't look 80% complete.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by phreakabit(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2011
OAM4J:

here:

SHOIST! I guess I missed that one. . . . But honestly it doesn't look 80% . Except of course they were referring to it being erected.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by expert555: 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2011
I'm not a fan of Fashola lets give due to him when he deserve it this a good project so he is free to shout about it as long as is delivered. We are not a tax paying society may be the way forward for us to maintain our roads is toll. Most us won'tind paying toll for a safe drive to our destination there are too many deaths on our roads.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by OAM4J: 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2011
phreakabit:

SHOIST! I guess I missed that one. . . . But honestly it doesn't look 80% . Except of course they were referring to it being erected.

most times with construction works, pictures don't tell the whole story. Like pictures don't show the foundations which most of the times consume more than 40 % of the whole project cost.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by elrony(m): 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2011
OK_2_NV:

[size=20pt]another toll gate project[/size]

hehe fagshola propaganda tinz!!, we all knw na!!
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by phreakabit(m): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2011
OAM4J:

most times with construction works, pictures don't tell the whole story. Like pictures don't show the foundations which most of the times consume more than 40 % of the whole project cost.

That will be the most reasonable explanation. If that is the case, I'd say great job guys and good luck .
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by ace4luv69(m): 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2011
Dis is a masterpiece, dats if its true
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by room702(m): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2011
alj_harem:

SMH

LWKMD!!! which kind mathematics be this
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by vislabraye(m): 9:19pm On Dec 20, 2011
Let us see its completion, There might be a toll gate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

DSS Arrest: Tinubu Reacts To Calls For Oshiomhole's Removal / Ben Bruce Shares A Quote Of Goodluck Jonathan From 3-years Ago!!! / Goodluck Jonathan Observing Tanzanian Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.